Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

YONIP CUSTOM ROM for MyPhone A898 Duo

Hi Sir DJWayne,

Ask ko lang, for the 8mp features in the YONIP V2 -- is this a feature that unlocks the 8mp camera of the phone? If thats the case then the phone really has an 8mp CMOS sensor and was just locked to 5mp, is this correct?

Because I noticed that the quality didn't seem to change but only the size, of the actual number of pixels in the jpeg file.

And yeah, no autofocus and no way to manually focus yet.. would this be fixed?

So far the rom is working nice and fast. Galing! :)

BTW -- the default launcher that you packed V2 with is not Nemus Launcher but Apex Launcher. When it comes to speed and memory usage Nemus Launcher is far better than Apex, and its much much more smoother. :)

Last edited:
Hi Sir DJWayne,

BTW -- the default launcher that you packed V2 with is not Nemus Launcher but Apex Launcher. When it comes to speed and memory usage Nemus Launcher is far better than Apex, and its much much more smoother. :)

YUP Apex Launcher yung nakalagay... edited the first page...my bad :)

Ask ko lang, for the 8mp features in the YONIP V2 -- is this a feature that unlocks the 8mp camera of the phone? If thats the case then the phone really has an 8mp CMOS sensor and was just locked to 5mp, is this correct?

Because I noticed that the quality didn't seem to change but only the size, of the actual number of pixels in the jpeg file.

And yeah, no autofocus and no way to manually focus yet.. would this be fixed?

YES MT6577 is 8mp capable, Im still looking for a working driver that would be compatible with A898 ICS architecture, I hope autofocus will work. We still dont have kernel sources for this, all we can do for now is to port drivers from other MT6577 phones.

Last edited:
Sir ano po ba ang yonip rom? Nakita ko kasi ito sa lenovo a60. Bali pinort nyo lang ba un para sa MP 898? Interested kasi ako matuto eh. Hm di ba pag mag poport ka ng rom kaylangan same android version plus same cpu

YES MT6577 is 8mp capable, Im still looking for a working driver that would be compatible with A898 ICS architecture, I hope autofocus will work. We still dont have kernel sources for this, all we can do for now is to port drivers from other MT6577 phones.

Yep you are right MT6577 chipsets are capable of handling 8mp processing but what I am referring to the actual CMOS camera sensor of the phone if it really is an 8mp sensor. What I'm thinking is kasi kapag 5mp sensor hardware lang talaga yung nasa phone then wouldn't it be useless to enable 8mp processing on the firmware? It's only going to resize the image to a larger jpeg that consumes more space and well, not exactly more detail.

Just my thoughts on this. :)

Thanks!

Yep you are right MT6577 chipsets are capable of handling 8mp processing but what I am referring to the actual CMOS camera sensor of the phone if it really is an 8mp sensor. What I'm thinking is kasi kapag 5mp sensor hardware lang talaga yung nasa phone then wouldn't it be useless to enable 8mp processing on the firmware? It's only going to resize the image to a larger jpeg that consumes more space and well, not exactly more detail.

Just my thoughts on this. :)

Thanks!

I still don't know the actual CMOS camera sensor of A898, kaya nga pinort ko yung 8mp to find out pero I still cant prove dahil naka infinity focus at walang auto focus.

Pde po mag request stock rom ng A898, nabura kc ung akin eh :(. Tnx po

pagnakacustom rom po ba automatic sa mem card na magiinstall ng apps?

YUP Apex Launcher yung nakalagay... edited the first page...my bad :)

pwede ba gamitin ung cnasbi nyong rom/kernel/driver/architecture or kung anu man yan na ginagamit ng a919 na cam 8mp, para gumana autofocus + high picture size to our 5mp to 8mp a898?

sir panu po ung full procedure ng pg-intall ng custom yonip rom?.. gusto ko po kc iintall eh..kya lng bguhan p po aq sa android world..nkaroot and nka-cwm na din po ako.. Thanks in Advance:salute:

thanks po djwayne! astig tong yonip sana tuloy2x po ang development :yipee:

pa post naman po yung actual procedure sa pag install ng Yonip A898 V.2, some are confused kasi

pa post naman po yung actual procedure sa pag install ng Yonip A898 V.2, some are confused kasi

Copy mu muna ung zip file sa sdcard mu then Apply via CWM then Select install zip from sdcard >> Choose zip from sdcard >> Select mo na yung file >> Yes. (note: install mu muna ung yonip V.1 then saka ung patch V.2) ganyan lng ginawa ko sa a898 ko sucessful nmn ung result, Thanks to Djwayne :clap:

bakit hindi na pd ung tv-out features after i install the ROM?? huhuhu

Mawawala po ba yung mga apps na nka install na kpag ininstall ko itong YONIP Custom Rom na ito? ASAP... :unsure:

guix,. bakit po hindi na mauto rotate ung a898 ko,. di na sya naglalandscape., and di rin matanggal ung vbrations sa messaging ,.. everytime lng na iinstall ko ung yonip v1,. and even v2,.. pero kapag binalik ko nmn xa sa stock recovery nya,. un,. nagauauto rotate na xa,. hope maaus nyu po mga master,. sayang nmn

guix,. bakit po hindi na mauto rotate ung a898 ko,. di na sya naglalandscape., and di rin matanggal ung vbrations sa messaging ,.. everytime lng na iinstall ko ung yonip v1,. and even v2,.. pero kapag binalik ko nmn xa sa stock recovery nya,. un,. nagauauto rotate na xa,. hope maaus nyu po mga master,. sayang nmn

try mu mag factory data reset then check mu ulit ung settings. ung sa 898 ko Ok naman lahat :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom