Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (POVs Updated)

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

------------------x

I know who I am.
I am a Goddess!
Every woman envies me.
They dream to be me.

Shiny black curly hair
Long thick curled lashes
Perfect line of brows
Deep brown eyes
Pointed nose
Natural pink blushed cheeks
Pearly white teeth
Two deep dimples
And sexy lips covered with red lipstick.

--------------------x

Chapter 1

"How do you want us to call you?"

"Uhm, Rose, just call me Rose."

"Ok Rose, can you tell us something about yourself?"

"My name is Rosemarie Mendoza Suarez, Rose for short. 24 years old, still single but happy. I was born and grew up in Manila but currently living in Makati with my only sister. I lost my parents when I was just 14 and my sister was the one who took care of me since then. I graduated from University of Sto. Tomas as a varsity scholar with a degree of Business Office Administration. Yes, I am into sports, volleyball to be exact. Since we dont have sufficient income to support my studies in UST because as we all know UST is one of the expensive universities in the Philippines, I tried out for volleyball team and luckily accepted and given a full scholarship. Aside from sports, I am also into singing and dancing, drawing and writing. Though I am also part of the Theater Club, unlike volleyball these theatric skills are just my hobbies and frustrations. Well, I tried once, I was once a band vocalist for a couple of months then afterwards the band was given an opportunity for a Korea contract which was too hard for me to decide. And since I dont want to leave my sister alone and I need to continue my studies, I quit from the band and stayed here in the Ph."

"So you go clubbing?"

"No sir, I am not into clubbing anymore after I left the band. I just satisfied my hunger in singing for a live audience. And I am already happy with that experience."

"And you dont have any plans to continue that "frustration"?"

"As what as you've said sir, its just a frustration. Well, a hobby. After months of singing, I am already fulfilled. I dont have any plans to make it as a career. Its part of my history now and never will be in my future plans."

"You said, you're also a writer?"

"Yes and no. Yes because I do write and everyone who writes is a writer but also no because I dont consider myself as a writer. I do write but all my stories were written in tagalog but it's still literature thou. So to cut the story short, as an amatuer, I really dont consider myself a writer."

"Ok then, how about your job experiences?"

"For 4 years, I worked with one of the largest real estate company here in the country. I worked there as a secretary where my job description was basically office management, clerical and administrative duties."

"And why leaving the company?"

"It's not that I don't love my job. I do love my job, my bosses, my colleagues, but its time for me to take one step forward and setting aside my personal attachment with my job and putting priority on my professional advancement. I am not getting any younger and I dont feel advancing with my previous job. I know I can do more, I can do better. I want to challenge myself. I want to learn more, to know more. I want to be more."

"And you think that what MORE can be found here in SGC?"

"Honestly sir, I dont think so, I know so."

I can see how impressed my interviewers are on how I answered their question. With my confidence and my attitude, I know, change that-- I AM SURE I got this job and Ate will be very proud of me.

"Ok Ms. Rose, that will be all for today. You can go back to the waiting area outside and please wait for the result. We still have numbers of applicants outside and let's just hope that you're one of the four Executive Assistant that we are looking for. Thank you."

What? That's it? Do I really have to wait? Can you just tell me if I am hired or not? If only I can shout it out loud. So I just gave them my best smile and say "Thank you sirs."

"Betty, please assist Ms. Rose outside and do call the next applicant."

While heading to the waiting area I can still feel the adrenaline in me. Being with this kind of interview, a panel interview, where four good looking man held the interview, I am challenged. I really love the feeling of being challenge and to the point that I don't want to end the interview. I never felt nervous. It's a piece of cake.

Betty, the receptionist and I proceed to the waiting area where eight other applicants were patiently waiting for their turn and for the result. No vacant chair to sit in so I'm still standing beside Betty while waiting for the next vacant sit.

"Miss Patricia Flores please." Betty called out.

Everyone seems busy and no one stood up.

"Miss Patricia Flores." Betty called out again but this time with a louder voice.

All who heard the call out checked on each other with a question of who is Patricia Flores. "Maybe she already left." I whispered to Betty.

"Is there any Patria Flores here?" Betty asked out loud.

Still no one stood up. She almost went back to the conference room when someone shouted-

"Ay puke!"

Woah, behaviour. Every one looked at her.

"Sorry nahulog kasi yung vag ko." she said with a grin.

"Excuse me miss, are you Patricia Flores?" Betty asked once more.

"Huh? Sorry pakiulit hindi ko narinig?" after saying, she took off the head set on her ears.

Everyone laughed including me.

"Ikaw ba si Patricia Flores? Tagalog na yan naintindihan mo na sana?" Inis na tanong ni Betty.

"Yes it's me, Is it my turn?" Again with a grin.

Everyone sighed duh! She's just not only look stupid, she's also acts stupid.

"Yes it's your turn. Please follow me."

I studied the way she carries herself. I looked at her from head to toe.

Long straight hair which was rebonded.
Shoulder length gold-coated earings that are fake,
Exagerrated make up looked so cheap,
One inch below the ass dress, super dooper cheap!
But in fairness, nice pair of legs with a 3-inch killer stilettos from ukay-ukay!

That's too much! As I walked closely to her as I am about to take her vacated sit I wouldn't missed that, that smell, what's that smell? Victoria Secret? So sweet. As we're going to pass to each other I saw her gave me a creepy smile and seeing part of her teeth covered with pink lipstick. So groose!

I cant help but to say, "Excuse me miss."

"Yes." I saw those teeth again.

"Uhm, you left your bag." and gave her a pretending smile.

"OMG, sorry I porgot." She runs toward her vacated sit and took her bag. "Thank you."

"That's ok social climber." I whispered the last two words.

"Huh?"she asked.

"I said good luck." Which she believed

"Oh that's sweet. Thank you." With that disturbing smile again.

Did I heard it correctly? Porgot? Does she knows the difference between F and P? and Louis Vuitton huh? Greenhills? I whispired as I take of my sit.

"Oo mukha ngang Greenhills. Hihi." The girl beside me agreed.

"Huh, excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked sarcastically nicely.

"Oo, sabi mo kasi Greenhills yung bag nun babae." She told me with a big grin.

"So you heard it? Uhm, no offense meant, it's just a plain comment." I lied, of course I mean it.

"I know. By the way I'm Olivia but you can call me Via." She offered her hand as she introduced her self.

"Hi, I'm Rose." I answered briefly while ignoring her hand.

"Ah, nice meeting you." as she awkwardly brought her hand down.

"Same here. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to shake your hand, you see my hands are full." Showing her both of my hands, one with my bag and one with my envelope.

"I understand." she smiled.

After a short second I can see her from the corner of my eyes. What's wrong with this girl, can't she quit staring at me? I don't want to start the conversation between us, but how come she never stopped staring? Is there anything wrong with me? The heck! "Excuse me, is there anything wrong with my face?" I asked with a bit loud voice and everyone looked at us.

"Huh? Wala naman. Sorry." She shyly answered.

"So what are you looking at? You're making me so conscious, so if you wont mind?" I demand.

What is wrong with this girl? Why is she smiling like that? Is she crazy or something? She's pretty, educated, simple and elegant however she looks like crazy. Oh whatever, ignore her Rose. Igno- I am just convincing myself to ignore her when she start asking me. What now? I scream at the back of my mind.

"CSR ka ba?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"CSR, Customer Service Representative. I think kasi call center agent ka. Ang galing mo kasi mag-english and may accent ka pa. So I guess galing kang call center. Right? Or if not, why don't you just apply as a call center agent. If hindi tayo sinuwrete dito, gusto mo sabay tayo mag-apply sa Sykes or Teleperformance or sa ibang Call Center?"

What the-? This girl is really insane. "I'm sorry miss-"

"Via. My name is Via." She interrupted.

"Via first of all I know what CSR means and just to answer your question, I am not from a call center and I don't have any plans of applying as a call center agent. Ok?"

"Ganun? Bakit parang galit ka? Sorry." she asked.

Does she gave me that sad face? So sensitive and weak. I took a deep breath and said, "No I am not." I lied again. "Its ok. You're not the first time to ask."

"Uy buti naman." a smile back on her face. "Amazed lang ako on how you speak. Siguro mayaman ka or honor student ka back in college. Sana kapag natanggap tayo dito, we can be friends. Yun eh kung ok lang sayo?"

Why is her eyes twinkling like that? So weird. And those braces with pink rubber band or what so ever they call it on her teeth is so creepy. Even I would like to refuse her offer, I cant. So instead of honestly answering her and hurting her feelings "again" I just took one more deep breath and gave her my sweetest smile and let her believe that be friend with her was actually a great idea. Who knows, she might be useful once we both get hired.

"Hey Rose, Patricia is here." she whispered.

"What? Patricia who?" I am really annoyed by this girl.

"Patricia, the one with the LV bag."

As she spoke I saw this cheap lady sitting in front of us. And by this time I was really not in my comfort zone. Sitting beside the ANNOYING Olivia and seeing the social climber Patricia. Is this bad luck?

"Look at her Rose." Via.

What now?! I really want to scream. "What now Via?"

"Uhm nothing, I just want you to look at her. That's all." she answered.

"I already did Via. She's now sitting in front of us chewing gum? What? Is she chewing that gum all this time? How cheap was that?"

"Haha. Rose, I am not referring to her. Look at the one who's sitting beside her."

"The nerdy-loser one?" I answered.

"No the cute one beside her.

"And what's with her?"

"Nothing much. But like you she's also smart. She's Margaret, graduate from PUP Sta. Mesa, cum laude."

She's not really that interesting. As I look at her, there's nothing so special about her. Maybe she's a flat 5inch, whiter complexion compare to me. And yes she's cute with that short stylish hair with a simple make up, compare with the girl sitting beside her that looks like she's applying for a GRO position. It's hard to tell if she's really smart or not if not told by this chismosa girl beside me.

"Hey Rose, are you still listening?"

"How come you know a lot about her?"

"I was sitting beside her kanina, nag-kwentuhan kaya ko nalaman."

"So you're really into someone else' life?"

"Aray! Ay ang sakit naman nun." she sound offended.

"Oh I am sorry, no offense meant." My third lie.

"No its ok. Hindi naman ako chismosa, madaldal lang talaga ako. Kesa naman mapanisan tayo ng laway dito diba?" She smiled at me so I smiled back.

All was already interviewed after the turn of the loser beside Patricia. Everyone looks nervous for the result except, ofcourse me. Haha. I maybe lied a little because I am somehow nervous now. I need to be hired...I need to be hired! And after an hour of waiting, finally here is Betty for the result. All attention to her waiting for the announcement, it feels like a beau-con.

"As I call on your name, please stand up and gather here in front. First is, Patricia Flores."

"Yes!" Patricia jumped and shouted.

"What?" me and Via exclaimed.

"Miss Flores, in front please."

"Ah, yes ma'am." she walked with teary eyes as if she won a crown.

"Finger crossed Rose." she hold my hand and I felt the moist from it. I took it off from her and gave her a confident smile.

"Next is Margaret Cortez. Followed by Olivia Fernandez." as Betty continues to announce.

"Yes!" Via shouted.

"Last but not the least, Rosemarie Suarez."

With no doubt, I am one of the hired ones. I looked at those who remained sitting, "better luck next time losers."

"I knew it Rose." Via said. "We will be BFF now."

Oh God, I sighed.

"For those who weren't called, thank you for coming, and for the four of you, please follow me."

This is it Rosemarie, after 10 years, things are falling to its right place.

continuation...

Last edited:
Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick

Hanep! It took me 6 hours para lang matapos ko from start itong akda mo.

Ang ganda ng twist. Simple ang wordings kaya hindi na din ako natagalan para lang i-check ang meaning kung may malalim man.

Typo errors? Hindi big deal. Maganda masyado ang kwento para isa-isahin ang mababaw na mali na 'yun.

May konti akong nahulaan pero sa huli madaming nakakagulat na revelations.

Kudos Miss Red! Ang ganda ng gawa mo, sobra! :hat:

May sequel pa pala. Hihintayin ko yan Binibining Pula! :more:

Edit:

I almost forgot. I'll be waiting for Via's rage! :laugh:

yup isa din sa hinintay ko sa ending yung revenge ni Via. Pero sadly hindi sya kasama sa ending. so meaning sa book 2 sya maghihiganti!!!

nice :clap: good job miss red..saan ka pala nagwowork?

Hi Cleigh.
Somewhere down the road of Otis. Small company lang :)

:thanks: for reading my story

To all a BIG :thanks: and hope di kayo madalang magbasa. I know it's disappointing bitin ending. don't worry questions will be answer in the near future ;)

hugs to all

Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (POVs posted)

MARGARET CORTEZ, Marg, Mr. Jeffrey Sentosa’s Executive Assistant

Olivia?

Via was my very first friend at SGC. She’s cute and funny. Baklang-bakla lang. She’s so friendly and I love how she communicates with other. She considers everyone as her BFF. Parang matagal na kayo magkakilala. She’s full of energy and she never loses of words. Laging may kwento as in.

With her petite figure and really cute face, I never imagine that she’ll be involved in murdering people. If she did fell in love with Peter, it’s not kasalanan naman diba? People love people. Kasalanan bang her heart beats for her boss?

I was really shocked when she was arrested. I once was with that situation and it scares me a lot, how much more when you’re being jailed na? I feel for her. Kaya Rose and I decided to visit her and I saw how she suffered a lot inside but more than that, I saw on her eyes of how she fierce Rose. I was puzzled by how she looked at her but the heck, we're friends so I chose to ignore.

Rose?

Rose is an angel, a friend and a sister. I loved her wit and transparency. She’s so real inside and out. You see, my mom loved her too. Stories came out after the arrest of the four Sentosa’s and how they've connected it from Rose being the Executive Assistant of Clifford. But my mom and I doubted her involvement with the Sentosa’s abductions. An angel like her doesn’t do evil things like that.

Aside from Via, Rose had been the nicest co-worker I ever had. Rose is so sweet and thoughtful that she does good things even if it was not asked. For the short while, I felt the sincerity of her heart especially when I got involved with Jeffrey Sentosa’s case. I never thought that she’ll help me get through with it. She stood up for me.

The three of us were friends, but things changed for reasons I chose not to know. I so love them both. Having the thought that they were accused plotting the abduction to Sentosas crashes my heart. I will support my friends all throughout, uhm, even if they don’t consider me as their friend.

Last edited:
Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (POV's posted)

PATRICIA FLORES, Pat, Mr. Adrian Sentosa Executive Assistant

Oh that Rose? Sh*t! She’s so nakakainis. She’s so PILING with the cafital “EP”. Lagi nya kong iniinis. Ip I know, insecure ang feg nya sa akin. I’m frettier that her kasi.

Una fa lang I know there something avout her. I can sense it. She’s so annoying. I tried to ve her priend vut she keefs on doing things na nakakainis. Lalo na yung fag-fafa-cute nya kay Dave. She’s too avbious kaya. Kunwari she’s irritated kafag nasa faligid si Insfector fero naman the way she looked at me kafag magkatavi kame ni Insfector. Kung nakakafatay lang ang titig, por sure nauna fa kong nawala kay Adrian my lab. Hindi nya matanggap na ako ang type ni Dave dahil in any angle mas fretty ako sa kanya at mas yummy.

Vasta all I can say is that piling ko, she’s inbolb with what happen to our vosses. She looks like a criminal to me. Haha. Kunwari she’s a priend vut in the end, nilaglag nya kameng mga priends nya. Lalo na yung avout the red lifstick na vinigay nya sakin. I’m sure she flanned that. She’s trying to get rid of me or use me or whateber.

Good thing na lumavas ang truth, na vuhay pa si Adrian. Eh di nakalavas ako ng kulungan ng bongga. And that Rosemarie, sya ang sumundo sa akin sa jail kasama si Insfector Dave. And special thanks to her na rin kasi may original Louis Vuitton vag na ako. Sige na nga quits na kame sa mga kamalditahan nya. Lab ko na rin sya at sa kanya na si Insfector, basta gawin nya lang yun isa pang promise nyang Coach vag or else, wala lang.

Last edited:

Nice..waiting for the new book ........

Nice..waiting for the new book ........

thanks for reading

FOR ALL:

Sorry to keep you waiting guys. Kinda very BUSY sa work and sports.
but still on process of writing the characters POV.

for the next book...i'll make it tagalog na lang kaya? what you think po?

I love hearing from my readers po :)

very good story..
maganda at unexpected ang twist.
complete yung elements.

Up for this.

:thanks: for sharing.

Last edited:

thanks MF 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom