Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

First Time sa GYM...

kung wala talagang time para mag punta sa gym,
kahit body weight exercises na lang muna gawin sa bahay.

pushups,
pullups/chinups (kung may bar sa house),
bodyweight squats,
crunches,
burpees, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M
mountain climbers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSTK0XzbFN0
jumping jacks,
sex, :lol:
etc.

pwde din naman bumili ng kahit dumbbells muna,
para madagdagan yung exercises na pwdeng gawin.

Hahaha!
Natawa ako dun sa Sex ah?!
Nyahahaha!
Whew whew.
Hehehe!

Ayun ayun...
Mga tsong...
Share ko lang...
Hehehe!
Lalo na kapag Chest yung routine niyo for the day...
And Incline/Bench Press yung gagawin niyo...

Mas mabuti po siguro kung may warm up nang konte...
Like, lagyan niyo na muna nang 10 pounds yung barbel.
5 lbs sa right, at ganun din sa left...
Then, do 20 reps.
Hehehe!
By that way...
Pagpapawisan na agad kayo...

Then, next...
Dagdag na nang weights..
But now, medyo 12 reps na lang...

Next `nun, dagdag weights ulet...
Pero, hanggang 8 reps na lang...

Lastly, super dagdag na nang weights...
`tas mas maganda kung mag-spot kung medyo `di na talaga kaya...
Then, do 6 reps lang...

Ayun...
Medyo konting ingat lang, kasi baka magka-injury ah?!
Hehehe!

=)

Hahaha!
`eto nanaman ako?!
Toink?!
Hehehe!

Tip lang po ulet...
Having enough sleep is a big factor after going to the gym...
EEeEe..
Ewan ko ba?!
Pero, medyo puyat lang talaga ako kagabi...
Pero, parang hindi ko maramdaman yung pinag-gym ko...
Hay.
Nung tuesday lang yung huling pag-gym ko ah..
Dapat kasi, medyo masakit pa sa katawan yung mga ganun...
`tas sa pangatlong araw lang siya parang mawawala yung sakit...
Pero, ngayon...
Ayun.
Parang nanlalambot yung pakiramdam ko po...
`tas pakiramdam ko, parang wala na-increase sa size yung mga muscles ko...
Siguro, sa puyat lang talaga `to...
`tas medyo not on the mood din para kumain kasi puyat nga...
Kaya ayun...
Hay.

T_T

para saan ang mega mass,paki explain po sakin,tnx

panu maiiwasan yung mga stretch marks?

Hhhmmm...
Sorry po ah...
Pero, I have no idea po talaga...
Kasi `man ako, my stretch marks din.
Hehehe!

Intay na lang natin yung post nang iba.

=)

Sakit ng katawan ko hehehe... up ko kasi bench press ko 110 pounds (55 lbs x 2), 3 sets (20 reps per set) natanggal yata shoulder blade ko. :slap:

Maraming causes ang stretch marks, these appears when the skin's collagen is damaged due to changes in shape gaya ng sa pregnancy, weightlifting or pag tumatanda na ang skin... eto yung ilang ways to prevent stretch marks especially when you're into bodybuilding:

Stretch Mark Stopper #1

Keep Hydrated

Drinking plenty of water and fluids maintains not only your body health, but your skin health too. Water keeps your skin firm and the collagen healthy and strong. When collagen is strong it makes the skin elastic, which means that stretch marks won’t form. Water also flushes the toxins out of your body which also pushes toxins out of your skin.

Stretch Mark Stopper #2

Keep Skin Healthy

Clean your face at least once a day. This is particularly important before you go to sleep if you wear makeup. Removing makeup opens up pores and allows your skin to breathe. Skin needs air to keep growing and creating new cells. The new cells keep your skin soft, smooth and free of stretch marks.

Stretch Mark Stopper #3

Avoid Steroids

Steroids contain many risks to a body. One of the ingredients in particular steroids actually reacts with the skin and can cause your body to create stretch marks. The stretch marks can occur anywhere – the legs, arms, abdomen and buttocks. Steroids given for treating medical conditions are not the suspects, but steroids used for body building and weightlifting are. These types of stretch marks mainly occur in men.

Stretch Mark Stopper #4

Quit Smoking

Smoking daily is destructive for many reasons. The smoke and products you exhale with the smoke hurts the elastin of the skin. Day after day continued exposure only hurts the elastin more. Stretch marks and wrinkles can appear on the face, the neck, legs, arms, and entire body of a smoker.

Stretch Mark Stopper #5

Hypnosis

Another new trend in combating stretch marks is through hypnosis. Trained doctors in the weight loss field believe that hypnosis can also manage your body’s reaction to something. For instance, they have a session in which they tell you your body is in good physical shape, your skin is glowing, and you look wonderful, and do not have stretch marks. If your mind thinks that, then your body will follow in the same manner. They trust the mind can alter or have an effect on the way you look. They influence your mind for your benefit.

Stretch Mark Stopper #6

Use Sunscreen

Sunscreen is a defensive measure in the war against stretch marks. Whenever you go out into the sun, cover your skin well with a high SPF sunscreen. The sun dries out not only the top layers of skin, but the underside layers as well. When the lower layers of sky dehydrate, the collagen also dries up. When collagen dries up, the skin is easier to damage. Stretch marks can happen with little aggravation.

Stretch Mark Stopper #7

Take Vitamins

No matter how hard we attempt to eat a stable diet, it is in no way quite good enough. To make up for this, make it a habit to take a vitamin every day. The vitamins will assist your skin from the inside out and keep the elastin and collagen healthy and stretch mark free.

Source: Yahoo Health

5a06eefc-acf5-4a97-b5c2-571e5e1d9098.gif

Sakit ng katawan ko hehehe... up ko kasi bench press ko 110 pounds (55 lbs x 2), 3 sets (20 reps per set) natanggal yata shoulder blade ko. :slap:

Nice!
Hahaha!
Grabe yun ah?!
Hahaha!
Kung ako siguro yun...
NnaaaKkKkooOo...
Bumaon na siguro ako dun sa bench?!
Nyahahaha!
Hay.
Medyo hindi pako makapag-gym ngayon eh...
Finals week na kasi...
Kainggit naman.

T_T

IF you can do 20 reps in a set, it would only mean that its too LIGHT..dont get use to it. pump it up a notch higher every week..
IF you wanna get big the rep range should just be 3-6 reps / set..
That means its a hell a lot heavy weights than you do on 20 reps

HIgher reps should only be done if ur wanting to lose some fats and weights.

IF you can do 20 reps in a set, it would only mean that its too LIGHT..dont get use to it. pump it up a notch higher every week..
IF you wanna get big the rep range should just be 3-6 reps / set..
That means its a hell a lot heavy weights than you do on 20 reps

HIgher reps should only be done if ur wanting to lose some fats and weights.

Thanks bro! :salute:

I was actually thinking about the same thing, irregular kasi ang weight training sessions ko kaya nagdadagdag ako ng reps to cover up :D Nagulat nga ako kaya ko pala 110 lbs, that would only mean I wasted too much time on 75 and 90 lbs.

Share ko nga pala itong Taebo Amped para sa mga interested, ginagamit ko yan pang limber and warm up on cardio weekends...

Thanks bro! :salute:

I was actually thinking about the same thing, irregular kasi ang weight training sessions ko kaya nagdadagdag ako ng reps to cover up :D Nagulat nga ako kaya ko pala 110 lbs, that would only mean I wasted too much time on 75 and 90 lbs.

Share ko nga pala itong Taebo Amped para sa mga interested, ginagamit ko yan pang limber and warm up on cardio weekends...

EEeeeEee...
Hahanap talaga ako nang oras bukas para makapag-GYM...
Hay.
Kakatapos lang kasi nang Finals Exams eh...
Hehehe!
Hay.
Sobrang nangayayat ako ngayon, dahil kasi sa puyat eh.
Hay.

T_T

Last edited:
input ko lang, 3-6 are meant for power lifters. lalaki ka nga pero di syah defined. better to keep the reps at 8-12 at the max weight lvl possible. i do 16, 14, 12 reps. post ko bukas exercises ko this week dahil sumali ako sa abs challenge.

here is the link: theabschannel.ning.com <-- so many infos or search arnel ricafranca in youtube.

makikisali ako sa inyo mga bossing :salute:

i started working out in july 08 in a class c gym. mataba ako at 188 lbs & 5'3". siyempre pag baguhan ka halos lahat ginagawa mo kasi iyon ang turo ng mga "batikan" sa gym. i was doing 8 exercises sa chest pa lang plus triceps & legs on day 1. day 2 ko shoulder/back/biceps. halos daily ako nagbubuhat at inaabot ng 3 hours sa dami ng ginagawa ko. kaya siguro biglang baba ang timbang ko to 168 lbs kasi overtraining ang nangayri sa akin. ang improvement lang lumiit bewang ko from 36" to 34", nagka-muscle sa shoulders at lumiit mga braso ko.

pagbalik ko dito sa saudi in october, nagbasa-basa na ako at may napulot ako sa bodybuilding.com na progressive weight training program:

mon: shoulders & triceps
tue: back & trapz
wed: rest
thu: forearms & legs
fri: chest & biceps
sat & sun: rest

progressive meaning the weights get heavier after every set but the repetition gets lesser e.g. incline bench press:

set 1 - 77lbs, 12reps
set 2 - 88lbs, 10reps
set 3 - 100lbs, 8 reps

now i spend less than an hour sa gym. may improvement na sa muscle growth pero di pa visible ang cuts na sinsabi ninyo. natural supplements lang ako with soy milk, milk, tuna & egg whites.

personally i jog on the treadmill on rest days kasi nga malaki pa ang tiyan ko. umaasa ako na magka-abdominal muscles someday :pray:

hahanapin ko iyong link then post ko dito

enjoy :barbell: mga bossing!

Wouldnt it be great to be strong and have ABS?
What's the point of having an ABS kung lampa ka nman.
If you lift heavy, having your dreams abs will be jaz a bonus.:yipee:

Yeahbah?!
Hahaha!
EEEeeEE...
Magbubuhat na ulet ako maya maya...
Hahaha!

=)

I agree bro, in the heydays daw of Arnold and Lou (Ferrigno) di gaanong napapansin ang abs, the focus then have always been the size of the biceps, I guess ngayon , because of media hype, the abs have become the new status symbol of the bodybuilder.

In my humble viewpoint, the prime cut we get with bodybuilding/weightlifting is the excellent HEALTH we are in, the strong sense of discipline we eventually develop and the pride in what we do that makes us feel like we are a cut above the rest.

But then again, we all have our unique goals and preferences..:p

Eto nga pala program ko ngayon, 3 times a week lang because of my hectic sked:

Monday/ Session 1 – Legs and Buttocks

Legs

Dumbbell Squat 10 reps (3 sets)
Leg press
Leg curls (SS)
Leg extension (SS)
Dumbbell or barbell calf raises
Calf raise (machine)

Buttocks

Dumbbell or barbell forward lunges
Bridges
Cable hip abductions (SS)
Cable kickbacks (SS)

Wednesday/ Session 2 – Back, Shoulders and Arms

Back and Shoulders

Lat pulldown
Seated cable row
Romanian deaflift
Seated dumbbell press
Dumbbell shrugs
Bent over lateral dumbbell raises (SS)
Alternate front dumbbell raises (SS)

Arms

Dumbbell bicep curls (SS)
Dumbbell tricep kickbacks (SS)
Reverse barbell curls with E-Z bar
Tricep pushdowns
Barbell preacher curl (SS)
Dumbbell tricep extensions (SS)

Fridays/ Session 3 – Abdominals and Chest

Abdominals

Crunches Standard, twist, or combination (legs up)
Decline bench crunches or situps
Kneeling cable crunches
Machine crunches
Leg raises
Dumbbell side bends

Chest

Incline dumbbell bench press
Bench press
Dumbbell pullover

All exercises are in successive 3 sets of 10 reps, maximum weight possible. Maximum time spent per session: 10 min warm-up, 30 minutes workout (+ a little more for flexibility), 10 min cooldown :D

:barbell::barbell::barbell:

I agree bro, in the heydays daw of Arnold and Lou (Ferrigno) di gaanong napapansin ang abs, the focus then have always been the size of the biceps, I guess ngayon , because of media hype, the abs have become the new status symbol of the bodybuilder.

In my humble viewpoint, the prime cut we get with bodybuilding/weightlifting is the excellent HEALTH we are in, the strong sense of discipline we eventually develop and the pride in what we do that makes us feel like we are a cut above the rest.

But then again, we all have our unique goals and preferences..:p

Eto nga pala program ko ngayon, 3 times a week lang because of my hectic sked:

Monday/ Session 1 – Legs and Buttocks

Legs

Dumbbell Squat 10 reps (3 sets)
Leg press
Leg curls (SS)
Leg extension (SS)
Dumbbell or barbell calf raises
Calf raise (machine)

Buttocks

Dumbbell or barbell forward lunges
Bridges
Cable hip abductions (SS)
Cable kickbacks (SS)

Wednesday/ Session 2 – Back, Shoulders and Arms

Back and Shoulders

Lat pulldown
Seated cable row
Romanian deaflift
Seated dumbbell press
Dumbbell shrugs
Bent over lateral dumbbell raises (SS)
Alternate front dumbbell raises (SS)

Arms

Dumbbell bicep curls (SS)
Dumbbell tricep kickbacks (SS)
Reverse barbell curls with E-Z bar
Tricep pushdowns
Barbell preacher curl (SS)
Dumbbell tricep extensions (SS)

Fridays/ Session 3 – Abdominals and Chest

Abdominals

Crunches Standard, twist, or combination (legs up)
Decline bench crunches or situps
Kneeling cable crunches
Machine crunches
Leg raises
Dumbbell side bends

Chest

Incline dumbbell bench press
Bench press
Dumbbell pullover

All exercises are in successive 3 sets of 10 reps, maximum weight possible. Maximum time spent per session: 10 min warm-up, 30 minutes workout (+ a little more for flexibility), 10 min cooldown :D

:barbell::barbell::barbell:

Hhhmmm...
Uy, nice program ah?!
Hehehe!

Hhmmm...
Try ko din minsan `to ah?!
Hehehe!
Hektik din talaga sked. ko ngayon eh, kahit na summer na...
Hay.

Hhhmmm...
Next week siguro...
Kakayanin ko na yung 40-40 lbs. sa bench press...
WwwwweeEEe!
Umaangat nako!
Hahaha!

Yun nga lang...
Hirap talaga ako sa Incline Bench Press naman...
Whew.

=)

Be very careful with bench press.
While its a good exercise to develop your PECS, it is also notoriosly have a bad impact on your shoulder. Almost 70% of shoulder injuries
happens while doin that exercise.
I would suggest to use the dumbell instead. Its safer.
But if you want it to be a lot more safer, just do the DIPS..
That's helluva exercise for your PECS, triceps, shoulders, back, in one movement

Be very careful with bench press.
While its a good exercise to develop your PECS, it is also notoriosly have a bad impact on your shoulder. Almost 70% of shoulder injuries
happens while doin that exercise.
I would suggest to use the dumbell instead. Its safer.
But if you want it to be a lot more safer, just do the DIPS..
That's helluva exercise for your PECS, triceps, shoulders, back, in one movement

Hhhmmm...
pano po ba yung Dips???

=)

Back
Top Bottom