Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Want to go back to Programming?

rmslive

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to go back to programming, last nag program ako is vb6 pa ang gamit, i totally forgot how to, but i want to program again,

so my question is, ano na po ba ang trending ngayon pag dating sa programming? ano po ang maganda tahakin na trend?

sa mga gusto din po bumalik kagaya ko, feel free to stay here. Thank you!

Hi, I am currently working as a junior developer, and the company Im working for is focused on web systems/apps. As of now I am still a trainee and the topics we already tackled are:

HTML/5 and CSS/3
Basic Javascript + JSON & Ajax
Javascript Library jQuery(we are currently migrating from it to AngularJS)
C# and Razor
VS2012 ASP.NET MVC4/5
MSSQL Server 2012

I was originally from PHP+MySQL non-prof programming so I already know the basics(first three on my list) but Im still adapting to MVC4/5 as it is
a completely different coding style to the "oldstyle" PHPing. I read PHP can also use MVC approach but I didnt manage to learn that during my PHP days.
I focused on web development since college because I thought it will never be out-of-trend and so far it is still true today.
But since you're already familiar with VB6.0, I suggest you go for VB.NET as it is also currently in demand right now.
I recommend this site below if you want to start learning vb.NET from scratch.

How to start programming VB.NET?

:hat:

though i think i will agree with you, some of my research state that web development or web based system or apps is now trending this days and will be trending for more years to come, if i will take this road, what are the diff roads to go here in web development? i can only think of this:

1. website development
2. web based system
3. web based app

is there any you can think of that you can share? regardless if you're still a trainee, you inputs will be appreciated. thanks!

Thank you for this topic. I really want to go back again how to make a program. Please always update this thread author.

Hello guys! I just wanna be part of this comeback...

I also forgot how to program since i got my net cafe business but it seems to be boring na kasi...kaya gusto ko matuto ulit ng programming in any field.

before i like integrating software into the hardware like using programmable ic's... ngayong gusto ko balikan ang software focused na programming like PHP+Mysql or any programming na in demand today...

patambay ako dito ha.. :) Thank u!:thumbsup:

Maganda Tambayan to :)

gusto ko rin mgstart ulit mg program,, medyo kinakalawang na..,

pede kita maging mentor hahah,,

pa tambay guys :)

ako din boss im currently working as desktop support i want to improve as it graduate person.. i hope somebody can help me thanks

guys kung sino mka pag advice kung ano tatahakin nating language give an advice nlng... para sabay2 tayo mag explore and give some tuts nlng kung mkpag start na.. :) para d tayo mabehind masyado.. :)
:thumbsup:

mas ok kung wag masyado mag focus sa specific na language , mas maganda kung matututo din ng iba like ruby, swift, GO.
ex. nag focus ka lang sa vb o kaya c++ hindi na sila masyado indemand.

sabi ng ilan yung java tatagal pa ng mga 15 -20 years.
also php & phyton lalo na si swift.

Pag aralan mo po muna yung basics, magsimula ka sa C/c++ , kasi once na makuha mo naman na yung flow at logic nyan, hnd ka na mahihirapan sa pag aaral pa ng ibang language :)

Pag aralan mo po muna yung basics, magsimula ka sa C/c++ , kasi once na makuha mo naman na yung flow at logic nyan, hnd ka na mahihirapan sa pag aaral pa ng ibang language :)

hindi ba masyadong hard coded ang C/c++ boss?

mas ok kung wag masyado mag focus sa specific na language , mas maganda kung matututo din ng iba like ruby, swift, GO.
ex. nag focus ka lang sa vb o kaya c++ hindi na sila masyado indemand.

sabi ng ilan yung java tatagal pa ng mga 15 -20 years.
also php & phyton lalo na si swift.

ahhh.. pero ano ba ang pinaka trend na pag aralan ngayon. kasi boss. start from scratch ulit kami mostly siguro. so we need muna ng good foundation kaya need mag focus muna sa isang language. pag namaster na. dun na pwede mag step forward sa ibang language.

Thank you for this topic. I really want to go back again how to make a program. Please always update this thread author.

don't worry, gawin nating active to. hehe supportahan ba.

Hello guys! I just wanna be part of this comeback...

I also forgot how to program since i got my net cafe business but it seems to be boring na kasi...kaya gusto ko matuto ulit ng programming in any field.

before i like integrating software into the hardware like using programmable ic's... ngayong gusto ko balikan ang software focused na programming like PHP+Mysql or any programming na in demand today...

patambay ako dito ha.. :) Thank u!:thumbsup:

Maganda Tambayan to :)

gusto ko rin mgstart ulit mg program,, medyo kinakalawang na..,

pede kita maging mentor hahah,,

pa tambay guys :)

likewise boss. hindi lang ako kinalawang. inamag na. ahaha 3 1/2 years na akong walang program. ahaha

ako din boss im currently working as desktop support i want to improve as it graduate person.. i hope somebody can help me thanks

ako din bro, System and Network Admin ako currently from Programmer. though tinamad kasi ako mag programmer sa isang company kasi nakaupo lang buong araw. ehehe

guys kung sino mka pag advice kung ano tatahakin nating language give an advice nlng... para sabay2 tayo mag explore and give some tuts nlng kung mkpag start na.. :) para d tayo mabehind masyado.. :)
:thumbsup:

tanong natin sa mga master natin d2 kung ano ang maganda. nung nag programmer ako is server based ung mga ginagawa ko, and hindi masyado kilala sa market ung ginagamit ko that time, di ko na nga maalala ano name eh parang progress something ata un. ehehe though ang trending ata ngaun eh web and mobile development.

Minsan din akong nangarap maging programmer subalit dala ng katamaran ay hindi ko na napagpatuloy.
Kung naghahanap kayo ng landas na tatahakin, advice ko is VB.Net
Online platform na din naman siya kaya in demand nowadays.
Pwede mo din isunod ang C#.
Kahit anong programming language kaya mong matutunan sa loob ng isang buwan.
Logical thinking talaga ang pinaka-kailangan!
Good luck!

Minsan din akong nangarap maging programmer subalit dala ng katamaran ay hindi ko na napagpatuloy.
Kung naghahanap kayo ng landas na tatahakin, advice ko is VB.Net
Online platform na din naman siya kaya in demand nowadays.
Pwede mo din isunod ang C#.
Kahit anong programming language kaya mong matutunan sa loob ng isang buwan.
Logical thinking talaga ang pinaka-kailangan!
Good luck!

online platform? so server and web based na ang pwedeng magawa? huli kasi ako nag vb.net (college days) eh server based palang to eh.

Hi, one of the best way to know the in demand skills of a programmer is by browsing through job ads sites like jobstreet/monster. Browse each job at recent pages and look for the requirements and you'll have an idea what's the most needed in the market today. The last time I checked it was mostly Java, Ruby, and .NET.
As I am not really familiar with all of these, (i only know php+mysql during that time) I decided to research each one then I found .NET to be more "of my style".

If you plan on taking web development like I did (ASP.NET MVC4/5)
I'd like to share some resources I started with.
Here are the tools you will need in your arsenal:

Software:
Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2013 (express or complete)

Knowledge:
Fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and Javascript
Basics of C#: variables, data types, classes, looping and array
Basic SQL queries specially about SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, ALTER
Razor Syntax
ASP.NET MVC 4/5

This sure looks a lot right but the first mistakes in learning programming is that we try to memorize the syntax during the learning process. DON'T.
Syntax are memorized little by little through constant programming.
So how will we code if we dont memorize the syntax?
All programmers even senior developers I work with uses a collection of docs/pdf called "code reference".
If you dont know the syntax for something that you know this language can do, open up your code reference then copy. Its not illegal.
Be it on the internet, or in your phone/laptop. Resources are everywhere, and you should utilize it.
You'll get familiarized on the common syntax that you use till you no longer need your reference.

And by the way, with ASP.NET MVC 4 or 5, almost all essential module of a web app can be auto-generated like login page, registration, add-edit-delete.
So its really easy to complete a working program in just a couple of hours.

Recommended site for learning:
Of course the o'l great w3schools. <- this got everything you need!!!
And ASP.NET's MVC guides are better and easy to understand.
:beat:

Last edited:
@bps.xcs001

boss pwede mag tanong sa inyo? Nag-aaral kasi ako ng C#.Net ngayon (self study lang.) Ask ko lang yang bang ASP.Net MVC ay kaylangan pang e download/install aside from Visual Studio.Net o kasama na sya. Ginagamit ko kasi ay yung Community Edition 2013 at wala namang ako nakikita doong ASP.neT MVC kundi ASP.Net Web Forms lang. Mag kaiba ba yun? Tsaka ano po yung Razor doon? Framework din ba yun?

Last edited:
@bps.xcs001

boss pwede mag tanong sa inyo? Nag-aaral kasi ako ng C#.Net ngayon (self study lang.) Ask ko lang yang bang ASP.Net ay kaylangan pang e download/install aside from Visual Studio.Net o kasama na sya. Ginagamit ko kasi ay yung Community Edition 2013 at wala namang ako nakikita doong ASP.neT kundi ASP.Net Web Forms lang. Mag kaiba ba yun? Tsaka ano po yung Razor doon? Framework din ba yun?

Hi, I dont think kasama sa Community Edition ng VS2013 Express ang ASP.NET.
I haven't used an express edition yet but try to add MVC packages via Nuget (Tools>Packages) search mo lang.
Pero Im pretty sure na included ang ASP.NET sa VS2013 Express Web edition.

Razor is a markup syntax that lets you embed server-based code (Visual Basic and C#) into web pages.
Meaning, you can use it to embed your C#/VB codes inside HTML to do server-sided "stuffs".

Sample:
<ul>
@for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
<li>@i</li>
}
</ul>

The @ sign right there indicates na hindi html yung susunod na line kung di c# or vb code.
Its just like <?php for php and <% for asp.

Last edited:
up natin to para sa mga gusto bumalik sa programming.

pwede ba java agad,, html lang alam ko dati eh nakalimutan ko narin.. past time lang muna hoping maging back fall ko ang programming

Hi, I am currently working as a junior developer, and the company Im working for is focused on web systems/apps. As of now I am still a trainee and the topics we already tackled are:

HTML/5 and CSS/3
Basic Javascript + JSON & Ajax
Javascript Library jQuery(we are currently migrating from it to AngularJS)
C# and Razor
VS2012 ASP.NET MVC4/5
MSSQL Server 2012

I was originally from PHP+MySQL non-prof programming so I already know the basics(first three on my list) but Im still adapting to MVC4/5 as it is
a completely different coding style to the "oldstyle" PHPing. I read PHP can also use MVC approach but I didnt manage to learn that during my PHP days.
I focused on web development since college because I thought it will never be out-of-trend and so far it is still true today.
But since you're already familiar with VB6.0, I suggest you go for VB.NET as it is also currently in demand right now.
I recommend this site below if you want to start learning vb.NET from scratch.

How to start programming VB.NET?

:hat:

Anong company dre? haha mukang maganda dyan sa inyo samin kasi walang training tsskkkk self study lang pag di tinamad :-)

Web developer here :)

Last edited:
ako naman currently working as data analyst. nag sself study ako ngayon about c++. Turbo C kasi pinaka pundasyon namen nung college kaya sisimulan ko magaral sa c++. eto gamit ko pang self study, Learn C++. android app siya. meron din for HTML, JAVA, SQL etc. try niyo. need nga lang ng internet connection kasi naka video yung tutorial. hirap kasi ako magaral magisa. yung tipong magbabasa ka lang. gusto ko may nagtuturo kaya sakto yung video tutorial saken. mabilis lang length ng mga videos, wala pang 1 minute yung iba kaya di ka tatamarin. tapos may quiz after. madali mo lang nman din masasagutan kung papakinggan mo yung sa video. sa ngayon nasa basics palang ako. kulang pa kasi yung sipag ko sa katawan. pero pag natapos ko pagaralan c++, mysql pati java magreresign na agad ako at mag aapply as developer. hehe

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sololearn.cplusplus&hl=en

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom