Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Famous Quotes By Famous People

Abraham Lincoln

images

Biography
Type: President
Nationality: American
Born: February 12, 1809
Died: April 15, 1865

A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.

Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.

As our case is new, we must think and act anew.

Avoid popularity if you would have peace.

Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.

Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough.

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.

Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.

Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say for one that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem.

Every one desires to live long, but no one would be old.

Everybody likes a compliment.

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.

He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.

He who molds the public sentiment... makes statutes and decisions possible or impossible to make.

Hold on with a bulldog grip, and chew and choke as much as possible.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.

I can make more generals, but horses cost money.

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.

I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end... I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.

I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.

I hope to stand firm enough to not go backward, and yet not go forward fast enough to wreck the country's cause.

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.

I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.

I was losing interest in politics, when the repeal of the Missouri Compromise aroused me again. What I have done since then is pretty well known.

I will prepare and some day my chance will come.

I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.

If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business.

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.

If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.

If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg.

Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.

In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be wrong.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Knavery and flattery are blood relations.

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.

Lets have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.

Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory.

Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Never stir up litigation. A worse man can scarcely be found than one who does this.

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.

No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent.

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.

Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as a heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors.

Public opinion in this country is everything.

Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.

Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar.

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.

Some day I shall be President.

Some single mind must be master, else there will be no agreement in anything.

Stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality.

Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.

That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.

The assertion that "all men are created equal" was of no practical use in effecting our separation from Great Britain and it was placed in the Declaration not for that, but for future use.

The ballot is stronger than the bullet.

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.

The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.

The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew.

The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person.

The people themselves, and not their servants, can safely reverse their own deliberate decisions.

The people will save their government, if the government itself will allow them.

The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.

The time comes upon every public man when it is best for him to keep his lips closed.

The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.

There is another old poet whose name I do not now remember who said, "Truth is the daughter of Time."

These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert, to fleece the people.

These men ask for just the same thing, fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have.

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

To give victory to the right, not bloody bullets, but peaceful ballots only, are necessary.

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.

Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored.

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.

What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself.

Whatever you are, be a good one.

When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.

When I hear a man preach, I like to see him act as if he were fighting bees.

When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run.

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.

With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds.

With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.

With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.

Muhammad Ali

images

Biography
Type: Athlete
Born: January 17, 1942

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing.

Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.

At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far.

Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life.

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace.

I figure I'll be champ for about ten years and then I'll let my brother take over - like the Kennedys down in Washington.

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin' hell, but as long as they ain't free, I ain't free.

I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.

I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.

I'll beat him so bad he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.

I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.

I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them.

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.

It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.

It's not bragging if you can back it up.

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.

Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don't let yourself believe it will happen to you.

My toughest fight was with my first wife.

My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world.

No one knows what to say in the loser's locker room.

Old age is just a record of one's whole life.

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.

Superman don't need no seat belt.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.

The man who has no imagination has no wings.

The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.

There are no pleasures in a fight but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.

To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich.

Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.

We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.

What keeps me going is goals.

When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.

Napoleon Bonaparte

images

Biography
Type: Leader
Nationality: French
Born: August 15, 1769
Died: May 5, 1821

A celebrated people lose dignity upon a closer view.

A Constitution should be short and obscure.

A leader is a dealer in hope.

A man cannot become an atheist merely by wishing it.

A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

A revolution can be neither made nor stopped. The only thing that can be done is for one of several of its children to give it a direction by dint of victories.

A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets.

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

A throne is only a bench covered with velvet.

A true man hates no one.

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

All religions have been made by men.

Ambition never is in a greater hurry that I; it merely keeps pace with circumstances and with my general way of thinking.

Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

An army marches on its stomach.

Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals.

England is a nation of shopkeepers.

Forethought we may have, undoubtedly, but not foresight.

Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets.

France has more need of me than I have need of France.

From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.

He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.

He who knows how to flatter also knows how to slander.

History is a set of lies agreed upon.

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.

I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other.

I am the successor, not of Louis XVI, but of Charlemagne.

I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up.

I have only one counsel for you - be master.

I love power. But it is as an artist that I love it. I love it as a musician loves his violin, to draw out its sounds and chords and harmonies.

I made all my generals out of mud.

If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.

If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots.

If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.

If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.

Imagination rules the world.

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.

In order to govern, the question is not to follow out a more or less valid theory but to build with whatever materials are at hand. The inevitable must be accepted and turned to advantage.

In politics stupidity is not a handicap.

In politics... never retreat, never retract... never admit a mistake.

It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.

It requires more courage to suffer than to die.

Let the path be open to talent.

Medicines are only fit for old people.

Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues.

Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

Men take only their needs into consideration - never their abilities.

Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.

One must change one's tactics every ten years if one wishes to maintain one's superiority.

One should never forbid what one lacks the power to prevent.

Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me.

Public opinion is the thermometer a monarch should constantly consult.

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

Respect the burden.

Riches do not consist in the possession of treasures, but in the use made of them.

Skepticism is a virtue in history as well as in philosophy.

Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them.

Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.

Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

The act of policing is, in order to punish less often, to punish more severely.

The army is the true nobility of our country.

The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.

The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.

The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.

The extent of your consciousness is limited only by your ability to love and to embrace with your love the space around you, and all it contains.

The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue.

The French complain of everything, and always.

The great proof of madness is the disproportion of one's designs to one's means.

The herd seek out the great, not for their sake but for their influence; and the great welcome them out of vanity or need.

The human race is governed by its imagination.

The infectiousness of crime is like that of the plague.

The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know.

The strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind.

The surest way to remain poor is to be an honest man.

The torment of precautions often exceeds the dangers to be avoided. It is sometimes better to abandon one's self to destiny.

The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.

The word impossible is not in my dictionary.

There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.

There are only two forces that unite men - fear and interest.

There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed.

There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time.

There is only one step from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.

To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god.

Victory belongs to the most persevering.

War is the business of barbarians.

Water, air, and cleanness are the chief articles in my pharmacy.

We must laugh at man to avoid crying for him.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?

When small men attempt great enterprises, they always end by reducing them to the level of their mediocrity.

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.

With audacity one can undertake anything, but not do everything.

Women are nothing but machines for producing children.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.

You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.

Napoleon Hill

images

Biography
Type: Writer
Born: October 26, 1883
Died: November 8, 1970

A goal is a dream with a deadline.

Action is the real measure of intelligence.

All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.

All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination, Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth.

Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.

Before success comes in any man's life, he's sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That's exactly what the majority of men do.

Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.

Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.

Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.

Don't wait. The time will never be just right.

Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.

Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.

Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.

Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success.

Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work for which he is best suited.

Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.

First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.

Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.

Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.

Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it.

Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes.

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.

If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.

If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water's edge.

It has always been my belief that a man should do his best, regardless of how much he receives for his services, or the number of people he may be serving or the class of people served.

It is always your next move.

It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.

It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.

Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.

Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true.

Money without brains is always dangerous.

More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth.

Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.

Nature cannot be tricked or cheated. She will give up to you the object of your struggles only after you have paid her price.

No accurate thinker will judge another person by that which the other person's enemies say about him.

No man can succeed in a line of endeavor which he does not like.

No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.

No man is ever whipped until he quits in his own mind.

One must marry one's feelings to one's beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one's life.

Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.

Procrastination is the bad habit of putting of until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.

Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire.

Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.

Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best.

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.

The best way to sell yourself to others is first to sell the others to yourself.

The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.

The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.

The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does.

The most interesting thing about a postage stamp is the persistence with which it sticks to its job.

The starting point of all achievement is desire.

The way to develop decisiveness is to start right where you are, with the very next question you face.

The world has the habit of making room for the man whose actions show that he knows where he is going.

There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.

There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.

Think and grow rich.

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.

Understand this law and you will then know, beyond room for the slightest doubt, that you are constantly punishing yourself for every wrong you commit and rewarding yourself for every act of constructive conduct in which you indulge.

Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.

War grows out of the desire of the individual to gain advantage at the expense of his fellow man.

We begin to see, therefore, the importance of selecting our environment with the greatest of care, because environment is the mental feeding ground out of which the food that goes into our minds is extracted.

When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.

When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.

Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.

You can start right where you stand and apply the habit of going the extra mile by rendering more service and better service than you are now being paid for.

You give before you get.

You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself.

Your ability to use the principle of autosuggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning obsession.

Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.

Nelson Mandela

images

Biography
Type: Statesman
Nationality: South African
Born: July 18, 1918

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.

Communists have always played an active role in the fight by colonial countries for their freedom, because the short-term objects of Communism would always correspond with the long-term objects of freedom movements.

Does anybody really think that they didn't get what they had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

I cannot conceive of Israel withdrawing if Arab states do not recognize Israel, within secure borders.

I detest racialism, because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man.

I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.

I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses.

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

If the United States of America or Britain is having elections, they don't ask for observers from Africa or from Asia. But when we have elections, they want observers.

If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.

In my country we go to prison first and then become President.

It always seems impossible until its done.

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.

Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.

Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.

Money won't create success, the freedom to make it will.

Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.

Only free men can negotiate; prisoners cannot enter into contracts. Your freedom and mine cannot be separated.

There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.

There is no such thing as part freedom.

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.

When the water starts boiling it is foolish to turn off the heat.

Niccolo Machiavelli

images

Biography
Type: Writer
Nationality: Italian
Born: May 3, 1469
Died: June 21, 1527

A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise.

A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example.

A son can bear with equanimity the loss of his father, but the loss of his inheritance may drive him to despair.

A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests.

Before all else, be armed.

Benefits should be conferred gradually; and in that way they will taste better.

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible; which is one of those disgraceful things which a prince must guard against.

God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us.

Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil.

He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command.

Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.

I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.

It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved.

It is necessary for him who lays out a state and arranges laws for it to presuppose that all men are evil and that they are always going to act according to the wickedness of their spirits whenever they have free scope.

It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles.

Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions.

Men are so simple and yield so readily to the desires of the moment that he who will trick will always find another who will suffer to be tricked.

Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared.

Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others.

Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.

Men shrink less from offending one who inspires love than one who inspires fear.

Nature that framed us of four elements, warring within our breasts for regiment, doth teach us all to have aspiring minds.

Never was anything great achieved without danger.

No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.

Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.

One change always leaves the way open for the establishment of others.

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.

Politics have no relation to morals.

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Severities should be dealt out all at once, so that their suddenness may give less offense; benefits ought to be handed ought drop by drop, so that they may be relished the more.

Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking.

Tardiness often robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.

The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love.

The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous.

The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

The main foundations of every state, new states as well as ancient or composite ones, are good laws and good arms you cannot have good laws without good arms, and where there are good arms, good laws inevitably follow.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.

The new ruler must determine all the injuries that he will need to inflict. He must inflict them once and for all.

The one who adapts his policy to the times prospers, and likewise that the one whose policy clashes with the demands of the times does not.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.

The wish to acquire more is admittedly a very natural and common thing; and when men succeed in this they are always praised rather than condemned. But when they lack the ability to do so and yet want to acquire more at all costs, they deserve condemnation for their mistakes.

There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless.

There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.

There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt.

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

To understand the nature of the people one must be a prince, and to understand the nature of the prince, one must be of the people.

War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms.

War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans.

We cannot attribute to fortune or virtue that which is achieved without either.

When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred.

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

Whoever conquers a free town and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.

Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times.

Oprah Winfrey

images

Biography
Type: Entertainer
Born: January 29, 1954

As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.

Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.

Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.

Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.

Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself.

For everyone of us that succeeds, it's because there's somebody there to show you the way out.

I always knew I was destined for greatness.

I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull.

I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.

I don't believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.

I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.

I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life.

I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.

I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.

I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life.

I'm black, I don't feel burdened by it and I don't think it's a huge responsibility. It's part of who I am. It does not define me.

I'm not even kind of a lesbian.

I'm sick of people sittin' in chairs stating their problems. Then we roll the videotape... then we have our experts on the topic... I'm in the 'What's next?' phase of my career.

If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.

If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit.

It isn't until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are - not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within - that you can begin to take control.

It's much easier for me to make major life, multi-million dollar decisions, than it is to decide on a carpet for my front porch. That's the truth.

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.

My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.

My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you I the best place for the next moment.

Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.

She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person.

So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.

Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.

The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.

The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.

The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.

Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.

Turn your wounds into wisdom.

Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility.

Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.

What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.

What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come.

What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life, but in other people's lives.

When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes.

Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.

You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.

makabuluhan talaga mga quotes ni Einstein....galing!

makabuluhan talaga mga quotes ni Einstein....galing!

grabe sobrang makabuluhan talaga :praise: nakakabaliw hehe
enjoy :reading:
more to come

Back
Top Bottom