Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: How to make your own home solar. With Pictures solar book

Good Day po!
inquire lang sana ako regarding sa setup ko

1x250 watts monocrystalline solar panel 36volts
1x10a solar charge controller
1x120ah solarmaster battery
1x 500 watts inverter

enough na ba yun 10a solar charge controller ko to charge my 120ah solarmaster battery??? if not baka pwede po palink naman ng magandang solar charge controller para sa setup ko. btw baka pala next month bumili ulit ako ng another 250watts solar panel so magiging 500 watts na po sya.. natatakot ako idirect yun solar panel ko sa battery ko kasi 36volts yun output ng panel ko baka sumabog yun battery ko sayang naman.

Good Day po!

1x 500 watts inverter

enough na ba yun 10a solar charge controller ko to charge my 120ah solarmaster battery??? if not baka pwede po palink naman ng magandang solar charge controller para sa setup ko. btw baka pala next month bumili ulit ako ng another 250watts solar panel so magiging 500 watts na po sya.. natatakot ako idirect yun solar panel ko sa battery ko kasi 36volts yun output ng panel ko baka sumabog yun battery ko sayang naman.

good aftie. kung 36 volts ang panels mo ay ibig sabihin po nun ay pang 24 volt system yang panels mo. sa pagkaka-alam ko mahihirapan kang maghanap ng mga dc appliances na 24 volts.:( if 24v nga sya dalawang 12v batteries din ang kailangan mo na connected in series to achive also a 24v battery bank. in theory (ohm's law) your panels generate about 6.94 amperes so yuor solar charge controller is ok for it is rated at 10amps. most available charge controllers are now dual voltage they can also handle 24v. but you lack another battery inorder to wire it for 24v.
one more thing your power inverter must also be in 24v input. (which i think is hard to find one here maybe abroad)

best solution is to try to convince the store where you bought those panels and change them to 12v system(Vp should be at 17-18v)

Last edited:

guys anu to para may free electricity??

Hellow mam Awinahe

yes batteries is still good.

mali po pala, 7KVA po pala ung UPS http://www.upspower.com.br/pulsarexrt.asp

ito po ang battery Ratings:

12v
36w
15mins
(Amp not specified, maybe this is 3 amp)

pag mag blackout sa office tumatagal sya ng 144 mins with 4pcs 500w desktop with 4 LED monitor + 1 iMAC with 90-93w.

sayang po kasi ang mga Batt's sana pwede ko pa itong mapakinabangan, malaki rin siguro matitipid ko dito..

Appliances:

*38w 24" LCD TV
*20w Satellite TV receiver Box
*24w Media Player (pero hindi nmn sila sabay ginagamit ng Sat Receiver)
*4 LED
*in the future cguro 1pc 12v na fan
*at baka mg add pa ako ng Appplicances in the future..

I have a problem to rate your batteries... according to the spec of the ups, it seems that there is inside 3 batteries, so I guess your boss added external batteries to achieve 144 minutes running time for about 2500 watts... which is 208 amp in 12 volts, so the total amp of the batteries should be about 400 amperes...
(I'm not 100% sure of my computation, maybe someone here could help us :lol:)
If so, you will need at least 500 watt solar panels + 30 to 40 amperes MPPT controller to charge them
For the inverter you will need a 500 watt pure sine wave inverter (or 1000 watts if you plan to add appliances)

BM muna.. salamat
:welcome:
guys anu to para may free electricity??
Nothing is free... you must buy all the components so...
Good Day po!

1x 500 watts inverter

I answered your private message put your box is full, so here is my answer:

10 ampere charge controller is too small for 250 watt panels... you need a 20 ampere! what kind of controller is it? You don't need to buy another 250 watt panels if you have only 120 Ah battery, what you need is a MPPT 20 amperes charge controller. If you have a PWM controller, if it is cloudy it will not charge properly but with an MPPT controller it will charge even cloudy! MPPT controller are more expensive but it's better than to buy another 250 watt solar panel... If later on you want to add battery and panel, you should buy right away a 30 or 40 amperes MPPT controller...

I bought 10a solar charge controller 40v max input. Output is 12/24volts po kaya siguro ok naman na kahit isang battery lang

@ahmish

I think you'll damage your batteries if your panels volt max is 36 volts and your batteries are 12volts better consult someone to check your panels voltage before connecting. a 120Ah battery is worth a lot of money and you don't want it to be busted. even if you use a controller the controller will sense that the panels is for 24v so the controller will still output 24v and not 12v.

I have a problem to rate your batteries... according to the spec of the ups, it seems that there is inside 3 batteries, so I guess your boss added external batteries to achieve 144 minutes running time for about 2500 watts... which is 208 amp in 12 volts, so the total amp of the batteries should be about 400 amperes...
(I'm not 100% sure of my computation, maybe someone here could help us )
If so, you will need at least 500 watt solar panels + 30 to 40 amperes MPPT controller to charge them
For the inverter you will need a 500 watt pure sine wave inverter (or 1000 watts if you plan to add appliances)

No, wala po syang External...by the way here is the exact battery type & Model.
base on the website the ratings is
12v
36w
8ah
15mins

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=HR9-12-T2&vendor=522

Thanks for answ my Q.

thanks sa info...very usefull
@ahmish

I think you'll damage your batteries if your panels volt max is 36 volts and your batteries are 12volts better consult someone to check your panels voltage before connecting. a 120Ah battery is worth a lot of money and you don't want it to be busted. even if you use a controller the controller will sense that the panels is for 24v so the controller will still output 24v and not 12v.
tama!

I bought 10a solar charge controller 40v max input. Output is 12/24volts po kaya siguro ok naman na kahit isang battery lang
What is important when you choose a charge controller is not the battery, it is the wattage and amperage of the solar panel... you can have a 10 amp controller with 800 Ah battery bank as long as the panels are not more than 10 amperes... but with 250 watt panels you need at least a 20 ampere controller...

No, wala po syang External...by the way here is the exact battery type & Model.
base on the website the ratings is
12v
36w
8ah
15mins

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=HR9-12-T2&vendor=522

Thanks for answ my Q.

So. if you have 20 pc of 12 volt batteries rated at 8 Ah, it means that you have the equivalent of 160 Ah battery. Meaning that when your boss was able to run his computer for 144 minutes, the batteries were always totally drained... which is not good as it will shorten a lot their lifespan!
Anyway, in this case, you will need to wire all your batteries in parallel to get a 12 volt 160 Ah battery bank. Then, either you buy only a 50 watt solar (no controller, meaning that someone has to be home always to check time to time that the batteries don't overcharge using a digital multimeter) and a 500 watt to 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter
OR
you buy 200 or 250 watt solar panel, in case no one is at home to monitor the battery + a charge controller 20 amperes (preferably a MPPT controller) and a 500 to 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter.
Always keep in mind that the batteries should not be discharged more than 50% meaning that you can use only 80 amperes out of the 160 Ah of your bat...

@ sir vanrion
baka po pwede post ka na lang ng picture ng batts para magkaruon kami idea gaanu kalaki yang mga batts at kung maari paclose up sa markings nya ng makita din po natin mga info dun.

Hi Sir, here's some photo's of batt's

View attachment 178993
View attachment 178994

Size:
6.00" L x 2.62" W x 3.76" H

So. if you have 20 pc of 12 volt batteries rated at 8 Ah, it means that you have the equivalent of 160 Ah battery. Meaning that when your boss was able to run his computer for 144 minutes, the batteries were always totally drained... which is not good as it will shorten a lot their lifespan!
Anyway, in this case, you will need to wire all your batteries in parallel to get a 12 volt 160 Ah battery bank. Then, either you buy only a 50 watt solar (no controller, meaning that someone has to be home always to check time to time that the batteries don't overcharge using a digital multimeter) and a 500 watt to 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter
OR
you buy 200 or 250 watt solar panel, in case no one is at home to monitor the battery + a charge controller 20 amperes (preferably a MPPT controller) and a 500 to 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter.
Always keep in mind that the batteries should not be discharged more than 50% meaning that you can use only 80 amperes out of the 160 Ah of your bat...

Maraming salamat po...sana maka pg set-up ako ng mas maaga....san po ba pwede mka bili ng MPPT na Inverter & Charge Controller?..my trusted seller po ba kayo?..cguro ung panels sa CDR-king ko nlng kunin since base sa experience nyo ay ok nmn ang quality dahil medyo limited lang nmn din ang Budget ko, medyo mahirap pero pa unti-unti makakabuo rin ako ng small set-up.....

Thanks sa lahat ng tumulong...More Power po at Go Green!.

Attachments

• IMG-20140730-00158.jpg
    IMG-20140730-00158.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20140730-00162.jpg
    IMG-20140730-00162.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 6
my solar charge controller can detect output for 12v or 24v. depending on my battery.

my solar charge controller can detect output for 12v or 24v. depending on my battery.

yes, they usually do that... but what I meant was to decide what should be the amperage of your charger you have to take in account the spec of the solar panel... you cannot decide how many amperes should be your controller just on the fact that it can recognize a 12 volt from a 24 volt bat... it's 2 different things.
If you have a 10 amp controller and 15 or 20 amperes are produced by the solar panel, your controller will burn and your bat might be damaged as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sir, here's some photo's of batt's

View attachment 947261
View attachment 947262

Size:
6.00" L x 2.62" W x 3.76" H

Maraming salamat po...sana maka pg set-up ako ng mas maaga....san po ba pwede mka bili ng MPPT na Inverter & Charge Controller?..my trusted seller po ba kayo?..cguro ung panels sa CDR-king ko nlng kunin since base sa experience nyo ay ok nmn ang quality dahil medyo limited lang nmn din ang Budget ko, medyo mahirap pero pa unti-unti makakabuo rin ako ng small set-up.....

Thanks sa lahat ng tumulong...More Power po at Go Green!.

For the controller I just quote Si Bongalzate who said on a previous post:
Lumiax is a brand of a solar charge controller. There are two types of controllers PWM and MPPT they both have their own advantages over the other. I am giving you 1 each of those advantages and disadvantages. Price is one MPPT is more costly than the PWM controller. Second MPPT does the job better in charging the batts even under rainy/cloudy weather it has a dc converter inside which ensures that you get most of the wattage your panels generate. I bought mine at OLX seller is Lyka Dizon BrightPower Corp. Beware though that there are a lot of controllers advertized telling that it is an MPPT but it truly is not. To avoid this is to search Mr. Google look for the company that made it, read specs about the product and most of all compare the price MPPT is more valued than the PWM. Hope I have helped There are lots of MPPT controllers better than the Lumiax brand but this is the one I can afford mine is a 20 amp I bought it for 4900 pesos there is also a 15 amps priced at 4200 pesos. I once inquired thru the lumiax website you can buy directly from them and pay thru paypal 20 amps will only cost you about 3800 including shipping but I don't have a paypal so just bought one at OLX.

For the inverter, you should search online if you are not in Manila or if can go to Raon, it's maybe a good place to canvass!
Don't forget that you will need also circuit breaker DC or fuse in 12 volts and electric wire #10 or #8

ts kung skaling gamit ko is isang computer desktop 2 electricfan at isang TV mga mag kano po budget na kailangan ko at anu anu mga kailangan ko bilhin

@ahmish
sorry but I think you are not getting the point
1. you said your panels are rated with a volt max of 36 volts
possibilities: your panel is a 24v system
2. ohm's law states that 250watts/36volts=6.94amperes
possibilities: your charge controller is good to go IF you use a 24v system
3. ohm's law states that 250watts/18volts(volt max of a 12v system)=13.88amperes
possibilities: your charge controller will burn if you use a 12v system
4. you have a 120Ah 12volt battery
possibilities: you will damage your batts because you have a 24v system panel even if you have a CONTROLLER capable of handling 12/24v system still the controller will output 24v NOT 12v
5. Number 3 is very IMPOSSIBLE for your set-up because your panel is a 24v system
6. I think the easiest way around this is to have your panels replaced with a 12v system.
possibilities: you save money in purchasing another 12v battery for wiring a 24v system and 12v appliances are more common/easier to find than 24v this also applies to power inverters
7. I am not sure with this:rofl: and I am open for corrections nobody is perfect anyway. or maybe madame awinahe just got a perfect answer for this one.........
possibilities: let's GO GREEN:excited:

ts kung electric fan na 64 watts lang gagamitin ko tuwing gabi 8hrs pwede na po ba setup na ito

- 1 solar panels 50 watts
- cdrking 100watts inverter- tried ko na po ito while running ang honda wave ko. using my 5ah 12v battery motolite sa 64 watts na electric fan.
- 1 battery (deep cycle) 120 Ah

gusto ko kasi sana ito para kahit isang battery (deep cycle) 120 Ah 8 hours ko magamit ang electric fan namin pag brown out.

- - - Updated - - -

ts kung electric fan na 64 watts lang gagamitin ko tuwing gabi 8hrs pwede na po ba setup na ito

- cdrking 100watts inverter- tried ko na po ito while running ang honda wave ko. using my 5ah 12v battery motolite sa 64 watts na electric fan.

gusto ko kasi sana ito para kahit isang battery (deep cycle) 120 Ah 8 hours ko magamit ang electric fan namin pag brown out.

hehe. i get the point. so should i change my solar controller? or preferrable talaga additional 120ah battery and inverter with 24v

hehe. i get the point. so should i change my solar controller? or preferrable talaga additional 120ah battery and inverter with 24v

main problem here is your solar panels

6. I think the easiest way around this is to have your panels replaced with a 12v system.
possibilities: you save money in purchasing another 12v battery for wiring a 24v system and 12v appliances are more common/easier to find than 24v this also applies to power inverters

but if you still pursue in using a 24v system well of course you need a second battery wired in series to achieve a 24v battery bank and later on if you want to expand you always will buy batteries by twos because there is no available single battery already in 24v. and don't know why you prefer using 24v system when the fact is it is much more expensive than by using a 12v system.

Last edited:
ts kung skaling gamit ko is isang computer desktop 2 electricfan at isang TV mga mag kano po budget na kailangan ko at anu anu mga kailangan ko bilhin

It depends on how many hours per day you want to use them and how many watts is each appliance... more details please!

@ahmish
sorry but I think you are not getting the point
1. you said your panels are rated with a volt max of 36 volts
possibilities: your panel is a 24v system
2. ohm's law states that 250watts/36volts=6.94amperes
possibilities: your charge controller is good to go IF you use a 24v system
3. ohm's law states that 250watts/18volts(volt max of a 12v system)=13.88amperes
possibilities: your charge controller will burn if you use a 12v system
4. you have a 120Ah 12volt battery
possibilities: you will damage your batts because you have a 24v system panel even if you have a CONTROLLER capable of handling 12/24v system still the controller will output 24v NOT 12v
5. Number 3 is very IMPOSSIBLE for your set-up because your panel is a 24v system
7. I am not sure with this:rofl: and I am open for corrections nobody is perfect anyway. or maybe madame awinahe just got a perfect answer for this one.........
possibilities: let's GO GREEN:excited:
You are absolutely right ... nothing to add except that I assumed that her panels were in 12 volts coz I did not notice the "36 volts" and most of the panels sold here are in 12 volts... probably not wake up when I answered :lol:

yes, the 120 Ah bat will do... you will be able to use your fan without discharging the battery more than 50% which is good to keep your bat in a good shape for long! But I have some doubt about the 100 watt inverter from cdrking... not sure it can handle to run continuously for 8 hours!
Don't forget that if you don't use a charge controller, you will have to monitor the charge of the battery 2 or 3 times a day with a digital multimeter to avoid them to overcharge...Also you will need to disconnect your battery from the panel every night and replug in the morning to avoid the electricity to go back to your panel at night!

main problem here is your solar panels

but if you still pursue in using a 24v system well of course you need a second battery wired in series to achieve a 24v battery bank and later on if you want to expand you always will buy batteries by twos because there is no available single battery already in 24v. and don't know why you prefer using 24v system when the fact is it is much more expensive than by using a 12v system.

Tama ka... again :thumbsup:

@ahmish: where did you buy your panels? maybe the one who sold you the panels can tell you if they are in 12 or 24 volts!

Edit: I just make some research about the MPPT controllers and it seems that they can handle a 24 volt panel to feed a 12 volt bat! If so, the question is: ahmish, is your controller a MPPT or a PMW? Can you confirm that Bongalzate as you have one MPPT controller?

Last edited:
Edit: I just make some research about the MPPT controllers and it seems that they can handle a 24 volt panel to feed a 12 volt bat! If so, the question is: ahmish, is your controller a MPPT or a PMW? Can you confirm that Bongalzate as you have one MPPT controller?

I once have read somewhere in a foreign forum that some MPPT controllers can do that but I think the Lumiax MPPT controller I have did not indicate in the manual that It could so I think the Lumiax is not capable of doing that.

Back
Top Bottom