Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Nice to see you batt is ok na! But this must be a lesson for you: if your batt was in this state it was probably because you over used it so it had no time to recharge properly. My advice is to use it less or, if you can, add another battery! It's always better to have a lot more batteries than what we need.

You did not tell us what was the daily use of your battery and how many watts is your inverter...

I want to share here my experience about the "big" inverters and what happened to my 5 years and half SM batteries:

Few months back one of my 3 batteries (120 Ah) died, it was 5 years old and I did not expect it to last so long... so I was left with only 2 batteries. I have also a 1000 watt inverter PowerStar which, I assumed, used about 35 watts when running... Because I had only 2 batt left, I decided to buy a smaller inverter to see if I could save some power! I found a cheap chinese inverter/charger 300 watts (only 1200 pesos) brand Osini. I first tried with fans from different wattages and then with my laptop... everything worked fine so I use it as I was used to use my Powerstar. Amazingly, with only 2 batteries and my new 300 watt inverter, my consumption of battery was exactly the same than with 3 batteries! Using exactly the same appliances for the same number of hours my 2 batteries in the morning had the same voltage (12.50) than when I had 3 batteries and my 1000 watt inverter!! I never imagined, all these years, that my inverter was consuming 30% of my batteries!! So, if I had one advice to give it's don't oversize your inverter, it's really a waste of energy.

Now, what happened to my batteries? Well, after the first died (it was only 10.50 volts) I tried many things to revive it: charge it with high voltage and then low voltage, charge it high voltage only, charge it low voltage, drop it on cement to break sulfate... the voltage went down to 8.50 volts... so I decided that it was time to convert it to an alcaline battery! But my husband had an idea: he plugged the battery in his tricycle and run in rough road! His theory was to charge and shake in the same time. He did that about 30 minutes to one hour every day. After 1 week, I could not believe it, the voltage was 13.70 after a "run" and 12.36 after a night rest!!! One month later another of my 2 batteries left died... same voltage 10.50... same "remedy"... same new voltage: 12.36! So we put these 2 batteries together in parallel, connected to 150 watt panels, and I used them in day time only... we kept the only good battery left, connected to 70 watt panels, for the night... but maybe one month later my third battery died also... Same cure, same results! Now, as I don't have the budget to buy new batteries, we are still using our 3 batteries, connected to 220 watt panels... They are 5 years and half old and still give us plenty of electricity! I use them in daytime from 9 am to 4 pm (when sunny) and from 7 pm to 9 pm at night (which is 3 hours less than before) In the morning the voltage is always around 12.36 which is more than 50%... Just hope they will last few months pa so I can save to buy new ones :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem with people answering thru PM, if they want to... I am not a dictator :lol: it's just that the answer can benefit everybody so I often say to the people who pm me to better ask on the thread so they can have several answers from different people and it can be useful for other people.

eto po setup ko

1pc 250watts 30v mono panel
1pc epever 20amps tracer mppt
2pc 120AH solar master (yun 1 pc dun nasa 5volts na so deads na sya) kaya 1pc 120 AH battery lang working. binili ko yun 2nd batt ko after masira yun first batt last august lang.
1pc LW Star The same with your inverter. 1kW din.

ang ginagawa ko now nakatanggal po inverter kasi hindi ko naman ginagamit lately (maulan din kasi at kahit hindi naka-on yun inverter i know na nagcoconsume pa din sya ng battery kaya tinanggal ko muna) all DC load lang po ako. 4 pcs (3pc 8w +1pc 5w) open sya from around 7 or 8pm til 4am sa labas ng bahay. meron din 4rooms with 3pcs 9w + 1pc 7w (malimit lang gamitin siguro pag gabi lang at around 2hours max use a day lahat sa 4 rooms. plus 1pc DC 15w stand fan na ginagamit lang pag malakas ang init (around 13+amp charging power). computation ko in 1 day around 508watts or 43amps. full load na sya whole day(24hours). yun electric fan kasi nagagamit lang mga lunch time pag kakain or mid afternoon. jina jumble ko usage ko ng solar pag hindi mainit para hindi bumaba sa 50% yun battery.

P.S hindi po naka connect ang inverter ko sa battery para tipid sa battery.
P.S all connected thru Mppt charger load connection.

Last edited:
Sir Awinahe and Sir TristanWS!, cheers po ok na ulit battery ko! after charging without load for 2 days hindi na bumabagsak sa 12.4-12.6 nominal volts nya. umabot sa 14.7volts while charging without load.

mga sir ask ko lang din po. from 30v yun solar ko dumadaan po sya sa solar charge controller. tumataas po ba yun rated amps nya or the same? kasi rated amps ng 250 watts is 8.333 for 30v. pag binaba ba ng controller ko to 12v eh tataas ba yun 8.333 amps ko to 20.8 amps? curious question lang yan.

250 watts panel 30v. (12v system using mppt controller)

kung wala ka pambili mppt controller, gawa ka buck converter bago mo iconnect sa mumurahing controller

kung wala ka pambili mppt controller, gawa ka buck converter bago mo iconnect sa mumurahing controller

sir as stated on my previous replies. naka EPEVER tracer MPPT controller ako. pero thanks for the info kasi now lang ako nakabasa ng buck converter. thanks!

Last edited:
eto po setup ko

1pc 250watts 30v mono panel
1pc epever 20amps tracer mppt
2pc 120AH solar master (yun 1 pc dun nasa 5volts na so deads na sya) kaya 1pc 120 AH battery lang working. binili ko yun 2nd batt ko after masira yun first batt last august lang.
1pc LW Star The same with your inverter. 1kW din.

ang ginagawa ko now nakatanggal po inverter kasi hindi ko naman ginagamit lately (maulan din kasi at kahit hindi naka-on yun inverter i know na nagcoconsume pa din sya ng battery kaya tinanggal ko muna) all DC load lang po ako. 4 pcs (3pc 8w +1pc 5w) open sya from around 7 or 8pm til 4am sa labas ng bahay. meron din 4rooms with 3pcs 9w + 1pc 7w (malimit lang gamitin siguro pag gabi lang at around 2hours max use a day lahat sa 4 rooms. plus 1pc DC 15w stand fan na ginagamit lang pag malakas ang init (around 13+amp charging power). computation ko in 1 day around 508watts or 43amps. full load na sya whole day(24hours). yun electric fan kasi nagagamit lang mga lunch time pag kakain or mid afternoon. jina jumble ko usage ko ng solar pag hindi mainit para hindi bumaba sa 50% yun battery.

P.S hindi po naka connect ang inverter ko sa battery para tipid sa battery.
P.S all connected thru Mppt charger load connection.

Obviously you did not overused your battery and with 250 watts of panel + MPPT controller the battery should be charged with no problem... So I see 3 possibilities why you had a low bat: either your batt is defective or you have a short circuit somewhere or your wiring for your 12 volts bulbs is too small and too long. I notice with my 12 volts bulbs that the one the farthest from the batteries (only 1 watt) consumes more than the one (3 watts) more near. Each tome I turn on the 1 watt, I can see the voltage drops from the battery... I check for any short, chane the bulb but still the same so i think it's that because it's far from the battery bank (more than 10 meters). With 12 volts appliances it's important to have a big wire to avoid loss and overheating of the wire (even with small wattage bulbs).

Edit: I'm not very knowledgeable about controller (I don't use any!) but it seems to be many watts connected directly to it... Maybe you can check the manual of your controller

Last edited:
Obviously you did not overused your battery and with 250 watts of panel + MPPT controller the battery should be charged with no problem... So I see 3 possibilities why you had a low bat: either your batt is defective or you have a short circuit somewhere or your wiring for your 12 volts bulbs is too small and too long. I notice with my 12 volts bulbs that the one the farthest from the batteries (only 1 watt) consumes more than the one (3 watts) more near. Each tome I turn on the 1 watt, I can see the voltage drops from the battery... I check for any short, chane the bulb but still the same so i think it's that because it's far from the battery bank (more than 10 meters). With 12 volts appliances it's important to have a big wire to avoid loss and overheating of the wire (even with small wattage bulbs).

Edit: I'm not very knowledgeable about controller (I don't use any!) but it seems to be many watts connected directly to it... Maybe you can check the manual of your controller

mam feeling ko po dahil 3 months po na stuckup yun battery ko kaya nagsulfation ata? pero ok na sya ngayon. :) thanks po.

grabe po napa kaulap ngayun isang linggo na wala araw sa marinduque..
75% lang palagi ang battery ko 24Ah (ilaw lang po gamit ko 3- 3w led DC lights

grabe po napa kaulap ngayun isang linggo na wala araw sa marinduque..
75% lang palagi ang battery ko 24Ah (ilaw lang po gamit ko 3- 3w led DC lights
base on personal experience, dapat talaga may AC battery charger kapag may off-grid solar setup para sa kaso na ganyan... marami na akong nabasa sa internet na within 72 hours, dapat ma-full charge na si lead acid battery para hindi tumigas ang sulfates.

Mam Awinahe, Sir Tristan,

ask ko lang po!, 300w pure sine wave inverter kaya po ba paganahin yung 100w na fridge ko? mini fridge lang sya... im looking for 300watts pure sine wave sana para tipid lang sa battery as indicated dun sa last advise nyo mam sakin na grabe consumption ng 1kW inverter nyo

ask ko lang po!, 300w pure sine wave inverter kaya po ba paganahin yung 100w na fridge ko? mini fridge lang sya... im looking for 300watts pure sine wave sana para tipid lang sa battery as indicated dun sa last advise nyo mam sakin na grabe consumption ng 1kW inverter nyo
Ang dapat mong tingnan sa pag-bili ng inverter ay ang specs na PEAK or SURGE rating at ang CONTINUOUS rating. Kung refrigerator, dapat malaman mo ang startup surge niya (google Omni Watt Reader), para malaman mo kung kaya siya suplayan ng inverter (usually few seconds to few minutes). Mag-be-beep muna ang inverter at kung hindi kaya mag-a-auto OFF na ang inverter. Yung cheapy inverter, walang surge rating... yung expensive, 3X ng continuous rating ang SURGE.

Last edited:
Just Sharing lang po...

Attachments

• REC TWIN PEAK.jpg
    REC TWIN PEAK.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 36

Tama si Tristan... usually the surge is 3 times the continuous rating... in theory! It's often more... it depends if your ref is recent or not. Mine is already 5 years old (or maybe 6 na!) it's a double door 100 watts but my 300 watt inverter cannot run it... You need a lot of batteries to run 24 hrs/day a ref... even a 100 watt ref!

Canadian Solar Panel 5BB Mono

- - - Updated - - -

Tracer mppt scc

Attachments

• canadian solar.jpg
    canadian solar.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 2
  • canadian solar specs.jpg
    canadian solar specs.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 5
  • MPPT.jpg
    MPPT.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
Rec twin peak2

Attachments

• tp2.jpg
    tp2.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 4
  • tp2a.jpg
    tp2a.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 10
ask lng po, ok lng ba ang brand na cdrking for panels, battery, SCC, inverter for small setup of 100watts? tnx

Back
Top Bottom