Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

experiment uli,
dito sa amin ay casureco coop. nag supply kuryente,LINE TO GROUND ang linya=220 volts,
in off ko safety box, kasama na pati ground galing sa kanila,tapos supply galing inverter out ang kinonek ko sa wiring ng bahay ko,umandar yung mga ilaw,pati mga outlet,pero may kaunting ground nang hawakan ko sa linya ng battery,mas malakas ang ground kung hindi ko tinangal yung isang linya(ground) galing sa kuryente ng coop.pwedi kaya igrounding ang negative ng batt.di ko pa sinubukan maka makaapekto sa inverter,

I agree with Tristan on this one :cool: my setup too is totally separated from the Paleco line, safety first!
Anyways, in any setup you need to have some grounds! Your panel and your inverter should be grounded!

Last edited:
@awinahe
@TristanWS
thanks po sa inyong dalawa

additional wiring na naman kung separate ang linyang galing inverter,safe naman siguro to bili na lang ako safety switch katulad ng ginagamit pang generator

Last edited:
I agree with Tristan on this one :cool: my setup too is totally separated from the Paleco line, safety first!
Anyways, in any setup you need to have some grounds! Your panel and your inverter should be grounded!
agree or disagree, OKs lang yun sa akin... ang importante ay baka sakaling makatulong ang sagot ko sa tanong... anyways, i always provide the source of info to help the reader study further... mahirap na rin kasi mag-research sa internet... sa sobrang dami ng information, matuturete ang utak mo.
safe naman siguro to bili na lang ako safety switch katulad ng ginagamit pang generator - blackthief
... safe naman yung manual transfer switch na katulad ng pang generator (Note: If you are not comfortable about electrical wirings, please hire a qualified electrician... SAFETY FIRST.)

Last edited:
sir, kaya ba ng set up na to ang 5cf na ref? 200 watts solar panel, 2000 watts power inverter, dalawang battery.

salamat po

sir, kaya ba ng set up na to ang 5cf na ref? 200 watts solar panel, 2000 watts power inverter, dalawang battery.

salamat po

No di kaya! To run a ref 24/7 you need a lot more panels and batteries... A 1000 watt inverter is ok as long as it has a good surge power (at least 2000 watts surge)
A ref runs 10 to 12 hours per day... depending on the ref and how it is used, it runs 20 to 30 minutes per hour, plus each time you let the door open for a while it will run even for 1 or 2 minutes only.... and the problem with a ref is not the wattage of the ref (let's say around 100 watts only), the problem is the compressor! Each time the ref runs, the compressor starts and consumes for few seconds up to 1200 watts... so even if the ref run for only 2 minutes, the compressor will still consume 1200 watts! 1200 watts it's 100 amperes dc! Then you need to add the 100 watts that consumes the ref when it runs, about 100 amp din for 10 hours and because your ref needs to run night and day, you need a big battery bank able to recharge fast! In order to recharge fast your battery bank you need many solar panels! You will need probably something like 800 watt panels and 400 Ah battery banks (that's a minimum and without any backup days)

As said Tristan I use my ref on solar in daytime, in summer but my ref runs only 15 minutes every 2 hours because I use a timer... the batteries can recharge during the 2 hours where my ref is "at rest"... but even with 360 Ah battery bank, each time my ref starts, the inverter beeps because the compressor drains a lot of amperes very fast!

Last edited:
No di kaya! To run a ref 24/7 you need a lot more panels and batteries... A 1000 watt inverter is ok as long as it has a good surge power (at least 2000 watts surge)
A ref runs 10 to 12 hours per day... depending on the ref and how it is used, it runs 20 to 30 minutes per hour, plus each time you let the door open for a while it will run even for 1 or 2 minutes only.... and the problem with a ref is not the wattage of the ref (let's say around 100 watts only), the problem is the compressor! Each time the ref runs, the compressor starts and consumes for few seconds up to 1200 watts... so even if the ref run for only 2 minutes, the compressor will still consume 1200 watts! 1200 watts it's 100 amperes dc! Then you need to add the 100 watts that consumes the ref when it runs, about 100 amp din for 10 hours and because your ref needs to run night and day, you need a big battery bank able to recharge fast! In order to recharge fast your battery bank you need many solar panels! You will need probably something like 800 watt panels and 400 Ah battery banks (that's a minimum and without any backup days)

As said Tristan I use my ref on solar in daytime, in summer but my ref runs only 15 minutes every 2 hours because I use a timer... the batteries can recharge during the 2 hours where my ref is "at rest"... but even with 360 Ah battery bank, each time my ref starts, the inverter beeps because the compressor drains a lot of amperes very fast!

salamat sa idea sir awinahe :)

ito po yung specs sir ng plano ko:

1 x inverter 2000watts, kung hindi pwd 1000watts nlng
1 x battery 500ah (baka magdagdag pa)
1 x charge controller
2 x 100 watts solar panel (baka magdagdag pa)

- - - Updated - - -

sir soul_keeper1

afaik, masyado malaki ang 2000w inverter... 1000w lang ang recommended sa 12v system
Source: http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?10450-Inverter-Size-vs-Battery-Size-Tutorial

pls wait for the reply of ma'am TS, ginagamit nya ang solar setup (with timer) sa refrigerator kapag malakas ang sikat ng araw.

magkakaroon ba ng problema kung malake ang wattage ng inverter ko sa set up n yan, sir? wala kc ako idea dito :D salamat po

ayun, nabasa ko na po sir tristan,, salamat sa ideas sir trintan and sir awinahe.. ;)

Last edited:
sir soul_keeper1

hehe... babae po yan si ma'am TS... sige tanungin mo... sasabihin nyan na babae sya...

IMO, pag-aralan mo na muna ang pag-setup ng solar... basa basa muna... tanong tanong muna bago bumili ng mga parts and components... tapos canvass muna ng price sa cdr king at online solar sellers.... dalawa kasi ang solar setup... off grid at grid tied system... mas OK ang grid tied system sa mga high wattage appliances katulad ng refrigerator at freezer kasi hindi na sya gagamit ng battery... tapos kung ang gagamitin mo ay yung "inverter type refrigerator" ay lalong makakatipid ka sa electric bill.
... hindi talaga recommended na gamitin ang refrigerator using off grid solar power kasi malaki ang gastos mo sa battery... OK lang ang off-grid system sa mga low power appliances example laptop, network equipments, powerbank/mobile charger at lahat ng mga 12v dc appliances.

sir soul_keeper1

hehe... babae po yan si ma'am TS... sige tanungin mo... sasabihin nyan na babae sya...

IMO, pag-aralan mo na muna ang pag-setup ng solar... basa basa muna... tanong tanong muna bago bumili ng mga parts and components... tapos canvass muna ng price sa cdr king at online solar sellers.... dalawa kasi ang solar setup... off grid at grid tied system... mas OK ang grid tied system sa mga high wattage appliances katulad ng refrigerator at freezer kasi hindi na sya gagamit ng battery... tapos kung ang gagamitin mo ay yung "inverter type refrigerator" ay lalong makakatipid ka sa electric bill.
... hindi talaga recommended na gamitin ang refrigerator using off grid solar power kasi malaki ang gastos mo sa battery... OK lang ang off-grid system sa mga low power appliances example laptop, network equipments, powerbank/mobile charger at lahat ng mga 12v dc appliances.

wow mali hahaha .. sori po maam TS, :D :D :D
cge po sir salamat po ;)
sa ngayon ba sir, ano ba set up mo, tapos kumusta nmn yung performance ?

sir soul_keeper1

... sa thread din ni ma'am TS ako nagsimula as "student" (more than one year ago)... dahil nakabili ako ng solar power kit sa cdrking... tapos na-addict na ako sa solar... kaya beware... maraming solar addict dito... hehe sa ngayon ay apat na small off-grid battery systems na ang na-ipon ko sa kaka-experiment... bakit apat?... kasi iba-iba ang laki at edad ng mga batteries, hindi pwede pagsama-samahin... ang pinakamalaki ay 160w panel >20A controller >100AH battery >450w inverter... saan ko ginagamit?... doon nga sa mga nabanggit ko na mga low power appliances.... magkano lahat gastos?... huwag na, tingnan mo na lang sa website ng cdrking at mga online sellers ang mga presyo.

performance?... yung cdrking solar power kit ay gumagana pa rin, although ang 12AH battery ay bumaba na ang capacity... si ma'am TS ay 3 years na!

sir soul_keeper1

... sa thread din ni ma'am TS ako nagsimula as "student" (more than one year ago)... dahil nakabili ako ng solar power kit sa cdrking... tapos na-addict na ako sa solar... kaya beware... maraming solar addict dito... hehe sa ngayon ay apat na small off-grid battery systems na ang na-ipon ko sa kaka-experiment... bakit apat?... kasi iba-iba ang laki at edad ng mga batteries, hindi pwede pagsama-samahin... ang pinakamalaki ay 160w panel >20A controller >100AH battery >450w inverter... saan ko ginagamit?... doon nga sa mga nabanggit ko na mga low power appliances.... magkano lahat gastos?... huwag na, tingnan mo na lang sa website ng cdrking at mga online sellers ang mga presyo.

performance?... yung cdrking solar power kit ay gumagana pa rin, although ang 12AH battery ay bumaba na ang capacity... si ma'am TS ay 3 years na!

Sir Tristan,

... ayus sir,, hwag nmn sana maaddict sir tris :D, pra may magamit lng :p ;)
medyo maliwanag n kunti sa akin yung systema,, mas gusto ko yung off-grid ;) ..

Totoo nga na parang nakaka addict ito. Hihi.. Sa loob lang ng 3 months dalawang malilit na setup ang nabuo ko. Isang pang daytime use (17ah, 30Wp) at isang pang night time use (100Ah, 100Wp). Sa umaga pag gising hanap agad ang DMM.Sa hapon pagdating galing sa trabaho DMM Din ang uunahin.Kasama na sa daily routine ko ang test ng battery.

salamat sa idea sir awinahe :)

ito po yung specs sir ng plano ko:

1 x inverter 2000watts, kung hindi pwd 1000watts nlng
1 x battery 500ah (baka magdagdag pa)
1 x charge controller
2 x 100 watts solar panel (baka magdagdag pa)

Sir soul_keeper, I hope you don't mind, but I prefer to answer you in the thread than in a pm because my answer can help also other people in the same time!

As said Tristan, before you start planning your setup, try to get some general info about solar, then ask here for anything you don't understand...
As I told you in my previous answer you need a lot more panels to recharge quickly your battery bank and the 400 Ah I mentioned was a minimum not taking into account the inverter wattage and the wiring loss...

First, coming back to your pm, before finding the good components for your setup, you must know exactly the wattage of your ref or whatever appliance you want to power! Without that we cannot make a good estimation!

2nd, the inverter can be 1000 watts with a surge power of at least 2000 watts but it must be a pure sine wave inverter with an efficiency above 90% and a frequency 60 hertz. The inverter you selected was 50 hertz.

3rd, the controller amperage depends on the wattage of the solar panels... with 200 watt panel a 10 ampere controller is too small, To know how many amperes should be your controller you need to divide the wattage of the panels by 12 (for a 12 volts system) and then add 25%. so for 200 watt panel in a 12 volts system it will be 200/12 = 16.66 + 4.16 (25% of 16.66) = 20.83 amperes.
To recharge faster and more efficiently the controller should be MPPT

4th, in your pm you talk about getting a 2v500 Amperes battery... the voltage of the battery must match the voltage of the panel/controller/inverter... So for a 12 volt system your battery must be in 12 volts... if you have batteries in 2 volts you must buy 6 of them to connect them in series to get 12 volts. So only one 2 volt 500 Ah battery will not work!

5th, the solar panels are not a problem... the ones in cdrking are fine!

1rst conclusion: to run your ref on solar you will need a lot more than what you planned meaning that it will be a big setup and this kind of setup should be in 24 volts or 48 volts (all your components will be more expensive and you will a lot of batteries which are the most expensive part of a solar setup) It will cost you around 150 k to run your ref on solar... is it financially worth it for you?

2nd conclusion: before trying to run a ref on solar, I suggest you to start by a small setup to power other appliances which are not so energy consuming, like tv, laptop or small fan.

sir soul_keeper1

... add ko lang, kung refrigerator pa rin ang gusto mong paandarin sa off-grid system, ang una mong dapat malaman ay ang power consumption at power surge ng ref in watts... paano mo malalaman? please google "Omni power meter"... para ma compute ang tamang battery at inverter size...

Mga Kasolar... May Idea b kyo kung saan sa Raon makakabili ng ganitong klaseng SCC ( Solar Charge Controller )?:pray::pray::pray::help:

Suoer STW12 30A
View attachment 190607

Attachments

• 9772_959353880745518_4820865992496881074_n.jpg
    9772_959353880745518_4820865992496881074_n.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sir soul_keeper, I hope you don't mind, but I prefer to answer you in the thread than in a pm because my answer can help also other people in the same time!

As said Tristan, before you start planning your setup, try to get some general info about solar, then ask here for anything you don't understand...
As I told you in my previous answer you need a lot more panels to recharge quickly your battery bank and the 400 Ah I mentioned was a minimum not taking into account the inverter wattage and the wiring loss...

First, coming back to your pm, before finding the good components for your setup, you must know exactly the wattage of your ref or whatever appliance you want to power! Without that we cannot make a good estimation!

2nd, the inverter can be 1000 watts with a surge power of at least 2000 watts but it must be a pure sine wave inverter with an efficiency above 90% and a frequency 60 hertz. The inverter you selected was 50 hertz.

3rd, the controller amperage depends on the wattage of the solar panels... with 200 watt panel a 10 ampere controller is too small, To know how many amperes should be your controller you need to divide the wattage of the panels by 12 (for a 12 volts system) and then add 25%. so for 200 watt panel in a 12 volts system it will be 200/12 = 16.66 + 4.16 (25% of 16.66) = 20.83 amperes.
To recharge faster and more efficiently the controller should be MPPT

4th, in your pm you talk about getting a 2v500 Amperes battery... the voltage of the battery must match the voltage of the panel/controller/inverter... So for a 12 volt system your battery must be in 12 volts... if you have batteries in 2 volts you must buy 6 of them to connect them in series to get 12 volts. So only one 2 volt 500 Ah battery will not work!

5th, the solar panels are not a problem... the ones in cdrking are fine!

1rst conclusion: to run your ref on solar you will need a lot more than what you planned meaning that it will be a big setup and this kind of setup should be in 24 volts or 48 volts (all your components will be more expensive and you will a lot of batteries which are the most expensive part of a solar setup) It will cost you around 150 k to run your ref on solar... is it financially worth it for you?

2nd conclusion: before trying to run a ref on solar, I suggest you to start by a small setup to power other appliances which are not so energy consuming, like tv, laptop or small fan.

Maam TS,

salamat po,, malinaw na po :D :D :D at kailangan ko pa din pag aralan pra hindi magkamali set up ;) ;) ;)
maraming salamat ulit :)

- - - Updated - - -

sir soul_keeper1

... add ko lang, kung refrigerator pa rin ang gusto mong paandarin sa off-grid system, ang una mong dapat malaman ay ang power consumption at power surge ng ref in watts... paano mo malalaman? please google "Omni power meter"... para ma compute ang tamang battery at inverter size...

Sir Tristan,

un nga po sana balak, pero yung inisip kung set up ang layo pala :D :D :D
salamat po sa idea, basa basa muna ;)

Sir aldanina

… yung suoer cc ko ay sa online seller ko nabili.

Sir soul_keeper1

Ang usual recommendation kasi ay dapat alam muna ang watts ng load at kung ilang oras gagamitin para malaman ang watt-hour… however, may instances halimbawa na nakabili ka na ng battery or may panel ka na or may nagbigay sa iyo ng inverter or madalas ay kulang ang budget para sa balak mo na paganahin… pwede naman gumawa ng setup na base sa mga nabanggit na sitwasyon… kaya lang ikaw na ang ang mag-aadjust… example ang battery mo ay 100AH na ang pwede lang i-discharge ay 50% (50AH) x 12v = 600watt-hour… malinaw na hindi sya pwede sa mga high powered appliances… pero pwede sya gamitin sa sa ilaw, led tv, dc fan, mobile charger o lahat na low powered equipments na walang motor… in other words, alam mo dapat ang limitasyon ng ginawa mong setup at saan mo sya dapat gamitin.

@soul_keeper1:
You are very welcome... and please come back if you need help!

hello po mga kasolar,palaging maulap sa amin ngayon nagtatago ang araw,mahina charging,bicol area

medyo OT:...baka gusto nyo pong sumali sa core group ng solar FB group

magbubuo po ng group....ty

Back
Top Bottom