Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Story behind the song SPOLARIUM of ERASERHEADS

Up natin kasi ngayon ko lang nalaman.. hahaha

nakita ko kasi sa fb to... dapat ishare to.. :P

Spolarium.jpg

Spolarium, by Eraserheads
This song written and first performed by the Eraserheads is one of those melodies meant to be heard and misunderstood. It’s vague words, allusions to general trivia (confusing to me at least becauseI was just a tot when it came out), and general drunken quality can be attributed to the fact that this song does involve beer—lots of it. Nevertheless, it displays Eraserheads timeless ability to capture moments of one;s life and frame it in the awesomest manner. I love this song. It’s pretty obvious. And not to mention that out of all songs covered by recent artists, the one made by Imago comes out as a crowd favorite.
-Anonymous​

SPOLARIUM*

Eraserheads

——

dumilim ang paligid //The surroundings dimmed
may tumawag sa pangalan ko//Someone called my name
labing isang palapag //Eleven floors
tinanong kung okay lang ako // and asked if I was okay
sabay abot ng baso //while handing me a glass
may naghihintay //someone’s waiting
at bakit ba pag nagsawa na ako // and why is it when I’ve had enough
biglang ayoko na //suddenly I don’t want it anymore

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now, I still have no idea
kung ba’t tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we please just stop
ang pagikot ng mundo //the earth from revolving

lumiwanag ang buwan //The moon shone
san juan** // San Juan
di ko na masasakyan //I’ll never be riding it.
ang lahat ng bagay ay gumuguhit*** .
na lang saking lalamunan //Everthing is just drawing a line/trailing across my throat
ewan mo at ewan natin //You don’t know and we don’t know
sinong may pakana // who’s to blame
at bakit ba tumilapon ang
gintong alak dyan sa paligid mo //and why did the golden beer spill all around you.

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now I still have no idea
kung ba’t tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we please stop just for now
ang pagikot ng mundo //the world from revolving

umiyak ang umaga //the morning cried
anong sinulat ni enteng at joey**** dyan //what did enteng and joey write
sa gintong salamin //in the golden mirror
di ko na mabasa //I can’t read anymore
pagkat merong nagbura ahhh… //cause someone erased it ahh…

ewan mo at ewan natin // You don’t know and we don’t know
sinong may pakana //who is to blame
at bakit ba tumilapon ang spoliarium
dyan sa paligid mo //why did the spolarium spill all around you?

at ngayon di pa rin alam //and now I still have no idea
kung bakit tayo nandito //why we are here
pwede bang itigil muna //can we just stop it for now
pwede bang itigil muna //can we stop it for now
pwede bang itigil muna //can we stop it for now
ang pagikot nga mundo //the world from revolving
——-

*Spolarium– refers to a 19th century painting by Juan Luna, depicting a scene in the Coliseum with the soldiers dragging out the corpses of gladiators (it supposedly alludes to the oppression of natives during the Spanish period). As to it’s relation to the song. I HAVE NO IDEA.

**San Juan –another one of those things I don’t understand. It might refer to a place and because of their drunken binge, a jeepney (a public vehicle) route which he/she can’t ride anymore

***gumuguhit –this refers to that sharp, acidic line which a strong alcohol trails across the throat.

****enteng and joey– refers to Vic Sotto and Joey De Leon, respectively. They are two famous comedic icons in Philippine entertainment scene, or more appropriate mass culture. They also write and sing songs in their heydays.

Professors in the University of the Philippines know about it and they share it in class whenever the song comes in discussions. It is actually the story of the rape victim Pepsi who were allegedly raped by Vic, Joey, and someone –I forgot the name. She was made to drink too much by the three (this is described in the first 3 stanzas of the song) and when she was unconscious, they raped her. Pepsi died when she was about to cry out for justice. There were rumors that Pepsi did not commit suicide but she was killed to stop her from testifying in court. So after knowing that, the song is pretty much direct except for some parts like “itigil muna ang pag-ikot ng mundo”. We can interpret this part differently. It can mean that the victim wanted her oppressors to stop their manipulations or she was just too tired of everything that’s happening that she wanted the world to just stop.
-mikelgabrel​

"Hope you enjoy reading this I reblog it, so that all of us be curious about what really rely on the song called spolarium. "

wow..internet savvy..san mo na search??:salute:

the setting was in San Juan. A condo in San Juan, to be specific. On the 11th floor.

Enteng was one of the Eraserheads roadies that time; Joey a.k.a. Cowpunk, a classmate of Raims, was a member of the Eraserheads posse. So, no, this has no reference whatsoever to (Tito) Vic or Joey. And most especially Pepsi Paloma. this is what professors in UP are spreading. I hope they stop. professors pa naman sila.

The song is more literal than you think. I guess everyone is just used to the Eheads always being cryptic in their songs, so when a literal song is finally written people can’t help but search for hidden meaning. Unfortunately in this particular song, there is none.

- ang nagkwento nyan ay ang mismong manager ng Eheads na si Karin Araneta kung saan ay andun din sya sa condo na un nung sinulat ang kantang yan.

wag maghusga kung alang ebidinsya.

the setting was in San Juan. A condo in San Juan, to be specific. On the 11th floor.

Enteng was one of the Eraserheads roadies that time; Joey a.k.a. Cowpunk, a classmate of Raims, was a member of the Eraserheads posse. So, no, this has no reference whatsoever to (Tito) Vic or Joey. And most especially Pepsi Paloma. this is what professors in UP are spreading. I hope they stop. professors pa naman sila.

The song is more literal than you think. I guess everyone is just used to the Eheads always being cryptic in their songs, so when a literal song is finally written people can’t help but search for hidden meaning. Unfortunately in this particular song, there is none.

- ang nagkwento nyan ay ang mismong manager ng Eheads na si Karin Araneta kung saan ay andun din sya sa condo na un nung sinulat ang kantang yan.

wag maghusga kung alang ebidinsya.

nasisaira name nila joey and vic buti nalang najan ka..

controversial file.

- - - Updated - - -

dito niyo basahin yung ibang detalye mga dre: http://philurbanlegends.blogspot.com/2013/08/spolarium.html

feedback na'lang kayo dito ulit sa site natin.

Sus walang katoryatoryang istorya. Anong story jan?

oo totoo yan naikwnto n skin ng friend ko yan
nice sharing

buhayin natin to, this song was also revived by another band (female vocalist)

Madaming nagsasabi na ganyan nga yung meaning ng kanta na yan. but I don't believe it. Ely is a great singer and son writer. May mga kanta sya na may mga double meanings. Hindi rin nya sinabi personally na the song is related with pepsi paloma case. tssss

Nabasa ko ung comment ng isang kabarkada nila ely ung about sa song. hindi daw tungkol kay pepsi yan.

sa natata daan ko may kabarkada talaga sila na enteng at joey ang name. not vic sotto at joey de leon.

ung spolarium ay tungkol sa isang drinking session nila sa isang condominium 11th floor sa san juan.

sa sobrang kalasingan, may isa sila barkada na nakahiga na sa sahig tapos ung isa hinihila naman sya kaya muka silang spolarium na painting.

tapos may parang glass window na may moist, ung isa nag sulat dun pero hindi na mabasa ni ely kasi nawala na ung moist . . yan lang natatandaan ko.

inuman lang talaga sya hindi tungkol sa rape

Ang dami pa rin naniniwala na ang Spoliarium ng Eheads e direct reference ng Pepsi Paloma "rape case", kahit ilang ulit na kwinento ni Ely at ng Manager nila that time na literal ang meaning nung kanta - Inuman session nila sa San Juan. Pero sige, sabihin na natin na direct reference sya sa Pepsi Paloma case, ano naman ang maidadagdag nun sa kaso? di ba wala? ibig sabihin magaling ang marketing strategy ng Eheads kasi nai-link ng mga tao ang kanta nila sa isang sensitibong kaso in a subtle way. At dahil dito na-immortalize ang Spoliarium. :-D

Back
Top Bottom