Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

correct,i know piracy is a crime and all,but downloading a 20$ book for free in seconds?now thats the internet for you.illegal but cant be helped lalo na sa hirap ng buhay

It's a gray area when it comes to e-books.

More like borrowing a book from a friend or a library; you don't buy the book but you get to read it for free.

If you like it, the least you can do is buy yourself your own copy.

true.. but sana wag na natin isama un books ng mga Filipino authors natin.. para nmn me reason sila to still write..

correct again,support the authors of books you really like,kahit may mga ebook tayo ngaun nothing really beats good old fashioned paper and the feeling of buying genuine products.

think of downloading a book as a test-drive.pag nagusto,bilhin.

mobireader ang gamit ko sa nokia 5800, match up with a virtual keyboard for the purpose of returning back to options after viewing on full screen..

^

Have you seen the new Kobo as well?

They're almost the same reader, may Pan and Zoom lang si Kobo for PDFs.

Apparently both don't have any web browser, sayang nga e. And medyo nakakapanloko lang ang ad ni Nook, i read a review on the item:

Nakaka-tempt 'cause of the faster page turns and the touch screen, but i really want a web browser on my device for book transfer and whatnots, sayang ang wifi function kung walang browser! Hmm, for update function and coupons lang yata siya.

Aantayin ko na lang pag may web browser feature na ilalabas. Watch Out For K4! :lol:

Yup I saw that too... nakakatempt to buy yung mga bago naglalabas ngayon na e-reader. I actually went to B&N last weekend buti nalang out of stock sila baka nakabili ako. I have pictures while I was playing with the Nook Touch.

Look how small it is sa palm ko. As in super gaan lang nya talaga.
65958a8d.jpg

Here's a close up pic:
2861e10e.jpg

Sexy gadget. It's so light and very simple ereader. 5" screen cya. The only thing is yung nasa display nila eh yung Pearl e-Ink nila doon parang faded. Not like sa K3 and mas dark pa nga yung Sony PRS350. Yung mga style fonts din nya di ko gusto. Isa lang gusto ko doon. Also there's a little glare but not much naman.

Here's a pre-review on both readers btw: New Ereading Devices

Thanks for the link, will read it later.
---

Bought a spare Nook 1st edition ;), just in case my Kindle goes into a coma again.

LOL :lol: Yeah much better talaga to have a spare, just in case. :)

@ diokdin: Sis, miss ko na kayo sa book chat thread!! Will drop by later on this week to say hi. The month's just pure crazysauce.

I miss the thread din sis. Kaso so busy, don't even got the time to download books right now kaya hindi din ako makapagbasa. I feel ang liit lang ng oras all the time.

so many choices! ayluveeeeeet!

Haha :lol: Me too, nakaka loka sa daming choices...parang ang sarap e-try nila lahat. :D

@slackerman and banana_republic, agreed....that's what I do, read it in ebook format. When I like it I buy the book. Especially sa mga fave authors ko, automatic yan bili. :)

acrobat reader ang ginagamit ko...

kaso bakit kaya ako napakadali nang antukin pag nagbabasa dito sa pc ko amp... sira na siguro mata ko,..

acrobat reader ang ginagamit ko...

kaso bakit kaya ako napakadali nang antukin pag nagbabasa dito sa pc ko amp... sira na siguro mata ko,..

di ko kaya mgbasa for lagpas 1 hour kasi sa ipad feel ko masisira mata ko sa lcd screen,kaya kindle gamit ko always when reading lang,mabagal yung page turns pero very nice reading experience

for all you gadgeteers...

Kobo eReader Touch Edition review

kobo-ereader-touch-review-600-66.jpg

When it first announced the launch of its eReader Touch Edition late last month, Kobo referred to itself again and again as the "David" in a reader market full of "Goliaths." It's not difficult to see why -- the company's chief competition in the space is Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Sony, all giants in their respective fields. In spite of overwhelming odds, however, Kobo has managed to stay afloat, and even competitive. True to form, however, Barnes & Noble launched its own device a mere day after Kobo, which for most intents and purposes, looks an awful lot like the eReader Touch Edition. In fact, the devices were seemingly so alike that we created a head to head, in order to see for ourselves precisely what set them apart.

continue reading at engadget

san po ba pd makabili ng ebook reader?
especially yung nook color, not available for shipment outside US kasi.
tsk3.

http://www.facebook.com/nelsonkrx talk to kris, most of the ebook user here buy from her..

Here's what nelsonkkrx has to say about Nook Color, Kindle 3 and tabs in another forum:
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=234598

nelsonkrx June 08, 2011 12:02 AM
I'm a Nook Color to Kindle convert. Hehehe! :) Nook color displays PDF so much better but I am enjoying the Kindle a lot more.

Kindle DX does a better job displaying PDF files if you want e-ink but it's so much more expensive :) Plus I find it way to big to carry around din. I still convert my PDF books to mobi. Pero kung dapat talaga PDF, sa tab nalang. Hehe! :)

Also consider the expenses involved in having your Nook Color repaired in the US; could easily costs you $100 just for freight alone.

Last edited:
Albite Reader lang ako. poor kasi eh. .epub reader fro symbian phones. :yes: :)

pur lang me. ipod 3g + Stanza. solb na. :) dati symbian phone + Repligo. hehe

Back
Top Bottom