Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Hello everyone! I haven't read a book in over a month due to time constraints. Pero I finally had time earlier this week and so I read Unwind by Neal Schusterman. He really knows how to weave a story and his idea is very original. One part in the later half of the book is quite chilling. Can't wait for the next book! :)

I'm going to read Sophie's World next but that's not a book I can keep reading all in one go since it needs time to be absorbed.

Any other suggestions? :)

Last edited:

@maysapaw @novelcsanchez

don't worry po, im already 24. haha :) i started reading IAD, so hooked. nappuyat na kaka basa. :) romance and paranormal mga gsto ko rn, mnsan me halong chic lit. :) dami ko nappulot na mgganda books sa thread nyo. love love ko dito :p hehehe. pagdating sa paranormal fan ako ng mga fallen angels. hehehe. waaahh! adik ako tlga, dko maibaba ang iPad kakabasa, buti nlng me e-book, i used to spend so much sa pagbili bili, thanks!!! :)

^ wooohoo! another IAD fan! same age lang pala tayo:p

pinagpupuyatan ko ngayon eh yung hathaway series by lisa kleypas, 4th book na ako:clap:

@novel sa hathaway i love book 2....but i realized that i love book 5 the most :)

@letletm good to know you are LEGAL :lol: enjoy the paranormal books :)

^the 5th is the best book for me too! Si Christopher lang yung parang "outsider" talaga, kasi si Cam and Merripen magkapatid, tsaka si Harry and Cat.

I'm currently reading Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto, yung Pinay author. I read it before pero I abandoned it after reading the first 20 pages:lol: I wasn't thrilled by it. I decided to finish it today. Parang collection ng short stories, makikita mo yung influence ng Phil Literature sa book nya.

^@novel

when you put it in that context, yup Christopher is indeed an outsider :)

i especially like the first few chapters of the book, when they were exchanging mails.

i haven't read yung book ni S. Sotto. the synopsis didn't catch my attention kasi :)

and, pinaninidigan ko ngayon ang pagbabasa ng ibang genre....let see :lol:

btw, @novel, how's your medical thriller books going on? :rofl:

iamactuallyjustwaitingforLisaKleypasnewbookcomingoutattheendofthemonth :lol:

Last edited:

^ yung lalabas na book ni LK, contemporary ba or historical? wala bang teaser? Hindi pa ko nakapagbasa ng contemporary nya eh, I'll probably read the Travises series after reading Sotto's novel.

^ it's contemporary, 2nd book sa Harbor series nya.

read mo na ang Travis series, maganda ang books 2 and 3 :D

errrr...isingit ko lang.

ako ay KINIKILIG sa panunuod ng Downton Abbey :wub:

it's like my favorite historical love stories come to life :lol:

^what's wrong with the Book 1?
Medical thrillers? wala na! natabunan na ng historical and YA. :lol:

^ the usual problem with the 1st book of a series. where they tend to set up everything for the coming books, meaning the focus is split with other characters. and the love story on that one started midway na.

@maysapaw : thanks for recommending Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard. It's really good, it tugs my heart on most part! and that's what i like....:)

^ in case you haven't read Lisa Kleypas's Hathaways series, please do. especially book 5, that one will tug your heart as well :)

^You're right about Sugar Daddy, more than half of the story is about Liberty and Hardy, sa dulo na lang na introduce si Gage. I enjoyed the 3rd book best!:clap: Si Joe na lang natitira, so, meron pang 4th book?

^ supposed to be wala...but a lot of LK's fans are clamoring for a Joe's story. she might do it ater Harbor series though :)

if you are done with her series and you still want to read her books, i believe her stand-alone books are equally good as well :)

^aww, poor Joe! Maski sana novella lang... I checked LK's wikipedia page, this year pala ipa-publish yung books 2-4 ng Harbor series. I'll read the first book para naman ma-excite din ako pag labas nung 2nd book.:lol:

btw, meron na ba ditong nakabasa ng Bishop series by Kay Hooper? Maganda kaya? hehe

^ in case you haven't read Lisa Kleypas's Hathaways series, please do. especially book 5, that one will tug your heart as well :)

I've done reading the hathaway series by lisa kleypas but pinakagusto ko is yung seduce me sunrise.

still looking for book that tugs the heart. yung nasasaktan ka sa mga dialogues nila...:p pansin ko lang mas gusto ko yung historical novel dati kesa ngayon. mas walang emotion yung mga character ngayon e. like the one i'm reading right now which is the wedding affair by leigh micheals - the story starts out right but eventually it dulls. hayyy

these are the books that i really2 LOVE.. i just picked the ones that im sure youre going to love as well.. im so picky in a book that i read and i tell you i have read alot and when i recommend, you can expect that its GOOd and will make you really kilig because thats what i want in a book...

so there you go...

1. my all time favorite! ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. PERFECT CHEMISTRY
4. THE VINCENT BOYS
5. DOUBLE CLUTCH

read.. i promise you.. i mean you can take my word on it! its worth it.. youll want to read it over and over again..
:D
search the rating and reviews in http://www.goodreads.com

^ I am interested in reading The Vincent boys by Abby Glines because I just finished reading her Breathe. BUT I really want to read her Because of Low, hehe, I liked Marcus a lot in Breathe.:p kaso wala pa yatang copy dito sa symbianize eh...:noidea:

Halllooww my dears! ^_^

Pasingit muli.. ^^

Reco ko lang:

AMPLIFIED by Tara Kelly - Nice contemporary YA. This is all about a girl's courage pag nasa real world na (away from parents and all) plus finding her self sa gitna ng stage fright nya. I love how the story unraveled. Not much loveydoves pero kk lang...

GEEK GIRL by Cindy C. Bennett - Maybe not as intense as Heart on a Chain pero tinatackle parin yung child abuse and nakakatouch parin. Kilig factor = 85% ? hehehe i dunno. may 90% .. it's all so cute kasi si geek and si weird punk girl mga bida.

DREAM CHASER - Liked Step Up? I'm sure makakarelate kayo dito. I waited for this personally because uber fan ako ng mga dance movies. I love it hindi lang dahil cute sila.. i guess i love it kasi para akong nanunuod ng movie? It's like i can see them. Anywayyy.. maganda rin yung lesson ng story. It'll make you wanna be a dancer. haha ^_^

❤❤❤ I'm finished na sa Percy Jackson Series and i MUST,, MUST MUST MUST say that we all SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD read it. I've never felt this way about a ya/middle grade series.. not since Harry Potter. I was listening to audio versions nito and glancing sa book from time to time. I love the series kasi super filled with adventure.. as in jam packed! Sobrang wth (i mean.. anu nangyare? bat parang super iniba) yung movie kung icocompare. Sayang, it would have been a good movie series kung binigyan nila ng chance at hindi super iniba especially the AGE. Anywayyy.. ang ganda ng story line nung series and the way it ended.. just oh so satisfying. Madami din lessons.. like friendship, how parents should not abandon their kids etc etc.... Basta.. please do read it if you have the time :)

Ayan muna ^^ I'm just re-reading paranormal romances (Kerrelyn Sparks, Nalini Singh, Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione) for now since yun ang mga nakuha ko nung birthday ko hehehe. ;)

@shelko23 - Hello! I am a big fan of your list din! Except i don't recommend reading the second book of Double Clutch hehehe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom