Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

this is embarassing to admit...but i haven't read the Hunger Games Trilogy. well, i have started reading the 1st book but I'm not yet even halfway it :lol:

i have to finish it soon!

anyways....

:xmas: TO EVERYONE!!!!!

LOL, pareho tayo, I have all the copies since four months ago but I haven't read it yet... but i will read it before the movie is out, it's pretty interesting, even known authors have read the trilogy. btw, thanks for the welcome! =)

Happy Holidays every one!

Meron na ba sa inyong nakabasa ng Merlin's Legacy? author: quinn taylor evans. I wanted to read it but I can't seem to find any copies here, nirecommend sya ng friend ko, baka naman may copy kayo, pashare naman, please?;)

waahhhh! an dami ko ata babasahin ah :) buti i found this thread, books that are worth to read, hahaha! thanks guys. i ve been patronizing ur threads for as long as i can remember. merry christmas po!

since it's Christmas, I decided to read a book related to the season, so I read Cecelia Ahern's The Gift:weep: I was hoping to read something fun and light hearted :upset: It was a good read though, but if you are alone and away from your family...:slap::weep:

@momma- first time baby ba? Congrats. Galingan mo ang pag push:)

I think i will wait the movie. First page pa lang natatamad na kasi ako basahin ang hunger game trilogy.

Hey guys! I've been busy this break.. ang daming laag! Haha at mga dinners and stuff. Relatives came home from HK kasi :)

I lacked time to read but I was able to squeeze 3 books in. So here's what I read:

Starcrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce - I FINALLY FOUND THIS BOOK! Sobrang saya ko pagkita nito! I've been looking for it for a while so I was excited to read this book. It did not disappoint. It reminded me of Megan Whalen Turner's series, "The Queen's Thief". So many twists and turns and the main character is one you'll really like.

Note: The title is misleading: this book is not about romance.

EDIT: I just realized it was posted here all along. But I swear, it did not come up when I searched for it before. :( I had difficulty looking for it talaga.

Liar's Moon by Elizabeth C. Bunce - The sequel to Starcrossed. Great read as well. There was romance here already. The twist in the end was so omg! Will definitely read the next! I need to find out what happens.

The Shifter by Janice Hardy - It's about people who can heal others' pain by bringing the pain unto themselves, then transferring it to an element. Kind of like Snyder's "A Touch Of Power" (which I haven't read yet). It's wasn't as nice as the above, but it was a good read. Something different.

I posted reviews in Goodreads if you wanna check it out. :p

@momma- first time baby ba? Congrats. Galingan mo ang pag push:)

third baby na po^_^ and finally a boy:dance: hehehe... yup, need galingan ang push....

Reread mode again ng IAD preparing for Lothaire and search ko kung san ko nabasa si Elizabeth(Gurl daw ni Lothaire, and mortal protagonist daw mentioned sa series:noidea: )

^ i read the excerpt, and Elizabeth is interesting.

i'm not sure if she was even mentioned in the previous books, being a mortal and all. unless she's a "reincarnated higher power being", then yup, never mentioned at all.

17 days more to go...woot, woot :lol: (jan 12 pero jan 13 sa asia).

hopefully 2012 will be a better year for me in books. several disappointments this year kasi :(

whut? marami pa tayong di nakakabasa ng hunger games? :lol:

Halu peeps!! Happy holidays! :yipee:

Of course i'm one of you na nagaantay na kay Lothaire.. and i haven't read the excerpt yet.. i don't think i would. I'd rather wait po for the book. :)

Ahem, basahin na ang Hunger Games! hehehe.. pero hmm.. i guess kung papapiliin ako.. papanuorin ko muna bago basahin. Para bawas disappointment if ever haha.:lol:

@Slayze - super thanks sa song! sayo ko lang nalaman na meron na palang ost. :dance:

@maysapaw - errm.. yea.. sana better year nga 2012 for books. Marami na akong to-read na lalabas sa 2012 for romance and ya.. i think we have several promising ones. :)

---------------------------

reco's:

The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams - didja like Katsa of Graceling? Katniss of Hunger Games? Meghan of Iron Fey Series? i'm sure magugustuhan nyo si McKenzie. She has a different ability from the heroines i've read... unique. Maganda rin yung story.. if you enjoyed the novels i mentioned, you'll enjoy Shadow Reader din.

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally - a nice read. breath of fresh air kasi it's about a girl who loves football.. kaso knowing you guys, hmm.. mejo maiinis kayo sa heroine at some point

There you'll find me by Jenny B. Jones - to me, this is an emotional read.. okay sya.. mejo religious.

GRACE SERIES (Fallen from Grace, Bird Song, Black Halo, Grace of Day) by S.L. Naeole - i gave this series a chance.. i hope we all would. hehe. okay naman.. na attach ako sa mga character kasi mejo mahaba yung series. Mejo Twilight-ish pero totally different plot. I enjoyed it kasi of course, nakakakilig anddd... hmmm.. the plot. Parang parati nalang may secret na nirereveal at every turn

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan - listened to the audiobook. I love it! i know mejo pambata.. pero it's totally exciting lalo na sa audio. I did my chores while listening... imagine, i was laughing out loud habang naglalaba.. uber crazy haha. Worth the time talaga.:)

Divergent by Veronica Roth - I knooowww sa wakas nabasa ko din diba? haha I love this one!! haha.. although for my wala parin tatalo sa HG.. this one comes close. I know magiging movie din to. The scenes are just.. unpredictable and frankly kahit puno ng violence, amazed parin ako kasi super straight forward nung author. Patay kung patay kumbaga. Still, andun yung mga values na dapat basic mong matutunan as a person.. bastaaaa... i think maaapreciate natin tong lahat (sorta hihi).

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I love Obsidian because of Katy.. yes.. i love it because of Katy.. Katy Katy Katy... ooohhh who am i kidding? I love it because of Daemon!! nakakakilig sila! although love-hate din relationship nila.. and they have sooo many banters.. it's fascinating! haha. Humorous, ganda ng story line and another heroine na like like like ko. Let's give another hot alien a chance

Legend by Marie Lu - Lovers of HG and Divergent will love this! another super blunt dystopian novel. Ang galing ng dalawang main characters. I know mejo predictable na sa bandang gitna, but still .. i promise, it's exciting and gugustuhin mo nang basahin yung next book agad.

Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst - Akala ko talaga chick lit to.. i sweaarr the cover totally fooled me. Dark novel pala ito about vampires. Dark with a touch of humor and romance. I loved Pearl on the spot! she's another one of a kind character.. good girl trying to be bad.. or rather bad girl na naging good.. err basta you have to read it!

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder - Unique! really really unique novel. I think we'll all like Avry. I swear you won't be disappointed with this. The plot is good! as in perfect.. i like the "healer" thing that the author focused on. For some reason, i was constantly reminded of Ragnarok while i was reading this book..

lasly...

Rock Me (Ross Siblings #2) by Cherrie Lynn - HOT. HOT. HOT. i sweeaaarr nakaka in love si Brian!

-----------------------------------

now i'm trying to finish The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, (audiobook),,,

Last edited:

^ wow....daming nabasa! you and decadence.

as usual, i'll check the first few pages, and then if the 1st to 2nd chapter catch my attention i'll continue it....(oooppsss. i promised i'll finish reading whatever book i picked up....but....wth....promises are meant to be broken :lol: ).

before i read divergent or other dystopian books i will finish first Hunger Games (sa susunod na yung book 2 and 3) before the movie comes out.

Last edited:

:clap: wow ang dami na naman recos...bilis magbasa :salute:

anyway, I read the previous posts in here (randomly kasi medyo madami) and I saw a post regarding Victoria Michael's Trust In Advertising, nabenta sa akin kasi mukhang nagandahan talaga yung nag recommend :halo:. I read it yesterday and it was really good:thumbsup: Thank you! So, I will try to check out more of the previous recos, I'm sure madami pang magaganda. :excited:

@maysapaw - haha naipon lang yan.. matagal tagal din aketch hindi nagpost ;) know what.. i've been doing that as well! yung read ng first two chapters and then wala na.. hahaha. napilitan na akong gumawa ng abandoned-for-now shelf sa goodreads ko haha :lol:

@novelcsanchez - hello! wow! glad you liked it! i love Vincent!!! :cloud9: nakakakilig sila at every turn.. i also love the people around 'em. . . isa yan sa top reads ko for romance ng 2011 :yipee: basahin mo rin Gabriel's Inferno and Love Unscripted... those two comes close sa story line ng Trust in Advertising. :)

@maysapaw - haha naipon lang yan.. matagal tagal din aketch hindi nagpost ;) know what.. i've been doing that as well! yung read ng first two chapters and then wala na.. hahaha. napilitan na akong gumawa ng abandoned-for-now shelf sa goodreads ko haha :lol:

@novelcsanchez - hello! wow! glad you liked it! i love Vincent!!! :cloud9: nakakakilig sila at every turn.. i also love the people around 'em. . . isa yan sa top reads ko for romance ng 2011 :yipee: basahin mo rin Gabriel's Inferno and Love Unscripted... those two comes close sa story line ng Trust in Advertising. :)

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

I'm trying to find the books that you've mentioned pero its not showing up on my searches, perhaps i'm doing it wrong :slap:, but I really DO want to read it. I totally agree with you, Vincent and Lexi... now, that is what you call "kilig couple", and I also love Vincent's family, they were all supporting and sweet. I have to add that Hope and Lexi's friendship is nice too --- and Sean and Hope :rofl:---really fun couple. It was such a great read, kaya I'm really looking forward on reading those two books that you've mentioned. I want to start reading it ASAP, haha, hopefully I can find 'em today.:pray::pray::pray: btw, may I have the name of the authors please?

^hi! naku oo nga... hindi mahanap ng search engine yung Love Unscripted sa all romance thread.. kasi nasa teenlit sya. hehehe pero it's not really only for teens ;). Tina Reber wrote LU and Sylvain Reynard wrote GI. Both books were uploaded by bonita_jia so lotsa thanks to her! :) I'll send you the links nalang sa mga thread nila thru pm kasi bawal dito :) Hope you like 'em.

Oo nga pala, please give Gabriel a chance.. i swearrr he'll piss you off for the hmm.. first three chapters pero he'll change promiseeee. :)

^hi! naku oo nga... hindi mahanap ng search engine yung Love Unscripted sa all romance thread.. kasi nasa teenlit sya. hehehe pero it's not really only for teens ;). Tina Reber wrote LU and Sylvain Reynard wrote GI. Both books were uploaded by bonita_jia so lotsa thanks to her! :) I'll send you the links nalang sa mga thread nila thru pm kasi bawal dito :) Hope you like 'em.

Oo nga pala, please give Gabriel a chance.. i swearrr he'll piss you off for the hmm.. first three chapters pero he'll change promiseeee. :)

Thanks much:thanks:

I started reading Gabriel's Inferno already, and your right, he's such an ass, but i'll listen to your advice and I'll keep on reading... good thing wala kami masyadong pasyente, I'm hoping to finish this today but, it's longer than what I expected, so baka bukas ko pa matapos. Thanks again for the links!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ganda ng Gabriel's Inferno, ang galing ng author!:clap::clap:
I learned a lot from this book, it's very intellectual. Yung mga references---amazing. Sobrang emotional whirlwind if you read the book. I hated Gabriel at first, I was actually rooting for Paul (because he was all so nice and so perfect) kasi Gabriel was such a jerk for the first few chapters...and Julia, she was so pure and good hearted, kaya lang...:quiet: i don't want to spoil the book for others---so ayun basahin nyo na lang. I read the reviews in goodreads, I'm so glad that other people enjoyed the story as much as I did.

galing talaga ng author---:praise:

I just finished Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien. It's another dystopian novel. Hmm, what can I say? It was okay in my opinion. But the story didn't really connect with me although there were a few scenes that were nice. It has a high rating on Goodreads though (3.99).

@novelcsanchez - greaaatt...:clap: i'm happy you liked it! nakakatuwa naman. Yeaahh... mejo intellectual nga kasi ang daming literary works na nabanggit.. and i knerrr rollercoaster ride ang dating kasi moody si Gabriel. Anyway, ayan, hope you'll read Love Unscripted although iba yung plot nya. :)

@decadence - hey i think magugustuhan mo yung Touch Of Power ni Maria V. Snyder.. :) wala lang hehe.. just guessing based sa mga nabasa mo. :)

@yche09

absolutely, I will read it tomorow. Off ko bukas :yipee: and I have the whole day to read. It's a bit long kasi and i HATE to be interrupted kaya bukas na lang. I'm currently reading Julie James' Practice Makes Perfect. It's her second book that I've read today, and so far, I'm enjoying her books. Maiiksi lang kasi kaya mas okay sya basahin while I'm at work.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom