Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Custom ROM: GingerBlaze v1.1 & v1.2 for Alcatel OneTouch-918N/M/D 2.3.5(w/ review)

Re: Custom ROM: GingerBlaze v1.1 & v1.2 for Alcatel OneTouch-918N/M/D 2.3.5(w/ review

Good morning to all! Good to be back.

I'm sure sir bazte feels proud when somebody loved his custom rom. So am I. Feel free to share your experience, esp. if you feel there's a bug. :)

Man, you don't have to say the same things twice.
Please do not pollute my thread. :weep:

Please do not use too much punctuation mark, it gives me an impression that you are sarcastic. Otherwise, I don't know what update you are expecting. :unsure:

Jay2804,
Thank you for backup! I can't promise to give update regarding data2ext and int2ext in this ROM, kasi hindi ako tiwala sa scripts. I didn't mean to offend the creators of those scripts, it's just that I prefer to be realistic. :)

sir bazte,
Thank you very very much for taking time to wrote that tweak (?). I will add that on the 1st post. :)

Sorry sir.:(( talagang ngayon lang ako ulit nakabalik at sabik sa updates, nakasanayan ko na po kasi ung ROMs ni sir banjo kaya hinahanap ko po ung Data2Ext. BTW, Gingerblazer din po ako hehe! I can really say that GingerBlaze is the most stable ROM!:] talagang babalik-balikan mo.:D

sa ngayon naka GingerBlaze v1.2 na ako.:D stock pa rin na Gingerblaze v1.2 'di pa ako nag tweak. Snappy talaga!:D

Re: Custom ROM: GingerBlaze v1.1 & v1.2 for Alcatel OneTouch-918N/M/D 2.3.5(w/ review

@lavermance i hope u reply

im ready to be gingerblaze i just downgraded my 2.3.6 to 2.3.5

mga sir ano po maganda na gamitin sa pag increase ng memory pag gingerblaze gamit link2sd int2ext or app2sd thanks

install ko muna recovery bgo mag gingerblaze thanks

bakit hindi ko mainstall si recovery huhuhuhu eboot error

Last edited:

Sorry sir.:(( talagang ngayon lang ako ulit nakabalik at sabik sa updates, nakasanayan ko na po kasi ung ROMs ni sir banjo kaya hinahanap ko po ung Data2Ext. BTW, Gingerblazer din po ako hehe! I can really say that GingerBlaze is the most stable ROM!:] talagang babalik-balikan mo.:D

sa ngayon naka GingerBlaze v1.2 na ako.:D stock pa rin na Gingerblaze v1.2 'di pa ako nag tweak. Snappy talaga!:D
Apology accepted. Sorry if I sound rude or I offended you.
Anyway, I'm so glad you switched to GingerBlaze! Welcome to GingerBlazer world! :giggle:
@lavermance i hope u reply

im ready to be gingerblaze i just downgraded my 2.3.6 to 2.3.5

mga sir ano po maganda na gamitin sa pag increase ng memory pag gingerblaze gamit link2sd int2ext or app2sd thanks

install ko muna recovery bgo mag gingerblaze thanks

bakit hindi ko mainstall si recovery huhuhuhu eboot error
For internal memory saving purposes, I'm settled to Link2SD. I can keep track of my REAL internal memory free space.
Backup! Fill me in! Anong specific error po ang iyong na-experience?
Tulad po ba ng ganito: Error on SD card E:\GingerBlazev1.2 (Status 6)?
If so, I had a solution for that on the 1st post. :)

< ========================================== >
Broken heart story ...
I don't know if this will help, but I care to share:
Recently I used "V6 SuperCharger", yung bago, version 10 ata.
When it prompts to do a SuperClean (SClean), which the script said is recommended to make the phone system clean by clearing the dalvic cache.
I tried it before and nothing bad happened, so I choose "Yes" and my phone reboot.
It takes a while, approximately 5 minutes before my phone boot, I started to worry, when my phone finally boot-up, I got "Phone memory full" prompt.
I feel stupid for not backing up, though it was newly flashed GingerBlaze yet I already did some tweaks.
So, as a quick fix I delete my phone's 'data' through CWM. :(

I don't want to blame anybody else than myself. I shared you this to make you aware that clearing dalvik cache is harmful, esp. those system dalvik cache o system files. :)

Part of learning I thought. :)

Last edited:

Apology accepted. Sorry if I sound rude or I offended you.
Anyway, I'm so glad you switched to GingerBlaze! Welcome to GingerBlazer world! :giggle:

mAM
HINDI PA po ako nakakarating jan

kaka downgrade ko lang

kailangan ko pa ba iinstall un CWM para mainstall si gingerbreak

kasi po im tryng to install CWM recovery

ito po lumalabas eh

smart phone flash tool:
EBOOT ERROR 16008

android partition size change..

hint:

partial images download error
the following partitions must be down FULL downloaded all together..

pede ko ba i install si gingerbreak using sp flash tool

and also what ba gagamitin ko na scatter un kay blue rain or un dun sa europe 2.3.5 zip??

Last edited:

@lavernmace im having root problen sa gingerblaze 1.2. I can't seem to root my fone using the flashable superuser zip sa 1st post di ko tuloy magamit link2sd and see restored back up files. Thus i have no choice but revert to gingerblaze 1.1 thru nandroid back up restore..anyone experience the same root problem sa 1.2? How to solve it? Thanks!

Good morning to all! Good to be back.

Please do not use too much punctuation mark, it gives me an impression that you are sarcastic. Otherwise, I don't know what update you are expecting. :unsure:

aii..sorry po.

Huhu. Ung pong request kng CRT Screen off mod :weep::weep:

Para po makabalik na ako sa GingerBlaze 1.2. Stick to 1.1 po ako dahil sa crt screen off animation :weep::weep:

Thanks in advance

For internal memory saving purposes, I'm settled to Link2SD. I can keep track of my REAL internal memory free space.

< ========================================== >
Broken heart story ...
I don't know if this will help, but I care to share:
Recently I used "V6 SuperCharger", yung bago, version 10 ata.
When it prompts to do a SuperClean (SClean), which the script said is recommended to make the phone system clean by clearing the dalvic cache.
I tried it before and nothing bad happened, so I choose "Yes" and my phone reboot.
It takes a while, approximately 5 minutes before my phone boot, I started to worry, when my phone finally boot-up, I got "Phone memory full" prompt.
I feel stupid for not backing up, though it was newly flashed GingerBlaze yet I already did some tweaks.
So, as a quick fix I delete my phone's 'data' through CWM. :(

I don't want to blame anybody else than myself. I shared you this to make you aware that clearing dalvik cache is harmful, esp. those system dalvik cache o system files. :)

Part of learning I thought. :)

i think "superclean " on v6 means wiping "unused dalvik cache", there is also a feature for this in link2sd (clean up dalvik cache). i usually clean up the dalvik cache so i don't believe doing such will cause bootloops as i've never experience it so far. could be that meron apps (being uninstalled) or scripts or whatsoever that may caused the bootloop -> experienced it on andread rom.

also, using link2sd with having so many installed apps means more hassle to "relink" everything back to the sd-ext when restoring backups or retrieving/freeing up memory. good thing with it, mas snappy ang phone compared to int2ex.

with int2ex, the sd-ext will serve as your internal mem (so you don't have to worry about freeing up mem at all, as long as you have a good size of sd-ext -> you can verify this on roms with int2ex thru TB). with different class of sd cards, read and write speed matters thus affecting also the i/o speed i believe. i don't specifially know what then would be the function of the "true" internal mem.

if somebody/someone is adventurous enough to test int2ex on GB rom/s, can you please post feedback? thanks. :salute:

i think "superclean " on v6 means wiping "unused dalvik cache", there is also a feature for this in link2sd (clean up dalvik cache). i usually clean up the dalvik cache so i don't believe doing such will cause bootloops as i've never experience it so far. could be that meron apps (being uninstalled) or scripts or whatsoever that may caused the bootloop -> experienced it on andread rom.

also, using link2sd with having so many installed apps means more hassle to "relink" everything back to the sd-ext when restoring backups or retrieving/freeing up memory. good thing with it, mas snappy ang phone compared to int2ex.

with int2ex, the sd-ext will serve as your internal mem (so you don't have to worry about freeing up mem at all, as long as you have a good size of sd-ext -> you can verify this on roms with int2ex thru TB). with different class of sd cards, read and write speed matters thus affecting also the i/o speed i believe. i don't specifially know what then would be the function of the "true" internal mem.

if somebody/someone is adventurous enough to test int2ex on GB rom/s, can you please post feedback? thanks. :salute:

i agree to this since wiping dalvik cache not realy cause a boot loop matagal lang po talaga mag open yan. kasi igegenerate po ya yung bagong dalvik cache so mas madaming application mas matagal. sige sir try ko gawin int2ext sa GB rom downgrading palang ako now post ko dito if napagana ko.

to lavernmace, im using this rom since saturday with data2ext enabled so far no problem with speed except from the ffg scores below.
Quadrant benchmark score is 1200 lower compared with yonip with quadrant score of 1900.
Sd tools speed test(read) result for gb1.2 goes up to 22mb/sec down to 12-15mb/sec. also lower compared with yonip which is up to 30+mb/sec down to 26-29mb/sec. i remember there was a patch there on yonip which read the data in ext2 partition as ext4. is it possible to patch it here on gb1.2? or maybe do you have a tut on how to make it?
And, about the update by sir bazte on the jit script, im having problem on enabling it automatically on reboot. well, tried it many times and make sure not to miss any instruction above but the numbers on cat /proc/sys/vm/* goes back to normal(no jit) after reboot.
TIA for feedbacks.

so far this is the best rom for me★★★★★

Last edited:

Ang saya, daming ng comment. ::yipee:

RKOPUNK,
That is far beyond my knowledge. See, I got this device running 2.3.5.
As much as I want to help, but again, my experience is not quite enough.

ninehuss,
After I flash the ROM, I reboot my phone twice:
First when I successfully flashed the ROM
Second is after the first boot, but this time, I rebooted my phone in recovery, from recovery I flashed that SuperUser zip file. :)

sonylfero,
No biggie. ;)

karlo234,
Dahil sa CRT Power-off animation nagbalik loob ka po sa GingerBlaze 1.1? I'm finding way, abala pa po ako sa work ngayon. Sorry.

mcjal,
If only I had reputation power, I will give you everything I got.
Your posts are quality posts. I do hope Symbianize mods can keep track members like you.
About the dalvik cache, definitely I'm aware that SuperClean only removes those unnecessary ones.
Good point, there must be a script that caused the deletion of system app's dalvik cache, but at the moment, I can't think what it is.

xter2ms,
You gave me a chill! Love to hear your feedback.
As for data2ext or int2ext, accept my apologies, like what I keep on saying, lavernmace is not a fan of such scripts. :)

there are 2 types of roms (deodexed and odexed). link2sd/app2sd/data2ext/int2ext are all tweaks to increase the internal space at bawat isa dyan ay may advantage/disadvantage. data2ext script ay may mga issues sa mga deodexed roms (based on my experience). You have bigger storage for apps but having slow noticeable general performance aka lags (for some this can be fixed if you have higher speed sdcards), longer boot time, gsm signal disappearing (some scipts), apps forced closing, sd destroyer, bootloops, missing apps. haven't used int2ext before on my G1, latest siguro ung script nayan para pangincrease ng internal storage? if users of this scripts experienced all of the bugs I've mentioned above int2ext might be just an improved/mod scipt of data2ext.

Just like what i said, feel free to explore on what possibly you can add to make the phone suits your desired needs. if you'll add data2ext/int2ext feel free but i suggest look for the script thats fully compatible for deodexed roms.

Edit: the rom is snappy and most of all stable as is. Even without overclocking and even with a lower class sdcard.

But i will not be held responsible for the mod outcome.

Last edited:

mam laver wipe all data po ba kasama si dalvik-cache?? what po gamit nyo sa pag install ng apps??? link2sd po ba???

to lavernmace, im using this rom since saturday with data2ext enabled so far no problem with speed except from the ffg scores below.
Quadrant benchmark score is 1200 lower compared with yonip with quadrant score of 1900.
Sd tools speed test(read) result for gb1.2 goes up to 22mb/sec down to 12-15mb/sec. also lower compared with yonip which is up to 30+mb/sec down to 26-29mb/sec. i remember there was a patch there on yonip which read the data in ext2 partition as ext4. is it possible to patch it here on gb1.2? or maybe do you have a tut on how to make it?
And, about the update by sir bazte on the jit script, im having problem on enabling it automatically on reboot. well, tried it many times and make sure not to miss any instruction above but the numbers on cat /proc/sys/vm/* goes back to normal(no jit) after reboot.
TIA for feedbacks.

so far this is the best rom for me★★★★★

I dont trust benchmark results coz results can be controlled by overclocking the cpu, numbers off apps installed when you performed the test, class of sdcard, available space on internal and sd. The real test rusults are the actual experience in terms of performance and stability

Thanks for the feedback. Try to set proper permission

Last edited:

mga sir and especially kay mam laver what po ba nagagawa nun jit?? importante po ba un??

salamat sir bazte and mam laver-gor gingerblaze

thanks also charlie -for the tut for downgrading 2.3.6 to 2.3.5

excited na ako mag gingerblaze..........

sir bazt about sa jit?ayw mgautomatic start during reboot. anu ba pinalitan m s build.prop? nlgy ko nmn s init.d and rename it 90tune without .sh pero ayw.

sir bazt about sa jit?ayw mgautomatic start during reboot. anu ba pinalitan m s build.prop? nlgy ko nmn s init.d and rename it 90tune without .sh pero ayw.

yeah agree aq about sa idea m in benchmark thats why i still choose gb1.2 over all custom roms. about pwrmission hnd ko lng chineck ung write ng group & otherrg and it results to rwxr-xr-x. pero hnd p rin gumana on reboot. tnx 4 d response earlier

Set the proper permission

try this

owner - read/write/execut
group - read/execute

or try mo tingnan properties nung iba at gayahin mo properties nila

Last edited:

mam laver wipe all data po ba kasama si dalvik-cache?? what po gamit nyo sa pag install ng apps??? link2sd po ba???
Hang on. I'm not sure kung ano po ang tinutukoy mo, ang problema ko noon o kung sa pag-install.

Kung tungkol sa problema ko noon, dalvik cache mo LAHAT ay burado.

Kung sa pag-flash ng ROM na ito, yes, do a clean install.
Format data/ factory resect; erase dalvik cache.

Sa pag-install ng apps, I use link2SD, tiwala ako sa application na ito. :)
mga sir and especially kay mam laver what po ba nagagawa nun jit?? importante po ba un??

salamat sir bazte and mam laver-gor gingerblaze

thanks also charlie -for the tut for downgrading 2.3.6 to 2.3.5

excited na ako mag gingerblaze..........
For feedback about JIT compilation, kindly read some on Google.
Abala po ako ngayon sa work kaya halos wala nang oras makapag-explore pa.

Hang on. I'm not sure kung ano po ang tinutukoy mo, ang problema ko noon o kung sa pag-install.

Kung tungkol sa problema ko noon, dalvik cache mo LAHAT ay burado.

Kung sa pag-flash ng ROM na ito, yes, do a clean install.
Format data/ factory resect; erase dalvik cache.

Sa pag-install ng apps, I use link2SD, tiwala ako sa application na ito. :)

For feedback about JIT compilation, kindly read some on Google.
Abala po ako ngayon sa work kaya halos wala nang oras makapag-explore pa.

thanks mam laver

what po ba dapt partition sa sd card para magamit po un link2sd??

fat32/fat32 or fat32/ext2

and kung gagamitin ko po un partition sd card sa cwm pano po ba un??

Back
Top Bottom