Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

sir glennjv... tanong ko lang kung bakit hindi ninyo consider ang orientation na facing south? and the proper angle from horizontal?... yung sm north edsa ba ay facing south? nakita ko kasi sa picture, mukhang consider nila ang angle of inclination (11-12 degree for metro manila location... "If your latitude is below 25°, use the latitude times 0.87".)... hehe... solar cowboy.. ikaw ba 'yan, sir glennjv?

- - - Updated - - -

Ganda :clap:... when are you going to open your own solar intallation shop? :lol:

naku mam... hangang hobby nalang halos ma heat stroke kami nung day 1 pag install ng rails. hehe ayaw ko na!

- - - Updated - - -

sir glennjv... tanong ko lang kung bakit hindi ninyo consider ang orientation na facing south? and the proper angle from horizontal?... yung sm north edsa ba ay facing south? nakita ko kasi sa picture, mukhang consider nila ang angle of inclination (11-12 degree for metro manila location... "If your latitude is below 25°, use the latitude times 0.87".)... hehe... solar cowboy.. ikaw ba 'yan, sir glennjv?

Di ko na masyado na consider yung details ng angle sa panel.
I only considered where the sun will rise and set. Based sa picture na ultra wide sa taas, the 4 panels on the right will be hit by the sun at around 7-8am.
the 4 panels on the left mga 9am na siguro ma hit yun BUT it will be hit last din upto about 430pm-5pm kaya. So compromise nalang ginawa ko.

I based it on this http://suncalc.net/

hehe yep ako yan. pinicturan ako ng barkada ko. si bogart the explorer nga daw. hehe

Last edited:
2014_11_23_15_27_04.jpg

sir glennjv... hindi ganyan ang pag- solar surfing... gayahin mo si sec jericho petilla ng doe...

tanong ko lang... sa picture na yan (from gmanews tv)... facing south ba yan?

2014_dec11_newsphoto5.jpg

Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla inspects the solar power rooftop of St. Scholastica’s College in Manila along with SSC President Sr. Mary Frances Dizon and Glenn Tong, director of Propmech and Greenheat Corp. during unveiling rites on December 10, 2014. The technology will save the school about P4 million a year on power bills. by LINO SANTOS

... pansin ko... tinatapakan lang ang panel... hindi kaya mabasag yan?

Last edited:
Gd pm sir/Mam,tanong ko lang po...set up ko 1x50watts mono panel,10amps pwm scc,1000watts psw inverter,70ah quantum deep cycle batt..kadalasan po 4 to 5 hrs lng umiilaw na yellow led warning lamp..50watts po total ko na ilaw...full charge po yun from 6am to 5 pm...facing south at 10 degrees angle..kulang pa po ba ang battery ko at panel...maraing salamat po sa sasagot...

sir raypaz

pinaka-maximum na amperes na mage-generate ng 50W panel ay 4.2A (50W/12)... 35Ah / 4.2A = 8.3 hours is needed to re-charge the 50% DoD battery... in theory, hindi kaya i-full charge ng 50W panel ang 70Ah battery sa loob ng isang araw = therefore kulang sa panel.

assuming na "full charge" nga ang 70Ah battery... sa load na 50W, ang battery run time up to 50% DoD ay 6 hours 49 minutes... therefore malaki rin ang kunsumo ng 1000W inverter... the reason why "4 to 5 hrs lng umiilaw na yellow led warning lamp".

basing on experience, kung maliit lang ang load, dapat ay maliit din ang inverter para humaba ng additional 2 hours ang battery run time.

Last edited:
Patolong naman mga masters. Ok lang ba kun cdr king ang gagamitin from solar panel, charge controller, deep cycle batt at inverter?

sir greatgwapo

halos karamihan sa thread na ito ay cdr king galing ang panel... sa charge controller, meron isang klase na palpak (yung maingay ang pwm switch)... sa deep cycle battery ay hindi pa masabi kasi hindi pa nasubukan ng more than two years... at sa inverter naman ay wala silang mura na pure sine wave inverter.

sir greatgwapo

halos karamihan sa thread na ito ay cdr king galing ang panel... sa charge controller, meron isang klase na palpak (yung maingay ang pwm switch)... sa deep cycle battery ay hindi pa masabi kasi hindi pa nasubukan ng more than two years... at sa inverter naman ay wala silang mura na pure sine wave inverter.
Salamat boss :thanks: anong brand ng deep cycle batt ma ma-irecomend nyo?

Gd pm sir/Mam,tanong ko lang po...set up ko 1x50watts mono panel,10amps pwm scc,1000watts psw inverter,70ah quantum deep cycle batt..kadalasan po 4 to 5 hrs lng umiilaw na yellow led warning lamp..50watts po total ko na ilaw...full charge po yun from 6am to 5 pm...facing south at 10 degrees angle..kulang pa po ba ang battery ko at panel...maraing salamat po sa sasagot...

With a pwm charge controller, you need more panels to charge a 70 Ah battery... you should have 100 to 150 watts of solar panels... The other solution is not to add any panel, but remove your charge controller and monitor manually the charge of your battery with a digital multitester

- - - Updated - - -

Salamat boss :thanks: anong brand ng deep cycle batt ma ma-irecomend nyo?

SM from Motolite (deep cycle) are ok and can be found everywhere... More expensive but better quality are the Trojan batteries...

sir greatgwapo

yung 100Ah motolite solar master na ginagamit ko ay one year na this december... pero parang brand new pa rin ang performance nya.

as compared to car battery and batteries for UPS (7Ah and 12Ah) = one year pa lang mahina na mag hold ng charge or mabilis na ma-discharge (pero nagagamit pa rin)... (personal observation).

With a pwm charge controller, you need more panels to charge a 70 Ah battery... you should have 100 to 150 watts of solar panels... The other solution is not to add any panel, but remove your charge controller and monitor manually the charge of your battery with a digital multitester

- - - Updated - - -

SM from Motolite (deep cycle) are ok and can be found everywhere... More expensive but better quality are the Trojan batteries...

Sir awinahe

Maraming salamat sa rep...gagawin ko yan..habang la pa kong dagdag na panel...God bless...baka magawi kayo ng iloilo...just tx me...09106372532...God bless...meri xmas...

Sir awinahe

Maraming salamat sa rep...gagawin ko yan..habang la pa kong dagdag na panel...God bless...baka magawi kayo ng iloilo...just tx me...09106372532...God bless...meri xmas...

You are very welcome! Be carefull if you monitor manually your battery charging: it should not go over 15 volts or it will be damaged... and you need to unplug it at night and plug it back in the morning to avoid the electricity to go back to the panel...
Merry Xmas din!

Why is it that “removing PWM charge controller” better than using one?... I have not really bothered researching for the technical explanation about this… but I have been reading in foreign forums that this device is already becoming obsolete… solar experts are recommending MPPT charge controllers even in smaller setups… the bad news is… there are a lot of FAKE MPPTs in the market… most are actually PWMs controllers being marketed as MPPT for a higher price.

… time to do some more readings if it is still justifiable to use a PWM controller or is it really just a waste of money?

@ Sir TristanWS,

Maybe the manufacturers get higher profit margin in MPPTs than PWMs.....

If you have the budget, buy MPPT......
Here is my solar daytime project set-up: 4 pcs 120AH = 480AH but the panels are only 370watts....
DOD is only 20-30%.......but the 30A MPPT controller can still charge the batteries full.

My 4 year old car batteries for my solar nighttime project are dying.....
even with a full day's charge by the solar panels....
the light brightness of LEDs at night are not like what they used to be.....

I ordered already 2 pcs 6volts Trojan batteries flooded with smart carbon as replacement.
There is a new company that distributes Trojan batteries locally other than kartplaza.

Will post pictures as soon as these are set-up.

Why is it that “removing PWM charge controller” better than using one?... I have not really bothered researching for the technical explanation about this… but I have been reading in foreign forums that this device is already becoming obsolete… solar experts are recommending MPPT charge controllers even in smaller setups… the bad news is… there are a lot of FAKE MPPTs in the market… most are actually PWMs controllers being marketed as MPPT for a higher price.

… time to do some more readings if it is still justifiable to use a PWM controller or is it really just a waste of money?

Last edited:

I think It all depends on the users idea and purpose we all know well that PWM controllers can do the job done and perfect in some ways but then again technology is always advancing far ahead of us. MPPT is the trend and who knows maybe someone out there is already developing a newer more advanced method than MPPT then it will take its time to shine just like PWM in its early days.............missed this thread for soooooo loooooong......

sir bongalzate
... nangyari?... naging busy ka yata nang medyo matagal din?

sir glennjv

thanks for sharing a very practical use of the LVD (low voltage disconnect) feature of a charge controller... at least this will justify the usage of a PWM controller and take advantage of its low price... i think the price of a cdr king pwm controller is now less than 700 pesos... another important usage is the dusk to dawn or street light feature.

ah mppt charge controller yan.

if ang PWM Charge controller may programmable din na Low Voltage Disconnect maganda yun

Back
Top Bottom