Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: You want to make your own home solar? Pasok!

Very nice thread!!! matagal ko na hinahanap to!! Dahil sa napaka haaaaaaaaaaaaaba mo explanation naintindihan ko na pano set up ang solar. Very useful po para sa akin na wala idea about Electronics. Up up up para kay TS:clap:

nice thread sir, gagawin ko to kaya lang busy pa ngayon.:)

Im interested sa solar how to make, kaya magseseminar ako sa monday sa cavite, kahit sa maliit muna mag start----http://solarenergyph.com/energy

Nice.... pls tell us how went your seminar!

Sa palagay ko d na kailangan yang timer kc lahat ng ref ngaun ay may reostat. Kung gus2 nyo talaga makatipid edi iset nyo lang ung reostat sa pinaka mababang level. Mababawasan ung lamig ng ref nyo pero atleast makakatipid kayo sa kuryente.

Hindi.... reostat or thermostat, there is no problem with timer coz your ref is plug in the timer so that's the timer who makes it run or stop. My ref is one year old, Panasonic brand. Even you lower the thermostat you will not save a lot... with a timer you save on the ref life and a lot on your bill. Believe me it works very, very fine :thumbsup: People living on solar, off grid, in the States are using this trick to lower their batteries consumption. When I started to use the timer, my bill went down up to 30%, I must say I was very happy... and now with solar my bill is 90% down!!!

nice ! interested ako kaso ang mahal ng mga parts na kelangan :(

yup, that's the main problem :weep:

Last edited:

thanks ts, solar panel at breaker nalang ang wala sakin. Ipon ulit para makabili

ts yung 1000 watts mo na inverter ay kailangan ba tlga na 3 solar panels or 150w in parallel para supply sa inverter mo?how much voltage and current ba yung 1000 watts?extra tanong na din ts hhehhe,more wattage sa inverter means more input ba sa voltage and current?

pa BM ts, interested ako dito hehe.. :salute:

ts yung 1000 watts mo na inverter ay kailangan ba tlga na 3 solar panels or 150w in parallel para supply sa inverter mo?how much voltage and current ba yung 1000 watts?extra tanong na din ts hhehhe,more wattage sa inverter means more input ba sa voltage and current?

The inverter has nothing to do with the number of solar panels... the power of the inverter depends on the appliances you want to run. For example if you want to run a 200 watts appliance you will need a 300 or 400 watts inverter.
That's the battery who gives the power... the more batteries connected in parallel, the more wattages you can use for longer time. The solar panels are the ones charging the batteries, so the more solar panels connected in parallel, the faster your batteries will be charged

sang cd r king ts ung ktapat ng electronico b? parang gusto k i try. wala kc ko nkta dun.

sang cd r king ts ung ktapat ng electronico b? parang gusto k i try. wala kc ko nkta dun.

Sa Robinson, nagbili ako lahat dyan.... walang solar panels sa rizal at mas maraming items sa Robinson :thumbsup:

pa bm po tnx :thumbsup:

ah mamya nga saglitin ko yn canvast muna. lagi patay sinde paleco dito satin eh

Update sa seminar ko kanina,

ang daming tama na suggestion at sagot ni ts kaya ayun sa seminar ko ganun na nga tama si ts, mahal ang solar panel, pero ok ang gumawa ng solar panel mula sa solar cell, para syang piatos sa lutong at nipis, naka putol ako ng dalawa sa paghinang then icontinous mo silang lahat ang dulot dulo ay positive ilalim at negative naman ang ibabaw, enjoy din one on one tut kami.

Solar Panel 100 watts multicrystalline 8k ang isa,

deep cycle battery motolite200ah/12v 13,000.00/pc,

solar charge contrller 80ah PWH 15,770.00/pc

inverter 1000w 8,875.00/pc

ayan parang maximize na, pag tama sa lotto mani na yan:clap: kaya mahal dito kc ayaw ng meralco at may kalaban na sila, but the next problem in next 30 years baka may tax na ang solar ng may solar kc gustong kumita ng gov't natin:ranting:

Last edited:

ts magkano ba yung charge controller na gmit mo?at san mo yan nabili?

@awinahe,

please give me answer to this, hope you could help me to clarify kung tama nga ako, kc newbei lang sa ganito bagamat nag-seminar ako, pero hirap talaga ako sa math:slap:

a "908 Watts" (aircon 1 hp) to run 5 hours at night (summertime, manila area/ pero i could use this to alternate to some aparato pag cold na ang panahon:thumbsup:) is equal to 4,540 Watt, yan ang total load;

Solar Panel ---908 Watt (5x200W)
Battery---------378AH ==========better select a larger battery to 400AH
Controller------75.6Amps,========go larger to 80Amps)
Inverter---------908 Watts=======or did i go for 1000Watts?

tama ba?

@all---price depende kung san mo mabibili mahal kc sa pinas :slap:

pa bm po tnx :thumbsup:

welcome!

ah mamya nga saglitin ko yn canvast muna. lagi patay sinde paleco dito satin eh

yup.... kagabi 2 hours brownout dito but walang problema with solar :thumbsup:

Update sa seminar ko kanina,

ang daming tama na suggestion at sagot ni ts kaya ayun sa seminar ko ganun na nga tama si ts, mahal ang solar panel, pero ok ang gumawa ng solar panel mula sa solar cell, para syang piatos sa lutong at nipis, naka putol ako ng dalawa sa paghinang then icontinous mo silang lahat ang dulot dulo ay positive ilalim at negative naman ang ibabaw, enjoy din one on one tut kami.

Solar Panel 100 watts multicrystalline 8k ang isa,

deep cycle battery motolite200ah/12v 13,000.00/pc,

solar charge contrller 80ah PWH 15,770.00/pc

inverter 1000w 8,875.00/pc

ayan parang maximize na, pag tama sa lotto mani na yan:clap: kaya mahal dito kc ayaw ng meralco at may kalaban na sila, but the next problem in next 30 years baka may tax na ang solar ng may solar kc gustong kumita ng gov't natin:ranting:

Nice! But the price they gave you are very expensive, I think your seminar was sponsored by a solar company who wants to sell their products... you can find cheaper :)

ts magkano ba yung charge controller na gmit mo?at san mo yan nabili?

I don't have a controller as the power of my solar panels is smaller than my batteries (150 watts solar panels and 320 Ah batteries) so I don't have risk of overcharging. A controller should be 2 times the total of the amperes of the solar panels. For example, my solar panels are rated 10 amp so the controller should be 20 amp (but you can use 15 amp if you are sure that you will not add other panel later on) They sell controller in cdr king but I do not know the quality !!

@awinahe,

please give me answer to this, hope you could help me to clarify kung tama nga ako, kc newbei lang sa ganito bagamat nag-seminar ako, pero hirap talaga ako sa math:slap:

a "908 Watts" (aircon 1 hp) to run 5 hours at night (summertime, manila area/ pero i could use this to alternate to some aparato pag cold na ang panahon:thumbsup:) is equal to 4,540 Watt, yan ang total load;

Solar Panel ---908 Watt (5x200W)
Battery---------378AH ==========better select a larger battery to 400AH
Controller------75.6Amps,========go larger to 80Amps)
Inverter---------908 Watts=======or did i go for 1000Watts?

tama ba?

@all---price depende kung san mo mabibili mahal kc sa pinas :slap:

I'm afraid you are wrong! First, an aircon is the worst thing to run on solar coz they do eat a lot of electricity.... So, the good news: for 1 hp aircon, you don't need 1000 watts of solar panels, nor 80 amp controller. But the bad news: you will not be able to run your aircon with a 1000 watts inverter (you need at least 1500 watts) and your 400 Ah battery will not last one hour.

My suggestion, for 1000 watts aircon running 5 hours a day (with no backup days and not discharging your battery more than 50%):

Solar panels 600 watts
controller 30 amp
inverter 1500 watts (minimum)
battery 1000 Ah

This is a big setup just for an aircon.... what if you run on solar all your other appliances except the aircon? did you calculate what the part of the aircon in your monthly bill?

Last edited:

@awinahe,

thanks, aircon talaga (try ko computin yang syo) kc sobrang init sa manila, kahit nitong month ay may aircon pa rin kami, :slap:

then baka pwede rin sa ibang gamit pag cool na ang panahon sa manila :)

EDIT: awinahe, maulan ba dyan ngayon sa palawan, at nakaka pag charge din ba ang solar mo?

Last edited:

Because of the several typhoons that recently passed, I decided to make a home back up power system to be used during blackouts. My primary need is to run a home network with internet (a laptop, modem, router, a network drive, a printer and 3 led 220vac light bulbs). The total wattage is less than 500 watts.

My current set up:
1000va pure sine wave inverter (not sure if true) from cdr king
Motolite car battery (2smf, brand new) (for testing purpose)

I have already tested this setup continuously for more than than 3 hours and so far so good.

Just recently I bought a SOLAR POWER KIT 150W (4,580.00) from cdr king.
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=18033&main=167

The kit includes:
1. Solar Panel 17V/20W solar panel (opens like a book). Solar panel has cable (5m w/ DC plug)
2. Solar controller/modified sine wave inverter (150w) with built-in sealed acid battery (12AH), 4 outputs 12 VDC DC-jack (150W max) and 1 inverter universal socket. It has also a USB port 5 VDC (500 mA), 10-in-1 mobile charger tips. Has a voltmeter display, DC load indicator, AC load indicator and charging indicator.
3. Accessories. 2 supplied 12VDC 3W E27 LED bulbs. Includes 2 E27 with switch and 4m cable w/ DC plug. Alligator clip and 2 spare fuse.

I am now testing this kit… anybody here already using this solar kit?

@awinahe,

thanks, aircon talaga (try ko computin yang syo) kc sobrang init sa manila, kahit nitong month ay may aircon pa rin kami, :slap:

then baka pwede rin sa ibang gamit pag cool na ang panahon sa manila :)

EDIT: awinahe, maulan ba dyan ngayon sa palawan, at nakaka pag charge din ba ang solar mo?

Pag malakas ang ulan, syempre ayaw magcharge... but pag kunti lang ulan, it's still charging... slower but charging :thumbsup: And actually these past few rainy days, I used the solar every day with no problem and never discharging my batteries more than 30% (meaning that I still have 70% charge!)

Because of the several typhoons that recently passed, I decided to make a home back up power system to be used during blackouts. My primary need is to run a home network with internet (a laptop, modem, router, a network drive, a printer and 3 led 220vac light bulbs). The total wattage is less than 500 watts.

My current set up:
1000va pure sine wave inverter (not sure if true) from cdr king
Motolite car battery (2smf, brand new) (for testing purpose)

I have already tested this setup continuously for more than than 3 hours and so far so good.

Just recently I bought a SOLAR POWER KIT 150W (4,580.00) from cdr king.
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=18033&main=167

The kit includes:
1. Solar Panel 17V/20W solar panel (opens like a book). Solar panel has cable (5m w/ DC plug)
2. Solar controller/modified sine wave inverter (150w) with built-in sealed acid battery (12AH), 4 outputs 12 VDC DC-jack (150W max) and 1 inverter universal socket. It has also a USB port 5 VDC (500 mA), 10-in-1 mobile charger tips. Has a voltmeter display, DC load indicator, AC load indicator and charging indicator.
3. Accessories. 2 supplied 12VDC 3W E27 LED bulbs. Includes 2 E27 with switch and 4m cable w/ DC plug. Alligator clip and 2 spare fuse.

I am now testing this kit… anybody here already using this solar kit?

Nice! I was curious about this kit sold in cdr king.... tell us if it works :lol: For me, it seems a little expensive because of the low Ah of the battery and the poor inverter, plus the panel is only 20 watts... I think it's better to buy separetly... just my opinion! Do you plan to connect this kit to your 1000 watt inverter?

To know if your inverter is pure sine wave, try to run a fan (big enough), if it runs at its normal speed, your inverter is probably pure sine wave, if it run slow... :slap:

"Nice! I was curious about this kit sold in cdr king.... tell us if it works" -awinahe

pang 2 days (cloudy) ko na sya tsina-charge, pero hindi pa uma-abot sa 14v ang voltmeter display... the manual says that the charging indicator will "flicker" in "float charging state... sabi sa label eh 8hrs hours lang daw ang charging... sir, pwede ko na bang gamitin ang battery maski hindi pa sya umabot sa "float charging state"?

"Do you plan to connect this kit to your 1000 watt inverter?" -awinahe

sir, kaya ba ng 20w panel na mag-charge ng 2smf motolite car battery? the kit has a built-in crocodile clip to connect to another battery... for now i will use this solar kit for "portable" overnight lighting (i will test it tonight) and for emergency charging mobile phones... also looking for a 12v dc electric fan (pero wala stock sa cdr king, saan kaya meron?)

"Nice! I was curious about this kit sold in cdr king.... tell us if it works" -awinahe

pang 2 days (cloudy) ko na sya tsina-charge, pero hindi pa uma-abot sa 14v ang voltmeter display... the manual says that the charging indicator will "flicker" in "float charging state... sabi sa label eh 8hrs hours lang daw ang charging... sir, pwede ko na bang gamitin ang battery maski hindi pa sya umabot sa "float charging state"?

"Do you plan to connect this kit to your 1000 watt inverter?" -awinahe

sir, kaya ba ng 20w panel na mag-charge ng 2smf motolite car battery? the kit has a built-in crocodile clip to connect to another battery... for now i will use this solar kit for "portable" overnight lighting (i will test it tonight) and for emergency charging mobile phones... also looking for a 12v dc electric fan (pero wala stock sa cdr king, saan kaya meron?)

Which battery are you trying to charge? The 12Ah battery from the kit or the car battery? If it's the 12 Ah battery, it should be charged na even with cloudy days.... if it's the car battery it might take time if your battery is totally discharge coz your panel is only 20 watts. Did you orient your solar panel south with an angle of 10 degrees maximum? This is important to benefit from the sun the whole day.
As I re-read your message it seems that you are trying to charge the small battery... if it's not yet charged, maybe it's defective.

Anyway, when using your battery, you don't need to wait the 14 volts except the 1rst time you charge your battery. It's better if you use the first time a fully charged battery. You can use it when on float.

How many Ah is your car battery? maybe around 75? if so, your 20 watts panel will charge it but one more time it depends how deep the battery is discharged... the more discharge, the longer time it takes to recharge. Plus a car battery is not made to be deeply discharged, if so it will not last long... solar deep cycle battery are more expensive but will last 10 years... a car battery will last one year!

One last thing, if you want to charge your batteries, don't put together your small battery and the car battery.... one at a time lang coz they have different Ah, if you charge them together you will destroy the small one! Hope I answered your questions... anything else, don't hesitate :)

"Nice! I was curious about this kit sold in cdr king.... tell us if it works" –awinahe

Result of the lighting test: After using the two 12vdc/3W led light bulb (supplied with the kit) continuously for more than 9 hours, the voltmeter reads 12v (within the green zone) or did not reach the low voltage of 10.5vdc… therefore, the solar kit can be effectively use for lighting overnight.

Thanks for the warning on “charging batteries with different Ah”… I was really thinking of doing it… you have read my mind… also for the tip on “orient your solar panel south with an angle of 10 degrees maximum”…. mostly I read from google is “facing the sun”… so am manually re-orienting it… hehe…. Anyway… am really testing the waters of solar technology… I think the cost of building one is slowly going down because the last time I check, the cost of a surplus 10kva diesel generator is more than 100 plus...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom