Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: You want to make your own home solar? Pasok! Pictures ad

mga sir good day. .mayroon po akong 60 watts na solar panel. .bumli po ako ng FB battery( brand po yun) 150ah. .tanong ko lang po kung ok po bang gamitin yung battery para sa solar power energy. .wala po kasing nabibili na deep cycle charge na battery dito sa tacloban..thanks po sa sasagot. .
... pwede, ako nga up to now gumagamit pa rin ng motolite car battery 65ah... i-discharge mo lang sya up to 50% (12.2v, pls refer to page 21) para hindi agad masira... pero kung may charge controller ka, meron na yun automactic battery protection.... kung ang inverter mo naman ay may battery protection, magbi-beep yan pag over-discharge na ang battery.

... sana ok na kayo dyan sa tacloban.

Yes you can! With a 80 watts panel and 150 Ah bat, you can charge the bat without solar charger controller but you MUST check the state of charge of your battery with a tester to be sure that your bat does not overcharge... do you have an inverter? what appliances do you plan to use?

If the voltage is steady, it means you can add your breaker (kahit medyo mahaba ang wire!) but I still advice you to shorten the most you can... the length of the wire is not only a problem for the power loss but if the wire is not big and is long, it might overheat and melt... that's why it has to be the shortest as possible.
When you will test the 1rst time you should test without any load and without inverter on....

--------------------------------
sir gnito ung nklgay sa wire 16mm² 450/750v,
medjo big ung wire halos ksing taba ng ball pen, ang length 50 inch

tama b ung post q n pic sa pagttest ng volt pag mahaba ang wire?

... yung nasa-picture ay ang pag-tester ng "amperes", therefore hindi ganyan.

... dapat ay ang black lead ng tester ay naka plug sa COM at ang red lead ay nasa V... tapos, voltage ang ire-reading mo... positive-negative lang ng pinakadulo ng wire na nakakabit sa battery ididikit ang tester (positive-negative din)... tapos iku-compare mo sa voltage ng battery na sa mismong battery pole tinester.

... naka-off lang ang inverter.

... yung nasa-picture ay ang pag-tester ng "amperes", therefore hindi ganyan.

... dapat ay ang black lead ng tester ay naka plug sa COM at ang red lead ay nasa V... tapos, voltage ang ire-reading mo... positive-negative lang ng pinakadulo ng wire na nakakabit sa battery ididikit ang tester (positive-negative din)... tapos iku-compare mo sa voltage ng battery na sa mismong battery pole tinester.

... naka-off lang ang inverter.

----------------------------
e di q nga sir mttest ang voltage ng wire ng inverter,, db sir ung wire ng inverter q ay nk fix sa inverter, then pag kinabit q ung wire ng inverter sa battery, paano q ittest ung dulo ng wire if nkafix, kung ioopen q ang inverter pra mkpagtest ma-avoid ang warranty,,msisira ung warranty sticker,:weep:

Ok...nakagawa na ko ng panel ko...ang problema ay yung bypads diode ko na gagamitin ko sa junction box....
Ano po ang value ng silicon diode na nasa junction box nyo po?
Example, 1N4007....para ma enclose ko na sya....

I'm sorry, I cannot answer your question :weep: My panels are too high to go and open the junction box... and I never had a look at the diode number... All what I know is what I read:

Diodes that are used as bypass diodes must: have a Rated Average Forward Current [IF(AV)] above maximum system current at highest module operating temperature. have a Rated Repetitive Peak Reverse Voltage [VRRM] above maximum system voltage at lowest module operating temperature.
And I think the standard is EN61215... BTW, congrats for your pannel :thumbsup: you should make a thread to show how you did it!

On the picture, it's to test the amperage not the voltage....

Refer to what told you Tristan, it was very clear to me and I don't know how to explain better than he did :rofl:
To test the voltage, your tester should be adjusted on "DC 20 volts" ... I think it will be more clearer for you once you have the tester

I did not realize how long is your wire.... I don't know why, in my mind it was 2 feet... sobrang mahaba talaga and not very big (see the size of mine in my pictures sa 1rst page!) You might have a big loss of power and you will have to check time to time if the wire does not become hot

- - - Updated - - -

e di q nga sir mttest ang voltage ng wire ng inverter,, db sir ung wire ng inverter q ay nk fix sa inverter, then pag kinabit q ung wire ng inverter sa battery, paano q ittest ung dulo ng wire if nkafix, kung ioopen q ang inverter pra mkpagtest ma-avoid ang warranty,,msisira ung warranty sticker,:weep:

hay naku... tama ka... well I guess you will just have to use it as it is.... just put your breaker and you will see how long will last your bat...

...ah ok, di pala pwede... ilan na ba ang haba ng wire from battery to inverter, kasabay na ang breaker... para tingnan natin sa "online wire size calculator" kung ok pa...

...ah ok, di pala pwede... ilan na ba ang haba ng wire from battery to inverter, kasabay na ang breaker... para tingnan natin sa "online wire size calculator" kung ok pa...
whatever recommended size, as long as he cannot change or cut his wire from the inverter, I don't see other solution than to use as it is! Or to void the warranty... unless the one who sold him the inverter agree for a chnage on the wire...

I'm sorry, I cannot answer your question :weep: My panels are too high to go and open the junction box... and I never had a look at the diode number... All what I know is what I read:

Diodes that are used as bypass diodes must: have a Rated Average Forward Current [IF(AV)] above maximum system current at highest module operating temperature. have a Rated Repetitive Peak Reverse Voltage [VRRM] above maximum system voltage at lowest module operating temperature.
And I think the standard is EN61215... BTW, congrats for your pannel :thumbsup: you should make a thread to show how you did it!

On the picture, it's to test the amperage not the voltage....

Refer to what told you Tristan, it was very clear to me and I don't know how to explain better than he did :rofl:
To test the voltage, your tester should be adjusted on "DC 20 volts" ... I think it will be more clearer for you once you have the tester

I did not realize how long is your wire.... I don't know why, in my mind it was 2 feet... sobrang mahaba talaga and not very big (see the size of mine in my pictures sa 1rst page!) You might have a big loss of power and you will have to check time to time if the wire does not become hot

- - - Updated - - -

hay naku... tama ka... well I guess you will just have to use it as it is.... just put your breaker and you will see how long will last your bat...

--------------------------
:weep:, ung wire q sir is 4 feet long, ang sabi kc ng supplier ndi nmn daw vmag voltage loss, pero ang inverter q fix ang wire bkit sila mag llgay ng ganun khaba wire theory n if mahaba ang wire my voltage loss db,, ikaw b sir magbebenta kba ng produkto nang my mali ang product? nagtataka lng sir.
sa nkikita q mga inverter iba skin,:upset:
add q lng sir,, sabi nga ng supplier ung inverter if low of charge, ung inverter will alarm tiny sound, need q n turn off an inverter,:salute:

- - - Updated - - -

-------------------------------
long wire q is 4.66 feet long sir ksma n po ung wire pra Breaker
at kung my hawak n normal n ball pen ngaun or pilot,, ganan kataba ang fix wire ng inverter q:praise:

Last edited:

... ang wire size mo ay 16mm2... ang recommended "wire length" ay yung mismong haba na nakakabit sa inverter... kung ang add mo na wire ay kasing taba o mas mataba pa sa 16mm2 (shortest as possble) ay halos wala yan voltage loss... dont worry... ok kabit mo na para ma-testing na!!!

:weep:, ung wire q sir is 4 feet long, ang sabi kc ng supplier ndi nmn daw vmag voltage loss, pero ang inverter q fix ang wire bkit sila mag llgay ng ganun khaba wire theory n if mahaba ang wire my voltage loss db,, ikaw b sir magbebenta kba ng produkto nang my mali ang product? nagtataka lng sir.
add q lng sir,, sabi nga ng supplier ung inverter if low of charge, ung inverter will alarm tiny sound, need q n turn off an inverter,:salute:

- - - Updated - - -

at kung my hawak n normal n ball pen ngaun or pilot,, ganan kataba ang fix wire ng inverter q:praise:

to test without doing anything to your inverter, just find a wire the same length and same size than the one from the inverter, connect it to the positive of your bat and test your bat then test the end of the wire... you will know for sure if you have a loss

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

to test without doing anything to your inverter, just find a wire the same length and same size than the one from the inverter, connect it to the positive of your bat and test your bat then test the end of the wire... you will know for sure if you have a loss

- - - Updated - - -

... ang wire size mo ay 16mm2... ang recommended "wire length" ay yung mismong haba na nakakabit sa inverter... kung ang add mo na wire ay kasing taba o mas mataba pa sa 16mm2 (shortest as possble) ay halos wala yan voltage loss... dont worry... ok kabit mo na para ma-testing na!!!

good :lol: sige na... kabit mo na :thumbsup:

pa bm ts...

----------------------------------
ang iadd q wire is #8 AWG 0.5 feet lng ok lng b un, or same sa wire ng inverter?

ndi q p mgagami ang solar power q,,nagchcharge p ako ilang araw n cloudy d2 ang panahon eh, need q p ifull charge, mya bili ako ng tester pra masure q ang battery

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

good :lol: sige na... kabit mo na :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------
parang wala ako wire n same size nang nsa inverter q, mern man biibli pa, expensive nmn:upset:

Last edited:

----------------------------------
ang iadd q wire is #8 AWG 0.5 feet lng ok lng b un, or same sa wire ng inverter?

-------------------------------------
parang wala ako wire n same size nang nsa inverter q, mern man biibli pa, expensive nmn:upset:
... dapat kasi same sa wire ng inverter... ang size ng inverter mo ay 16mm2 (#6 AWG)... di ba pwede bumili ng maiksi lang?

... dapat kasi same sa wire ng inverter... ang size ng inverter mo ay 16mm2 (#6 AWG)... di ba pwede bumili ng maiksi lang?

---------------------------
ok sir no problem ask q lng nmn kung pede ung #8 e,ehheh mmaya ako bibili,:excited:

sana my mabili ako #6 stranded wire:pray:

- - - Updated - - -

Amp Hour (Ah) indicates the battery's storage capacity over a 20 hour period. To determine how many constant Amps the battery can output for 20 hours, divide the Ah rating by 20. For example, if you have a 200Ah battery, it can deliver 10 Amps for 20 hours before it is fully discharged (200 ÷ 20 = 10).

sir magiba b ang AH sa AMH

ang battery q 100amh
capacity 20 hours

source page 21
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/sports-imp...drainCalc.html

tama b ang compute q

AMP/HOURS

WATTS

calculate
hour(s) of operating time, approximate. Based on fully charged batteries.:help:

Last edited:

---------------------------
ok sir no problem ask q lng nmn kung pede ung #8 e,ehheh mmaya ako bibili,:excited:

sana my mabili ako #6 stranded wire:pray:

- - - Updated - - -

Amp Hour (Ah) indicates the battery's storage capacity over a 20 hour period. To determine how many constant Amps the battery can output for 20 hours, divide the Ah rating by 20. For example, if you have a 200Ah battery, it can deliver 10 Amps for 20 hours before it is fully discharged (200 ÷ 20 = 10).

sir magiba b ang AH sa AMH

ang battery q 100amh
capacity 20 hours

source page 21
http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/sports-imp...drainCalc.html

tama b ang compute q

AMP/HOURS

WATTS

calculate
hour(s) of operating time, approximate. Based on fully charged batteries.:help:

i don't know you came up with 7.69 hrs....

anyways, to know how many amperes one appliance will draw from a bat you need first to convert the AC watts in amp DC... forget about the 20 hours! It just makes you more confused...

to know how many amp dc is one appliance you divide the wattage by 12 (volts) so in your case 65 w/12 v = 5.41 amp dc that's what the fan will draw for 1 hour from your bat... if you use it for 8 hrs, you multiply 5.41 x 8 = 43.33 amperes
This is the theory... in reality, the computation is a little more complex.... and you have also to add some small % if the bat is in hot place or not, if it's old or not, etc... not to mention the inverter which also consume battery... so all the computations you can make will just give you an approximation

i don't know you came up with 7.69 hrs....

anyways, to know how many amperes one appliance will draw from a bat you need first to convert the AC watts in amp DC... forget about the 20 hours! It just makes you more confused...

to know how many amp dc is one appliance you divide the wattage by 12 (volts) so in your case 65 w/12 v = 5.41 amp dc that's what the fan will draw for 1 hour from your bat... if you use it for 8 hrs, you multiply 5.41 x 8 = 43.33 amperes
This is the theory... in reality, the computation is a little more complex.... and you have also to add some small % if the bat is in hot place or not, if it's old or not, etc... not to mention the inverter which also consume battery... so all the computations you can make will just give you an approximation

e di sir need q ng 43.33 amperes in 1 days para mkapgrun ako efan q, tama po ba?
ang battery q po is 100 amh

e di sir need q ng 43.33 amperes in 1 days para mkapgrun ako efan q, tama po ba?
ang battery q po is 100 amh

you need 43.33 amp in 8 hrs.... it means that your bat will be 50% discharge after 8 hours of continuous use of the fan... but if you use it while charging your bat, you might use it more than 8 hours

galing ts.dami ko natutunan.nagng interested lalo tuloy ako sa solar n yan

you need 43.33 amp in 8 hrs.... it means that your bat will be 50% discharge after 8 hours of continuous use of the fan... but if you use it while charging your bat, you might use it more than 8 hours
... "so all the computations you can make will just give you an approximation" (from ma'am TS) .... ganyan din experience ko... example noong bago pa ang battery matagal syang ma-discharge... after one year... mabilis nang ma-discharge ang battery di na katulad ng dati... therefore, dapat talaga test mo sya gamitin in reality, tapos monitor mo using the digital multimeter or the battery indicator of the controller or the battery indicator of the inverter.

one time, nag-test ako kung ilang oras ko magagamit ang 35W electric fan using 150W inverter (modified sine wave) with 12Ah battery... umabot sya ng 3 hours bago nag-beep indicating low voltage.

... plst test your 65W electric fan, tapos post mo dito ang result.

galing ts.dami ko natutunan.nagng interested lalo tuloy ako sa solar n yan

Thanks... the day you will go for solar, if you have problem, please come back here, you will always find someone to help you!... even if you don't have problem, come back to share your experience :salute:

... "so all the computations you can make will just give you an approximation" (from ma'am TS) .... ganyan din experience ko... example noong bago pa ang battery matagal syang ma-discharge... after one year... mabilis nang ma-discharge ang battery di na katulad ng dati... therefore, dapat talaga test mo sya gamitin in reality, tapos monitor mo using the digital multimeter or the battery indicator of the controller or the battery indicator of the inverter.

one time, nag-test ako kung ilang oras ko magagamit ang 35W electric fan using 150W inverter (modified sine wave) with 12Ah battery... umabot sya ng 3 hours bago nag-beep indicating low voltage.

... plst test your 65W electric fan, tapos post mo dito ang result.

yup, the best talaga is to try... :clap: :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom