Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

nice one hope may makabili na ng nook na yan kung wala ako siguro kindle nook narin bubuy ko,pero in either case both are exteremely awesome for reading.

already donated my whol shelf full of books(even the harry potter hard bound series,,swerte makakuha nun)

since i already loaded my kindle with my favorite series.

atsaka since ang book after reading most likely nasa shelf nalang yan for a long time why not just donate para may iba naman makinabang sa blessing hehe

@slackerman wow bait... planning to donate my books na nga din ehh.. nag iipon nlng ng alikabok sa shelfs un mga books ko... where did you donated yours?

sa SM dito samin nagcocollect sila so decided i dont use them books anymore most of my elementary books are in pristine condition except for the dust haha!halatang di nagaral nung bata eh anyway grabe hirap magpack ng books into box cartons haha

kindle 3 :yipee:

i used to have the original nook. but it gets heavy after awhile and the battery does not really last that long. plus the software is buggy.
switched to my kindle and im absolutely satisfied. the battery life is to die for :clap:

for those on the look out for a dedicated ebook reader, here's the new and improved barnes and noble nook. i'm a sucker for touchscreen readers so this is really interesting. very affordable too at only $139. will i buy? prolly not for two reasons:

1. i have the attention span of a 7-year old so i prefer the ipad.
2. i like to read at night so i prefer to have an LCD screen. just had my eyes checked and 20/20 pa naman LOL

check out the link...

Barnes & Noble announces new touch-enabled Nook for $139

nook-hands-on-at-show-on-stage-1306250301.jpg

Last edited:
i use my android tablet(apad).., ALDIKO PREMIUM :))

Buying a dedicated e-book reader like Kindle or Nook leaves a very small upgrade path if any at all.

I believe that e-ink readers are just a passing fad and will soon fade away.

There is very little you can do with them except read, and adding a booklight and cover defeats the very concept of having a reader that is light and comfortable to handle.

I have tried both Kindle and still have my Nook but I have abandoned them for an Archos 70 android tablet.

It's LCD so that I don't need a bulky booklight and there are so many other things I can do with it; play movies, play games, read my email, read, compose and edit documents and you have full featured internet access.

You can also read all formats of ebooks including the popular epub format that kindle doesn't without having to convert them.

Most apps are free from Google Marketplace.

The only disadvantage is it has shorter battery life (8 hours watching movies with wifi on) but charging only takes an hour or less, which is not much of a disadvantage.

BTW, I have found that Laputa Reader is better than Aldiko Premium; try it, it's free:clap:

Buying a dedicated e-book reader like Kindle or Nook leaves a very small upgrade path if any at all.

I believe that e-ink readers are just a passing fad and will soon fade away.

There is very little you can do with them except read, and adding a booklight and cover defeats the very concept of having a reader that is light and comfortable to handle.

I have tried both Kindle and still have my Nook but I have abandoned them for an Archos 70 android tablet.

It's LCD so that I don't need a bulky booklight and there are so many other things I can do with it; play movies, play games, read my email, read, compose and edit documents and you have full featured internet access.

You can also read all formats of ebooks including the popular epub format that kindle doesn't without having to convert them.

Most apps are free from Google Marketplace.

The only disadvantage is it has shorter battery life (8 hours watching movies with wifi on) but charging only takes an hour or less, which is not much of a disadvantage.

BTW, I have found that Laputa Reader is better than Aldiko Premium; try it, it's free:clap:
well if you're not the outdoor type person then you'll surely think that way. on my part i'm always on the go so reading a kindle while traveling/waiting in line is everything i need to kill boredom. :)

well if you're not the outdoor type person then you'll surely think that way. on my part i'm always on the go so reading a kindle while traveling/waiting in line is everything i need to kill boredom. :)

Uhh...have you tried reading your Kindle in a bus or in a tent at night? ;)

Last edited:
for those on the look out for a dedicated ebook reader, here's the new and improved barnes and noble nook. i'm a sucker for touchscreen readers so this is really interesting. very affordable too at only $139. will i buy? prolly not for two reasons:

1. i have the attention span of a 7-year old so i prefer the ipad.
2. i like to read at night so i prefer to have an LCD screen. just had my eyes checked and 20/20 pa naman LOL

check out the link...

Barnes & Noble announces new touch-enabled Nook for $139

nook-hands-on-at-show-on-stage-1306250301.jpg

Now, I want one of these. LOL :yipee::beat: Though wala cyang 3G may microSD naman. I like!!!

^

Have you seen the new Kobo as well?

They're almost the same reader, may Pan and Zoom lang si Kobo for PDFs.

Apparently both don't have any web browser, sayang nga e. And medyo nakakapanloko lang ang ad ni Nook, i read a review on the item:

It says battery life is 2 months but apparently that is reading 1/2 hour per day for several days in one week.

Nakaka-tempt 'cause of the faster page turns and the touch screen, but i really want a web browser on my device for book transfer and whatnots, sayang ang wifi function kung walang browser! Hmm, for update function and coupons lang yata siya.

Aantayin ko na lang pag may web browser feature na ilalabas. Watch Out For K4! :lol:

Here's a pre-review on both readers btw: New Ereading Devices
---

Bought a spare Nook 1st edition ;), just in case my Kindle goes into a coma again.

@ diokdin: Sis, miss ko na kayo sa book chat thread!! Will drop by later on this week to say hi. The month's just pure crazysauce.

Last edited:
And medyo nakakapanloko lang ang ad ni Nook, i read a review on the item:

It says battery life is 2 months but apparently that is reading 1/2 hour per day for several days in one week.

here's B&N's response to the battery life issue:

With up to two months on a single charge, the All-New NOOK has the longest-battery life in the industry and superior battery performance to Kindle 3. In our side-by-side tests, under the exact same conditions, continuous use of the device resulted in more than two times Kindle's battery life. While reading at one page a minute, the All-New NOOK battery lasts for 150 hours where the Kindle battery, using the same page-turn rate, lasts for only 56 hours (both with Wi-Fi off). We've also done a continuous page turn test and at one page turn per second, the All-New NOOK offers more than 25,000 continuous page turns on a single charge.

full article can be found at: Barnes & Noble clarifies battery life on new Nook, calls out Kindle

also, get a side-by-side comparison of the new nook, the new kobo, the kindle 3, and the sony prs 350 here

so many choices! ayluveeeeeet!

Last edited:
come on people seriously kung battery life lang wag na tamarin isaksak at mgcharge,kung mga smart phone nga 1 day use lang charge na pero tinitiis ng tao kindle or nook pa na uber ang battery life diba?

ang gusto ko lang extremely fast page turn na e-ink reader sobrang ok na para sakin yung tipong one press andun agad ang page hindi delay.para continuously uninterrupted bliss diba hehe

just wanna know which online store can i buy an ebook? i've looked through amazon but there's restriction since i live in asia. pls. help. thanks so much . i have kindle btw.

hi, just wanna know which online store can i buy an ebook. i have kindle and i've looked at amazon but there's restriction since i live in asia. pls. help.
thanks so much.

hi, just wanna know which online store can i buy an ebook. i have kindle and i've looked at amazon but there's restriction since i live in asia. pls. help.
thanks so much.

Why buy when you can get it for free here in Symbianize?

http://symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=113405

http://symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=79015

http://symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=209082

You can find thousands more free ebooks in the internet like this:
http://www.greylib.net/?category=english

You can use Calibre software to convert books to the format that your reader can use.

correct,i know piracy is a crime and all,but downloading a 20$ book for free in seconds?now thats the internet for you.illegal but cant be helped lalo na sa hirap ng buhay

Back
Top Bottom