Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

i'm really tryna practice some self restraint and not upgrade to the ipad2. the updates weren't exactly mindblowing. one website put the changes as "evolutionary, not revolutionary."

i will TRY to wait for the ipad3. i hope it comes out soon.

smart cover? WANT NAO.

Here's a funny YT video of the iPad 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9haLiY458Q

"YOU'LL BUY IT NO MATTER WHAT WE SAY" LOL :lol:

"change the color, put a little water droplets on the desktop, Made it a little faster, added two holes of cheap cameras on it, and just kinda flatten it a 'lil bit. people would just go nuts!" :rofl:

True Apple Fan will buy it, definitely. Hehehehe

@kimi, I wanna buy it... buuutttt....walang pera :lol:, so wait muna.

Last edited:
please guys practice selfrestraint its just not mindblowing enough

for example..

had an ipod touch previous generation,.,

heard about ipod 4g

dying to buy it

dreamt about holding it,

daydreamt more about it,

didnt pay attention to anything else

and then ninong came and bought it wohooooo

once i had it,,

i was so excited for a week,,

the happiness died when i realized yes its faster,but i could still use all those apps on my old one,

the camera was crap and facetime although useable is just not THAT necessary enough

i realized the upgrade was nice but not necessarily to die for,,,and not necessary for an upgrade.

story short:
if you already have one,you dont need to upgrade.practice control of impulsive buying and you my friends will live long and prosper.

if you dont have one,and want one,

hmmm please do think of the sudden and massive price drop of the ipad1 people.

oh yes probable pag available na ipad 2 sa ph its just in the blackmarket AKA greenhills with over the top prices.i saw once when the ipad 1 was being released only in the U.S. greenhills was also selling on the greymarket ipads for twice their price or even 3times more.

we get stuff here way too late.........

bakit an hirap ng pilipinas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an Ipad but it is too large and heavy for ebook reading; my dad uses it for YM, FB and reading news; to read ebooks, he still prefers an old Dell Latitude Cpx.

There are better Ipad clones than the one at CDR-King costing between P5k and P16K. Top of the line is the Archos 70 Android 2.2 Froyo http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=8820848

There are others like Apad, Iped and Epad with varying prices and features here:
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=233228&page=93

Regarding Nook Color: It can now be rooted to convert it into a fully functional android tablet:p
http://www.dkszone.net/root-nook-color-android

Darn! $199 na lang ang Nook Color:(
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20038761-58.html

Last edited:
minsan mahirap tlga mag self restraint.. if u really want something...
:lol:

sana matuwa me dun sa kindle ko pag nabili ko na....:pray:

@ganggreene matuwa ka dun kung read read read ka ln ntapos q n nga ,twilight,resident evil,sherlock holmes dahil adik magbasa ahaha

@banana oo nga its too heavy isa pa yun dahilan para hindi maganda gamitin sa motion-based games ahahaha. un archos 7 kasing laki ng galaxy tab at ung screen 1inch bigger than kindle which is nice and android to boot.kaso magkalapit lng price nila nung archos 10 kaya napapabili ng tao un mas malaki ehehe

I've been urging my Lola to buy a Kindle from the US kapag pauwi na siya dito para ma-experience niya na din yung pagmamahal ko with the K3, hehe, sabi ko antayin nya na bumaba ang prices.

Hmm, maybe I should tell her to buy the NookColor instead para naman makatikim ako ng colored reader (albeit LCD-ed) :naughty: Hehe.

@ gangreene: You'll enjoy the Kindle! I've read a lot of books dun, and in my experience, it felt much better to read on it compared with when I was reading from my phone. :lol: Excited na ko for you. :D

@ banana_republic: Hehe, you've finally given up on your Nook? :slap: What are you gonna replace it with?

@sticky yeah excited na din me for my Kindle.. hahahha im converting na nga mga ebooks to mobi format ehhh.. excited masyado...:dance: sana makuha ko na bago me pumuntang iloilo....:pray:

Last edited:
I've been urging my Lola to buy a Kindle from the US kapag pauwi na siya dito para ma-experience niya na din yung pagmamahal ko with the K3, hehe, sabi ko antayin nya na bumaba ang prices.

Hmm, maybe I should tell her to buy the NookColor instead para naman makatikim ako ng colored reader (albeit LCD-ed) :naughty: Hehe.

@ banana_republic: Hehe, you've finally given up on your Nook? :slap: What are you gonna replace it with?

@sticky_feet

I have several options, all LCD:

Nook Color, Archos 70 or other 7" inch android tablets.

the only apple product i have is an ipod...and i bought one after apple products have been available na for the past what, 8-10 years? didn't really went crazy over apple products although i admit their products are really really nice to look at :D

btw...@slackerman.... pakilala mo naman ako sa Ninong mo :lol: joke.

@banana republic waaa selling the nook are we?sa bagay may ipad narin naman na superior and all.gusto mo ang mga colored lcd android na 7inches?ang maganda kung serious kna bumili dala ka ng mrmeng pera,punta ka sm cyberzone o facvorite tech shop mo,at mismo mgdemo ka ng mga unit para mafeel mo kung anu mas type mo sa mga un,wag mo pala buy ung sa cdr king at mga iped apad dahil a few months eh baka mapanu na mga un,,better go with branded and warrantied just to be sure

@may umalis na bansa eh ahahah

update i just learned that the ipad 2 will have an aluminum built back,i think the same as the ipod touch 4 exactly,so in other words pinalaking giant ipod touch 4g lng un ipad 2,,,]

pero ang nakakaworry dun eh un aluminum back,dahil kung same lng sila ng ipod touch,,,damn,,,

un ipod touch q super alaga,,as in linalapag q lng sa cottony soft areas and never on hard,rough,uneven surfaces,,d q nga linabas ng bahay 1st month of using,d q nga linagay sa pocket eh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

alas,,,

a shitload of hairline scratches accumulated un iba malapit na s camera,,ngmukhang wla aq pakelam sa ipod q..super daling magasgas un likod,,

eh kung ganun un ipad 2 ,,,,,,,,,,waaaaaa..luge,,madali din magasgas ayoko ng mga gnun..

eh un ipad namin d2 ilan buwan na wala pa gasgas sa likod.,,,

@banana republic waaa selling the nook are we? sa bagay may ipad narin naman na superior and all.gusto mo ang mga colored lcd android na 7inches?ang maganda kung serious kna bumili dala ka ng mrmeng pera,punta ka sm cyberzone o facvorite tech shop mo,at mismo mgdemo ka ng mga unit para mafeel mo kung anu mas type mo sa mga un,wag mo pala buy ung sa cdr king at mga iped apad dahil a few months eh baka mapanu na mga un,,better go with branded and warrantied just to be sure

Nakabili na rin ako ng Irobot na Android 1.1 na tablet for P3.5k ang bagaaaalllll, at 1 oras lang ang battery life ang init pa ng ilalim. Di ko naman maibenta at nahihiya ako:p

The Archos 7o tablet is my best bet, right between my Ipaq 110 and DV2720.

I will let go of the Nook but I feel a special fondness for the Ipaq.

no way dude!haha explicit advice q wag ung mga imitation na yun dame ka maencounter n prob nyan ahaha well mabagal kse processor ng mga imitation like pentium 1 equivalent ahehe have fun po dyan enjoy nlng kung anu meron ahehe

Finally got myself an Archos 70 8Gbhttp://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=ph&lang=en

Currently reading books on it using Laputa Reader http://www.laputareader.com/features/. Nice reflow and has day and night reading switch. I can now read in light or dark, no need to use a reading light.

Orientation can be locked in portrait or landscape mode.
Turn pages by tapping, flinging, gliding.
Font face and size adjustment.
There is also a brightness control.

It doesn't hurt that I can also view 720p movies, play Angry Birds, Access YM, FB and surf using
Dolphin HD browser.

Only thing is that it has a crappy VGA cam.

Tons of free apps from Google Marketplace and other Android sites.

You can easily check for firmware upgrades and install them with a few taps.

With it's 7 inch screen and light weight, I only need one hand to hold it or I can use the built in stand.

It can use Flash and doesn't need Itunes.:clap:

I am quite happy with it now:)

Now I have to find a buyer for my Nook so I can buy another phone to replace the BB Storm 2 I traded for the Archos 70:p

Last edited:
wow nice archos been tempted to buy one of those babies,ung 101 para max screen size ehehe.so howsthe interface?snappy ba and not laggy unlike a galaxy tab?havent tested a unit yet eh

The Archos 7o-8GB size and weight is perfect for one-hand reading in bed.

Multi touch interface is responsive and snappy with the latest Froyo 2.2 Firmware, haven't tried the Galaxy tab yet so I can''t compare but not as good as an Ipad. Compared to Ipad, viewing angle is limited; but you can't expect to have more than 2 people viewing a 7 incher at the same time:p

why so is it not as good as an ipad?except for the viewing angles po,

why so is it not as good as an ipad?except for the viewing angles po,

Mostly the display of the Ipad is more pleasing to the eye than an Archos 70.
Ipad screen resolution is better and Ipad has more RAM than Archos 70.

I got the following review for here:
http://adamskinner.tumblr.com/post/1516504369/archos-a70-vs-apple-ipad

Other comparisons:
* IPAD: 680g « A70: 300g
* IPAD: 3x4 screen « A70: Widescreen
* IPAD: 16, 32, or 64G flash internal » 8G flash internal
* IPAD: 1ghz A4 ?? A70: 1ghz ARM Cortex A8 (snapdragon?)
* Both have capacative touchscreens, 802.11n wifi, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, Accerometers, headphone jacks, speakers, microphones, and the ability to do video out

Sure, the A70 is lighter and has a widescreen formfactor, but the iPad is bigger and comes with more storage! Fortunately for you and me, bigger doesn’t always mean better. If we think back to the early days of netbooks, they started out as 7” devices. People found that while the size was great for portability, the keyboards were just too small. So with each generation they got bigger: 8”, 9”, 10” (this was actually big enough for most people, and is a popular form factor today), and 12” (probably where things will settle once the cost for these matches the $350 a 10” costs today). However, tablets are inherently different from netbooks. While you can have a 10” tablet, you’d have to hold it. And that stuff gets heavy pretty quick, even at a pound and a half. 7” is more book-sized, more pocketable, and big enough to be usable. It’s a great size for video, books, and games. It’s the sweet spot.

(more on the link I posted above)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom