Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread (All versions para masaya)

Pearlista

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
This is the Official Galaxy S4 Thread dito sa Symbianize. Let's be civil to each other guys. Walang compare-compare kung mas okay ba ang octa-core or quad-core, parehong Android superstar ang phone natin :D

Let's share hacks, tutorials, apps and accessories recommendations, etc. Basta ang importante eh dito sa thread na 'to, we all: :praise::praise::praise: GALAXY S4 :excited:

Note: I collated the following infos from different websites on the internet so I will also be posting the original link as to give credit to where it is due.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 FAQs AND ADDITIONAL GUIDES

FAQs:

1. Ano ang difference ng iba't ibang versions ng Galaxy S4?

The following versions have the same hardware (camera, screen, build, etc) save for the processor and modem.

I9505 - Quad-Core (Snapdragon 600) with LTE (The only version that you can buy in Samsung stores here in the Philippines and in local telcos)

I9500 - Octa-Core (Exynos 5) with no LTE and official Samsung warranty (correct me if I'm wrong)

SHV-E300K/L/S - Octa-Core (Exynos 5) with LTE (Korean version)

SHV-E330K/S/L - Quad-Core (Sanpdragon 800) with LTE-A (Korean version, released in June 2013)

Source

These versions, OTOH, are mostly complimentary versions designed to complement the S4 lineup.

S4 Google Edition - Same hardware as the I9505 but with TouchWiz replaced by stock Android software. You can have the same stock ROm by flashing a Google Edition rom.

S4 Active - Mostly the same hardware as the I9505 but with an 8 MP camera (downgraded from 13 MP) and an LCD panel instead of Super AMOLED. Waterproof and dustproof, though.

S4 Mini - 4.3 inch qHD display (960x540), 8 megapixel camera, 1.7 GHz Dual-Core, 8GB internal and 1.5Gb RAM, smaller battery (1900mAh instead of 2600 mAh)

S4 Zoom - Mostly the same hardware-wise as the S4 Mini but comes with a 16 megapixel camera sensor which protrudes at the back and a larger battery (2330 mAH)

Source

2. Okay, got that. Gusto kong i-install 'tong app na 'to pero kailangan daw may root access. What is rooting anyway?

-
Rooting is how users can lift these limitations and use the device the way they want to and not how the manufacturer wants them to.

By definition, gaining superuser permissions or, as it is more popularly known, rooting your Android smartphone/tablet is the process by which you bypass the limitations put in pace by your device manufacturer to become the true master of your device.

Advantages of Rooting:

Crazy-Powerful Apps

Currently, the greatest advantage that rooting provides is the ability to install powerful applications that require more-than-usual privileges to your device. Examples of this:

Root Explorer which lets you access and edit/system on your memory
SetCPU which lets you speed up or slow down your chip for more performance/battery life
ProxyDroid to connect to Wi-Fi networks which have proxy settings,
Market Enabler to access Google Play in other countries (for specific apps)
ROM Manager or GooManager to manage custom ROMs
Chainfire3D to run NVIDIA Tegra games on other, unsupported phones
and tons more! Just search for root on Google Play to see some of the root-only apps.

Better Backup And Restore

Android’s built-in backup and restore functionality is pretty weak. Third-party alternatives do a much, much better backup and restoring, but the best ones require root access e.g.

Titanium Backup lets you backup all of your apps and settings locally as well as on Dropbox and
ClockworkMod Recovery lets you take nandroid backups which are complete images of each and everything on your device. Restoring a nandroid backup means going back to your previous configuration with nothing lost.

Ability To Flash Custom ROMs

Not satisfied with the stock configuration of your device? Don’t like Samsung’s colorful, iOS-like TouchWiz UX? Don’t like apps from T-Mobile/Verizon?

Fret not! After rooting your device, you can flash a custom ROM. These are heavily-modified versions of Android which offer more features, better performance and even all new user-experiences.

Disadvantages of Rooting:

May damage your phone if managed improperly

This is the quote that comes to mind after rooting your device. Gaining root access opens your device to a whole new world of powerful options. Powerful options that can, if used improperly, wreak havoc, mostly on your own phone.

Yes, if you install the wrong app or not properly follow instructions when rooting your device or flashing a new ROM, you may “brick” your device. Bricking, to be honest, is rare in the Android community but does happen so you have to be really, really careful.

Now, in the case that you do damage your phone, you take it to your local retailer and they find out that your phone was rooted, then they will probably not repair your device even if you’re not out of the warranty period yet. Rooting voids your warranty. You are responsible to take care of your device if you root it.

Source

3. Alright, I'm fine with the disadvantages and I want to root my S4....how?

Note: I haven't rooted my S4, so I have first-hand knowledge if this guide works.

- There are ways on which you can root your S4. You can flash a pre-rooted custom ROM like this one or you can use Chainfire's (from xda-devs) method if you have an I9505 or this if you have an I9500.

(If may iba kayong method for rooting that worked for you and gusto niyong i-share sa other S4 Symbianizers - medyo ironic hahaha - please PM me the link or instructions para mailagay here. Thanks)

4. Okay, rooted na ang phone ko using (insert whatever method that worked for you here) pero gusto kong palitan ang official ROM....how?

Warning: Flashing a custom ROM voids your warranty, same as rooting.

- First things first, you need to be rooted to be able to flash a custom recovery na kailangan when you're flashing a new ROM.

Check this page for custom recoveries.

- Then check out threads ( for I9505 and for I9500) at XDA-Devs and choose what ROM to flash.

You can also ask S4 Symbianizers kung ano ang preferred ROM nila that has great battery life, stable, etc.

(Same as rooting, I'm still on stock ROm so I have no first-hand knowledge pagdating dito. You can PM me the link to your favorite ROM or 'yung ROM na dapat iwasan, etc para ma-include here for new users.)

5. What's next?

- Well, you have an awesome Android phone....Explore. Experiment. Customize to your heart's content :thumbsup:

ADDITIONAL:

- Tips and tricks for the new user

- Additional tips for the new user

- Secret tips daw that you may find useful

I will update this regularly. I will also be adding more tutorials basta may mai-post na bago and beneficial for S4 users. Pasensya na kung medyo maiksi, nasa work ako now eh.

If may corrections or may mas updated na version pa 'yung nakapost, please don't hesitate to point them out. Para sa S4 users ang thread na 'to so dapat, the best and latest method/app/rom lang ang nandito :clap:

Cheers! :salute:

Attachments

• 430076_591717367534797_1310085406_n.jpg
    430076_591717367534797_1310085406_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,010
Last edited:
tol anu ba pwd gawin sa s4 ntin panu ba mg root..saka anu ba advantages sa pagroot salamat pare

Bro panu malaman kung activated ang LTE? Tsaka how do u know kung kay LTE signal? Tia

Pm'ed you cris :)
Carlo, itawag mo sa network provider tol. For Globe, napakahabang usapan ang naganap between me and a CSR, pero ayun nga, kailangan nilang i-activate muna yan. Sa Smart mas mabilis daw ang process, activated na kaagad. As for Globe, kailangan mong itawag sa CSR and wait for 24 hours. If may 4G indicator na, LTE activated na yan. Sa Makati, Mandaluyong and Cubao palang ako nakakaexperience ng LTE.

Mga boss, balak bumili ng s4 ang insan ko. Meron ba kayong mga nararanasang problems tulad ng wifi connection at battery issues?

@phx, wala namang issues sa Wi-Fi. Battery life is great, two days at most of moderate to extreme usage. Matagal ma-lowbatt kumpara sa mga dating Android phones ko.

Akalain mo un? Same price lang sila ng s3 noon unang labas ngayonbelow 18k nlng yta s3

@phx, wala namang issues sa Wi-Fi. Battery life is great, two days at most of moderate to extreme usage. Matagal ma-lowbatt kumpara sa mga dating Android phones ko.

Salamat boss. Isa pa po tanong. 2 version ba ng s4 ang mabibili
dito sa pinas? Kung oo anu mas maganda?

@holo, well, bilis din bumaba ng presyo ng s4 eh hahaha, anyway, okay lang naman. 2 years pa naman ang kontrata ko sa Globe hahaha

@phx, Actually i9505 lang ang official, 'yung quad-core. Then 'yung octa-core ay mostly service warranty lang. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sa networks, puro i9505 (quad-core with LTE) ang model nila ng s4.

Ano ang mas maganda...hmmm. That will entail a very subjective answer hahaha! Anyway, I think mas okay 'yung LTE version, kasi it's what I have hahaha, and LTE is handy provided may signal ka sa inyo ngayon. I believe naman na LTE coverage will improve in the coming years. If you want slightly more speed, go for the dual quad-core model (octa-core).

'Yung Korean version is both octa-core and may LTE, though, I have no idea kung local networks support the LTE bands of the Korean S4.

Pa help naman kung pano ma unlock globe locked s4 ko gs2 ko sana mag smart. Na try ko na yung ibang method kaso nag eeror sakin

info.. there are 2 different s4 that samsung has produced.. the 1st one is the exynos octa chipset,. but unfotunately they produced minimal of these worldwide so the I905 came which is the latest version of snapdragon chipset.. pag pinagkumpara mo yan sa mga benchmark tests etc. mas mabilis ang exynos octa npaka baba lang ng pinagkaiba dahil napaka bilis din ng snapdragon na pumapangalawa sa exynos overall yan ha kaya kaht ano makuha nyo dyan ay soyang soya na!! plan ko palang bumili ng s4 hehe

ts, bakit di gumagana air gesture at smart pause ng s4 ko? naka ON naman na sila.? ano kaya maganda gawin..?

@edzcel, alin 'yung tinry mo? 'Yung sa service menu?

@ravenclaw, yeah minimal lang ang difference sa speed and battery life. May comparison ang GSMArena. In theory, dapat mas mabilis and power-efficient ang octa-core s4 pero 'di perfect ang setup ng Big.LITTLE design ng dual-quad core processors nung octa s4.

And, I think mas maraming devs for Snapdragon kesa Exynos.

@odel, I suggest try mo i-restart or wipe (backup first). 'Yun din ang isu-suggest sayo ng pinagbilhan mo. If 'di pa rin gumagagana, ibalik mo sa vendor, too bad if rooted 'yan.

malakas mag init , halos magbaga during call unless naka headset ka "Please notice: your phone's battery is overheating" while charging in normal temp room.. sa unit ko lang ba to ?..

@ InXlinger pareho tyo.. yan ata ang skit ng s4.. heat problem kasi plastic lng ang body nya.. wala syang masyadong heatsink to absorb the heat.. kya oag nagccharge., tumatawag, pag nag ggames ay nag iinit.. unless malamig ang place mo d mo mrrmdmn ung heat..

Just ordered s4 from lazada. Excited. Waiting mode muna.

@holo, well, bilis din bumaba ng presyo ng s4 eh hahaha, anyway, okay lang naman. 2 years pa naman ang kontrata ko sa Globe hahaha

@phx, Actually i9505 lang ang official, 'yung quad-core. Then 'yung octa-core ay mostly service warranty lang. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sa networks, puro i9505 (quad-core with LTE) ang model nila ng s4.

Ano ang mas maganda...hmmm. That will entail a very subjective answer hahaha! Anyway, I think mas okay 'yung LTE version, kasi it's what I have hahaha, and LTE is handy provided may signal ka sa inyo ngayon. I believe naman na LTE coverage will improve in the coming years. If you want slightly more speed, go for the dual quad-core model (octa-core).

'Yung Korean version is both octa-core and may LTE, though, I have no idea kung local networks support the LTE bands of the Korean S4.

Kung praktikal nmn tlga dba? panahon lang ang hihintayin :rofl:
Tulad ngayon naka S3 na ako kabibili lang kahapon SOON S4 naman :thumbsup:

Last edited:
sad.. yung battery life ng s4 ko dpa umaabot ng 2 days. hahah. :D everyday nag cha charge ako.. super games kasi ko e. nyahaha. pero oks lng nman. Expected ko naman na mabilis ma low batt kpag android PLUS high res pa graphics ng s4. Another issue sa s4 is nakalagay 16gb internal memory but the truth is you can actually use half of that because of the high quality of that phone. Home screen palang kabog na ibang phone e.. hahah :clap:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom