Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: You want to make your own home solar? Pasok! Pictures ad

sa Pangasinan ko po nabili battery..

so dun muna Ako sa direct panu po ba o anu po ba mga kaylangan para da direct. example po eh mga wire..

nag search ako sa Google about direct charge. its UK Lang naman Daw na direct. basta mataas ang volts ng panel. example eh yung battery asa 11.00 so dapat nasa 12.00 or 13.00 volts up ang solar panel.... and kaylangan lang talaga na naka monitor ka sa direct charge. para di maovercharge.

so dun muna Ako sa direct panu po ba o anu po ba mga kaylangan para da direct. example po eh mga wire..

nag search ako sa Google about direct charge. its UK Lang naman Daw na direct. basta mataas ang volts ng panel. example eh yung battery asa 11.00 so dapat nasa 12.00 or 13.00 volts up ang solar panel.... and kaylangan lang talaga na naka monitor ka sa direct charge. para di maovercharge.

----------------
ganun nga po, ako direct chraging din ako pero 100ah bat at 100watt panel q, pero ang load q naman malakas din kumain need q malakas q nag magcharge, kaya inaalis q muna ang controller q pra makapagcharge ako ng kahit kunti kahit gamit ko,,

yan lng din turo skin dito ^_^

request mga boss at mam ts,
can u give me current draw ng mga inverters nyo in certain load wattage?
sample, kung 40 watts ang appliance na nakakabit sa inverter nyo, ano ang input current ng inverter?? Thanks! :salute:

------------------------
wala ako experience sa gaito eh,,kya wala ako idea kung paano ba?
e d go ako sa wire positive only :lol:
... actually yung nabili mong "push button switch" ay originally designed for AC wiring (hindi pang-DC) kaya two wire ang connection... HOWEVER, kino-convert lang natin sya para gamitin as a "DC breaker" kaya just like a DC breaker, dapat ay positive wire lang.

------------------------
wala ako experience sa gaito eh,,kya wala ako idea kung paano ba?
e d go ako sa wire positive only :lol:

sa DC, normally nasa positive ang switch, yan n lang din sundin mo.
but in some cases, nasa negative ang breaker/switch.

If you want some advice on how to do the installation, here are some questions you should answer:
How far are the panels from the batteries? this is important to know the size of the wire.
Do you have a dc breaker or a fuse to put between your inverter and the battery? This is important to avoid to burn everything!
Are your panels grounded with copper wire? this is important to avoid lightnings!
Are the panels oriented south with a 10 degrees angle? this is important to receive the maximum of sunlight!

sample, kung 40 watts ang appliance na nakakabit sa inverter nyo, ano ang input current ng inverter?? Thanks! :salute:.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I fully understand your question (again :lol:)

An inverter does not produce electricity, it just transforms DC current to AC current. the 12 volts coming in from the battery are transformed into 220 volt AC. So when you plug any AC appliance to your inverter, the current will be 220 volt.

Now about the wattage... if you plug a 40 watt appliance, the inverter will deliver 40 watts in 220 volts!

There are different sizes of inverter because it depends on how many watts is the total wattage of your appliances. For example if you have 1 appliance 40 watts + another one 100 watts it is a total of 140 watts, so your inverter should be, in theory, 140 watts. In fact, the inverter wattage should always be higher than the total wattage of the appliances... it can be up to 3 times the total wattage of the appliances if some appliances or tools, such as ones with a motor, require an initial surge of power to start up (for example a 100 watt ref, will require up to 1000 watts to start). Once started, the tool or appliance requires less power to continue to operate.
I don't know if I answered your question, sorry if I didn't :slap:

Last edited:

sample, kung 40 watts ang appliance na nakakabit sa inverter nyo, ano ang input current ng inverter?? Thanks! :salute:
yung inverter na nabili ko sa cdr king ay ganito ang nakalagay sa specs...
capacity: 1000VA
Input Range: 135-280Vac
Power Factor: 0.7-0.8
Max charging current: 10-35A
Circuit breaker: 10-25A (depending on the capacity)

... or ito ba ang question mo?

Amperes = Watts/220Vac... example... 40W/220Vac = 0.181A

... actually yung nabili mong "push button switch" ay originally designed for AC wiring (hindi pang-DC) kaya two wire ang connection... HOWEVER, kino-convert lang natin sya para gamitin as a "DC breaker" kaya just like a DC breaker, dapat ay positive wire lang.

------------------
safe n sya para hindi bumalik ung charge sa battery to panel?:happy:

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I fully understand your question (again :lol:)

An inverter does not produce electricity, it just transforms DC current to AC current. the 12 volts coming in from the battery are transformed into 220 volt AC. So when you plug any AC appliance to your inverter, the current will be 220 volt.

Now about the wattage... if you plug a 40 watt appliance, the inverter will deliver 40 watts in 220 volts!

There are different sizes of inverter because it depends on how many watts is the total wattage of your appliances. For example if you have 1 appliance 40 watts + another one 100 watts it is a total of 140 watts, so your inverter should be, in theory, 140 watts. In fact, the inverter wattage should always be higher than the total wattage of the appliances... it can be up to 3 times the total wattage of the appliances if some appliances or tools, such as ones with a motor, require an initial surge of power to start up (for example a 100 watt ref, will require up to 1000 watts to start). Once started, the tool or appliance requires less power to continue to operate.
I don't know if I answered your question, sorry if I didn't :slap:

yung inverter na nabili ko sa cdr king ay ganito ang nakalagay sa specs...
capacity: 1000VA
Input Range: 135-280Vac
Power Factor: 0.7-0.8
Max charging current: 10-35A
Circuit breaker: 10-25A (depending on the capacity)

... or ito ba ang question mo?

Amperes = Watts/220Vac... example... 40W/220Vac = 0.181A

yes the inverter does not produce electricity :)

sorry if i got u confused guys, but i'm asking the actuals.
i dont have an inverter so i can't test it myself.
still in my planning stage (dahil meron pang bonggang gastusin na kelangan lampasan, hehe)

back to my question.
inverter current draw changes as the load wattage changes.
sample, if ur load is a 40-watt LED TV, input current to the inverter would be, lets say, 12 amps. but if u add or replace the load with 2x wattage, inverter current draw (from supply) could be 24 amps.
but these are only examples, and i'm interested with the actuals :)

hmmm. I see POWER FACTOR in tristan's specs. i believe that would me give an idea.
but ur actual measurement would be very very helpful.
iba pa rin syempre ang experience-based kesa theory.

thanks guys. alive na alive ang thread. keep it up :salute:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PS. seems like not easy to test. kelangan ata ng DC clamp-on ammeter.
kung in-line VOM, kelangan putulin ang line at kelangan ng mataas na ammeter :slap:

Power Factor na lang siguro (kung tama nga iniisip ko) hehe

Last edited:

yes the inverter does not produce electricity :)

sorry if i got u confused guys, but i'm asking the actuals.
i dont have an inverter so i can't test it myself.
still in my planning stage (dahil meron pang bonggang gastusin na kelangan lampasan, hehe)

back to my question.
inverter current draw changes as the load wattage changes.
sample, if ur load is a 40-watt LED TV, input current to the inverter would be, lets say, 12 amps. but if u add or replace the load with 2x wattage, inverter current draw (from supply) could be 24 amps.
but these are only examples, and i'm interested with the actuals :)

hmmm. I see POWER FACTOR in tristan's specs. i believe that would me give an idea.
but ur actual measurement would be very very helpful.
iba pa rin syempre ang experience-based kesa theory.

thanks guys. alive na alive ang thread. keep it up :salute:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PS. seems like not easy to test. kelangan ata ng DC clamp-on ammeter.
kung in-line VOM, kelangan putulin ang line at kelangan ng mataas na ammeter :slap:

Power Factor na lang siguro (kung tama nga iniisip ko) hehe

Actually you want to know how many amperes are drawn from the bat thru the inverter... which I cannot answer because I don't know the exact total wattage of the appliances I use! If I have a "kill-a-watt" I could... I can just give you an approximation: at night, if I use more or less 500 watts with pure sine wave inverter 1000 watts (power factor 0.9-1) I will draw about 75 amp from my battery bank... Sorry cannot be more precise!!

Actually you want to know how many amperes are drawn from the bat thru the inverter... which I cannot answer because I don't know the exact total wattage of the appliances I use! If I have a "kill-a-watt" I could... I can just give you an approximation: at night, if I use more or less 500 watts with pure sine wave inverter 1000 watts (power factor 0.9-1) I will draw about 75 amp from my battery bank... Sorry cannot be more precise!!

thanks alot TS :) ur approx. is noted
ngapla, magkano po bili mo sa pure sine wave inverter mo and san mo nabili?

^ ^ sir wazzink and ma'am TS...

Mini Digital Power Reader... is the local version of "kill-a-watt"... it is available in outlets selling Omni brand.

already posted here: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1035780&page=67

hehe... I remember well... but no budget for now to buy one :lol:

thanks alot TS :) ur approx. is noted
ngapla, magkano po bili mo sa pure sine wave inverter mo and san mo nabili?

I bought mine online but it is an inverter/charger which is a lot more expensive than a regular inverter!
http://fortunedaletrade.webs.com/inverter-charger-avr

^ ^ sir wazzink and ma'am TS...

Mini Digital Power Reader... is the local version of "kill-a-watt"... it is available in outlets selling Omni brand.

already posted here: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1035780&page=67

thanks sir :salute:

hehe... I remember well... but no budget for now to buy one :lol:

I bought mine online but it is an inverter/charger which is a lot more expensive than a regular inverter!
http://fortunedaletrade.webs.com/inverter-charger-avr

aww. blocked d2 sa office yung site :( check ko paguwe ko.
thanks TS!

thanks sir :salute:

aww. blocked d2 sa office yung site :( check ko paguwe ko.
thanks TS!
When I bought it (early 2012) I did not have choice because there was nothing here in Palawan, regarding solar equipment... that's why I bought online... but now things improved and we can find pure sine wave inverter almost everywhere... they sell some at Handyman.... depends where you live...

When I bought it (early 2012) I did not have choice because there was nothing here in Palawan, regarding solar equipment... that's why I bought online... but now things improved and we can find pure sine wave inverter almost everywhere... they sell some at Handyman.... depends where you live...

taga Palawan ka pla mam :) dami nyo magandang summer getaway jan.
last summer nag puerto princesa ako, i'll try coron nextym.

regarding components para sa solar power, good thing tlga na mas madami na mabibilhan ngaun, at meron ding thread gaya nito para makunan ng more info. mejo navivisualize ko ang future ng electrical grid d2 sa pinas, mejo horror. hehe.
kelangan na din ng elec.power independence :D taralets solar!!!

but what is the price of an identical set in manila? I just know the price of the components but I guess it is a lot more expensive when it is a set like this one... I saw one here, just 30 watt panel with a all-in-one bat 50 Ah and inverter 300 watts (don't know if it was pure sine wave, don't think so!) 1 week warranty 30 k, promo pa daw! So, the one in China is a lot cheaper...but of course DIY is always cheaper...
... i think an "identical set" is not available in manila... and your comment that "the one in China is a lot cheaper" brings us to my next issue... pansin ko din na sa china pala... itong ginagawa nating DIY project is already being manufactured by FACTORIES as compared sa pinas ay ganito ang makikita mo...

"I saw one here, just 30 watt panel with a all-in-one bat 50 Ah and inverter 300 watts (don't know if it was pure sine wave, don't think so!) 1 week warranty 30 k, promo pa daw!"

... malaking kaibahan di ba?... sa china kita agad nila na ito ay isang magandang business... samantalang sa pinas, KITA AGAD ang nasa isip.

hayz, mabuti na lang marunong tayong mag-DIY... eh paano yung iba na hindi?

Last edited:

sir problema sa switch

pag install q ng switch,nawawala ang power? from panel?:weep:

sir problema sa switch

pag install q ng switch,nawawala ang power? from panel?:weep:

anong klaseng switch yan sir?
san nkpwesto yan? between panel and contoller/batt?

Back
Top Bottom