Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

wala kasi ako alam sa mga call centers, pero narinig ko yung 24/7 kasi may inalis na account sa Convergys na inilipat daw sa 24/7. tsr yung nilipat. goodluck sis

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

Di pa ko ready,haha,tagal ko natengga e

gusto ko po sana non-voice, always hiring po ba sa non voice?

try mo din voice muna. maka apat or lima kang apply sigurado meron isa dyan na makukuha ka. minsan nauunahan lang tayo ng kaba. isipin mo na lang na nakikipag kwentuhan ka lang during interview. huwag ka mag iisip ng kung ano ano, relak lang kumbaga jeje. huwag ka din magtanong sa mga kasabay mo mag apply kung ano itinanong, mas maganda impromptu. huwag ka maghanda ng isasagot. maging makatotohanan. you can do it! aja! wish ko naman good luck din

gusto ko po sana non-voice, always hiring po ba sa non voice?

try mo din voice muna. maka apat or lima kang apply sigurado meron isa dyan na makukuha ka. minsan nauunahan lang tayo ng kaba. isipin mo na lang na nakikipag kwentuhan ka lang during interview. huwag ka mag iisip ng kung ano ano, relak lang kumbaga jeje. huwag ka din magtanong sa mga kasabay mo mag apply kung ano itinanong, mas maganda impromptu. huwag ka maghanda ng isasagot. maging makatotohanan. you can do it! aja! wish ko naman good luck din

thanks

Di pa ko ready,haha,tagal ko natengga e

first time ko nag apply sa isang call center eh. nagpraktis praktis din ako jajaja. vowel at conso sounds jajaja.
merriam webster ba, at yung "f, p, v, b pati soft at hard th"
kasi tanda ko nung nag aaral ako, hirap na hirap ako sa american "a" jajaja. buti na lang first try nakapasok ako.
praktis talaga makes perfect, so why praktis lols..
honestly, praktis lang talaga nakatulong sa akin. kausap ko sarili ko sa salamin. andyan magrekord ako ng boses ko tapos pakikinggan ko.
ang comment sa akin nung nag interview, minimal error sa grammar at masyado daw ako monotone. jajaja. pero trainable. mabilis naman daw ako sumagot eh, yun isa sa kailangan nila.
sa kanila nako nahasa sis.

edit:
dalawang katanungan lang natandaan ko sa akin
#1 Why call center?
#2 How will you compare chocolates to women?

Last edited:

Hi guys...

@caspering - oh. I thought you're still working as of now.. Why did you quit po? Have you grown tired of it?

@ xihnxd32 - don't waste your time on those recruitment firms. Most of them are just waste of time,effort & money. They'll just make you undergo some sort of 'similar' recruitment process, such as interview, reading exercise, will even make you listen to a 'sample' listening exam,then give you some sort of 'leakage' for the actual exam before giving you an endorsement letter or referral slip (whatever you want to call it) which you will submit to the hr personnel with your application form/resume. That piece of paper won't help you get anywhere. You'd still undergo the whole length of the recruitment process. No advantage at all. I've experienced it firsthand when I was a fresh grad (old story). However, if you're really into it, try excelAsia. I've read some good reviews about them. They provide free training with allowances(I'm not sure if they still do give allowances) if they see you have a potential (based on what I've read before). You may try to check them yourself.

Sir caspering is right. Don't be too anxious. Don't let your nerves overcome you. Just relax. Smile. Be confident and be yourself. It may help if you'll write a script for your answers. Don't memorize them if you'll create one. Just use it as a guide to organize your thoughts. If you'll memorize it,the interviewer will know right away if your answer sounds 'canned'. It would be better if you'll sound impromptu, meaning it's spontaneous enough for the interviewer to think that you respond to his/her questions at the moment out of your reflex. They take note how fast your thinking reflexes are.

@jofzjofz - hi. It really sucks when you've been idle for a while. You'll feel that you've become somewhat like rusty and your gears are out of function, and you feel like you need some sort of "reconditioning" before you decide to try it out again. I've been feeling that same way before, since I've become idle for three years & six months, :'( and again, recently for another six months.. :'( Try reading books to exercise your thinking reflexes. That's what I've been doing recently. It may help you to freshen up your mind.

@ jflaire21 - thanks for the comment. Just like what the others usually say, it's all just a matter of getting used to it, being accustomed to it. It takes a lot of practice, really. Thanks for your comment, if you find me 'malupit' when it comes to using English. My English is somewhat polished, because I used to be a writer before, back when I was younger,when I was still studying. I used to compete in writing competitions before so I've got only a little problem when it comes to written English. What I've been working on now is my spoken English. I don't have anyone to talk to using straight English as medium, so I only have myself, a voice recorder app, and a mirror to make do. :D

Tips for newbies like me out there:

If you're planning to look for a call center job (bpo), you might want to take some time to prepare yourself before going to the recruitment hub. It will save you a lot if you take time to prepare. As I've read once before, "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!". You wouldn't want to fail and be rejected,right?

So here are some of my tips to all newbies out there... Hope you find some of these tips helpful. :D

-Assess yourself. Are you ready? Do you know what to say? Do you know how to present yourself and your ideas? How about your grammar?

-If you're not so sure that you really are ready, then take some time to refresh yourself. How? Do the following:

-Grab a good book and read. Focus on what you read. Otherwise, it won't help you since you won't be absorbing much of what you should be getting from the story. This will help put your gears into motion. After reading two to three books, you'll find yourself 'oiled' enough, as your thinking reflexes respond quick enough. This exercise will make you anticipate what will happen next in the story you've been reading. That will put your mind at work, having piqued your curiosity on what will happen next as the story unravels itself.

-What kind of book to read?
There's a lot of good titles out there. For me, you should start with those with "adventure-action-thriller-suspense" themed books, as they are fast-paced. Dan Brown's books are my favorite. If it seems too much to take in at first, Nicholas Sparks' books will do.

-Why read, that's boring ?!
That's only if you want to exercise your mind's thinking reflexes. Reading isn't made for lazy people. If you want an alternative, watch English movies and tv series. You'll get more from reading rather than watching. When you read and you're really into it, you get a deeper level of thinking and analysis going on in your mind while the story unravels itself.

-Okay, I've read enough. I'm oiled enough. What's next? Imagine yourself in an interview scenario. Think of all the possible questions. Think of your skills and assets. With those at hand, create a guide - a script formulated from those ideas. Just to organize your train of thought.

-Then?
Have an English buddy. Try to find someone who's willing to talk to you in straight English all the time, for you to get accustomed to it. Having one will be a great help. You get to practice spontaneity, and you'll get used to the hang of it, being conversational in manner.

-If you don't have anyone to talk to, download a voice recorder app. Try easy voice recorder. Try to record yourself while reciting your supposed to be lines during the interview. This way, you'll be able to hear how you sound like and you'll learn somehow to modulate your voice and how to speak clearly,until you're satisfied with your speech.

-You may also try looking at yourself in front of a mirror while talking to yourself and reciting your lines.

-I'm satisfied with my speech. I'm confident enough. What's next?
Go to jobstreet.com, look for job postings
and plan where you want to apply.
Happy job hunting! Good luck!

Tip:

Always think in English. It will save you time,rather than thinking & forming your sentence in Tagalog, then translating it to English. Translation will take some time,3-10seconds maybe. Save yourself time & effort by thinking directly in English and forming your sentence in English.

If you find these tips helpful, a little thanks will do. : )

I hope what I've shared above will be somehow beneficial to you. If you somehow followed my tips, then you've somehow saved yourself from the humiliation and the depression you would feel if you failed at the initial interview because you weren't prepared. : D

Last edited:

Thanks sa info (@@)

jajaja pareho pala tyo lean... kausap sarili sa salamain at rekord rekord din pag may time. lols

nalayuan ako, kasi makati tapos probinsya. araw araw ganun.
ayaw ko din naman mag board. hirap talaga. puyat ng sagaran.

kaya nagdecide nako magresign, kaso may bond. hindi ko kasi nacomply yung minimum 4months of stay bago makapag resign ng walang bond.

oo nga, minimal din err mo sa written. pero hindi basta basta mahahalata. kung hindi ako nakapag train dun hindi ko rin makikita. pero minimal lang naman talaga.

sigurado pag dun ka nakapasok, talagang polished na polished
ka na. 99.9% kumbaga jeje parang safeguard. :D

nag AWOL na lang. jejeje

Just read english books (smiles) hindi yung pocket book na tagalog romance, haha.. And have a dictionary para lumawak vocabulary.. And always watch U.S T.V Series and Hollywood movies..

Thanks for this post. As a call center agent and as a TESDA Call Center Finishing Course instructor, this material is very useful to me. Thank you!

@caspering - oh. I see. I share that sentiments with you. it's really tiresome if you travel 4hours(or even more) a day,everyday,5days a week. I used to stay in SJDM,so I used to travel 4hours per day. you barely get a good sleep,especially if you're like me who can't fall asleep that easily.. at first, your body seems just fine, even if you're lacking sleep, but eventually your body will go against you and demand for its much needed rest. when I used to work earlier this year, I only get to sleep 5-6hours a day. it's a blessing when I get to sleep more than 4hours per day. I even remember myself to resort sometimes to alcohol to help me become sleepy, and eventually fall asleep. it's only during weekends that I indulge myself with sleep. (-._.-)

aw jajaja. ako yata 4 hours na pinakamatagal. mas madalas putol putol tulog.
pero pag nakapasok ka na ng IBM sa manila ka na titira?

read mode :thanks:

@mayette
libre yang sa TEsDa? ok yan ah, parang gusto ko yan subukan jejeje. dati hate ko english eh, di ko din naman dati
gusto mag call center agent NUON. chinallenge ko lang
sarili ko.

im considering it as an acquired taste, along with READING....

and im craving for more...

ummmm, what you are doing definitely ignites my earnest to step up to the next level.

but then again, im hookep-up sleeping and eating all day long. jajajaja..

I can stay in my father's house in commonwealth, but I'd rather not. it's quite crowded there, & I believe I won't be getting much of my needed rest if I'll stay there. I'd rather commute everyday. when I've saved enough, I'll rent my own place. I'd like to have my own peace. :D

aww, struggle na naman jejeje. anyway, madali naman makakaipon. balita ko malaki signing bonus sa IBM. pinag aapply ako dun dati katrabaho ko. umalis sa makati at dun lumipat. tanda ko 50k DAW signing bonus.
totoo ba yun? tsr din siya sa IBM edsa.

edit: sorry, matagal na nga pala yun. panahon pa ni gloria lols

Last edited:

thanks ts

@caspering - hahaha. it's nice to indulge yourself once in a while with the comforts of your home,having all of your time to yourself. you've got 24hours a day to allocate to whatever you want to do. :D eating, sleeping, watching tv till signing off, surfing the net till you fall asleep.... you don't need to wake up early to go to work,be it sunny, rainy, or even stormy outside... :D

but once you've had enough, you'll miss having a job or having something productive to do that will earn you something in return.

I'll be adjusting my routine again for me to get used to commuting everyday. quite a struggle at first, but it's something I can simply get accustomed to. after all, what's important for me,as of the moment, is to get myself a stable and solid job, which will gain me relevant experience,and eventually, my freedom. even if there's no signing bonus, I'll be happy to join a company whom I think is an equal opportunity employer. I've experienced a nightmare with my previous workplace before. the management was more on politics, rather than having fair judgment based on performance. I don't wanna be a part of a company like that. there ain't any growth you can expect from a company like that --
a not so good "first time" for me. : (

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom