Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: want to work in a BPO company???

''ahh.., kaya pala., hehe!, tama yan., astig nga ang work mo eh! :thumbsup: maya ko hit thanks mo., naubusan ako eh.. ''

:thanks: for subscribing to my thread..

:D

hehehehe! you made me laugh there.. :lol:

however as much as i would like to, i can't grant you're request for now coz i have cough.. :ill:

''wrong timing ka bro eh., next time na lang pag bumalik na normal kong voice., i'll record and upload it here.,''

:D

I'll be looking forward to that... :)

@gabranth - acknowledge boss., by the way, are you a cc agent as well?? :think:

wew
8 days to go then im done with my training
then they will recommend me on 3 companies
xD
post pa kayo hypothetical questions xD

yo esmhie!. . .which do you think is much better position,csr or tsr?:think:

@mhapz - for me TSR., it is much easier coz you just need to teach your customers on how to solve technical problems., more on troubleshooting., and you just need to follow certain steps based on your resources or tools., unlike CSR where you are entitled to do lot of things to satisfy your customers., they are more like universal agent., but it still depends on the account., hehe! :D

@failure - goodluck on your training.. :salute:

@gab - i thought you're an agent too., next time i'll grant you're request., doctor said i need to have a voice rest for 7 days., so sad.. :weep:

@gab - i thought you're an agent too., next time i'll grant you're request., doctor said i need to have a voice rest for 7 days., so sad.. :weep:

why? because I can write english sentences with minimal grammatical errors? hahaha. I hope you recover sooner :pray:

why? because I can write english sentences with minimal grammatical errors? hahaha. I hope you recover sooner :pray:
If I may butt in. I have worked in a call center for a brief period of time. And based on my observations, most of my working colleagues were not, uh, that good in writing. They're smooth talkers alright; but I find them deficient in written communication skills. Mostly, their errors were caused by thinking in Filipino and writing in English, a very common practice for those who learned English as just a second (and sometimes third) language. You'll know if a person is thinking in Filipino and transcribing his thoughts into English if his errors are more on verb conjugations, sentence structures and word usage.

:thanks: hehe., it's just an instinct..

:thanks: PadrePio., you're opinions are always welcome here., i really appreciate it..

on the other hand., i agree with you., even i commit a lot of slips., and after i realized my mistake i'll just press the mute button and say 'ano daw?!' haha., one way of releasing stress as well.. :D

If I may butt in. I have worked in a call center for a brief period of time. And based on my observations, most of my working colleagues were not, uh, that good in writing. They're smooth talkers alright; but I find them deficient in written communication skills. Mostly, their errors were caused by thinking in Filipino and writing in English, a very common practice for those who learned English as just a second (and sometimes third) language. You'll know if a person is thinking in Filipino and transcribing his thoughts into English if his errors are more on verb conjugations, sentence structures and word usage.

so what do you think about me? :)

:thanks: PadrePio., you're opinions are always welcome here., i really appreciate it..

on the other hand., i agree with you., even i commit a lot of slips., and after i realized my mistake i'll just press the mute button and say 'ano daw?!' haha., one way of releasing stress as well.. :D
Thanks. Although I'm just hoping that what I said won't be misconstrued and taken in the wrong context. That was just an honest observation. :)

I wasn't immune to grammatical booboos too, specially during my first month as a call center agent. I can still remember one such incident:

ME: Thank you for calling Sony. My name is _____, how may I help you today?

CUSTOMER: Hi. I'm having a problem with my Vaio laptop. It's got this pink spots around its screen's edges.

ME: Sir, before anything else, may I have the model number, please.

CUSTOMER: Sure. But uh. . . how do I know the model number?

ME: Sir, look for a string of letters and numbers in the kuwan. . .

(I paused for a few seconds because I was at a loss for words.)

CUSTOMER: Hmm. . . Okay, so where can I find kuweyn?

(At this point natawa ako bigla ng malakas while still on the phone. :lmao: )

ME: I'm sorry, sir. (nakangisi pa din ako at pinipigilan ang tawa.) I meant to say, look for a string of letters and numbers embossed in the lower right corner of the screen. It usually starts with VGN.​

Just one of those unforgettable moments. :D

thanks for sharing that experience sir pio

im learning...

@eshmie
i applied as a data encoder 2 weeks ago and they called me for requirements... i did not entertain it at all
i want to be in the bpo industry hehe

why did you choose to apply as an agent?
for the love of people
for the love of country
so help me God

:rofl:

I really like to hang at this thread,i learn so much in being a cc agent and how they answer query. .thanks ts for building up this kind of thread. .:10:

thanks pierrot for that spiel. .i try to act as an agent while reading your post.:lol: (and of c0urse i also answer myself as the client :rofl: )

@esmhie
so tsr hold the situati0n rather than the csr?:think:
may i know what is the m0st offer technical account here in the philippines? ( gadgets,telecom,appliances. . .?)

so what do you think about me? :)
You'll do. ;)

thanks for sharing that experience sir pio

im learning...

@eshmie
i applied as a data encoder 2 weeks ago and they called me for requirements... i did not entertain it at all
i want to be in the bpo industry hehe

why did you choose to apply as an agent?
for the love of people
for the love of country
so help me God

:rofl:
If I were the interviewer, I'd look at you straight in the eye, without batting my eyelids. Then I'll let a few seconds pass before I speak in a deliberately slow voice:

"Mr. Applicant," I'll say while pointing my finger at something. "Do you know what that is?"

"Th-that's a door, sir. . ." you'll say hesitantly.

"Damn right. And that door is special," I pause. "Do you know why?"

"No-no s-sir."

"Then let me tell you why," I'll declare, standing up. "That goddamn frickin' door was specially made for your goddamn frickin' exit."​

Last edited:

@PadrePio - i really laughed on that., hehe!, coz i remember some of my funniest moments too., :lol: thanks for sharing..

i'll just share one but this is from one of my wave mates., he/she/it is a former ofw in dubai for 6yrs., as expected he's accent is really thick and he's not also good in computers., he's typing using 'pindot system' coz he's kinda old., (but he is a chemical engineer and he is still good in math) hehe!, and the story is like this., he was explaining the bill to the customer..

AGENT: yes mam, you're billing cycle is from september 19 to october 18 blah blah

..apparently the customer was not able to understand him., and after 5mins i guess..

A: ok let me repeat it again ok! (super redundant with a sudden increase of tone) let me speak first ok?! You're billing cycle starts from september 19 'hanggang' october 18 ok?!, 'tapos' we are generating the bill on september 20 and your current charges are this and that....ok?!

..this incident happened last week and we were all laughing at him coz he didn't realize that he used tagalog words in explaining the bill., haha!, sitting beside him is a great pleasure coz you'll be able to enjoy taking calls and listening to him at the same time., he's even saying 'oh my God' to the customer., hahahaha! :rofl:

@failure - why did i choose to be an agent., first is because of a higher salary., earning 7K - 10K within 2 weeks is really worth it., even though the job is super stressful., second is because i enjoy it., honestly!, coz you'll learn lot of things about the account, the system, tools., from your customers.. all are new things., you'll gain experience.., team buildings.., lot of stuff to enjoy., and there's always new things everyday.. :D

@mhapz - thanks for the compliment., i'll agree to the point that tsr takes the full control on most of the call., that is one of the challenges of a csr especially in dealing with an irate caller.., however sometimes it's difficult to explain technical things and terms., coz you're not allowed to mention jargons and you have to explain the process in a very simple way., it's a bit irritating though., haha!, i wanted to try being a tsr too but not this time coz im still fond of being a csr even though all of my colleagues are forcing me for that., well about the accounts.., hmmm., i think most are gadgets and internet connection coz there's a lot of telco account in bpo industry., like AT&T and SPRINT..

You'll do. ;)

If I were the interviewer, I'd look at you straight in the eye, without batting my eyelids. Then I'll let a few seconds pass before I speak in a deliberately slow voice:

"Mr. Applicant," I'll say while pointing my finger at something. "Do you know what that is?"

"Th-that's a door, sir. . ." you'll say hesitantly.

"Damn right. And that door is special," I pause. "Do you know why?"

"No-no s-sir."

"Then let me tell you why," I'll declare, standing up. "That goddamn frickin' door was specially made for your goddamn frickin' exit."​

super harsh hehe.., but guys expect lot of harsh words from your customers., just like us that's one way of venting out., hehe!, not only that some will cry begging for help, curse you., and worst is having s*x with their partner while on the phone talking to you.. :lol:

you'll encounter crazy customers too., and that's true., i had this customer who at first is just a normal one inquiring about his services and then suddenly..

A: this is your current services blah blah

C: ok., how much is my monthly bill.,

A: you're monthly bill is $xx.xx..

C: why do i have this charge on my bill??

(and then i just explained all of his services again., one by one in detailed., when it was added., i did manual computation too thinking that he was confused at the moment., however i was totally wrong..)

A: have i answered all your concerns today?

C: nope!

A: why mr.xx, are you still confused with your bill., in what part?

C: everything!

A: you're saying ok in all the things i just explained and at the end you still don't get it?! (sarcastic tone)

C: i don't know., you didn't explain it to me in the first place..

A: what?! (higher tone) what do you mean by that?!

C: hmmmm., ripped off! ripped off! ripped off., i don't want to talk to you..

A: if that the case you can now hung up and give us a call back..

C: ripped off! ripped off! ripped off!

(i was super stressed on that call so even though we're not allowed to release the call, i released it!, i don't want to talk to him too!)

..until the very end he was just saying 'ripped off'.., haaaaay.., i hate the man who invented those words., hehe! :D

Last edited:

sorry for my previous post, i was only joking hehe
xD

im gonna backread again and make a list of the possible questions that I might encounter during interviews.

@eshmie
can I share the infos at the 1st page to my co-trainees?
We'll be discussing about job interview on the coming days :D

sorry for my previous post, i was only joking hehe
xD

im gonna backread again and make a list of the possible questions that I might encounter during interviews.

@eshmie
can I share the infos at the 1st page to my co-trainees?
We'll be discussing about job interview on the coming days :D

sure., no problem., i just don't have time yet to update the first page., i'm still thinking of a good concept., hehe! :D

Back
Top Bottom