Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

First Time sa GYM...

I agree bro, in the heydays daw of Arnold and Lou (Ferrigno) di gaanong napapansin ang abs, the focus then have always been the size of the biceps, I guess ngayon , because of media hype, the abs have become the new status symbol of the bodybuilder.

In my humble viewpoint, the prime cut we get with bodybuilding/weightlifting is the excellent HEALTH we are in, the strong sense of discipline we eventually develop and the pride in what we do that makes us feel like we are a cut above the rest.

But then again, we all have our unique goals and preferences..:p

Eto nga pala program ko ngayon, 3 times a week lang because of my hectic sked:

Monday/ Session 1 – Legs and Buttocks

Legs

Dumbbell Squat 10 reps (3 sets)
Leg press
Leg curls (SS)
Leg extension (SS)
Dumbbell or barbell calf raises
Calf raise (machine)

Buttocks

Dumbbell or barbell forward lunges
Bridges
Cable hip abductions (SS)
Cable kickbacks (SS)

Wednesday/ Session 2 – Back, Shoulders and Arms

Back and Shoulders

Lat pulldown
Seated cable row
Romanian deaflift
Seated dumbbell press
Dumbbell shrugs
Bent over lateral dumbbell raises (SS)
Alternate front dumbbell raises (SS)

Arms

Dumbbell bicep curls (SS)
Dumbbell tricep kickbacks (SS)
Reverse barbell curls with E-Z bar
Tricep pushdowns
Barbell preacher curl (SS)
Dumbbell tricep extensions (SS)

Fridays/ Session 3 – Abdominals and Chest

Abdominals

Crunches Standard, twist, or combination (legs up)
Decline bench crunches or situps
Kneeling cable crunches
Machine crunches
Leg raises
Dumbbell side bends

Chest

Incline dumbbell bench press
Bench press
Dumbbell pullover

All exercises are in successive 3 sets of 10 reps, maximum weight possible. Maximum time spent per session: 10 min warm-up, 30 minutes workout (+ a little more for flexibility), 10 min cooldown :D

:barbell::barbell::barbell:

This workout plans can be made a lot simple.
You only need 4 exercises to cover the muscles in your entire body.
The trouble with split routine is that once you failed to show up in the gym on the given part day, that body part will have to wait for the next week to be fried..
Why not do a WHOLE BODY routine everytime?
By doing whole body routines ALL your muscles will be get constant stimulation the whole week, it will have no choice but to grow.. SPLIT routine is OK if you wanna make a career out of body building. But if you're jaz an average joe whose got a life to live,
you will never go wrong with whole body routines.

The trouble with split routine is that once you failed to show up in the gym on the given part day, that body part will have to wait for the next week to be fried..
By doing whole body routines ALL your muscles will be get constant stimulation the whole week, it will have no choice but to grow.. SPLIT routine is OK if you wanna make a career out of body building. But if you're jaz an average joe whose got a life to live,

HHhhmmm...
My program po ba kayo dyan na pang Whole Body Routine?
Kasi po, medyo busy sked. ko talaga...
Kaya, siguro once/twice a week lang ako nakakapag-GYM...
Kaya po, ayun.
Hehehe!

=)

I used to do Full body workouts for as long as I can remember, the first few months are a blast since you notice that you're really getting bigger...until you reach the "bodybuilder's plateau" when it seems your muscle just plainly stopped growing.

Napansin ko when I was in full body workout, I grew big but I looked a lot like a weightlifter rather than a beefy, well hung muscular hunk :lol:, the main thing against full body workout, I guess, is the lack of MUSCLE DEFINITION you get from your routine, kung baga, bilugan ang dating ng katawan mo.

I switched to split routine 6 weeks ago and I swear I've seen more definition on my muscles more than I ever did doing full bodies before, yun nga lang, I had to squeeze a little more self discipline to haul myself to the gym every 3 days.

IMO, if you are after those ripped muscles bulging from under your shirt, go for split routines, a low fat-high protein diet and some aerobic cardios to burn away the fat and expose your muscles underneath.

:barbell:

I used to do Full body workouts for as long as I can remember, the first few months are a blast since you notice that you're really getting bigger...until you reach the "bodybuilder's plateau" when it seems your muscle just plainly stopped growing.

Napansin ko when I was in full body workout, I grew big but I looked a lot like a weightlifter rather than a beefy, well hung muscular hunk :lol:, the main thing against full body workout, I guess, is the lack of MUSCLE DEFINITION you get from your routine, kung baga, bilugan ang dating ng katawan mo.

I switched to split routine 6 weeks ago and I swear I've seen more definition on my muscles more than I ever did doing full bodies before, yun nga lang, I had to squeeze a little more self discipline to haul myself to the gym every 3 days.

IMO, if you are after those ripped muscles bulging from under your shirt, go for split routines, a low fat-high protein diet and some aerobic cardios to burn away the fat and expose your muscles underneath.

:barbell:

Hhhmmm...
May Gym Instructor po ba na nagtuturo sa inyo?

=)

Everything will work until you're body gets use to the stress you're subjecting it to. SO you gotta change you're routine for every 6 to 8 weeks.

Have you ever thought who are the atheletes that has the most aesthetically beautiful bodies (e.g: definition & symmetry) ?
DId i hear you say GYMNASTS?? Yes, they are the ones that has awesome bodies..What makes their body look the way they are?
walan nmang mga crunches,curls or splits silang ginagawa .Naglalambitin lang nman sila araw araw.
Culd it be the continous whole body stress they subjecting their body that makes their body that way?

Last edited:
HHhhmmm...
My program po ba kayo dyan na pang Whole Body Routine?
Kasi po, medyo busy sked. ko talaga...
Kaya, siguro once/twice a week lang ako nakakapag-GYM...
Kaya po, ayun.
Hehehe!

=)

1. SQUAT OR DEADLIFT
2. CHIN UP
3. DIPS
The above exercices covers all the muscles in you're body.
ALternate mo na lang yung squat at deads. I mean, pag mon nag squat ka, sa wed mag deads k nman.

Just do some variations after 8 weeks.

comment naman po kau sa program ko. wla kc instructor sa gym eh.
Mon-chest, bicep
Tue-shoulder-tricep
wed-back
thur-chest bicep
fri-shoulder-tricep
yan po ung program ko.

Around this thread may na mention about weightlifters to the effect that they dont look good enough, uneven muscles distribution or lacks muscle definition..
Some people have that WRONG notion..We cant blame them, kasi pag namention ang word the weightlifters ang nasa isip agad natin yung , madalas ipakita sa media which belongs to HEAVYWEIGHTS or SUPER HEAVY WEIGHTS class athletes.
KAsi sila yung nakakapagbuhat ng pinakamabigat ng load. Mga record breaking weights.
Malalaking tao ( more than 100 kgs ), malalaking muscles at malalaki rin ang mga bahay kanin..

LAhat ba ng weight lifters belongs in that same class???
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Eto, check for yourself.>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBU5aG_ZJ0&feature=related

Try to compare you're physique, tingnan nyo nga if you are more DEFINE than them..

Almost always isang movement / routine lang ang ginagawa nila araw-araw for so many yrs..

Last edited:
comment naman po kau sa program ko. wla kc instructor sa gym eh.
Mon-chest, bicep
Tue-shoulder-tricep
wed-back
thur-chest bicep
fri-shoulder-tricep
yan po ung program ko.

ANu ba purpose mo?
If you're purpose is jas to be fit and healthy, OK n yng program mo.
But if you're purpose is to grow bigger and have respectable muscles around you're body, ITS NOT ENOUGH.
Kelangan mo ng CONSTANT stimulation ng muscles for you to grow bigger. Once a week stimulation is not enough reason for your muscles. At least make it it 3x a week, thats why WHOLE BODY program is better than split routine.

@ninoi- sir gusto ko lumaki muscles ko. uhm. can u please give me a program in my exercise? wla kc instructor sa gym eh. Tengk you.

@ninoi- sir gusto ko lumaki muscles ko. uhm. can u please give me a program in my exercise? wla kc instructor sa gym eh. Tengk you.

HHhmmm...
Suggest ko lang...
Medyo kontian mo lang yung reps mo..
And then, medyo gain nang weights kada reps...
Kasi kung gain ng wieghts + maraming reps...
NnnaaakkkKooo...
Ang mangyayari niyan, parang may mararamdaman kang parang nasusunog yung muscles mo...
And, ang alam ko...
Medyo hindi maganda yun, kung ang aim mo talaga is mag mass nang muscles...
Kasi ang nangyayari dun, parang nabburn yung fat mo naman...
Kaya ayun..
Hehehe!

=)

Mga ilan kayang reps? So dapat pla mg heavy ako noh. uhm. .8-10 reps ska 4 sets? gnon b?

Mga ilan kayang reps? So dapat pla mg heavy ako noh. uhm. .8-10 reps ska 4 sets? gnon b?

HHhmmm...
Yun kasi yung sabi saken eh...
Hehehe!
So bali saken, 3 sets lang...

1st set = 12 reps.
2nd set = 8 reps.
3rd set = 6 reps.

Ayun ayun...
Bali padagdag ng padagdag ng yung weights hanggang dun sa medyo kailangan mo na talaga ng mag-spot sayo...
Hehehe!

=)

bigay nmn po kau ng workout pra sa palikpik o ung higher obliques,kung ano mn po un,ms mgnda po sna my visual,tnx po!!!!

suggest naman kayo ng program para sakin..
it's my first time and i just enrolled today..
slim po ako..gusto ko mag-gain ng weight..
antay ko post nyo ha..
by the way, i can go to the gym daily kasi bakasyon..

Gagastos ka pa sa gym, puwede naman magjogging and brisk walking sa labas. Tapos dapat carbo-diet ka. Tataba ka, buhay tambay nga lang.

Gagastos ka pa sa gym, puwede naman magjogging and brisk walking sa labas. Tapos dapat carbo-diet ka. Tataba ka, buhay tambay nga lang.

nakakapayat daw po lalo ang jogging??
payat na po kasi ako eh..
payat na payat..
nagenrol na po ako kahapon..

hmmm...ung mga mapapayat kaya d nmn sobrang mapayat....pag nag gym eh lalaki p katawan?

i mean medyo tataba p kaya gawa ng muscle n mag foform?...

ask lng poh...

bigay nmn po kau ng workout pra sa palikpik o ung higher obliques,kung ano mn po un,ms mgnda po sna my visual,tnx po!!!!

HHhmmm...
Pano po bang higher obliques?
Shoulders ba yun?

=)

Back
Top Bottom