Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

question...can iuse mobipocket on my N97?

i read that you can use the s60v3 Mobipocket Reader on s60v5 phones but expect there to be some errors. also, the page up and down buttons are mapped to the volume control.

question...can iuse mobipocket on my N97?

Im using N86 which is s60v5 phone and I installed mobipocket reader s60v3.. its still functioning well, I've been using it for a month now and I haven't encounter any error yet.. I think there's a mobipocket reader specially for s60v5 phones but you need to hack your phone first in able to install it..

makikisali na rin ako :p

i'm using prc/mobi reader in my computer, blackberry and soon in my kindle 2 (still waiting for it to arrive :excited:)

pano neu b inactivate ung sony reader? Humihingi ng activation key e

Mahal pa kasi mga ebook readers ngayon..ano po pinaka mura ?

Mahal pa kasi mga ebook readers ngayon..ano po pinaka mura ?

Here's a chart of different kinds of eBook Readers (soon to be out in the market or that is out in the market), it's supported formats, specs and other features. Some has prices and others haven't yet, they haven't come out in the market.

eBook Reader Matrix Charts

Sony PRS300 is $150 in Amazon and Wal-Mart.
Ectaco Jetbook cost $99 at Amazon.

I find Sony PRS300 (Pocket Edition) the cheapest one but the feature is kinda limited but 350 ebooks is a lot already too. My Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro (same size as Sony PRS300) is still $199 but it got a lil bit more feature on it like expandable memory, text to speech, mp3, read lots of different formats, removable battery and you don't have to buy separately the leather case and wall (AC) charger. So with all that features the $199 price is cheap too. Ectaco Jetbook reads a lot of ebook formats also but it doesnt have an eInk screen, it has LCD. But for $99 for a dedicated eBook reader, solely for reading purposes only that's quite affordable too. It also use 4AA batteries, very convenient. You can easily find 4AA batteries if you're out.

Last edited:
I use my iPad. Linolower ko na lang talaga yung brightness kung nasa iBooks and sa other reader apps naman ay meron settings para mas ma lower pa yung brightness kaya ok lang naman at hindi masyadong nakakastrain sa mata.

Ok namang magbasa sa phone e,

tip ko na lang pag mejo strained n ung mata nyo, change the color of the background to the opposite color you are currently using, likewise in font color.

I have read the whole harry potter and twilight and other books sa PSP ko pero 20-20 pa rin nmn paningin ko hanggang ngayon, hehe.

Kung me extra bucks ka to spare, advisable talaga na mag ebook reader ka (kindle, etc.), kasi they are made not to strain the eyes.

Yes, it is okay to read on an LCD screen. I myself use my laptop, nokia and my iPhone to read ebooks before I got a dedicated ebook reader. But once you compared them with the eInk screen, you'll definitely see a big difference. My eyesight is also 20/20.....when I have my glasses on. He he :D I couldn't see without it.

I read ebooks on my china phone after converting them to text. On my laptop/pc, I use Palm ereader Pro. It simulates the look of the actual book eh. I also use Calibre when the format's not in .txt. :)

still using my n6120c... xD my mga lumabo na ba mata jan dahil sa kababasa ng ebooks sa phone?

I use my laptop and also my 5530 (kaso I'm more comfy using the .html format when i read through my phone), kinakantahan ko pa sina lola :pray: na bilhan ako ng magandang ebook reader e. I'm really thinking of the Kindle 2 cause of the WiFi feature as well, kaso baka mahirapan akong ipaayos siya kung sakaling magkaroon ng tech prob.

poor lang din ako. 7370 gmit ko. converted ung e-books courtesy of tequila cat.

hey guys got an email from Barnes and Noble, their Nook has a price reduction. Their Nook with only wifi cost $149 and the Nook with wifi and 3G cost $199. For all it's features that's very affordable. ;) :hyper:

:hyper: So if you're thinking of buying a dedicated ebook reader, now's the time. :hyper: I'm tempted to get one myself. :thumbsup:

kindle 2 naman eh naging usd189 na lang from usd 249

^Yeah, Kindle also lower their cost to $189. ;) I guess when Dec is here baka below $100 nalang yung iba. That will be great....

Back
Top Bottom