Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS

Torpz909

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Spolarium.jpg

Spolarium, by Eraserheads
This song written and first performed by the Eraserheads is one of those melodies meant to be heard and misunderstood. It’s vague words, allusions to general trivia (confusing to me at least becauseI was just a tot when it came out), and general drunken quality can be attributed to the fact that this song does involve beer—lots of it. Nevertheless, it displays Eraserheads timeless ability to capture moments of one;s life and frame it in the awesomest manner. I love this song. It’s pretty obvious. And not to mention that out of all songs covered by recent artists, the one made by Imago comes out as a crowd favorite.
-Anonymous​

SPOLARIUM*

Eraserheads

——

dumilim ang paligid //The surroundings dimmed
may tumawag sa pangalan ko//Someone called my name
labing isang palapag //Eleven floors
tinanong kung okay lang ako // and asked if I was okay
sabay abot ng baso //while handing me a glass
may naghihintay //someone’s waiting
at bakit ba pag nagsawa na ako // and why is it when I’ve had enough
biglang ayoko na //suddenly I don’t want it anymore

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now, I still have no idea
kung ba’t tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we please just stop
ang pagikot ng mundo //the earth from revolving

lumiwanag ang buwan //The moon shone
san juan** // San Juan
di ko na masasakyan //I’ll never be riding it.
ang lahat ng bagay ay gumuguhit*** .
na lang saking lalamunan //Everthing is just drawing a line/trailing across my throat
ewan mo at ewan natin //You don’t know and we don’t know
sinong may pakana // who’s to blame
at bakit ba tumilapon ang
gintong alak dyan sa paligid mo //and why did the golden beer spill all around you.

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now I still have no idea
kung ba’t tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we please stop just for now
ang pagikot ng mundo //the world from revolving

umiyak ang umaga //the morning cried
anong sinulat ni enteng at joey**** dyan //what did enteng and joey write
sa gintong salamin //in the golden mirror
di ko na mabasa //I can’t read anymore
pagkat merong nagbura ahhh… //cause someone erased it ahh…

ewan mo at ewan natin // You don’t know and we don’t know
sinong may pakana //who is to blame
at bakit ba tumilapon ang spoliarium
dyan sa paligid mo //why did the spolarium spill all around you?

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now I still have no idea
kung bakit tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we just stop it for now
pwede bang itigil muna //can we stop it for now
pwede bang itigil muna //can we stop it for now
ang pagikot nga mundo //the world from revolving
——-

*Spolarium– refers to a 19th century painting by Juan Luna, depicting a scene in the Coliseum with the soldiers dragging out the corpses of gladiators (it supposedly alludes to the oppression of natives during the Spanish period). As to it’s relation to the song. I HAVE NO IDEA.

**San Juan –another one of those things I don’t understand. It might refer to a place and because of their drunken binge, a jeepney (a public vehicle) route which he/she can’t ride anymore

***gumuguhit –this refers to that sharp, acidic line which a strong alcohol trails across the throat.

****enteng and joey– refers to Vic Sotto and Joey De Leon, respectively. They are two famous comedic icons in Philippine entertainment scene, or more appropriate mass culture. They also write and sing songs in their heydays.

Professors in the University of the Philippines know about it and they share it in class whenever the song comes in discussions. It is actually the story of the rape victim Pepsi who were allegedly raped by Vic, Joey, and someone –I forgot the name. She was made to drink too much by the three (this is described in the first 3 stanzas of the song) and when she was unconscious, they raped her. Pepsi died when she was about to cry out for justice. There were rumors that Pepsi did not commit suicide but she was killed to stop her from testifying in court. So after knowing that, the song is pretty much direct except for some parts like “itigil muna ang pag-ikot ng mundo”. We can interpret this part differently. It can mean that the victim wanted her oppressors to stop their manipulations or she was just too tired of everything that’s happening that she wanted the world to just stop.
-mikelgabrel​

"Hope you enjoy reading this I reblog it, so that all of us be curious about what really rely on the song called spolarium. "

Hmm Interesting san mo na research Sir Nice Post!

Nice... :thumbsup:

san po bang Museum makikita yan?? nakalimutan ko na... basta alam ko napuntahan ko nyan...

sana me detailed explanation galing sa accurate source or interview galing kay ely kung tama nga ba mga haka2x sa thread na to.

ts... parang trabaho mo yan :dance:

abangan ko to.

Last edited:
Hmm Interesting san mo na research Sir Nice Post!

Sa google po, nag sesearch po kasi ako ng lyrics ng kanta at nakita ko, binasa ko.. oo nga crazydan interesting.. ganyan siguro talaga batas sa pinas.. may butas ang tabing sa mata..

Nice... :thumbsup:

san po bang Museum makikita yan?? nakalimutan ko na... basta alam ko napuntahan ko nyan...

sa main gallery located on the ground floor of the National Museum of the Philippines. yung national museum naman po nasa, Manila po..

Conspiracy yan TS..
Big Fan ako ng Eheads noon.. pero di ko alam yang story ng Spolarioum !
Nice info TS!

****enteng and joey– refers to Vic Sotto and Joey De Leon, respectively. They are two famous comedic icons in Philippine entertainment scene, or more appropriate mass culture. They also write and sing songs in their heydays.

sir yong totoong meaning po nyan alam po ba nyo kung bakit sila nabanggit dalawa?
may kulang pa nga yan wala pa dyan si richie de horsie

sir yong totoong meaning po nyan alam po ba nyo kung bakit sila nabanggit dalawa?
may kulang pa nga yan wala pa dyan si richie de horsie

oo nga sir, si richie yung kasama nila.. ayon sa mga blogs ni rape daw ng tatlo si Pepsi Paloma the sexy star during her time at endorser, at silang tatlo ang may sala daw ng rape, at pinalabas nalang na nag suicide si Pepsi..

Conspiracy yan TS..
Big Fan ako ng Eheads noon.. pero di ko alam yang story ng Spolarioum !
Nice info TS!

ang husay, ni Ely... gumawa siya ng kanta for the justice.. pero ano nga ba naman magagawa ng kanta kung ang batas dito sa bansa ay may pinapanigan.. pero sana sa termino ni P-noy, maging maayos at patas ang batas...

Back
Top Bottom