Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

curious lang ako..can u define inbound,outbound,csr,tsr,bpo and other call center terms?wat r there task? :)

INBOUND or INBOUND calls - kapag agents ang sumasagot ng calls from customers or clients.. most of the CSRs and TSRs are taking inbound calls..

OUTBOUND - where agents call the customer/client directly.. common ito sa mga backoffice agents, collections or non-voice accounts..

**pero pwede rin naman magsama yan.. initially mare-receive mo yung call which is inbound then tatawag ka ng ibang department or iko-callback mo si customer so outbound na yun.. example lang yan.. may mga accounts kasi na combination ng inbound at outbound..

CSR stands for Customer Service Representative.. other term is CSA which is Customer Service Associate.. they usually handle general inquiries, billing, claims, etc..

TSR - Technical Support Representative.. comes from the word technical which means they handle troubleshooting and other technical concerns..

BPO - Business Process Outsourcing, where clients extend their business offshore.. simply because to save money..

other call center terms.. to follow na lang po.. hehe! :slap:

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

kaylangan ko irefresh utak ko,haha,duguan ako nire..kung ok lang po pa link ng mga english lessons thankyou po,cp mode lang kc,wala po ako pc thanks

totoo po ba yung tarining bond sa convergys?

totoo po ba yung tarining bond sa convergys?

nung mga panahon ko po sa CVG-makati meron. render po nang 4months bago makaalis. di ko na matandaan if 20k yt or 25k. kaya nag AWOL na lang ako, kasi halos 2months pa lang ako jajaja. nahirapan ako mag uwian. hindi ko rin trip mag board. kaya AWOL na lang.

Last edited:

Kamusta mga ka toto? :)

gusto ko din matry magwork sa BPO pero not as call center agent.. :p

data analyst or back office support lang.. :)

Hi everyone.

It's nice to see and stumble upon this thread again. It's been long since I've last visited here.

I just want to share my experience.

Here it goes.

I've applied in IBM UP-A last march 7(I had my final interview the next day march 8), for a non-voice account. That's for "Melwood" a.k.a. Skype account. It was my third attempt in applying for a call center job , and so far, this was my best experience through the recruitment process. I've managed to complete the whole recruitment process this time, passing through the initial interview(group)-exam-2nd interview-exam-and final interview with one of the operations manager for that account. Having finished the whole process, it helped me a lot in gaining back my confidence, considering my previous attempts with the other company that I've applied for were such epic fails.

Anyway, to make the long story short, I didn't get the job. I honestly admit that my nerves got the better out of me, and, sad to say, I blew it off. I made one fatal mistake. Suffice it to say that I've forgotten one useful tip that I've seen here in this very thread that you've been reading now. Guess what I've forgotten?

*STAR*

Situation Task Action Result

My final interview experience:

At first, it was the usual chit-chat, the basics,those written in your resume, something that isn't written in your resume, work schedules, expected salary, familiarity with the account, et cetera. Then,

I was asked with the question that goes something like "what do you think is the most important trait a call center agent must possess?"

I've managed to answer that with 'patience'.

Well, honestly, even a newbie who's not yet in the business knows that! For you to stay in this industry, you'll need a great deal of patience, and when we say a great deal, that would mean *A LOT*.

Anyway, the follow up question was the one that knocked me off my brain. I had a mental block - almost total mental block.

Her follow up question for me was something like "can you give or cite an instance in your life when you've practiced your patience or when you've put it to use?"

My brain cells immediately went numb and dumb,
not being able to recall a situation that I could utilize so that I could formulate my answer.

I was dumbfounded. Nevertheless, I tried and managed to get something out of my mouth, just for the sake of providing an answer to the question being imposed on me. I improvised an answer. I've decided that at that moment, honesty might be something of help, even a little.

So my answer goes
"well, honestly, I can't remember for now any situation when I've exercised my patience. Except perhaps, maybe during this whole recruitment process, because yesterday, I've almost spent 8 hours here in the recruitment lounge, waiting for the whole recruitment process to go through."
( I know that seems a bit arrogant, but I thought that's better than being speechless and not being able to answer the question at all.)

I can't remember what happened after that.

I just remember that I've asked the o.m. when would I get to know the results. She told me that a higher ranking personnel would decide on that matter, but tentatively it's within a week.

A week later, I've got a phone call asking where my previous workplace was located, and the next day, a rider working for them went to our house,looking for me, just to verify the validity of my residency, making my mom sign some papers (with the attachment of my 'sketch' at the back). :D

After that, I haven't got any word from them at all.

I haven't received a rejection slip/letter/notice( whatever you want to call that) though, unlike the other applicants, where it's indicating the part of the recruitment process they have failed and/or why.

While I'm waiting for their promised call,
hoping with hope against hope because I haven't got 'the letter',
I've decided to go to our province in Nueva Ecija to visit my old folks,and to have a vacation as well.

After the elections, I was supposed to go back to the metro and was planning to follow up my application.

Unfortunately, something came up. I've undergone an unexpected and unplanned surgery last may 18 for an underlying ailment that was undetected, which I was unaware of, that almost killed me. I had a twisted ovarian cyst, and I've had an ex.lap & LSO done to me. Because of that, I was forced to rest for two to three months until I've fully recovered from my surgery. Now, I'm very much fine and when I go back to the metro, I'll be out again to look for a job and hopefully this time, I'll get the job -- my very first REAL job.
I'd like to be a TSR. :D

Has anyone experienced the same with IBM? Not getting a rejection letter,yet, not receiving any communication from them at all? Should I try there again or not?

By the way, can you give me some insights with regards to stream north edsa,vxi, cvg & ibm (up-a), and tp (fairview)? How about accenture?
Thanks. More power!

Last edited:

thank you very much ts.

@lean kahit matagal tagal na din follow up ka na lang ulit.
sa call center naman pag hindi ka tanggap alam mo na agad kasi bibigyan ka nila ng letter stating na yun nga, failed.
baka natabunan lang papel mo. nangyari din sa akin yan. after contract signing the same day na nag apply ako, nag antay lang ako ng tawag. wala pala sila opening pa for tsr. sa ibang site nila na lang daw ako ililipat. sabi ko antayin ko na lang pag nagkaroon na ng available slot sa site nila. nung nagkaroon, sa tagal, kelangan ko daw mag re-apply. haller. tinamad nko. lols

@caspering - thanks for your insight.
there's no harm in trying again, right?
it will take a day at the most if they'll ask me to reapply, but I think you're right.
at least, by doing a follow up, I'll get the clarification that I need.

by the way sir, may I know po the company you're working for right now,if you won't mind?

yup, balik ka na lang ulit. sa sis ko na lang ako nakatira ngaun, nagbabantay ng mga pamangkin jeje. malayo kasi work nya at wala naiiwan sa kanila. hindi na ako ulit bumalik ng BPO, first and last na yung sa makati.

ask ko lang po kung ok pong mag apply sa recruitment firm?

ask ko lang po kung ok pong mag apply sa recruitment firm?

mas maganda direct...
always naman hiring mga bpo at madami na talaga.
just my two cents...

gusto ko po sana non-voice, always hiring po ba sa non voice?

Nosebleed na ko..haha! I started to work in a local acct, and wanted to exp int'l naman..ang kaso e sabog sabog ako magenglish..alam mu ung maraming ideas pero di ko maayos? Kaya bulol bulol din ako.. Minsan naman ok ang salita ko e.. Pag nakomportable ako sa interviewer..pero pg hindi...owmaygas.. Ayun na.. Burol n ko.

Hi everyone.

It's nice to see and stumble upon this thread again. It's been long since I've last visited here.

I just want to share my experience.

Here it goes.

I've applied in IBM UP-A last march 7(I had my final interview the next day march 8), for a non-voice account. That's for "Melwood" a.k.a. Skype account. It was my third attempt in applying for a call center job , and so far, this was my best experience through the recruitment process. I've managed to complete the whole recruitment process this time, passing through the initial interview(group)-exam-2nd interview-exam-and final interview with one of the operations manager for that account. Having finished the whole process, it helped me a lot in gaining back my confidence, considering my previous attempts with the other company that I've applied for were such epic fails.

Anyway, to make the long story short, I didn't get the job. I honestly admit that my nerves got the better out of me, and, sad to say, I blew it off. I made one fatal mistake. Suffice it to say that I've forgotten one useful tip that I've seen here in this very thread that you've been reading now. Guess what I've forgotten?

*STAR*

Situation Task Action Result

My final interview experience:

At first, it was the usual chit-chat, the basics,those written in your resume, something that isn't written in your resume, work schedules, expected salary, familiarity with the account, et cetera. Then,

I was asked with the question that goes something like "what do you think is the most important trait a call center agent must possess?"

I've managed to answer that with 'patience'.

Well, honestly, even a newbie who's not yet in the business knows that! For you to stay in this industry, you'll need a great deal of patience, and when we say a great deal, that would mean *A LOT*.

Anyway, the follow up question was the one that knocked me off my brain. I had a mental block - almost total mental block.

Her follow up question for me was something like "can you give or cite an instance in your life when you've practiced your patience or when you've put it to use?"

My brain cells immediately went numb and dumb,
not being able to recall a situation that I could utilize so that I could formulate my answer.

I was dumbfounded. Nevertheless, I tried and managed to get something out of my mouth, just for the sake of providing an answer to the question being imposed on me. I improvised an answer. I've decided that at that moment, honesty might be something of help, even a little.

So my answer goes
"well, honestly, I can't remember for now any situation when I've exercised my patience. Except perhaps, maybe during this whole recruitment process, because yesterday, I've almost spent 8 hours here in the recruitment lounge, waiting for the whole recruitment process to go through."
( I know that seems a bit arrogant, but I thought that's better than being speechless and not being able to answer the question at all.)

I can't remember what happened after that.

I just remember that I've asked the o.m. when would I get to know the results. She told me that a higher ranking personnel would decide on that matter, but tentatively it's within a week.

A week later, I've got a phone call asking where my previous workplace was located, and the next day, a rider working for them went to our house,looking for me, just to verify the validity of my residency, making my mom sign some papers (with the attachment of my 'sketch' at the back). :D

After that, I haven't got any word from them at all.

I haven't received a rejection slip/letter/notice( whatever you want to call that) though, unlike the other applicants, where it's indicating the part of the recruitment process they have failed and/or why.

While I'm waiting for their promised call,
hoping with hope against hope because I haven't got 'the letter',
I've decided to go to our province in Nueva Ecija to visit my old folks,and to have a vacation as well.

After the elections, I was supposed to go back to the metro and was planning to follow up my application.

Unfortunately, something came up. I've undergone an unexpected and unplanned surgery last may 18 for an underlying ailment that was undetected, which I was unaware of, that almost killed me. I had a twisted ovarian cyst, and I've had an ex.lap & LSO done to me. Because of that, I was forced to rest for two to three months until I've fully recovered from my surgery. Now, I'm very much fine and when I go back to the metro, I'll be out again to look for a job and hopefully this time, I'll get the job -- my very first REAL job.
I'd like to be a TSR. :D

Has anyone experienced the same with IBM? Not getting a rejection letter,yet, not receiving any communication from them at all? Should I try there again or not?

By the way, can you give me some insights with regards to stream north edsa,vxi, cvg & ibm (up-a), and tp (fairview)? How about accenture?
Thanks. More power!

gusto ko talaga makapasok sa CC pero kahit paano sa lahat ng sinabi mo na english naintindihan ko lahat every word, ang hirap kasi kahit marunong ka makaintindi ng english hirap talaga magsalita lalo na't hindi talaga to ang 1st language mo hayss hirap talaga makapasa sa ganito klase ng trabaho. Good for you magaling kana hope makahanap kana ng work ulit lalo na ang lupit mo sa englisan hehehe:thumbsup:

Nosebleed na ko..haha! I started to work in a local acct, and wanted to exp int'l naman..ang kaso e sabog sabog ako magenglish..alam mu ung maraming ideas pero di ko maayos? Kaya bulol bulol din ako.. Minsan naman ok ang salita ko e.. Pag nakomportable ako sa interviewer..pero pg hindi...owmaygas.. Ayun na.. Burol n ko.

hi jofzjofz, andito ka rin pala jijiji.
kaya mo yan, jejeje. huwag ka lang kakabahan pasok ka...
pakiramdam ko talaga kayang kaya mo.

hi jofzjofz, andito ka rin pala jijiji.
kaya mo yan, jejeje. huwag ka lang kakabahan pasok ka...
pakiramdam ko talaga kayang kaya mo.
uu,ngkalat ako.. Haha.. San kaya maganda magapply?tech supp kc target ko e

Back
Top Bottom