Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

dhc-bm-1-eversmart-12v-battery-alert_161646303731.jpg

share ko lang...

DHC BM-1 EVERSMART 12V Battery Alert
It starts beeping if the charge is less than 12.2V. Beeping stops if the battery voltage reaches 12.2V.

Bakit importante ang 12.2V?... ibig sabihin, malapit ka na sa 50% DoD... kung ang battery ay resting or naka-storage lang, dapat ay i-charge mo na... kung "charging with load" with solar panel ka naman, ang ibig sabihin ay i-disconnect mo na ang load dahil nadi-discharge na ang batt (bigla siguro kumulimlim)

Specs:
Operation Voltage Range: 8V - 16Vdc
Standby Current Drain: Less than 2mA
Buzzing Alarm Current Drain: Less than 80mA

Available here: ₱680.00
http://www.lazada.com.ph/dhc-bm-1-eversmart-12v-battery-alert-blackred-416449.html?boost=1

http://www.fsplanet.com/store/img-large/dhc-bm-1-eversmart-12v-battery-alert_161646303731.jpg

share ko lang...

DHC BM-1 EVERSMART 12V Battery Alert
It starts beeping if the charge is less than 12.2V. Beeping stops if the battery voltage reaches 12.2V.

Bakit importante ang 12.2V?... ibig sabihin, malapit ka na sa 50% DoD... kung ang battery ay resting or naka-storage lang, dapat ay i-charge mo na... kung "charging with load" with solar panel ka naman, ang ibig sabihin ay i-disconnect mo na ang load dahil nadi-discharge na ang batt (bigla siguro kumulimlim)

Specs:
Operation Voltage Range: 8V - 16Vdc
Standby Current Drain: Less than 2mA
Buzzing Alarm Current Drain: Less than 80mA

Available here: ₱680.00
http://www.lazada.com.ph/dhc-bm-1-eversmart-12v-battery-alert-blackred-416449.html?boost=1

Good one, especially for people who don't use a controller!

- - - Updated - - -

Info

Tesla’s Powerwall Will Let Households Run Entirely On Solar Energy

Powerwall specs:

Mounting: Wall Mounted Indoor/Outdoor
Inverter: Pairs with growing list of inverters
Energy: 7kWh or 10kWh
Continuous Power: 2kW
Peak Power: 3kW
Round Trip Efficiency: >92%
Operating Temperature Range: -20C (-4F) to 43C (110F)
Warranty: 10 years
Dimensions: H: 1300mm W: 860mm D:180mm

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/30/tesla-powerwall-expands-ev-battery-tech-home-business/

nice read.....lets just hope it will become available here in a decade.....

nice read.....lets just hope it will become available here in a decade.....

They say that it will be available worldwide next year... but at what price???

What about your alum bat? Still working? On my side, I'm in despair to find an old bat here... that's really incredible, it's like people throw their bat only if they are totally, totally sira! I was considering buying an old SM motolite to try, but they don't have anymore water inside and the voltage is at the most 5 volts...

the alum batt still in progress. voltage stabilizes at 11.8v still low but I noticed now that its charge is not as fast drained as before it was newly converted into alkali. The charge now stays longer. maybe you can try batts of your friends who have cars that is about to buy a new batt buy it for 1k that will already be a great exchange/discount considering a new 2sm is worth around 4.5k-5k.....
;)

- - - Updated - - -

They say that it will be available worldwide next year... but at what price???

thats great but I think I cant even afford to buy one. that is for serious people with lots of piggy bank in them. in my computation it will be worth 150,000 just for the tesla no panels yet...good thing is that it is also able to be wired in the grid so even if you don't use panels in the meantime.....and I think the price is reasonable enough for a 2kw continous power.....

tesla-battery-specs.jpg

Tesla unveils “Powerwall” batteries to power homes and businesses
By Michael Liedtke And Jonathan Fahey, The Associated Press, May 1, 2015

Tesla founder Elon Musk, the billionaire futurist and inventor who always pushes the limits, says he wants clean and green batteries to one day power the world. The CEO of electric car maker Tesla Motors hopes to park hundreds of millions of large, solar panel-connected batteries in homes and businesses so the world can disconnect from power plants – and he can profit. On Thursday night (April 30, 2015), before an adoring crowd and a party-like atmosphere, Musk unveiled how he intends to do it.

Although Tesla will make the battery called “Powerwall”, it will be sold by a variety of other companies. The list of partners includes SolarCity, a solar installer founded by Musk’s cousins, Lyndon and Peter Rive. Musk is SolarCity’s chairman and largest shareholder.

As with Tesla’s electric cars, which start around $70,000, the battery might be too expensive for most consumers. The system will carry a suggested price of $3,000 to $3,500, depending on the desired capacity. Installation will be extra. That could discourage widespread adoption, especially for a product that may only have limited use.

Musk is so encouraged by the initial demand that he believes Tesla and other future entrants in the market will be able to sell 2 billion battery packs around the world – roughly the same number of vehicles already on roads. Although that may sound like a “super crazy” goal, Musk insisted it “is within the power of humanity to do.”

It will take a long time to get there. Tesla hopes to begin shipping a limited number of Powerwall batteries this summer in the U.S. before expanding internationally next year.

Source: http://globalnews.ca/news/1973176/tesla-unveils-batteries-to-power-homes-and-businesses/

11083886_976715025673640_6885467302855212717_n.jpg

... o ayan baka sabihin ninyo, ay OT ang post na ito... ayan malinaw na nakasulat... meron SOLAR!

na-CHARGE na ba ang mga batteries... baka biglang mag brownout?

Last edited:
Ask ko lang po anu po bang magandang set up ng solar system pag ganto gamit po.

Electric fan x2 - 55W - 8 hrs of use (kase summer)
TV - 60w - 2hrs of use (minsan di na nagagamit)
computer - di ko alam Watts consumption nya eh pero yung power supply 500w - 8 hrs of use (minsan more than 8 hrs pa)

sensya na po walang ganong alam sa electronics.

this is the much awaited fight of the century! be very glad to know and to witness the fight being on tv/payperview live or what so ever..... this does not matter anyhow! this fight just proves it all. .....may it all end here now.....my faith goes to Manny Pacman not for Fame...(remember he agreed w/ it all in Mayweather's side referree is mayweathers place, bounty(60/40 in favor of mayweather) location, rematch if mayweather loses the fight, no rematch if mayweather wins! WELL THIS RULES ARE JUST NOT FAIR! and I believe MANNY prepared for this fight that it all proves to 1 point. He must knock wayweather out to win and I hope and trust Manny is prepared for that......GO MANNY GO :excited:

Ask ko lang po anu po bang magandang set up ng solar system pag ganto gamit po.

Electric fan x2 - 55W - 8 hrs of use (kase summer)
TV - 60w - 2hrs of use (minsan di na nagagamit)
computer - di ko alam Watts consumption nya eh pero yung power supply 500w - 8 hrs of use (minsan more than 8 hrs pa)

sensya na po walang ganong alam sa electronics.

This will be a very big setup and expensive... I suggest you to replace your 2 fans by 2 fans in 12 volts... because just to power your fans at night you will need already 200 Ah battery which more that 10 k plus 400 watt solar panels plus controller... If you invest 3000 pesos in 12 volts fans you reduce your solar setup to only 70 Ah battery and 150 watts of solar panels
For your computer, 500 watts is also a lot... do you intend to use in daytime or at night?

this is the much awaited fight of the century! be very glad to know and to witness the fight being on tv/payperview live or what so ever..... this does not matter anyhow! this fight just proves it all. .....may it all end here now.....my faith goes to Manny Pacman not for Fame...(remember he agreed w/ it all in Mayweather's side referree is mayweathers place, bounty(60/40 in favor of mayweather) location, rematch if mayweather loses the fight, no rematch if mayweather wins! WELL THIS RULES ARE JUST NOT FAIR! and I believe MANNY prepared for this fight that it all proves to 1 point. He must knock wayweather out to win and I hope and trust Manny is prepared for that......GO MANNY GO :excited:

I think I'm going to have a lot of visitors today as Paleco scheduled a brownout!!! Everybody is already very mad because of an average of 6 hours daily brownout... but they add a nail on their coffin by having a scheduled brownout today :lol: They even asked people to turn off all their appliances, included refs, to avoid to have a brownout but still, this morning the brownout is still scheduled... They intentionally do that, with the recall election next week they add pressure to push for coal plants :upset:

GettyImages-472023138.0.jpg

... slow charging kasi ang MOTOLITE... kaya natalo si pacman by unanimous decision... ano kaya ang gamit na battery ni Mayweather?

picture courtesy of sbnation.com, May 3, 2015

Mam awinahe/Sir TristanWS...ano po ang difference between GTi without limiter and GTI with limiter san sa dalawa ang marecommend nu...at example 500watts GTI ilang watts panel minimum ang pede...balak ko kasing mag on grid/off grid..sa ngayon set up ko 160watts panel..140ah batt...tnx sa walang sawa nyong pagtulong...Gb...

sir raypaz

I have no personal experience with Grid-tie setup, so i could not advise you... but basing on what i read, "Grid Tie inverter with Limiter- prevent exporting excess solar power to the electric company. It can be connected to a battery, so it can be used day and night."

Available here:

SunG Grid Tie Inverter with Limiter, by Hertz Blaster
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532777123642307/

Grid Tie Inverter with Limiter authorized seller in Visayas
HANEM SOLAR PRODUCTS, c/o Emmanuel Marcelino

Tnx so much Sir TristanWS...fully satisfied with ur expalnation...problema na lang ngayon ang pambili...hehe

sir TristanWS,
need po sana your help. i'm planning to have another set up that i will use for my lights during night. my house currently has 9 3watt led bulbs pero only 2 of them are left on overnight. the rest po are used lang siguro maybe 1 to 2 hours max or kapag may gagamit lang sa room. ilan po kaya watts ng inverter at ilang ah ang battery na kailangan ko?
thanks po!

sir TristanWS,
need po sana your help. i'm planning to have another set up that i will use for my lights during night. my house currently has 9 3watt led bulbs pero only 2 of them are left on overnight. the rest po are used lang siguro maybe 1 to 2 hours max or kapag may gagamit lang sa room. ilan po kaya watts ng inverter at ilang ah ang battery na kailangan ko?
thanks po!

7 x 3W = 21 x 2hr = 42 Watt-hour
2 x 3W = 6 x 24hr = 144 Watt-hour
42 + 144 = 186 Watt-hour
panel size = 186W-hr/5sunhour/0.67inefficiencies = 55.5W
scc size = 55.5W / 12V = 4.6A
batt size = (186W x 1daybackup x 1.2 temp derate x 2 half DoD) / 12V = 37.2Ah
inverter size = panel size

please round off figures depende sa availability of components.

This will be a very big setup and expensive... I suggest you to replace your 2 fans by 2 fans in 12 volts... because just to power your fans at night you will need already 200 Ah battery which more that 10 k plus 400 watt solar panels plus controller... If you invest 3000 pesos in 12 volts fans you reduce your solar setup to only 70 Ah battery and 150 watts of solar panels
For your computer, 500 watts is also a lot... do you intend to use in daytime or at night?

Thank sir for your explanation and wise suggestion. I have a work from 8am - 5 am mon-fri so my computer is open only in 7 pm -12 mm 5 hrs of use, but when Saturday (day off) more than 8 hrs of use (or pwede ko naman ilipat yung sasak sa meralco if more than 5 hrs na) tapos tv na 60 watts 2 hrs of use . So you suggest:

2 fans in 12 volts (3000 for two fan na ba yun?)
70 Ah battery
charging controller
150 watts of solar panels
500 watts (Inverter po ba ?)

Tama po ba?

Last edited:
Thank sir for your explanation and wise suggestion. I have a work from 8am - 5 am mon-fri so my computer is open only in 7 pm -12 mm 5 hrs of use, but when Saturday (day off) more than 8 hrs of use (or pwede ko naman ilipat yung sasak sa meralco if more than 5 hrs na) tapos tv na 60 watts 2 hrs of use . So you suggest:

2 fans in 12 volts (3000 for two fan na ba yun?)
70 Ah battery
charging controller
150 watts of solar panels
500 watts (Inverter po ba ?)

Tama po ba?

No sorry, I didn't explain properly :punch:

It was an estimate just for your 2 fans, not included the computer, because 500 watt computer consumes a lot of battery especially if used at night; that's why I asked you if you use it at night or day time. So obviously everything will be used at night... which is a problem for your budget as you are going to need a lot of batteries (which are very expensive!)

So, I'm going to estimate first for your fans alone (assuming you buy dc fans) because if you can't afford to buy right now for the pc + 2 fans, at least if you can use solar for your fans you will still save a lot on your monthly bill... it will be 26.400 Kw/h less on your bill

1rst estimation for 2 fans in 12 volts 15 watts each (about 3000 pesos for the 2 fans):

battery 70 Ah (deep cycle)... don't know the price but maybe around 4000 pesos
150 watts solar panels (or 140 watt panel or 3x 50 watt panels or 2x 80 watt panel) cdr king, around 6700 pesos
1 Pwm controller 10 amperes around 1000 pesos

As the fans are in DC, you don't need an inverter!

2nd estimation for 2 dc fans + 500 watts computer, all running 6 hours at night

1 inverter pure sine wave 1000 watts 5000 pesos
600 Ah battery bank 36000 pesos
800 watts panels 60000 pesos
50 amp MPPT controller maybe around 12000 pesos (not sure of the price)

As you see this is a very big setup and it's a minimum (no backup power in case of heavy rain)... So before investing so much, I suggest you to consider changing your pc for a good laptop which will just consume less than 10% compare to your pc...

ooops... I did not see you have a tv pa... well if you really want to push thru with your project, I will give you a new estimate including everything... just think carefully first! Before going for solar, it's always a good idea to try to use appliances less hungry on electricity like laptop instead of pc, led lights instead of cfl, 12 volts fans... and so on!

Last edited:
... computer - di ko alam Watts consumption nya eh pero yung power supply 500w - 8 hrs of use (minsan more than 8 hrs pa)
to help you with "Watts consumption"... please google "Omni Watt Reader", to see if you could buy one... the gadget is use to measure the actual consumption of your computer set (including monitor, speakers, modem, router and accesories)... available sa mga hardware chain outlets for less than 1K pesos.

No sorry, I didn't explain properly :punch:

It was an estimate just for your 2 fans, not included the computer, because 500 watt computer consumes a lot of battery especially if used at night; that's why I asked you if you use it at night or day time. So obviously everything will be used at night... which is a problem for your budget as you are going to need a lot of batteries (which are very expensive!)

So, I'm going to estimate first for your fans alone (assuming you buy dc fans) because if you can't afford to buy right now for the pc + 2 fans, at least if you can use solar for your fans you will still save a lot on your monthly bill... it will be 26.400 Kw/h less on your bill

1rst estimation for 2 fans in 12 volts 15 watts each (about 3000 pesos for the 2 fans):

battery 70 Ah (deep cycle)... don't know the price but maybe around 4000 pesos
150 watts solar panels (or 140 watt panel or 3x 50 watt panels or 2x 80 watt panel) cdr king, around 6700 pesos
1 Pwm controller 10 amperes around 1000 pesos

As the fans are in DC, you don't need an inverter!

2nd estimation for 2 dc fans + 500 watts computer, all running 6 hours at night

1 inverter pure sine wave 1000 watts 5000 pesos
600 Ah battery bank 36000 pesos
800 watts panels 60000 pesos
50 amp MPPT controller maybe around 12000 pesos (not sure of the price)

As you see this is a very big setup and it's a minimum (no backup power in case of heavy rain)... So before investing so much, I suggest you to consider changing your pc for a good laptop which will just consume less than 10% compare to your pc...

ooops... I did not see you have a tv pa... well if you really want to push thru with your project, I will give you a new estimate including everything... just think carefully first! Before going for solar, it's always a good idea to try to use appliances less hungry on electricity like laptop instead of pc, led lights instead of cfl, 12 volts fans... and so on!

WOW mamumulubi ako nito hahaahaha! Yung computer kase hindi talaga sya 500w yung consumption nya yung power supply nya lang kaya hanggang 500w nag search ako ng consumption ng mga destop computer 60-250 watts lang daw at yung monitor ko is usb lang 5v so nakakabit na sya sa System unit ko. May alam po ba kayo na Pang test ng power consumption try ko sa computer ko? baka kaya pang pababain preso sa taas hahahaha. bali gagawin ko muna tignan ko muna kung ilan watts nakakain ng PC ko sa isang oras para ma finalize na.

Ok na po kase sakin yung 2 12v fan at 1 PC. Tumingin tingin na din kase ako ng mga 12v fan mas mapapamura ng compare to DC. Yung tv ok lang na wala di naman madalas ginagamit yun pwede na sya sa meralco. Problema yung PC hahahaha masyadong mabigat pala.

SALAMAT Sir sa time ask na lang po ulit ako pag nakuha ko na yung power consumption ng PC ko.

- - - Updated - - -
TristanWS
Ok sir check ko po salamat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom