Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

500G WD My Passport External Hard Drive suddenly became UNALLOCATED

strikers1347

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
:help: I am using my hdd for almost a year now where i stored important files such as documents, softwares, images, videos/movies, etc w/o backup. When one day, I plugged in my external hard drive to a desktop computer when suddenly the PC froze while my hdd was attached. And when I restarted the computer still my external hdd is connected, it seemed I couldn't find it anymore in My Computer. But when I proceeded to Control Panel, I saw my hard drive there. And when I went to Device Mgmt, there I finally realized my hdd suddenly became UNALLOCATED.

:pls: I believe my external hard drive is not physically damaged because it can read by the system. I just cant seem to use it because it is hidden from the My Computer. I am anxious I cannot recover my files anymore, it is just fine to loose the other but I have lots of memories there.

:upset: I already tried using partition recovery tools like EaseUS Partition Master, Minitool Partition Wizard & Find and Mount. I utilized the fast scan/recovery but it always says 'file not found'. They recommends me to use the complete/thorough scan but it offers much of time. I attempted it in the evening for at least 10 hrs and when I woke up, the bar was still in the 30%, very slow. I realized it needs 2 to 3 days to recover the partition completely and worst nothing may happen. I have not yet tried the complete/thorough scan, because I am still looking for better and faster way of fixing my external hdd.

:help: can anyone pls help me?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 4.jpg