Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Starmobile ASTRA - Root and CWM based Recovery

Thanks sa tut na to, It's my first time rooting a phone and it went fine. Thanks sa comprehensible na tut.

Anyone who had successfully tried using vpn in Astra? Kaya ba kahit naka dual sim? Thanks!

Gonna try this rooting procedure for myphone a818 slim tomorrow afternoon this unit has mediatek6575 I think and is a rebranded istyle4.i'll post my feedback afterwards.thanks for this AND MORE POWER TO YOU!! :D

guys tanong lang upgradable ba ang astra sa jelly bean may nagsabi kasi sa isang thread ko tnatanong ko kasi about dito e ang sagot kelangan daw rooted so nakita ko tong thread ni dre
so ngaun nagtatanong po ako if possible po bang e upgrade po eto salamat mga dre

Halos lahat ng android phones ngayon na rebranded dito sa pinas (MP,CM,SM) e Mediatek ang Chipset. Ayon sa site ng Mediatek, wala pang update sa Jelly Bean ang mga phones na powered ng Chipset nila. ICS parin ang latest version nila. Hintay hintay lng dre.

no such luck for myphone a818 slim via root with restore by bin4ry and superoneclick v2.3.3

Hi Everyone!

A month ago, I had rooted my Starmobile Astra and it was successful. Two days ago, I found out that you can swap the phone storage and the sdcard, which I did successfully. I'd like to use DroidVPN on my phone but it won't allow to successfully install the tun.ko... i decided to fully unroot my phone using the SuperSU but it was not successful. I then reset my phone thru android "settings". When I restarted it, i just got boot loop. Over time, I manage to bring my phone back but my wifi couldn't connect even to unsecured networks. I have tried so many things and it get to a point that my phone was stuck in Starmobile logo screen.

I decided to try my luck flashing the ROM using custome rom from i-mobile q2 duo. And guess what? It went just fine. My phone is now fully working and can connect to wifi with no problems.

I have learned a lot of things with this experience and I'm happy to say that I'm glad I had experience it. For those people who are in the same situation where you get boot loop or stuck with Starmobile starup screen and had rooted their phone using the instruction on page 1 of this thread, just follow these steps:

1. Download and save the custom rom for i-mobile-q2duo located on page 15 of this thread as posted by @onesaviour (http://d-h.st/Dfs)
2. Access CWM Recovery by holding the "power button + volume up"
3. Choose "mounts and storage" > mount USB storage (do not leave from that screen, else you'll unmount it)
4. Connect your phone to your computer. Your computer should recognize one of your phone storage.
5. Copy and paste the "i-mobile-q2duo_v22_r2.2.zip" to your phone storage. Do not unzip it.
6. Once done, on you phone, go back to the main screen of CWM Recovery by chooing "Go Back".
7. Choose "install zip from sdcard", then select "choose zip from sdcard" and locate the "i-mobile-q2duo_v22_r2.2.zip". It will now begin flashing your rom. Please do not interrupt the process.
8. Once done, go back to the main screen of your CWM Recovery and choose "reboot system" now.
9. You'll notice that your startup screen will have "i-mobile" instead of Starmobile. It is because the rom was from i-mobile based in Thailand. But that is just fine.
10. You'll also notice that LEDs are constantly lit up. You can turn it off in "Settings" > "Display"
11. Enjoy your newly revived phone! :))

Sidenotes: baka po meron kayong ROM na yung startup screen logo is from Starmobile at yung Model is Starmobile Astra kapag in-access yung "About Phone" under "Settings". Pa-upload naman please... thanks! :))

@bealac, eto pala yung sinasabi mo... di ko gets kasi baguhan lang ako sa mga ganitong bagay. first android phone ko kc tong Astra at ngayon lang ako nangalingot ng Android OS.... :))

:praise: :dance: :excited: :thumbsup:

thats the beauty of CWM...

dati sa Alcatel 918N ko, kung ano anu ang ginagawa ko sa kanya. naka ilang bootloop sya pero wala akong kaba kasi andyan si CWM. as long na may ROM kayong nakatago na compatible sa CWM, kayang kaya buhayin ni CWM ang phone mo... hehehe

I-CWM ko na rin kaya si Astra ko... hehehe

Guys! Do you want this stock battery icon for our Astra?

SOON. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-31.png
    415 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Bakit po ganun ? parang na stuck po dun sa checking usb debugging mode now yung after ma enter nung 1 ? 30 mins na po dun HELP naman po gusto ko na po talaga iroot eh

I was AWAY for long so was not able to see those folks with problems.

First as I mentioned in the first POST: If you have FLASHED CWM or Clockwork MOD Recovery, PLEASE DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE UNDER SETTINGS - SECURITY, please read the FIRST POST thoroughly and completely, I have been improving the posts there so that all can SAFELY root their ASTRA.

For those who wants to UNROOT, why????
But if you still want to, TRY the UNROOT PROCEDURE inside SUPERSU app. I have not tried that myself coz once im rooted I see no reason for me to go back. BUT MY ASTRA did went back to being unrooted, here is what happened:
1. I got into a bootloop because i flashed a Corrupted Logo.bin (this is the file that displays the STARMOBILE ASTRA at the start)
2. I removed the battery for a long time (more than 30 minutes, so as not to get worried I played one game of dota online, hehehe) and reinserted it. Still NO LUCK, it still bootloops (ALTHOUGH sometimes this PROCEDURE of removing the battery will remove also the BOOTLOOP and will wonders of wonders NORMAL BOOT your ASTRA).
3. Since walways bootloop, I had no choice but to flash the ROM from Imobile. Here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/hU59X_X0/firmware_i_style_q2_duo_v22.html
4. I flashed EVERYTHING, and then my ASTRA was alive NOW BUT IT IS NOW IMOBILE and NOT STARMOBILE and it is NOT, i repeat NOT ROOTED.
5. Since I didnt like the Imobile ROM, I went to CWM recovery to RESTORE my previously SAVED BACKUP while it was still on STARMOBILE ROM.
6. After RESTORE my ASTRA is now back to STARMOBILE.

Hope this experience HELPS those of you who are experiencing BOOTLOOPS. and please READ READ READ before doing anything. For NOW the ASTRA can be restored but who KNOWS what YOU might do next with it. Remember FLASHING is very dangerous to the health of your phone but sometimes IT IS THE ONLY WAY to REVIVE your phone ALSO.

Merry Christmas.....
To those still UNDECIDED on what to buy for themselves with too many choices for cheap phones, heres my recommendation:

1. Cherry Mobile Flare - for its UNBELIEVABLE PRICE (sulit na sulit)
2. Starmobile ASTRA - for everything, PLUS the TV.
3. Cloudfone 430x - for the battery life (beaten by the ASTRA coz it has no TV and with the proce difference I can buy another batt for the astra)
4. Myphone A919 - for the screen size (although I am not a fan of large screen sizes, I came from a 7" tab and i got fed up with its size)

and FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ROOT on the FIRST TRY.

try switching to another PC or Laptop and repeat the procedure. Some PC have software that may conflict with ADB, driver installation, etc. so try another PC, it will work.

paanu po ba mag unroot dito po ?

anyhow gusto ko sanang e unroot to bago ko to isauli sa shop na pinagbilhan ko nagkakaprob kasi ang touchscreen ayaw ma press ang "K" and "O"
tapos ang back button ayaw din gumana

Last edited:
is CWM recovery compatible with mylphone a848i duo? :pray:

reply naman dyan! :D

Last edited:
Custom ROM Based on I Mobile I Style Q2 Duo V.22

- ICS Stock Battery Icon
- Starmobile Boot Animation

Instructions:

1. Download the file below.
2. Put the Zip to SD Card.
3. Boot to CWM Recovery
4. Wipe Cache Partition and Reset to Factory Settings
5. Flash the zip file from your sd card.
6. Reboot Phone.
7. The Default Language is not English so change it anyway.

If the phone does not recognize root access, redo the rooting instructions found in the First Page of this Thread by Paul Pacs.

Caution: Do it at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any bricked device, I'm only sharing what I have.

Astra Custom ROM link: http://d-h.st/msa

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-31.png
    415 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-57.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-18-57.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-19-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-03-19-11.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
help pls.. cant open the recovery img file on cwm recovery?
ito yong lumalabas na error pag nadownload na:

ERROR: internal error processing iso image.

wala pong laman yong recovery.img file.

hello mga ka'sym. astra user here..kakabili ko lang tom.
ask ko lang if pg'nka charge po pa si astra ee hindi nyo mgamit??

tnx po sa sasagot... :)

Thanks for the info for swapping memory.. tried and tested on myphone a848 MTK6575.. hope mapagana ko din ung ram expander sa myphone ko . may custom rom na po ba para sa a848. thanks and God bless more power po!

mga sir pwede paki bigay nman yung guide kung paano mag SWAPPING PHONE STORAGE WITH SDCARD STORAGE? di ma basa eh.. lalo na sa link na binigay.. d na maopen kasi.. dead link yata... thanks in advance....:pray:

Ever had a problem with your Android smartphone on MTK MTK6573/MTK6575/MTK6577 CPU that application is only downloading to the phone storage and you can not move it to the MicroSD card?

Here is a quick solution. The following solution will only work on a rooted phone. Most of the MTK MT6575/MTK MT6577 phones being sold at the T&K Online Store are rooted by default (Unless otherwise stated)

Please download and install ES File Explorer.

Enter it, Go to Menu>Settings>Root Settings Check “Root Explorer” and accept both the ES prompt and SU prompt.

Then check Mount File System

Return to ES Main screen, Long press the first Favorites icon unless the path will turn to /

Go to /system/etc and press vold.fstab

Find there the following lines:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard

emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host/mmc1

Replace the sdcard with sdcard2 and sdcard2 with sdcard so that it will look like this:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host/mmc1

Now press the Menu button and press Save.

Restart your phone and now the “Phone Storage” is your MicroSD card and most applications will be downloaded to it.

Source: http://blog.t-kstore.com/how-to-mak...-storage-in-mtk-6573-mtk-6575-mtk6577-phones/

Back
Top Bottom