Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Store something in secret.The best feature on EMUI 5.0 by far!!!

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
In recent years, I have encountered numerous times people (family & friends) that wants to borrow my phone for whatever reason either to make a phone call, surfing the web or just playing the games on my phone. This makes me quiet uncomfortable as there is a lot of personal & private stuff inside my phone.

Securing these private stuff is a bit tricky as there is phonebook, messaging, whatsapp, facebook, photos, videos, etc & there aren’t any available third party software that is reliable to secure all of this stuff when other people are using my phone. Most of the third party software only require a simple password protection & no encryption would be made. However, it comes to my attention about a new feature on Huawei’s own skin; EMUI 5.0 that brings a pretty awesome privacy protection by utilizing the fingerprint sensor!

On EMUI 5.0, Huawei is including what they’re calling ‘Private Space’, a per-folder encryption feature which can lock folders behind a fingerprint that can be separate from the one used to unlock the phone. This feature is called MyParadise which lets you create your own private area in your smartphone and store something in secret.

Your personal items will be protected with your Fingerprint, making it even more convenient. In plain English, it’s like having two devices at the same time! If you unlock your device with the main fingerprint you registered to unlock the device with, it will prompt you to the main space. If you unlock the device with a fingerprint registered to the private space, it will switch automatically to the PrivateSpace thus securing all your private information from other users!!

24417qg.jpg

You can go to Users > Select My Paradise. Then it will prompt you to get started. There you can setup the fingerprint for the PrivateSPace. So every time other people wants to use your device, you can quickly place your PrivateSpace registered fingerprint & switch to the PrivateSpace area! Simple & easy to use.

Here are some important notes that I got while browsing the MyParadise feature:
1.PrivateSPace is meant for the sole use of the device owner, please do not share your PrivateSpace password with others.
2.You must enrol a fingerprint when creating PrivateSpace and it can’t be the same as the one used for MainSace.
3.PrivateSpace ad MainSpace share your phone’s memory. Exiting PrivateSpace will free up memory.
4.Some features available on MainSpace will not be accessible from PrivateSpace. Unavailable features will be greyed out.

This feature surely is the best thing to protect my private stuff. I hope I can get it soon on my Mate 8 so no more sneaky peeps trying to explore my device hehe.

Back
Top Bottom