Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Let's Talk About Operating Systems

Which OS is best for desktop computers?

• Windows

Votes: 499 79.6%
  • GNU/Linux distros

Votes: 99 15.8%
  • MacOS

Votes: 25 4.0%
  • BSD

Votes: 4 0.6%

• Total voters
Re: Let's Talk Operating Systems

talking about backup. I used DROPBOX (clouding). No matter what distruction you incountered your data are still intact.,,:)

Hello again, good day to you! I've tried cloud computing before and now I'm using Ubuntu One (for my photos and music), but the free account storage capacity is not enough for my data, my movie collection alone is about 200GB :lol: It's a really huge collection.

I'm planning to buy an HD, my friend's gonna buy it for me, that's what he said, well, I hope he does. :pray:

Although I can try it now with my VBox but I still have to clear out some data and I really can't afford to lose any of my data right now.

dumodugo ang ilong ko tuwing binabasa ko mga post nyo dito :chair: hehe nice discussion thread na lang maisasagot ko :slap:

:lol: Well thank you! Ano OS gamit mo?

Hello again, good day to you! I've tried cloud computing before and now I'm using Ubuntu One (for my photos and music), but the free account storage capacity is not enough for my data, my movie collection alone is about 200GB :lol: It's a really huge collection.

I'm planning to buy an HD, my friend's gonna buy it for me, that's what he said, well, I hope he does. :pray:

Although I can try it now with my VBox but I still have to clear out some data and I really can't afford to lose any of my data right now.

Hello!, :)how did you configure your ubuntu one using proxy?

this is my MINT

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2012-03-09 19:17:06.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-09 19:17:06.png
    804.7 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:24:29.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:24:29.png
    601.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:29:18.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:29:18.png
    803.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:38:07.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-09 23:38:07.png
    917.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot at 2012-03-10 14:17:49.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-10 14:17:49.png
    774.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot at 2012-03-10 19:33:57.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-10 19:33:57.png
    666.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Hello!, :)how did you configure your ubuntu one using proxy?

I already had an Ubuntu One account before I used usurf, so I didn't have to configure it. I had a 24-month contract with SmartBro before, 999/month.

this is my MINT

Wow! Cool desktop, I love the background, gnome 3 yan? I'm using Unity desktop on my Ubuntu. I'll try to take screenshots for you.

I already had an Ubuntu One account before I used usurf, so I didn't have to configure it. I had a 24-month contract with SmartBro before, 999/month.

but i think ubuntu one will not work with proxy(usurf)..:)

but i think ubuntu one will not work with proxy(usurf)..:)

I'm not sure. But if I'm away from my PC, I just get my uploaded files from their site. As long as the machine I'm using has Internet connection I can easily access my files, it's just like checking email. :)

Here's my Unity Desktop on Ubuntu Linux.

Attachments

• dual2.png
    dual2.png
    650.9 KB · Views: 81
  • my_unity_desktop.png
    my_unity_desktop.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • unity dash.png
    unity dash.png
    879.8 KB · Views: 83
  • u.png
    u.png
    465.5 KB · Views: 76

I'm not sure. But if I'm away from my PC, I just get my uploaded files from their site. As long as the machine I'm using has Internet connection I can easily access my files, it's just like checking email. :)

Here's my Unity Desktop on Ubuntu Linux.

Nice! I think we have the same choose of color(the same type). Look at your background color combination. Its all most the same compare to my background.:)

Nice! I think we have the same choose of color(the same type). Look at your background color combination. Its all most the same compare to my background.:)

Yeah, maybe we have the same eye when it comes to color and shades...:lol: But mine is a little darker than yours but we both tend to like green and earthly colors.

When I look at the poll parang wala ata nag vote sa GNU/Linux. Cast my vote to them. LOL

We'll para saken, I've been using Ubuntu since 9.04. So far I don't have anything to say. I don't think of threat lalo na sa mga viruses. Secure yong system. Always updated. And most of all it's free.

I know someone in here would say na daming problem daw at buggy. It's just that it's evolving due to many developers share and add new ideas. :) I'm always happy nga every time I $ sudo apt-get update, $ sudo apt-get upgrade may result ako. Kasi it means may new feature at may bago sa software.

In fact Linux Systems were flexible. And more generic. One thing na nagustohan ko is one instance ng software mo na naka.install once upgraded cya yong latest version lang ang manatili. Unlike other OSes, installing v1, v3.5 and v4 shall be installed, pwede bang yong v4 nalang, e di daw pwede.

Other thing is the community, dami kang matutunan sa mga forums, you can meet people out there with the same likes of yours.

Wow! Thank you! Glad I've met another Ubuntu user here. I thought dalawa lang kami ni jer. :)

I do agree with all your statements. Linux is free, secure and fast. There are bugs from time to time but that only means the Linux community and developers are trying new things to make it the best OS there is.

And yes I love the Community too. I am advocating free and open source software. I seldom use proprietary software anymore unless its really necessary.

What's your Ubuntu version? I'm using 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot. Can't wait for the version 12.04 LTS next month!!!:yipee:

windows xp for me.......

Hi,

I'm currently using the super lightweight LXDE, because that's the only OS that I can run(smooth or barely smooth) on my Pentium III CPu with 256 RAM :) Haven't tried Oneiric yet. Will try if i can back up my important files. What I love about Ubuntu/Linux distro is that it is fast, for me it is user friendly. Everything works out of the box (for my system) With free software you never needed to crack or install a non-virus free application :) My system also experience hiccups when opening lots of Tab while browsing and add to that while opening Games or other application.

So far I'm happy with it. Games is not a deal breaker for me because of limited system resource. I like it because it's free and I can also use the openVPN application :D Yey!

So there I'll vote for Linux

Last edited:

Yey. Linux is freedom! Complete computer freedom!:yipee:

Actually, there's a sticky thread in here about Linux. You can visit it from time to time. :) You are welcome in there.

Yes, I can't wait for Precise Pangolin, Expect for some innovations. I've been reading new letters and updates of this upcoming release. Can't wait. Am already made some inventories and plans for my upgrade this April. Hahahaha. soo excited. Lol...

By the way you might want to know about Ubuntu for Android, that's one hell of a topic nowadays. I wanna have a smartphone... Lol....

Don't have a smartphone either :weep:

I've found a Linux users group here and joined. I'll try to search for that sticky thread you're referring to.

Hello there.pasali din.ubuntu user.LTS ang gusto kong version cause it has a long period of support.pero ok din ung regular release.I'm using natty right now cause i miss the classic gnome interface.nahihilo ako sa unity lol.hintay ko release ng pangolin.madami din akong tropang na convert sa linux.ayun mas maalam pa sila ngayon sakin.one thing i hate is configuring the games that i want to play and want to try.everything else is well.nice thread u got here.ung thread na sinasabi ni hakuna ung pinakaunang thread dito sa section na to.well gud day.

Wow! Thank you! Glad I've met another Ubuntu user here. I thought dalawa lang kami ni jer. :)

I do agree with all your statements. Linux is free, secure and fast. There are bugs from time to time but that only means the Linux community and developers are trying new things to make it the best OS there is.

And yes I love the Community too. I am advocating free and open source software. I seldom use proprietary software anymore unless its really necessary.

What's your Ubuntu version? I'm using 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot. Can't wait for the version 12.04 LTS next month!!!:yipee:

Thank you for your recognition of my presence in this thread!!!:)

This is mint 12 with pure GNOME 3 settings. A simple top panel and all notification icons will be visible at the bottom if only you hover your mouse at the extreme bottom right of your screen. Its really a neat desktop..:)

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2012-03-11 13:30:17.png
    Screenshot at 2012-03-11 13:30:17.png
    734.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom