Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

ask ko lang details ng setup mo. Ilang hours mo nagagamit yung PC? Salamat

anu pong setup nyo? Ilang hours nyo po nagagamit yung PC?

I don't think that Sir Axisrave runs his desktop on solar... According to his post on Feb. 2015 (post #3426)

thank you po maam awinahe, and sir tristanWS, napagana ko na solar set up ko: (1) 100w solar panel from cdr king, controller 10amp/20amp, cdr king (1) motolite solar battery deep cycle 100ah, (4) 12volts dc fan cdr king, (4) 1.5 watts dc bulb...

The lithium ion question: WHAT'S THE FUTURE OF THE BATTERY TECHNOLOGY?

Technobubble: Building a Tesla Gigafactory
What's it like to build the biggest lithium-ion battery factory in the world? Here's footage of construction at the Tesla gigafactory site just east of Reno.
Watch Video: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/vide...a-tesla-gigafactory-watch-video/4215190123001

There are several reasons why lithium is used to power things like iPhones to a Tesla Model S. These include lithium's ability to store more energy and retaining as much of that energy even when the battery is not in use. "For the foreseeable future, we are going to be using lithium-ion batteries because of their high energy density," said Cengiz Ozkan, a mechanical engineering professor at the Materials Science and Engineering Department of the University of California, Riverside. Another key advantage is weight. Lithium is the lightest metal in the periodic table of elements. Weight is especially important for automobiles because it affects performance as well as driving range. "It's the third lightest element overall and you don't get a heck of a lot lighter than that. It's not impossible for someone to come up with a battery that uses a material with longer life but I don't think anyone is coming up with something that is lighter than lithium." Technologies that can potentially replace lithium-ion include zinc air and lithium air batteries.. More research is needed, however, before they can be ready for prime time, Ozkan said. Zinc air batteries, for example, can literally have explosive results from corrosion. Lithium-ion technology also can be further improved.

"We are seeing all kinds of advances in building lithium-ion batteries so they will continue to be very important in the next 25 to 50 years," Ozkan said.

Here are examples of the Tesla storage batteries for business (left) and homes (right) used by SolarCity as part of a pilot program.(Photo: SolarCity)
B9317179716Z.1_20150430155541_000_GGLALF80O.1-0.jpg

Read more:
http://www.rgj.com/story/money/busi...r-demand-lithium-battery-technology/26664541/

I assumed that the led was in 12 volts... because I suggested to have 12 volt bulbs to avoid inverter... but now I have a doubt :)
So Sir King, is your led in 12 volts??
Regarding the posting of basic solar setup, of course you can! This thread is made to help everybody!

Hi good afternoon po mam, yes mam 12 volts po yung mga led ko 1.5 watts sorry hindi ko nalagay sa pic yung description ng led light, napaisip lang ako ganyan set up dahil for charging purpose nadin, salamat sa suggestion nyo mam hanap ako ganyan sa cdrking or try ko mag diy.
later mam post ko yung sa slides upload ko lang muna.

Tanong lang po kasi nagtry ako e connect yung dalawang baterya na SM 100ah sa series tapos pag connect nung wire biglang nag spark ng malakas, yung thread nga ng terminal sa baterya may konting nasira dahil sa lakas, may kinakabit pa ba para hindi mag spark? Sa parallel naman ok lang.

Tanong lang po kasi nagtry ako e connect yung dalawang baterya na SM 100ah sa series tapos pag connect nung wire biglang nag spark ng malakas, yung thread nga ng terminal sa baterya may konting nasira dahil sa lakas, may kinakabit pa ba para hindi mag spark? Sa parallel naman ok lang.

I don't see any reason why it would spark in series and not in parallel... Maybe you touched something while connecting in series and it created a short...
Just a reminder: when connecting a battery always connect first the positive, when disconnecting, always disconnect first the negative and keep away metallic tools!

sir fleettkr... tanong ko lang... series connection ng dalawang baterya na SM 100ah, para maging 24V?... habang nagko-connect ka, meron ba naka-connect na load sa battery (example yung inverter or ang SCC?)... 24V input ba ang inverter mo?

bakit may spark?.. ito ang sabi ni mr google...

"the spark is from the fact that there is a load that is still active at that point. it could be many different things. as long as a circuit is completed, there is a potential for spark."

"Always disconnect Negative first and only disconnect or connect Positive cable when the Negative cable is disconnected! It is perfectly normal for the cable to spark when connected to the battery terminal as there is an in rush of electricity into the system."

Update on my experiment Laptop + alum battery

I first recharged my battery with 20 watt panel... starting voltage was 4.80. Let it plug to the pv the whole day because no sun, but still manage to get 12.05 volts after a night rest. Recharged it for 1/2 day yesterday (still no sun), voltage this morning, after one night rest 12.25...
Weather is cloudy but bright enough to keep my battery around 13.80 volts, so I decided to try it with my laptop and the dc-dc adapter from cdr king while charging...

Result = BSOD :weep:

First, it was ok when I started my laptop but when I plugged my modem stick, I got a blue screen of death, but my laptop did not shut down... the voltage of the battery was down to 9 and was oscillating between 9 and 10 volts...

The result of the analysis of my dump files was an error due to hardware, more likely problem in current supply...

First conclusion: my alum battery conversion is a success but not good for this project... With a sunny weather I think it should work better as the voltage should be higher and more steady even with the laptop plugged but as soon as there is a cloud, voltage will drop drastically and my laptop will be damaged!

second conclusion: I need to find a lead acid battery :lol:

ma'am TS... nafu-full charge pa ba ang nasirang built-in laptop battery pack?... am asking because i've observed (when using my Li-ion laptop powerbank) that the power consumption of the laptop is significantly less when the built-in battery pack is FULLY CHARGED.... why? because the power from the powerbank is no longer used to charge the built-in battery of the laptop... i noticed that it is only consuming about 19 watts if the built-in battery pack is full charged as compared to about 65 watts while charging and using at the same time... hoping that this TIP could help you design your DIY laptop external battery.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why it would spark in series and not in parallel... Maybe you touched something while connecting in series and it created a short...
Just a reminder: when connecting a battery always connect first the positive, when disconnecting, always disconnect first the negative and keep away metallic tools!
Madame kaya pala nag spark kasi yung dalawang neg at pos ang pinagkakabit ko :upset:

Why the Saudis Are Going Solar
by Jeffrey Ball, July/August 2015 issue
hero_wide_640.jpg

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, one of the big projects along the Red Sea coast. The multibillion-dollar campus has both a world-class solar-research lab and...

Article here: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/07/saudis-solar-energy/395315/

... ginagamit ang "oil" para pag-aralan ang "solar"... kaylan kaya magigising ang ating nagtutulog-tulugang gobyerno ng pilipinas?

May reliable kayo kilala nagbebenta ng psw inverter powerstar w7 torroidal 1000watts?

sir fleettkr... tanong ko lang... series connection ng dalawang baterya na SM 100ah, para maging 24V?... habang nagko-connect ka, meron ba naka-connect na load sa battery (example yung inverter or ang SCC?)... 24V input ba ang inverter mo?

bakit may spark?.. ito ang sabi ni mr google...

"the spark is from the fact that there is a load that is still active at that point. it could be many different things. as long as a circuit is completed, there is a potential for spark."

"Always disconnect Negative first and only disconnect or connect Positive cable when the Negative cable is disconnected! It is perfectly normal for the cable to spark when connected to the battery terminal as there is an in rush of electricity into the system."
Sir tristan, walang load ang baterya nag try lang kasi kung 24 volts ang lalabas sa tester kaso dalawang neg at pos ang kinabit ko kaya ayon nag spark.

ma'am TS... nafu-full charge pa ba ang nasirang built-in laptop battery pack?... am asking because i've observed (when using my Li-ion laptop powerbank) that the power consumption of the laptop is significantly less when the built-in battery pack is FULLY CHARGED.... why? because the power from the powerbank is no longer used to charge the built-in battery of the laptop... i noticed that it is only consuming about 19 watts if the built-in battery pack is full charged as compared to about 65 watts while charging and using at the same time... hoping that this TIP could help you design your DIY laptop external battery.

Yes my battery laptop was still fully charged... but I don't know if I will push thru with the idea of making an external battery out of them because I don't have the tools for... I think I will use them individually as small power banks for smartphones and I'm planning to buy a tablet so it can be useful also for it!

For now, I just added my new 20 watt panel to my existing 150 pv, but the 20 watt pv has his own switch, in case of too fast charging. The idea is to allow me to use my laptop the whole day on solar with still having my battery bank 100% fully charged at night even if it's rainy/cloudy. It's not rainy today, so I don't know if my theory will be ok in case of rain... will see! If not, I will have to buy a 24 Ah battery!

Update on my Alum bat:

After the failed attempt of using it with my laptop, I let it connected to my 20 watt pv the whole day yesterday while having a 300 watt cdr king inverter plugged with a small ceiling fan running... it run up to 4 pm, then I used the battery at night for 2 hrs for 2 watt 12 volts led bulb... this morning the battery voltage was 12.30! I'm very satisfied with this alum batt experiment, the only problem is that the batt was really too small (only 5 Ah)...

Sir tristan, walang load ang baterya nag try lang kasi kung 24 volts ang lalabas sa tester kaso dalawang neg at pos ang kinabit ko kaya ayon nag spark.
example-meter-battery-connection.jpg

The example above shows 2 batteries connected in series and how to connect meters to batteries in order to get a reading for each battery and also the reading for the 24V battery bank.

http://www.virtualsecrets.com/misc_imgs/example-meter-battery-connection.jpg
The example above shows 2 batteries connected in series and how to connect meters to batteries in order to get a reading for each battery and also the reading for the 24V battery bank.

Sir tristan ok lang ba setup na ganito

100watts pv
2x100ah battery naka parallel
Inverter 1500watts msw tapos palitan ko ng psw 1000 watts 12 volts
Wala ng SCC diretso na sa baterya kagaya kay madame TS
Tapos ang load ko lang ay 150 watts mga 4 o 3 hrs/day o gaano ba katagal ang 150 watts kung 100ah lang e draw mo?
Pwede po bang gamitan ng dc breaker yung positive side ng pv to battery at ilang amps po?
Salamat po sa sagot. :thumbsup:

Sir tristan ok lang ba setup na ganito

100watts pv
2x100ah battery naka parallel
Inverter 1500watts msw tapos palitan ko ng psw 1000 watts 12 volts
Wala ng SCC diretso na sa baterya kagaya kay madame TS
Tapos ang load ko lang ay 150 watts mga 4 o 3 hrs/day o gaano ba katagal ang 150 watts kung 100ah lang e draw mo?
Pwede po bang gamitan ng dc breaker yung positive side ng pv to battery at ilang amps po?
Salamat po sa sagot. :thumbsup:

1500 watts inverter is very big for just 150 watts appliance... if you have not yet bought your inverter I suggest you to buy a smaller one... even 1000 watts is big unless you plan to upgrade your setup later on.

A 100 Ah battery will last maybe 6 hrs at night, depends on the amperes of the inverter, but if you use your 150 watts in day time while charging, it can last more than 12 hours, depends on the weather.

the dc breaker should be put on the positive side of the battery between the inverter and the battery, the size of the breaker depends on the inverter and the load you plan, if only 150 watts load and 1500 watt inverter, it can be 50 amperes breaker.
Between the panels and the batteries you need to put a heavy duty switch.

You need to remember to check the voltage of your batteries with the multimeter, time to time, especially at around 11 am to 2 pm to make sure that the batts are not overcharging (please refer to the chart sa first page). It's better to use the batteries while charging when you don't use a controller...

You need to stop your panels at night (with the heavy duty switch) to avoid the electricity to go back to the panels, and turn on in the morning!

- - - Updated - - -

Weather info

there is a likelihood of a massive typhoon developing east of northern Philippines around July 4, 2015. This typhoon will skirt Luzon and go onto hit Taiwan on July 7, 2015. And after that it will move into mainland China in Fujian province on July 9.
95W will be a deadly typhoon which will have an expected central pressure of 960 Mb when it passes Luzon.

Still more than ten days to go. So the track we have outlined is certainly going to change.

http://tropicalcyclonelive.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
1500 watts inverter is very big for just 150 watts appliance... if you have not yet bought your inverter I suggest you to buy a smaller one... even 1000 watts is big unless you plan to upgrade your setup later on.

A 100 Ah battery will last maybe 6 hrs at night, depends on the amperes of the inverter, but if you use your 150 watts in day time while charging, it can last more than 12 hours, depends on the weather.

the dc breaker should be put on the positive side of the battery between the inverter and the battery, the size of the breaker depends on the inverter and the load you plan, if only 150 watts load and 1500 watt inverter, it can be 50 amperes breaker.
Between the panels and the batteries you need to put a heavy duty switch.

You need to remember to check the voltage of your batteries with the multimeter, time to time, especially at around 11 am to 2 pm to make sure that the batts are not overcharging (please refer to the chart sa first page). It's better to use the batteries while charging when you don't use a controller...

You need to stop your panels at night (with the heavy duty switch) to avoid the electricity to go back to the panels, and turn on in the morning!

- - - Updated - - -

Weather info

there is a likelihood of a massive typhoon developing east of northern Philippines around July 4, 2015. This typhoon will skirt Luzon and go onto hit Taiwan on July 7, 2015. And after that it will move into mainland China in Fujian province on July 9.
http://tropicalcyclonelive.blogspot.com/

Madame TS pwede po ba itong sa picture watt meter pang monitor sa battery maliban sa tester... Yung dc breaker pwede po ba itong nasa picture uli. Anong klase po bang breaker gagamitin yung mula pv to battery?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom