Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Samsung Corby 2 GT-S3850 QWERTY firmware

tanung lang hu ? bakit ganun ayaw magintall ng phone ko sa windows cannot install the hardware bakit po ganun ung lumalabas may prob po ba sa phone ko.... paki'sagot nman po !! salamat !!

bat skin dko pa gnagawa meron na sia ganito pag nilalandscape mode ko..,nu ba pinagkaiba nito sa qwerty at ung stock na keypad pag nagttex..,

sir eto po yung nasa screen eh.. .help?

EDIT:

wala pong xte or xto..cyo meron. .haha wala ding i uupgrade na firmware..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys..a newbie here would like to contribute something that might work as a work around.

For those people like me: who got a "not supported by KIES" error previously, I had done my best to resolve the issue and now, by God given grace, I have an updated-from-kies samsung corby 2 with the infamous QWERTY keypad.

I might not be able to post some screenies, but I'll do my best in writing these detailes instructions on what I did.

Step 1. I followed the steps for flashing on this same symbianize link(thanks to suicune24 for it) :

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=558210&highlight=samsung+corby+qwerty

Note: Instead of using the European firmware, I used the Asian Firmware that can be found on this link:

http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s3850.htm

You need to register(its for free) to download the one on 2011 April

PASSWORD:samfirmware.com

Note: You might be shocked that its appears to be an INDIAN firmware but continue anyway

Step 2. Once done with the Flashing/Upgrading, kindly follow the steps on this page to change the CSC(thanks to rein214):

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=638102&highlight=samsung+corby+qwerty

It will appear as KOR; and when you first connect it to KIES, it will say it still not supported, so upon following those steps above in changing the CSC, kindly change it from KOR to NPL

Step 3. The phone will automatically reboot of course after changing CSC, and once done kindly connect your phone to Samsung KIES - and to your amazement(and mine as well) the phone is detected by KIES and when I first saw it, its says NEW FIRMWARE IS AVAILABLE.

Step 4. Update your phone in KIES like it you normally do, (as mentioned on the 2 links above) and once the update is done, kindly reboot your phone and try to check when you compose a message, SURPRISE, there's a landscape mode and you can avail of the much awaited QWERTY for samsung corby 2.

I fervently hope this works as a work around for those who cannot update through KIES and avail of the Firmware with a QWERTY feature --- ~~~Godspeed~~~

P.S. - If I am breaking any rules in posting links..i do apologize..its just that i'm was excitedly willing to help out :)

how to change KOR TO NPL I dont understand

Thanks TS! It's working! Just upgraded my Corby 2's FW.. Salamat.. :praise:

after nang first na update TS bgla nag not responding..
My sulosyon BA?

NOTE: DI N AKO GUMAMIT NG SAMSUNG KIES
100% na ngawa ko gawin lng step-by-step

1. DOWNLOAD ARABIC FIRMWARE
2. DOWNLOAD MULTI-LOADER
4. EXTRACT NYU UNG DINAWNLAOD NYUNG FIRMWARE
5. OPEN MULTI-LOADER
6. CHECK BRCM2133
CHECK FULLDOWNLOAD
6. BROWSE NYU YUNG INEXTRACT NYU KANINA
CLICK BOOT select BOOTFILE
CLICK Apps select apps_compressed.bin
CLICK Rsrc1 select Rsrc_S3850_Open_Arabic_Common_OJP.rc1
CLICK Rsrc2 select Rsrc2_S3850(Low).rc2
CLICK FACTORY FS select FactoryFs_S3850_Open_Arabic_Common_OJP.ffs
CLICK CSC select CSC_S3850_Open_Arabic_Common_OJP.csc
CLICK SHP APP select ShpApp.app
AND THE REST LEAVE IT BLANK
7. THEN CLICK PORT SEARCH
8.then Off mo po yung Cp mo..
Hold Volume down + Dial + Power button then sasakmo na po yung usb cord to cpu and wait for 2-5mins bago gawin ang STEP 9

9. CLICK DOWNLOAD
WAIT TO FINISH DOWNLOADING THEN YOUR CELLPHONE MUST AUTO RESTART.

THEN CHANGE UR PHONE FROM KOR
1. ON KEYPAD TYPE *#5239870*#

2. Select Pre-configuration
3. Enter *#27236*#
4. Select JED and press Install
5. Phone will restart

Working pa ba tong thread?

Mula sa mga info na nabasa dito, search ko sa goole yung S3850DXKK1. May nakita ako sa: http://www.mediafire.com/?aze1a3faohsecfl This is a complete Asian firmware and automatic ang installation ng internet profiles from our country's network operators using this after reset.

Download ko firmware na 'to then flash my phone using Multiloader v5.65.. Change CSC to XTC (info on how to, is also at the beginning of the thread). After magrestart ng phone ko, connect ko sa KIES and it says

This is the latest firmware. -> S3850DXKK1/S3850OLBKH1 (XTC)

And now, it is being detected successfully by Kies.. :excited:

Edit: Nga pala, at first hindi ako makapagflash. Multiloader's complaining about "serial port connection error" or something.. It's because kies running at the same time while I'm trying to flash my phone. Just terminate Kies for the time being then continue to flash. For info on how to, just email me or search for it here at symbianize, someone's probably did the same na rin.

Edit: the FFS file included in the new firmware seems older and doesn't comply with the PFS included here (some settings are not found). I replaced the FFS file with the one I used before and did flash again. It is okay now and can still be detected.. :dance::lol::dance:

Link for the ffs: http://www.4shared.com/file/bMIWaDme/S3850_DXKC3_OLBKC3_all.htm

Attachments

• GT-S3850.jpg
    GT-S3850.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 16
  • QWERTY.jpg
    QWERTY.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Common Memory.jpg
    Common Memory.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 5
  • CSC Pre-configuration.jpg
    CSC Pre-configuration.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
bat ganun,,

nung matapos na yung downloading,

dun na tumagal.. yung processing update?

hanggang dun nalang

:noidea:

EDIT:

bat ganun ayaw nyang magupgrade plsss paturo naman:noidea:

Thru kies ka ba nag-update? Di rin working yung update thru kies dati sa akin eh, ewan ko lang ngayon. Di ko pa natry dun..
Hanap na lang kayo ng rar o zip na firmware dito sa symbianize. Lahat yon working. Matagal talaga sa kies. Ang gagawin nyo na lang eh iunzip tapos gamit kayo ng multiloader at lagay nio un na unzip na laman sa tamang folder o whatever na hinihingi ng multiloader. hope it will help.

Working pa ba tong thread?

Mula sa mga info na nabasa dito, search ko sa goole yung S3850DXKK1. May nakita ako sa: http://www.mediafire.com/?aze1a3faohsecfl This is a complete Asian firmware and automatic ang installation ng internet profiles from our country's network operators using this after reset.

Download ko firmware na 'to then flash my phone using Multiloader v5.65.. Change CSC to XTC (info on how to, is also at the beginning of the thread). After magrestart ng phone ko, connect ko sa KIES and it says

This is the latest firmware. -> S3850DXKK1/S3850OLBKH1 (XTC)

And now, it is being detected successfully by Kies.. :excited:

Edit: Nga pala, at first hindi ako makapagflash. Multiloader's complaining about "serial port connection error" or something.. It's because kies running at the same time while I'm trying to flash my phone. Just terminate Kies for the time being then continue to flash. For info on how to, just email me or search for it here at symbianize, someone's probably did the same na rin.

Edit: the FFS file included in the new firmware seems older and doesn't comply with the PFS included here (some settings are not found). I replaced the FFS file with the one I used before and did flash again. It is okay now and can still be detected.. :dance::lol::dance:

nasira phone ko dhl dito

Hanap na lang kayo ng rar o zip na firmware dito sa symbianize. Lahat yon working. Matagal talaga sa kies. Ang gagawin nyo na lang eh iunzip tapos gamit kayo ng multiloader at lagay nio un na unzip na laman sa tamang folder o whatever na hinihingi ng multiloader. hope it will help.

yep! that is what I did, pero yung latest firmware na nadownload ko, I had to mix ffs from an older firmware to work.

nasira phone ko dhl dito

What exactly did you do? :help: I'd gladly help since this was my post.. Tried it multiple times, never did anything wrong with mine.. Yung nga lang, ibang ffs yung nakalagay dun sa nakalagay na link.. And if you read carefully, I explicitly wrote to ask for an instruction or search here first at symbianize.. Tell me your email address, and I'll prepare the files for you and send those to you WITH instructions on how I did it.. Hirap idownload nung mga firmwares thru anywhere. I also bricked my phone once (trying different firmwares from different countries), I just reflashed it (my mistake, i checked Master ROM:upset::rofl:)..

grabeh...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! succesful na yung firmware upgrade ko.. tumaas pa yung phone memory ko.. yeah!!!! dami ako maiinstall...

What exactly did you do? :help: I'd gladly help since this was my post.. Tried it multiple times, never did anything wrong with mine.. Yung nga lang, ibang ffs yung nakalagay dun sa nakalagay na link.. And if you read carefully, I explicitly wrote to ask for an instruction or search here first at symbianize.. Tell me your email address, and I'll prepare the files for you and send those to you WITH instructions on how I did it.. Hirap idownload nung mga firmwares thru anywhere. I also bricked my phone once (trying different firmwares from different countries), I just reflashed it (my mistake, i checked Master ROM:upset::rofl:)..

ok na sir..hehe.. inulit ko lang.. hnd ko lang inexpect na mawawala contacts..haha

Back
Top Bottom