Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Let's Talk About Operating Systems

Which OS is best for desktop computers?

• Windows

Votes: 499 79.6%
  • GNU/Linux distros

Votes: 99 15.8%
  • MacOS

Votes: 25 4.0%
  • BSD

Votes: 4 0.6%

• Total voters
Re: Let's Talk Operating Systems

I'm not sure. But if I'm away from my PC, I just get my uploaded files from their site. As long as the machine I'm using has Internet connection I can easily access my files, it's just like checking email. :)

Here's my Unity Desktop on Ubuntu Linux.

thats exactly my ubuntu's desktop

Use DROPBOX for clouding comp and for remote desktop use TEAM VIEWER. This apps will run with proxy(usurf) in linux..:)

im using windows right now.. as define by the majority,its the most user-friendly OS..
i already tried some of linux distros like ubuntu and pardus but can anyone here tell me how can i use VPN(HSS) on any linux ditro(particularly mint or ubuntu)?
if i can only use VPN on it, im gonna switch on linux.. im so curious bowt linux.. can somebody help me? :help:

im using windows right now.. as define by the majority,its the most user-friendly OS..
i already tried some of linux distros like ubuntu and pardus but can anyone here tell me how can i use VPN(HSS) on any linux ditro(particularly mint or ubuntu)?
if i can only use VPN on it, im gonna switch on linux.. im so curious bowt linux.. can somebody help me? :help:

most people would say windows is user-friendly, coz it's the only OS they've ever tried. If they'd try Ubuntu I'm sure most of them would change their minds.

So far I haven't figure out how to setup VPN in my Ubuntu, but there's a thread here with a tutorial on that, here's the link:

www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=579434&highlight=OpenVPN+UBuntu

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=261361&highlight=OpenVPN+UBuntu

For now, I'm using usurf, it's quite fast naman.

Use DROPBOX for clouding comp and for remote desktop use TEAM VIEWER. This apps will run with proxy(usurf) in linux..:)

Okay thanks! Am gonna try that one.

Hi! A virtual private network (VPN) is a secure way of connecting to a private Local Area Network at a remote location using the Internet. In short a wireless LAN...Is this your purpose for your VPN or just a free net? If for free net just use ultra surf then linux is ready to hug that apps...:)

Hi! A virtual private network (VPN) is a secure way of connecting to a private Local Area Network at a remote location using the Internet. In short a wireless LAN...Is this your purpose for your VPN or just a free net? If for free net just use ultra surf then linux is ready to hug that apps...:)

Just for free net, they say it's much faster that's why I wanna try it. Well, guess I'll have to stick with usurf then.

Just for free net, they say it's much faster that's why I wanna try it. Well, guess I'll have to stick with usurf then.

Hi press! how are you? Do you have some new inputs about you or your distro? How come you have some idea about BOB DYLAN(singer)?:)

Hi press! how are you? Do you have some new inputs about you or your distro? How come you have some idea about BOB DYLAN(singer)?:)

Am tired, am about to sleep na, i just waited for a download to finish. As for Ubuntu, I'm excited about the next LTS this April. Name palang, I'm sure bagay na sa akin. It's Precise Pangolin. :lol:

On Bob Dylan? Actually I wasn't a fan of him before. Then I happened to search for the the greatest song of all time and one of the result was The Rolling Stone Magazine 500 Greatest Songs of ALL TIME, in which Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" is the number one song. So I decided to download his songs and I liked it. I love his music.

Why, are you a fan?

I'll probably read your response tomorrow, coz I'm super sleepy now.:)

Goodnight. :pray:

Last edited:

Am tired, am about to sleep na, i just waited for a download to finish. As for Ubuntu, I'm excited about the next LTS this April. Name palang, I'm sure bagay na sa akin. It's Precise Pangolin. :lol:

On Bob Dylan? Actually I wasn't a fan of him before. Then I happened to search for the the greatest song of all time and one of the result was The Rolling Stone Magazine 500 Greatest Songs of ALL TIME, in which Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" is the number one song. So I decided to download his songs and I liked it. I love his music.

Why, are you a fan?

I'll probably read your response tomorrow, coz I'm super sleepy now.:)

Goodnight. :pray:

Goodnight

Last edited:

most people would say windows is user-friendly, coz it's the only OS they've ever tried. If they'd try Ubuntu I'm sure most of them would change their minds.

So far I haven't figure out how to setup VPN in my Ubuntu, but there's a thread here with a tutorial on that, here's the link:

www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=579434&highlight=OpenVPN+UBuntu

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=261361&highlight=OpenVPN+UBuntu

For now, I'm using usurf, it's quite fast naman.

thanks for the links ma'am.. are there no other pre-requisites of installing/uisng usurf on ubuntu?

yes, i really can't afford to pay GLOBE or SMART to surf on the web daily.. but niweiz,ill try using usurf.. thanks 4 d rep man.. :)

hi sir, can i dual boot windows 7 and mint?

I think you can. But if you wanna do that, make sure you install Windows first, because Windows does not detect by default existing OS, so pag mauna Linux, iwiwipe out lang ni Windows. Pero pag nauna si Windows, you can install Ubuntu or Mint, coz it would detect that Windows is existing and it will provide you an option whether to replace Windows or to install Linux side by side with Windows, thus the dual boot.

thanks for the links ma'am.. are there no other pre-requisites of installing/uisng usurf on ubuntu?

For usurf to run with Ubuntu, you need to install wine and to download some DLLs. I'll attach it later when I get home.

xp truefaster user hir..
so far mabilis eto gamitin ,wala pa nman ako naencounter na problem using this

hi sir, can i dual boot windows 7 and mint?

hello! Yap you can install mint back to back with windows. Precilla was correct just follow her instruction posted earlier.

If you play lots of games you need to have windows cause some nice games(dotA) will not play well on linux.

If you install linux mint make sure to install wine. this apps will holds all your window apps. Like usurf(window app) will not run without wine.

just download msvcp60.dll and mfc42.dll. Mix this files with your ultrasurf exe.

Why pay if there's a free net..I'm also using usurf on my mint 12.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom