Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

I once have read somewhere in a foreign forum that some MPPT controllers can do that but I think the Lumiax MPPT controller I have did not indicate in the manual that It could so I think the Lumiax is not capable of doing that.

Sayang... thanks anyway! Maybe next time I see a reseller I will ask but not sure I can get a reliable answer as many, here, don't know what they talk about :rofl:

Edit: according to the Lumiax website, the LAT series can do it...

Last edited:
Ts good morning,tanong kulang. 20 wats panel chaka 20ah batts...ano ang charge controller nyan 5 amp. Or 10 amp? Thanks;)

@ahmish: if your controller is a MPPT controller, can you check its specifications to know what is the INPUT voltage?

- - - Updated - - -

Ts good morning,tanong kulang. 20 wats panel chaka 20ah batts...ano ang charge controller nyan 5 amp. Or 10 amp? Thanks;)

You might have a hard time to charge a 20 Ah bat with a 20 watt panel + controller... I think the smaller controller is 5 amp or maybe 7. You don't need more than 7 amp
If you can, you should have at least a 30 or 40 watt panel with a 7 amp charge controller
or, if you can monitor always the charge of the battery (to avoid it to overcharge) you can have a smaller panel (7 or 10 watt lang) and no controller

Last edited:
yes, the 120 Ah bat will do... you will be able to use your fan without discharging the battery more than 50% which is good to keep your bat in a good shape for long! But I have some doubt about the 100 watt inverter from cdrking... not sure it can handle to run continuously for 8 hours!
Don't forget that if you don't use a charge controller, you will have to monitor the charge of the battery 2 or 3 times a day with a digital multimeter to avoid them to overcharge...Also you will need to disconnect your battery from the panel every night and replug in the morning to avoid the electricity to go back to your panel at night!

ok po ma'am siguro bibili nlng ako ng 200 watts na inverter sa cdrking para kayanin nya electric fan for 8 hrs, pero ask ko lang dun sa panel to battery, pwede ko po bang lagyan nlang ng blocking diode ang panel para hindi bumalik ang kuryente galing battery papuntang panel?

tsaka ano po ratings ng volts sa battey sa percentage ng battery? kasi may multi meter narin po ako..

Sir sorry late reply. Bale yun mppt controller ko max input voltage is 48volts. Output voltage has autodetect voltage of battery 12v/24v yan lang po na dalawa yun kaya nya issupply na output. So pagkakaintindi ko kasi kaya nya yun panel board ko na may 30v output feeding to the mppt controller. Then yun output naman ng mppt controller ko eh kaya ng 12v or 24v depende sa voltage ng battery ko

Sir sorry late reply. Bale yun mppt controller ko max input voltage is 48volts. Output voltage has autodetect voltage of battery 12v/24v yan lang po na dalawa yun kaya nya issupply na output. So pagkakaintindi ko kasi kaya nya yun panel board ko na may 30v output feeding to the mppt controller. Then yun output naman ng mppt controller ko eh kaya ng 12v or 24v depende sa voltage ng battery ko

so your controller is an MPPT well I think you can try to connect it and have a multimeter ready to check the battery voltage after about 5 mins maybe but first be sure to check the standby battery voltage before connecting so you can compare the results afterwards. so if the battery voltage rises that fast with in the 5 min mark I think your controller outputs 24v and if all goes well then viola welcome to solar power! better more could you give us the controller brand and model you have so I think I'll try to get some info about it in the web.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: according to the Lumiax website, the LAT series can do it...

wow thats nice mine is of the MAX series....:)

pwede ko po bang lagyan nlang ng blocking diode ang panel para hindi bumalik ang kuryente galing battery papuntang panel?

most panels now have a blocking diode incorporated in the junction box if yours have none it is nice if you can put one. A more stable solution is to put a heavy duty dc switch(about 20-30amps rating) as close to the batteries so you can just switch it off at night. Because if your wires from battery to panels are long still a lot of current will pass there.

Last edited:
Sad to say just checked my controller box and manual its not mppt. So i really need to replace it with an mppt one. Anyway you can search google for LCSC-A1. Yan yun model ng controller ko. Bibili na din ako later ng multitester para matest ko pero so far so good working naman yun setup ko po

finally, after two weeks without internet connection (because of typhoon glenda)... am finally back...

Last edited:
ok po ma'am siguro bibili nlng ako ng 200 watts na inverter sa cdrking para kayanin nya electric fan for 8 hrs, pero ask ko lang dun sa panel to battery, pwede ko po bang lagyan nlang ng blocking diode ang panel para hindi bumalik ang kuryente galing battery papuntang panel?

tsaka ano po ratings ng volts sa battey sa percentage ng battery? kasi may multi meter narin po ako..

If you decide not to use a controller, the best is to put a switch between the panel and the battery. As said si Bongalzate, the solar panels have diode already. A switch is needed also to stop the battery in case of overcharging. You can just put a heavy duty switch, or a "knife switch" or even an old fuse box as I did with my solar setup (see sa baba ng 1rst page the picture)

To monitor your battery, it's important to know that the voltage is very different when the battery is set for several hours without load and without charging and when it's charging with or without load.,,, At the end of the 1rst page there is a chart to know the different voltages.
You should check the voltage in the morning, before charging. 12.70 is fully charged and 12.20 is 50% discharged. When charging, never let the battery charge over 15 volts... if it reach 15 volts you need to switch it off... You need to monitor more often when it's very sunny because it will charge faster!

- - - Updated - - -

finally, after two weeks without internet connection (because of typhoon glenda)... am finally back...

Hey! Welcome back :excited: Happy to see you back... I thought you did not like us anymore :rofl:
I did not know that the internet connections were gone also, here it's very slow... I mean slower than usual :lol: Did your panels resist the typhoon?

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to say just checked my controller box and manual its not mppt. So i really need to replace it with an mppt one. Anyway you can search google for LCSC-A1. Yan yun model ng controller ko. Bibili na din ako later ng multitester para matest ko pero so far so good working naman yun setup ko po

I just check the manual of your controller... it says that the 10 amp can handle up to 55 volt solar panel so it seems to be ok!
So let's see how it works and how long to charge your bat by cloudy day!

Last edited:
I just check the manual of your controller... it says that the 10 amp can handle up to 55 volt solar panel so it seems to be ok!
So let's see how it works and how long to charge your bat by cloudy day!

just want to know if my controller is also good for that the max solar voltage in the manual says 100v?
so how do we wire a 18v panel and a 36v panel?
wired thru parallell how many voltage will it output?
wired thru series will it output 54v?:think:

- - - Updated - - -

is it also possible to just wire a 4 18v panels in series to achieve a 72 volts?
i am wondering if this is possible? then who charges faster?

Last edited:
just want to know if my controller is also good for that the max solar voltage in the manual says 100v?
so how do we wire a 18v panel and a 36v panel?
wired thru parallell how many voltage will it output?
wired thru series will it output 54v?:think:

- - - Updated - - -

is it also possible to just wire a 4 18v panels in series to achieve a 72 volts?
i am wondering if this is possible? then who charges faster?

:think: :think: :think: I'm not very sure but I don't think is possible to wire 2 panels with different voltage... I think I read (a long time ago) that if you wire panels with different voltage in series, the array will work only at the lower voltage
Wiring 4 18 volt is possible as they have the same voltage... maybe :lol:

Last edited:
afaik, if the solar panel is rated a minimum of Vmp~35 volts, the system should be 24 volts and if the panel is rated Vmp 18 volts, the system should be 12 volts... the controller will auto-detect the system voltage... therefore you should first select which system voltage to use.

We are experiencing the moonson rains at the Cordilleras now its been on its fourth day of rains non stop. Farmers are happy for they can now plant their ricefields.Today i have to charge my batts with AC their charge is going low compared with my previous PWM controller should have charged it on the second day with MPPT it reached 4 days.;)

padaan eh ts kung isang personal ref siguro mga 12 hours isang rice cooker 30 min at electric fan 12 hours

starter setup lang hihihi..

Attachments

• 10569012_10202463922313723_6888266741768819902_n.jpg
    10569012_10202463922313723_6888266741768819902_n.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 10527527_10202463988035366_4019925218928390101_n.jpg
    10527527_10202463988035366_4019925218928390101_n.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 10404479_10202463922913738_2687246858153194607_n.jpg
    10404479_10202463922913738_2687246858153194607_n.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
starter setup lang hihihi..
it's a hybrid system of charging the car battery by solar panel and thru the alternator of the car engine...
* when disconnecting the solar panel, just always remove the solar panel connection to the charge controller FIRST then the connection of the charge controller to the battety LAST.
* when connecting the controller to the car battery, always connect the battery to the controller FIRST (so that the controller will auto-detect the system voltage).

mga bossing ok lang ba na walang controller? gaya nung kay sir awinahe? kumbaga manual ko nalang icheck kung full charge na yung battery tapos manual ko i cut off ang charging between solar panels and battery using circuit breaker.

BTW baguhan lang ako try ko muna gumawa ng miniature pag success go ako sa big guns

mga bossing ok lang ba na walang controller? gaya nung kay sir awinahe? kumbaga manual ko nalang icheck kung full charge na yung battery tapos manual ko i cut off ang charging between solar panels and battery using circuit breaker.

BTW baguhan lang ako try ko muna gumawa ng miniature pag success go ako sa big guns

very much ok as long as mamonitor mo voltage ng batts. use a switch in between your panels and batts para mashut off mo voltage from panels pag umabot na ng 14v. and never palampasin ng 15v maovercharge na batts mo dun at mas madali magdeteriorate. at keep in mind na dapat mabantayan voltage kasi pag malakas sikat ng araw mas mabilis din macharge ang batts mo and it all depends yan sa panels vs. sa batt Ah na gagamitin mo. I know kasi nag-experiment din ako nyan. so eto mapapayo ko.
1. your batts Ah ay dapat 60% more sa wattage ng panels mo. so ibig sabihin kung ang battery mo ay rated 100Ah dapat ang panels mo ay 40watts(100*.4=40)
2. keep your batts busy! mag experiment ka lang din tulad ko. tools mo lang dito is voltmeter. monitor always ang voltage ng batts mo. yan kasi ay depende ng sikat ng araw pag maganda well, gamit ka pa pero keep in mind na dapat magbudget ka para sa gabi mo kasi wala na ang haring araw. para may pang ilaw ka sa gabi.so inshort sa mga bandang 3:00 or even earlier ay stop ka na to charge your batts for night time use.(tips: never discharge your batts up to less than 50% para tumagal at sana wag araw-araw na 50% so being on the safe side discharge your batts only at 20-25% daily)
3. this is the sad part! kung wala ka palagi magmonitor you need a controller. (tips: visit 1st page para sa table ng batt voltage vs. batt state of charge)
4. in my own honest conclusions cheaper ang without controllers pero it all depends kung kaya mo bang bantayan para di maovercharge ang batts? vs. kung gumamit ka naman ng charge controllers ay more panel wattage ang kailangan mo para macharge ang batts.
5. start small muna para makita mo pa differences then go for the big guns(sabi mo ey) my set-up is now 300Ah batts solar panels are 250w(plan to make it at 320w in the future) charge controller is 20 amps MPPT my internet connection(24/7), all my lights, and lots of gaming with my ps3 all solar powered! plus electric bill down to 60%
enjoy going green .....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom