Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

just to break the silence......:excited:
lately walang mga posts kasi nga naman trouble at maintenance free ang solar power!!!!!:thumbsup:
Blessed Sunday po to everyone........

HeHe... Many thanks Bong! You are right, very quiet these past days but as long as our solar works, no problem...!
A very sunny Sunday to you and everybody else :clap: :salute:

Last edited:
I received my electric bill yesterday and to my surprise my bill is only at 491 pesos!:dance: Those solar dc fans I used proved to be very much helpful in bringing my bill down to 60%! Previous bill during the last months ranges from 1200-1300 pesos. Wow! thats already a very big savings plus the enjoyment of having an UNINTERRUPTED POWER! :excited::dance::yipee::clap:

I received my electric bill yesterday and to my surprise my bill is only at 491 pesos!:dance: Those solar dc fans I used proved to be very much helpful in bringing my bill down to 60%! Previous bill during the last months ranges from 1200-1300 pesos. Wow! thats already a very big savings plus the enjoyment of having an UNINTERRUPTED POWER! :excited::dance::yipee::clap:

I imagine that was a very nice surprise!! Great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
With your savings you can buy more solar items or components :rofl:

Last edited:
Dadaan ba bagyong Glenda sa area ninyo ?

Dadaan daw dito sa Metro Manila.....
nag-iisip ako kung kailangang tanggalin sa solar railing ang solar panels ?
Or kaya na kaya ng solar railings ?

Dadaan ba bagyong Glenda sa area ninyo ?

Dadaan daw dito sa Metro Manila.....
nag-iisip ako kung kailangang tanggalin sa solar railing ang solar panels ?
Or kaya na kaya ng solar railings ?
If they are properly put, no problem... We experience since yesterday night strong winds here and non-stop rain... I guess I will not charge my bat today !!

In my area Cordillera Administrative Region no rains at all but moderate winds and very cloudy. Its a nice condition to observe how the Lumiax MPPT charge controller performs as of now 10:41 am batteries are at 12.63 volts. so I guess it really is working. As of my previous PWM controller should have been only at 12.10 volts. With these I tried to not flick the switch (panels-batteries). And I think with MPPT I no longer will be needing the switch batteries are fully charged at 10:30 am in a sunny day. Compared to a my previous PWM controller batteries will only be charged at 3:00 (D.O.D. at 25%) without the help of a switch but w/ the switch flicked on be charged at 12:00 high noon. to those looking for MPPT controllers I think the lumiax is the best there is for the price it offers other cheap mppt controllers advertised in the net are fakes.(i think) I read somewhere that a MPPT should have a large enough inductor coil proportional to its ampere rating. so with that I opened my lumiax mppt just to see if its there. hope I helped anybody looking for a quality controller. and their site also welcomes inquiries and representatives are there to reply within 5-10mins.

Last edited:
Kagabi hindi na ko gumamit ng battery para kinabukasan may charge pa, nawalan ng kuryente mga 8am ngayon... 0.1amp lang nakukuha ko ngayon using lumiax pwm hehe..., meron na pla sila brightpower mppt?
Ok lang ba kayong lahat? Yung panels ko tinangal ko sa bubong kasi naka patong lang sya! ang lakas ng hangin kanina buti tingangal ko na kagabi...

Last edited:
In my area Cordillera Administrative Region no rains at all but moderate winds and very cloudy. Its a nice condition to observe how the Lumiax MPPT charge controller performs as of now 10:41 am batteries are at 12.63 volts. so I guess it really is working. As of my previous PWM controller should have been only at 12.10 volts. With these I tried to not flick the switch (panels-batteries). And I think with MPPT I no longer will be needing the switch batteries are fully charged at 10:30 am in a sunny day. Compared to a my previous PWM controller batteries will only be charged at 3:00 (D.O.D. at 25%) without the help of a switch but w/ the switch flicked on be charged at 12:00 high noon. to those looking for MPPT controllers I think the lumiax is the best there is for the price it offers other cheap mppt controllers advertised in the net are fakes.(i think) I read somewhere that a MPPT should have a large enough inductor coil proportional to its ampere rating. so with that I opened my lumiax mppt just to see if its there. hope I helped anybody looking for a quality controller. and their site also welcomes inquiries and representatives are there to reply within 5-10mins.

Thanks for this good info... could you please post the link where you bought your controller? (for the ones too lazy to read back :lol:)

Kagabi hindi na ko gumamit ng battery para kinabukasan may charge pa, nawalan ng kuryente mga 8am ngayon... 0.1amp lang nakukuha ko ngayon using lumiax pwm hehe..., meron na pla sila brightpower mppt?
Ok lang ba kayong lahat? Yung panels ko tinangal ko sa bubong kasi naka patong lang sya! ang lakas ng hangin kanina buti tingangal ko na kagabi...

You put back your panels na? You should install them properly to avoid the hassle to remove them always, especially now with the typhoons season!
I was able to totally charge my bat kahapon despite the bad weather :yipee:

Thank you...!

Ts may tanong lang ako, diba square wave ang output 220v. ng inverter magagamit din kaya natin ito ng maayos sa mga electronic gadgets? like desktop computer TV etc.

But sa mga ilaw bintelador at sa mga non electronics appliances sure working siya!

meron na po bang mabibiling full wave "sine wave" na 220v. output like 220v na gamit natin ngayon dito sa pinas?

or any explanation to help me fully understand...

Ts salamat magandang gamitin po sa ngayon ang solar sa mahal ng kuryente!

Ts may tanong lang ako, diba square wave ang output 220v. ng inverter magagamit din kaya natin ito ng maayos sa mga electronic gadgets? like desktop computer TV etc.

But sa mga ilaw bintelador at sa mga non electronics appliances sure working siya!

meron na po bang mabibiling full wave "sine wave" na 220v. output like 220v na gamit natin ngayon dito sa pinas?

I don't know if square wave inverters still exist... the ones used by some are modified wave inverters which can power some appliances with electronics like a laptop or computer.... but some appliances will not work with modified wave inverters (some laptops or led tv don't like it even if other will work :noidea:) big electric fans will have a hard time to work with modified wave. So, although it is possible to use a modified wave inverter for most of appliances, the best is the pure sine wave inverter. With a pure sine wave you will not have any problem... any kind of appliance can run safely, from a ref to a led tv or a fan. The only problem with pure sine wave inverter is the price! It's a lot more expensive than modified wave inverter... you can find pure sine wave online or in solar shop...
Depends on what you want to power, you can choose a cheaper modified wave to start and try if your appliance will work on modified wave. There are very cheap modified wave inverters in CdrKing.

Output of inverter (modified wave or pure sine wave) is 220 volts... input is either 12, 24 or 48 volts...

here is a wiki link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_inverter

here is a video taken from youtube (but I think you can find others)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I did not properly answer your question kanina... :rofl:
Just to clarify, the role of an inverter is to transform the 12 volt dc of a battery in 220 volt ac use by an appliance... so, yes all the inverters, here, have an output in 220 volt

Last edited:
Re: How to make your own home solar. With Pictures solar b

noob question lang po...
kaya po bang i-full charge ng 2O watts na solar panel ang 12v 2SMf na automotive battery? balak ko kasi mag umpisa mag set up ng kahit pang ilaw (led light), pang charge ng mga gadgets at automotive fan man lang. May nakita kasi akong used solar controller kanina sa cdr worth Php750. ito po ang specs ng solar control charger
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=17854&main=1

edit: pwede po ba ang kahit car battery lang pansamatagal lang? hihi

Last edited:

noob question lang po...
kaya po bang i-full charge ng 2O watts na solar panel ang 12v 2SMf na automotive battery? balak ko kasi mag umpisa mag set up ng kahit pang ilaw (led light), pang charge ng mga gadgets at automotive fan man lang. May nakita kasi akong used solar controller kanina sa cdr worth Php750. ito po ang specs ng solar control charger
http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=17854&main=1

edit: pwede po ba ang kahit car battery lang pansamatagal lang? hihi

With a 20 watt solar panel, if you use a controller, you will not be able to charge your battery... you can charge directly your bat without controller but you need to monitor it with a digital multimeter (meron sa cdrking): your bat should never go over 15 volts. Plus without controller you must unplug your bat at night to avoid the electricity to go back to the panel.
With a car battery you must try to not discharge it too much (the voltage should not go under 12.5) so your bat may last longer.
If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask :salute:

Hi may question lang ako, masama ba itong setup na ito?

Battery>inverter>220v battery charger>then back to the battery? Parang cycle pero meron pang 2 outlets for use with appliances.

salamat dito ts, pa subscribe na din para kapag nagka pera eh makapagbuo din nito, mga magkano po ba ang budget dito? tnx po :D

Sir pa ask naman if what need kong setup

LED TV 32"
All my lights was LED na po
2 Electric fan (if super hot) if not meron akong yung ceiling fan na maliliit na gawang china yung mahina lang sa kuryente
2 laptop
Cignal module for cable
Induction Cooker and Rice cooker (pwedeng isa lang sa dalwa)
Smart bro canopy

sir optional naman po na medyo light sa budget... pa note narin po kung ano ano ang pwede ko sabay na gamitin :)

Interested po ako mag setup ng starter tapos yung pwede ma upgrade kapag may extra busget na po

Thanks po TS

Hi may question lang ako, masama ba itong setup na ito?

Battery>inverter>220v battery charger>then back to the battery? Parang cycle pero meron pang 2 outlets for use with appliances.

Yup... masama :lol: You will not gain anything but I'm sure you will loose lots of amps... It seems weird... better add 2 outlets nalang after the inverter!

salamat dito ts, pa subscribe na din para kapag nagka pera eh makapagbuo din nito, mga magkano po ba ang budget dito? tnx po :D
Well it depends on what you want to power... let's say from 5k for a small setup to 35k for something interesting na... !!!

Sir pa ask naman if what need kong setup

LED TV 32"
All my lights was LED na po
2 Electric fan (if super hot) if not meron akong yung ceiling fan na maliliit na gawang china yung mahina lang sa kuryente
2 laptop
Cignal module for cable
Induction Cooker and Rice cooker (pwedeng isa lang sa dalwa)
Smart bro canopy

sir optional naman po na medyo light sa budget... pa note narin po kung ano ano ang pwede ko sabay na gamitin :)

Interested po ako mag setup ng starter tapos yung pwede ma upgrade kapag may extra busget na po

Thanks po TS

First of all, forget about your induction cooker... it's a big energy eater... just for this one alone, it will cost a lot! The rice cooker is also energy eater... I gave up rice cookers many years ago na and instead I use a pressure cooker which cook rice perfectly in only 5 minutes!
For the rest of your appliances you should tell us how many hours you want to use each appliance per day... and your fans, how many watts? how many lights for how many watts and how many hours use per day? same for laptops, tv...
So give more details please and I will try to give you an estimation!...

I use a pressure cooker which cook rice perfectly in only 5 minutes!
ha ha ha interesting madame baka pwede i-share technic.....pagkakulo patayin na ba agad? gaano kadami ng tubig? :wow:

Last edited:

With a 20 watt solar panel, if you use a controller, you will not be able to charge your battery... you can charge directly your bat without controller but you need to monitor it with a digital multimeter (meron sa cdrking): your bat should never go over 15 volts. Plus without controller you must unplug your bat at night to avoid the electricity to go back to the panel.
With a car battery you must try to not discharge it too much (the voltage should not go under 12.5) so your bat may last longer.
If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask :salute:

salamat maam TS..
Bali ganito ma lang siguro magiging chipipay set up ko...
1. 20 or 30 watt solar panel (cdr king) BAKA gagawin 20 or 30 bago mag December hihi
2. 50 amperes deep cycle battery muna(cdr king) BAKA gawin ko rin 2 x 50 amperes bago mag december hihi..
3. 300 or 500 watts inveter

ayon sa pagkakaintindi ko sa mga nababasa ko dito. mas mabilis mag charge kapag walang charge controller.. may tao naman po na pwede na mag monitor ng charging. bibilhan ko na lang ng digital meter.

Dalawang CDR KING outlets ang pinuntahan ko kanina. solar panel lang ang available nila.. try ko rin puntahan bukas ang 2 pang branch na malapit lapit dito sa lugar ko sa cabuyao, laguna

Last edited:

ha ha ha interesting madame baka pwede i-share technic.....pagkakulo patayin na ba agad? gaano kadami ng tubig? :wow:

:band:Now we make a break for the good recipes of Tita Awinahe :rofl:

So it's so easy and tipid na tipid sa gasul coz it cooks only for a maximum of 5 minutes! But you may have to adjust the time (from 3 to 5 minutes) because the quality of the rice is important also. A jasmin rice will cook faster than a regular rice.
you need 1 cup and 1/2 of water for 1 cup of rice.... so for example 3 cups of rice need 4 and 1/2 cups of water!
1. Wash the rice
2. put it in the pressure cooker and add the quantity of water
3. close the pressure cooker and put on the fire until the pressure cooker starts "singing" :lol:
4. lower the fire to the maximum and let cook for 5 minutes
5. after 5 minutes, stop the fire but don't open the pressure cooker... leave it closed for 10 minutes (not more or the rice will be overcooked)
6, Enjoy!

I have another trick with pressure cooker... As I love to cook and to bake, I was used to consume a lot of gasul with my oven until I decided to try to bake in a pressure cooker! And to my surprise it works perfectly... I can make cakes and breads or even roasted meat using only a fraction of gasul compare to what I used before... If you are interested I will tell you how to do!

salamat maam TS..
Bali ganito ma lang siguro magiging chipipay set up ko...
1. 20 or 30 watt solar panel (cdr king) BAKA gagawin 20 or 30 bago mag December hihi
2. 50 amperes deep cycle battery muna(cdr king) BAKA gawin ko rin 2 x 50 amperes bago mag december hihi..
3. 300 or 500 watts inveter

ayon sa pagkakaintindi ko sa mga nababasa ko dito. mas mabilis mag charge kapag walang charge controller.. may tao naman po na pwede na mag monitor ng charging. bibilhan ko na lang ng digital meter.

Dalawang CDR KING outlets ang pinuntahan ko kanina. solar panel lang ang available nila.. try ko rin puntahan bukas ang 2 pang branch na malapit lapit dito sa lugar ko sa cabuyao, laguna

You can use your panel without controller if the total wattage of your panels is not superior to the total amperes/hour of your bat. So, in your case even if you have 30 watt panel, it still can charge 100 ah bat...
Welcome to the solar club! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom