Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

finished Duncan's Bride and its really gooooood! this novel is pure love..a must read to all romantics out there.
---
and super naiintriga na ko sa Daughter of Smoke and Bone & Matched! sana mabasa ko na din sila soon! :)

woot woot...may nadenggoy na naman ako sa Duncan's Bride :beat:

pakibasa po ng Daughter of Smoke and Bone.....:pray:

heads up lang to Larissa Ione's fans...lapit na ang 2nd horse(wo)man story, sa November 22 na! hopefully it is much better than the 1st book :)

btw, i have started Unwind and gusto kong batukan si Connor especially on the spoilerbaby incident...but his explanation surely made up for it.

sa dami ng postapocalyptic books na nasusulat, parang piniprepare na tayo sa possibleng mangyari. and i do think it will happen, i just hope not in my lifetime though :lol:

Na stuck ako sa mortal instrument series. Tagal ko binasa dahil narin sa hectic sched. Hanggang book 3 lang ako so far na enjoy ko naman hanggang ending. Hindi ko pa alam next kong babasahin. Back read muna for recommendations.

^ Daughter of Smoke and Bone....Daughter of Smoke and Bone....Daughter of Smoke and Bone :lol:

^ Daughter of Smoke and Bone....Daughter of Smoke and Bone....Daughter of Smoke and Bone :lol:

downloaded na. maya ko start sa trabaho, pag tulog na pasyente. hehehe

^ sana magustuhan mo :)

@maysapaw - natapos mo na Unwind? what do you think? :)

@zelle1016 & @lycan0818 - sana nabasa nyo na Daughter of Smoke and Bone :)

-------------------

konti lang nabasa ko kasi i kinda went farming. haha so anywayyy

i read Gabriel's Inferno.. di ako masyadong makarelate sa mga pinaguusapan nilang lit works sa book pero i think y'all will like Gabriel. Para syang si..... hmmm.... haha,wala ako maisip pero i'm sure meron syang kaparehas ng ugale, i just can't remember which character sa super dami kong nabasa. Gabriel is frikkin annoying sa umpisa.. as in super nakakainis sya. Bute nalang may pov din nya sa book..kung wala maiirita ako sa character nya. He's a snob. Pero he'll change sa gitna ng book. I like him. Mejo nabitin lang ako sa dulo kasi i thought the novel's going to be longer. I didn't check the pages so i was surprised na ang dami rin pala. It's a good story. Parang Trust in Advertising ang feel kasi crush din ni girl si boy for as long as both can remember. Basta... read it if you have time :)

moving on.... i read some ya...

Talent Chronicles (Hush Money and Heroes Til Curfew) - ang ganda! super ganda! ang ganda ganda!!! haha i'm so happy i gave these two a shot. Kung mapapansin sa goodreads, 4 stars nalang rating ng Hush Money.. that's because bitin yung dulo.. i mean, natapos yung conflict pero parang hindi pa dapat tapos yung book.. anyway, going to book two, oh man! ang galeeeng.. i swear.. deserve nya mataas na rating.

here's a rundown of the plot.. a little bit spoiler so highlight at your own risk.:)

The book is of course all about teens na may "talent" .. somewhat like x-men. Tapos sa setting nila, lahat ng teens na may talent eh kinukuha ng government para icontrol. So of course, everyone's afraid na kunin sila kaya lahat tinatago na they can do something. Yung bida na girl.. obsessed yung dad nya na iprotect sila ng kapatid nya. Joss has telekinesis while yung bidang guy na si Dylan is like hollowman.. haha Mr. Invisible. Ginawang loner ni Joss yung sarili nya in an attempt to divert all attention from her pero some things happen tapos biglang yung mga classmates nya sa school eh naglabasan na meron din palang mga powers. The kinda band together to protect each other. Ang ganda kasi pov ni Joss and Dylan (i won't give out any other spoilers about Dylan.. haha, you reaaally have to read the book :) ) yung nasa book. You'd see how they like each other pero they're both afraid. Pero they get together naman sa book 2 so don't worry. Book two is full full full of action and romance. Super nakakakilig sila dito :cloud9: and ang ganda ng plot. Parang bumawi si author ng bonggang bongga. I love it :)

so there.. i'm gushing about it :dance: i love itttt... sana may next book pa :)

-------------------------------

i'll be reading.. hmm... again, i dunno yet. haha ;)

Daughter of smoke and bones-medyo boring ang simula. Pero gumaganda habang tumatagal. Mabilis kasi ako ma inip muntik ko ng hindi ituloy. Buti na lng naging patient ako. I really like it so far.

:hello:
Talent Chronicles (Hush Money and Heroes Til Curfew) - ang ganda! super ganda! ang ganda ganda!!! haha i'm so happy i gave these two a shot. Kung mapapansin sa goodreads, 4 stars nalang rating ng Hush Money.. that's because bitin yung dulo.. i mean, natapos yung conflict pero parang hindi pa dapat tapos yung book.. anyway, going to book two, oh man! ang galeeeng.. i swear.. deserve nya mataas na rating........

:salute::thumbsup:thanks for the reco! i read the first book and nasa 1/3 pa lang ako ng second book and i so agree with you, ang ganda nga! i so love it! medyo bitin yung book 1 and super kakakilig yung book 2 although 1/3 pa nga lang nababasa ko un part na wherein ...kakaumpisa nila maging mag on.

maybe i'll finish reading it later. for sure puyatan na naman. haha
---------------

:salute:i've read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone coz i was intrigued by the consistent RECO. :lol: and it turned out good. medyo naboring lang ako sa umpisa but its a nice read after all. i had been curious kung ano ba talaga ang pagkatao ni Karou and i can't stop my self getting excited dun sa part wherein sinabi ni Akiva na ..." I know who you are."
Thanks for the RECO!

----------------------
by the way here are :book:other books that i've read for the previous days, weeks or month?

:thumbsup:Book 2 of the Shadow Grail Series by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill - Conspiracies
>YA, maganda sya mala harry potter din ang tema ng story. i recommend it for others to read.

:thumbsup:Sophie Jordan's Firelight and Vanish
> ang ganda nito! a story about love, frindship, shape shifters, super powers. This one is a GOOD READ. but so kabitin! maybe may next book pa and i'm looking forward to it so it deserves a reco.

:thumbsup:Michael Grant's Gone Novel Series
> maganda din sya, i read each book after another until matapos kong basahin lahat ng released books. mala x-men din ang dating, a story wherein all adults were gone and the teens and children were left in a contained environment by themselves. some characters have superpowers. tells a story about survival and war between good and bullies

:thumbsup:Kelly Armstrong's Darkest Powers Trilogy Series. "The Summoning", "The Awakening" and "The Reckoning"
> maganda rin ito! about super natural powers, ghost, werewolves. its action- suspense packed story. This I also recommend for you to read guys!

:thumbsup:Confession of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford
> OK ito para naman maiba ng kwento if you're not in the mood to read about supernaturals.. it's a light read, and funny at times. a story about family, wealth, confessions of teens and forgiveness.

:approve::nerd:Piper Banks' Summer of the Geek and Revenge of the Geek
> light read, a story about highschool life of a geek, family and friendship. nice read for the teens. nice to read if you get tired of heavy reading.. haha pang unwind ba after :hypnotized:serious reading some book series

:approve:Witch and Wizzard series by James Patterson
> this one i just got interested kasi one time nakita ko sya sa bookstore and the book kinda got may attention. :lol: so i searched the book agad dito sa symbianize paguwi ko sa bahay. it turned out a Good read and super kabitin ang book 1 so i rooted for the next book and the next one ulit. recommended for teens. story about magic, suspense action sya.

:alright:The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
> a story about a lawyer turned to housekeeper. ok din if you like the works of sophie kinsella, but i liked her shopaholic series
better than this.

:disapprove:Very LeFreak by Rachel Cohn - SO BORING!! not recommended! LOL:slap:

ooops sorry for the long post! :lol:

i've read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone coz i was intrigued by the consistent RECO.

ako ba ang pinapatungkulan mo? ha? ha? ha? :ranting:

:lmao:

glad that you like the book...although...3 out of 3 na (you, lycan, yche) napwersa este naencourage ko na magbasa nito eh nabore sa 1st part :giggle:

and thanks for the recos too! nice rating system :)

---------------

yche

i'm halfway na sa Unwind...ang bigat kasi sa dibdib ng topic, that's why i usually avoid dystopian (would you believe 1/3 pa lang ako sa Hunger Games? people don't kill me! :lol: ) type of books....para nga kasing mangyayari talaga yun sooner or later eh.

yung main idea ng Unwind, it's very unique way of saying that "killing" the person for the betterness (may word ba na ganun? lol) of the world. but does it really make it better? maybe for a small part (people saved by getting the body parts of the unwind) but being an Unwind and having no choice on the matter....i feel helpless and sad while reading it.

in conclusion...i'll still finish the book hopefully before the year ends :lol: for the meantime...i need some happy books :rofl:

Last edited:

@mystuffs - hi! i'm so glad the reco worked for ya! sana may iba rin na nagbasa and sana may next book pa for Talent Chronicles noh?:clap: I have read and also recommended some of the books na nirate mo. I agree with your comments for them. :thumbsup:

@maysapaw - ooohh.. bute ka pa you can jump from one book to another. Ako i can only do that pag hindi ko talaga trip yung book. Pag naexcite na ko from the start, wala na.. after 2-5 hours, tapos na (it's kinda a problem for me..is there such a thing as obsessive reading? haha). I know how you feel.. yung parang maiimagine mo na talgang those things could happen in the near (or far) future. Grabe, naapektuhan talaga ako dyan sa Unwind. Hey! you should finish Hunger Games na! ;) sa isang banda, i envy you for not yet finishing it. Ako parang 2-3 days ko lang yan binasa and although i uber as in over the top loved it... i can't re-read the whole series. Para kasing.. hmm.. exhausting? Maybe next year.. or the year after that :lol:

------------------------------------

i'll be updating my first post for recommendation mamaya or bukas since napansin madami pala talagang nagbabasa ng thread na to.

------------------------------------

btw, botohan ngayon sa goodreads for best books on each genre.. grabe, i can't decide for ya books.. it's sooo darn hard to choose kasi sa isang genre i like 2-4 books.. errr.... any of you guys voting?

ako ba ang pinapatungkulan mo? ha? ha? ha? :ranting:

tinamaan ba? hahaha. Thanks din!

@yche09 thanks for recommending the Talent Chronicles. I really liked it! :clap: :thumbsup:I finished reading the 3 books. un palang short story has different characters from the 2 books. Heroes Til Curfew is super kakilig! There's just this part that i'm a bit clouded :slap: about (spoiler ahead...) Eric. I'm quite confused? does it mean hindi sya talaga NIAC undercover?

i searched sa net and nakita ko sa website nung author na may next book pa and it's called Heroes Under Siege but she's working on it palang. :excited: excited na ko for the next book.

^ nope hindi talaga sya member ng NIAC. yepyep i'm sooo excited din for the next book. Parang iniimprove talaga ni author yung writing nya eh. it's great :)

currently reading Die for me by amy plum. its nice naman. hindi boring kaya tuloy tuloy pa ako sa pag babasa. kakaiba paranormal kasi hindi siya werewolf, vampire or ghost.

^ mukhang maganda ah. taas ng rating sa Amazon. sige isunod ko yan after ng Immortal Rider.

:)

reco's :

NIGHT CIRCUS - super fantasy and magic! ang galing ng author magdescribe.Parang andun ako talaga sa book and nakikita ko lahat ng places and things na ginawa nila with magic..

STARCROSSED - PERIGREE - wanna give hot half alien a chance? nako, i love this one kasi nakaka in love si Arik. :cloud9:

STRANGERS - uber hot! pero super sweet din. don't be fooled! hindi porket nasa "ellora's cave" sya eh puro hot scenes lang laman. I swear nagulat ako sa novel na to. I'm all for sweetness and lovelovelove pero hindi lang yun ang laman nito.. meron ding depth and pinakita talaga kung bakit ganun yung characters nila. Yung mga past nila na nakakaloka.. etc. Para tong Love Unscripted pero mas hot :)

ayun.. hehe konti palang nabasa ko kasi all i do nowadays eh mag "monitor-shopping" (internet term for window shopping :lol:)

Finished die for me. Hmmm. Ok lang. Parangmababaw sakin. Mga 3/5.

^ nakow...sinimulan ko pa mandin yan :lol: maidrop muna bago magsimula ang....

...i decided starting december 2011 - i'll read and finish whatever book i am reading one at a time (unless super bored ako)....i will not jump from book to book to the point i forgot na which are the unfinished ones!

sana...sana...magawa ko ito :lol:

^ nakow...sinimulan ko pa mandin yan :lol: maidrop muna bago magsimula ang....

...i decided starting december 2011 - i'll read and finish whatever book i am reading one at a time (unless super bored ako)....i will not jump from book to book to the point i forgot na which are the unfinished ones!

sana...sana...magawa ko ito :lol:

Haha parang ganun din ako. Try mo din read sis. Ok naman siya. Ibang paranormal romance kasi hindi vamp at wolves. Saka recommendko sayo nightshade. First chapter palang may wow factor na. Sana hanggang end din.

Last edited:

Guys! Rec ko lang Angelfall by Susan Ee. Hindi nyo aakalaing indie book lang sya sobrang ganda kasi e. Angel apocalypse to. The angel Raffe reminded me a little of Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. They're both badass and ridiculously good-looking but Raffe shows more emotion than Akiva. The heroine is a badass too! May pagka-gory lang talaga sya parang Unwind. Original ang plot, ganda! <3

Guys! Rec ko lang Angelfall by Susan Ee. Hindi nyo aakalaing indie book lang sya sobrang ganda kasi e. Angel apocalypse to. The angel Raffe reminded me a little of Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. They're both badass and ridiculously good-looking but Raffe shows more emotion than Akiva. The heroine is a badass too! May pagka-gory lang talaga sya parang Unwind. Original ang plot, ganda! <3

mataas ang rating sa goodreads. marked as to read

Back
Top Bottom