Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

jajaja. you are right... but im trying to avoid being nostalgic about the work itself, empie days (jajaja emeperador) et cetera.

well, i cant deny.... :D
you are certain about it. im missing my co-agents. even those days when i rolled out of bed(yawning) and set off for work without taking a bath jajajaja. sleepy head lols.

maybe an iphone 5 will be the turning point.... roaarrr!...(head shaking).. oh, where can i apply? jajajaja. kidding.

soon ill be living in a fast lane, jajaja.
for now, just making ends meet :D

better to leave the company than to make a fair share of enemies jajaja.

edit: @lean
btw, when are you going to apply?

Last edited:
Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

@caspering - looks like you've enjoyed much 'partying' & 'drinking sessions' when you're still working. Hmm...?

Once in a while, you'll definitely miss the company of your co-workers/friends, because somehow, you'll want them around when you want to discuss something which is worth talking about.
It's really nice to spend time talking to highly intellectual individuals who share common ideals or perspectives with you, knowing you'll be having a good conversation with them..

Back in my previous workplace, I've had my fair share of friends,as well as haters. :D hehe..

Those insecure yet incompetent people lurking behind our manager's back. They hate me whenever I'm around because I'm not very lenient on letting them off of their errors, imposing strict mode when checking their work. Hey! I'm just doing my job! I'm not targeting their work in particular -- what we checked as qc personnel were given to us at random.

They even blurt out comments when I'm nearby,making it audible enough for me to hear, "that I should know them, as they've been senior to us by two months." (Translation: seniors = manager's pets regardless of competency/performance. )

There's even one point during my stay there when *that* girl confronted me one time before my shift and asked me directly if I happened to know who she
was.. I told her I know her, even addressed her
"maam" even if I don't have to. I asked her why, but she didn't respond. Afterwards, when I decided to look at the bulletin board to check our new rankings, my name was marked with a strikethrough(with dark green glitter pen with a flow so thick,it managed to cover up my name almost entirely. obviously, she hates me that much. Well, it's not my problem
anymore if I'm a lot better than her,right? It's not my fault either.)

Hopefully by next week,if my resources permit me to do so..I still have some things to sort out. One thing's for sure. I'll be out there job hunting within this month, and hopefully, I'll land a job this month. :D

p.s. : I've enjoyed lurking and reading in the other sections, stories & essays in particular; I've been reading threads since 10pm 'til now - it's almost 6am as I'm writing this post. :D
my time to sleep now. hehe. :D

they envy you for sure :)
what a pity, ofcourse each and everyone has his/her own way of implementing discipline so as carrying out responsibility. bad for them they had you lols, all i can say is, you were an asset to your previous company huh...

obviously, you cant be lenient, you were a part of QA team.
being "strict" is assocoated to any QA personnel.

i cant imagine a QA to be lousy and getting his/her knees like jelly, breaking out into cold sweat... (exag) lols.
rather courageous and dignified... i can tell you that, coz i was observing our QA team then.... scary.... jajajaja

pretty normal once you go against them, they will retaliate.
at times they will attempt to get a rise out of you, or even confront you.... making chizmiz here and there.... parang celebrity lang... ;)

prepare themselves about the ramifications of their wrong doings :) :) ;) time will come.... jajaja

if i were you i will still protect my own interest and will report them to my boss.. i woudnt care who came-in first jejeje.
do we have bullying law then? i was just kidding :D

Last edited:

Hahaha.

thanks for admiring me & seeing me that way...
apparently, my previous employer doesn't even seem to notice that...

anyway...

Within a week after that confrontation, I did become a celebrity of sorts.hehe...

here's the first part of my story... it's not yet finished as of the moment I am posting it so I've decided to split it into parts...

here it goes...
---

To be the object of 'the seniors' discussion, it's either you're bad when it comes to performance (with them regarding you as a moron and themselves as feeling perfect individuals who are far more supreme than you are), or you're pretty damn good (you're getting under their skin). It can also be because you're going out with someone 'hot', or perhaps, you've become a threat to their existence in the company.

---

I was part of the 3rd shift (graveyard), and my batchmates from wave 2,who happened to be in the 1st shift knew about the news (the confrontation) and immediately asked me what happened. I just told them that I'm just doing my job.!

Within that week, I've been a recipient of ridiculous actions. 1st, my terminal's wallpaper had been set with their 'group' picture. 'the seniors'. Then, I've 'received' a note, in the form of a piece of torn scrap paper insinuating that I'm somewhat insecure. Something like that. it was left in the dent below my monitor's screen, making it appear like clutter. what to do? I removed it and *tried* to see and read what was written inside. oh. go figure if it really was a misplaced clutter or a message that was really intended for me. Then my name was marked on our progress report rankings.

The most infuriating action they did to me was
they've reported me to our superiors, without talking to me first. If they've got some issues with me, might as well talk to me & tell me directly other than telling the superiors directly, making a big fuss out of it, hoping to have some leverage over me,with them being our project manager's "pets". They claimed that I was wrong in checking *her* work, and appealed for immediate action. That b*tch even has the guts to do that!

That one broke me out of my shell. I arrived at the office quite early, and I was greeted by sir F., one of those seniors who was somewhat like our "kuya" & "kabarkada" at the office, who also happened to be 'the most senior' of 'the seniors'. He was the closest TL to me, and he was the one to break the news to me. He told me, "may problema ka. Sinumbong ka nila kay sir R. Mali mali daw ung ginawa mong qc sa gawa nila. Usap tayo maya."

Sir R was our assistant manager, and was the one in charge of overseeing the 3rd shift.

Immediately, I went numb. I wanted to cry & hit someone's face at that time. I wanted to scream and burst out my anger. Knowing the work that I do, I'm very much committed to ensure that everything's *almost* perfect. An error is an error, regardless of it being a minor or major one. The purpose of quality control back there is to check the validity of the document if it was properly splitted & categorized, and at the same time, to check the progress of those doing the production. Whenever I see an error, I take note of it immediately. So that the manager can point out to that particular person his mistakes, especially those that he usually commit. TO IMPROVE the QUALITY and ACCURACY of the WORKER and the WORK itself.

How dare that b*tch did that to me!
The nerve!!!

I am very much aware of the accuracy,quality, validity & credibility of the work that I do. how dare that effin' b*tch of a girl question the validity of my work!

It's not my fault anymore if her judgment was wrong. It's not my fault either if she'd made wrong judgments based on something wrong that she knew and she believed(read: claimed) to be right.
how foolish of her to think that I'm wrong because it wasn't right according to HER standards. XD

we'll, I do my assignments and
I know MY own set of STANDARDS.
I follow
THE COMPANY'S STANDARDS.

Last edited:

maxado mahina ako sa english, pero nice tip kahit old post na.

the continuation...

--part 2--

Seriously,can you tell me who's wrong even at first glance?

1. A data analyst(production) gets a random file to work on, generated by the system.

2. A data analyst isn't supposed to track down who will check his/her work.

It's not your business anymore what happens to a file AFTER you've finished your part working on it.

3. The TL(quality control) gets a file for qc, which was randomized by the ICM.

The identity of the person who has done the file that we'll check IS NOT revealed to us, UNLESS we use the system to identify and trace who has done the production for a certain file.

4. A TL isn't supposed to track down who has done the file that he'll check.

It was randomized and given to us like that so that we'll be able to treat every document we check unbiased, for us to examine it in a professional perspective and approach, regardless of who made that, ensuring that we don't incorporate our grudges with our work, eliminating the possibility of hitting someone destructively under the hood,eventually messing up a certain person's career with whatever grudges we hold against that person.

---

Our shift started at 11pm, & that time,
I was out of my usual self.
I searched for the possible "file" that was being held against me,and for which I've been accused wrongfully. I've found it and did a double-check.

Around 12midnight, I approached sir R's workstation and asked him if my hint about the "file" held against me was really the file in question. I told him that I'm willing to check it again in front of him, just to justify my judgment and rectify my stand. He told me not to think of it, and they'll take care of it. They'll carefully check and investigate who was right and who was wronged.

Around 1am, me & my buddies were teasing each other while doing our work, doing our usual chit-chat, trash talk, 'banat' moments, and occasional soundtrip. Until they've brought the topic about me and the TLs from 2nd shift. I can't take it anymore. I broke down to tears...

I let it out and the others blamed J,the one seated next to me for making me cry. He tried to comfort and console me. I told them,"you guys, if you've got issues with me, you should tell them to me directly.."

After crying for maybe 15mins while doing my work,
I felt relieved. Even though my buddies were boys, (our shift having only 4girls mixed with 12boys,
and I chose to be "one of the boys",) I felt somehow relieved with their company - their presence and support.

Around 2am, during our break, I approached sir F.
We talked about the matter. I told him how I felt.
He told me I shouldn't worry. They'll check it carefully. For the meantime, he told me to lie-low a bit,
cut them some slack when it comes to minor errors I'll encounter while doing my qc production. He told me that he was also pissed with what they've done to me. He was really mad at them - even blurted out that they've been out of bounds and what they've done is too much. They're not going anywhere without having their own share of repercussions when everything's been sorted out,after what they've done to me. What they did was a major offense.

After our shift, sir R and the others agreed that we go out after logging off, with all of us joining the drinking session. It ended up with me feeling better, after two or three bottles of beer and a whole lot of loud talking. It was quite a bonding moment to remember. It was worth remembering. I missed those guys... :')

Two to three days later, sir F approached me.
He told me that it's already sorted out. I have nothing to worry about anymore. They've checked the claim(report), the output of the file in question and my report, and it turned out to be, well, guess what?

It turned out to be that I was right and they were proven wrong. They were also reprimanded that I'm just doing my job,so they should take care of their own,rather than tracking me with what I do. I almost hugged sir F for telling me the news, and gave him a high five instead. :D He told me to just ignore those TLs. They'll get what they deserve.

Last edited:

wow nice thread, i used to visit PEx for call center job inquiries. im still backreading this thread. :)

@lean
i was thinking, while reading the first part of your story, that you will just move along. hey, you really fought for yourself huh.. (well, what they sow is what they reap jeje.) how can i not salute you for that... you're such a brave "one of the boys" lols

dear, im looking up to you, i cant imagine being in your position. you know what? a small slight can drive me mad. particularly if im having a feeling of someone looking down his/her nose at me.... thats bull :D unlike you, who was able to stand still. see that? they and what army... jajajaja. thumbs up!

one more thing, i easily got riled up, back then, if someone wasnt using his/her coconut nut jajaja.
yes... i dont care about the position... i dont care if i was just an agent.. like arguing with my superior for a lousy answer i got from him then argument, and another superior who cant handle a healthy conversation... grrrr..

and lastly with a QA head, who was explaining this and that, disected each and every aspect of QA Guidelines but during grading period will just go back and consider everything as a whole?! jajaja. funny... (flipped off)

but im also wishing not to be like that, how i wish i can control myself and be nice.

guys, take this as a cautionary tale..

forgive me my superiors and QA head. ji ji ji

im wondering, why your real names appeared on your works and not aliases?
how can i weigh things if i, myself is pasaway jajaja.

but you just did your job.
the final verdict had spoken in favor of you.
only shows, you were on the right track.

Last edited:

:nice:

I'm a fresh computer engineering graduate turn into a call center agent for three months now. I love and enjoy my job. Nice thread.

---part 3---

Backtrack:

When we started the training, there were: 17 "seniors", 20 from wave 1, and 11 from wave 2.

I was part of wave 2. Those from wave 1 were ahead of us by a week in training. They've already been doing production when we started our classes. We've had classes for a little over a week. Then we've started production afterwards.

At first, all of us trainees from wave 1 and wave 2 were all given the position of data analysts. All of us do the production. Only those seniors do the quality control audit back then. They were also the team leaders/ floor-walkers giving assistance to us.

The seniors and those from wave 1 had been using the first version of the program that we used for production. However, we trainees from wave two were lucky because when we started doing our production, a new version of the program used for production has been available for use.

Two weeks after all of us had been using the new tool for production , the project manager decided to put our rankings on the bulletin board. Our rankings back then was based purely on accuracy. The computation was even explained to us so that we can check the computation by ourselves. Everything back then was clear.

Days later, I've been welcomed with the news that I've been "promoted" as candidate for team leader (unofficial TL/ quality control auditor). There were only 9 of us who passed the required mark for accuracy so we were divided into three shifts. Since then(that same day), I've been doing 30% production 70% qc audit during my shift, and also some coaching with my co-workers who were assigned to do production. They (my shift-mates)asked me for assistance every now and then. So I've decided to take some action on my own and took the initiative to install teamviewer on my terminal,as well as theirs. With that readily available, it helped us somehow, in a way that I can attend to them while doing my production/qc audit, without me having to leave my terminal and going to their terminals just to see their monitors for me to be able to address their concerns and inquiries. Being consistently in the top five for the succeeding rankings, I've been doing my job as qc auditor for three succeeding weeks.

Two weeks after I've been a TL(unofficial), the assistant manager decided to post a ranking based on speed. I was not faring well with that ranking because of the cold as I was seated with my back facing the aircon unit directly. Three to four times per shift, I suffer from extreme cold,with my body feeling almost frozen and numb that even my breathing was affected. I had difficulty breathing. My movement was also affected. I was numbed by the cold,suffering from mild hypothermia. There was a seat plan being enforced and we were not allowed to trade terminals with my co-workers. I managed my ordeal by resorting to drinking coffee 2-3times per shift, as it somehow helped me to ease and lessen the coldness that I've felt. Nevertheless, my rankings based on accuracy made up for me pretty well,as I've been consistently in the top five.

After almost six weeks of training (five weeks of production), we were shocked by a news that we're all on forced leave for two days.

Then, we were notified to report for work the succeeding monday. We were all surprised that from 48, we've been trimmed down to 30, dividing us into two shifts. All of us will do production. But the biggest surprise was yet to come. Having a shortage of documents to process, we're tasked to do 2 files per analyst. We will be graded from that.

The next day, the biggest shock hit me . The rankings were posted the next day and I was dumbfounded with the result. It was based on speed. I nearly freaked out upon seeing my name on the far bottom of the list. What the hell was that about?!

It was not transparent to us unlike before. The manager just told me to do my best that day.

And I did my best that day. We did production with 2 files again.

The next day, we were not advised to report for work. Yet, we went to the office to get our paycheck. What I saw posted on the wall had been like a bomb that had been dropped in front of me which had exploded even before I realized it was a bomb.

The rankings were still the same. Still as vague as before. I've asked the manager(sir P) how the computation was done, but he clearly was not interested to explain anything at all. After waiting for him for more than two hours, the only explanation I've gotten from him was a piece of paper which I've seen before that was handed to me by the ICM. I've asked the ICM how they determined the computation for their rankings, but unfortunately, he told me he doesn't know how it was done. He told me to asked sir R instead who was the assistant manager. I've approached him and asked him how our rankings were determined because it was vague and I'm very much convinced that it was based on speed alone, unlike what they claimed that it was based on combined speed and accuracy. I asked him nicely if I can see the whole computation, my own grades alone, so that I may see the percentage of accuracy and the percentage of speed that was used to determine our final rankings. Sad to say, only the manager(sir P) had access to that file. Sir R had been deprived of that access. He was even shocked to see how it turned out for me, coz he knew very well how I do my job. Regardless of speed, I am able to meet the daily quota, regardless of how many pages the files may contain. I've been doing my job the best that I can, and what I've experienced in that company was one thing I'll never forget : I wasn't judged fairly despite of my efforts to be an asset to the company. It was clearly their loss not mine.

Me and my co-workers knew that we weren't judged fairly. We've come to that conclusion because there were people whom we very well know that shouldn't be part of the 15 who were retained. 2-3 persons among those 15 who were retained don't deserved to be there, performance-wise. Nevertheless, it was management's decision. They want those people around? Fine.

Now I've moved on and I know that there's a lot of companies out there that do treat their employees fairly, far more better than the company I've previously worked for.

P.S.: it was also during my 2nd week into becoming a team leader when the incident with the villain girls happened.

after the elimination:

We were put on forced leave status even though we're not bound by a contract back then. Our previous company was not even considerate enough to deal with us truthfully, to tell us frankly that it's over and we're not needed anymore.

--- end of story ---

@ caspering - thanks for the compliments.

I understand your sentiments. You don't take crap for an answer. You don't wanna be treated like crap. Well, who would like to be treated as such right? Anyone who's in his proper mind won't be taking crap for an answer when you're engaged in a serious conversation. Naturally, you'll get mad if you're talked to like that.

---

I'm quite patient when it comes to dealing with that kind of person at work. I know my limits. I won't mind wasting my time and effort making them satisfied by playing their game.

However, if there's one thing that I can't tolerate, that would be questioning the validity of the work that I do.

With everything that I do, I always exert my effort and dedication to ensure that it's *almost* perfect, or at least 99% accurate at the very least. I'm quite a perfectionist with everything that I've exerted my effort with. I didn't like it at all if my efforts turned out to be wasted. I have very low tolerance when it comes to that. And if anyone dared accuse me doing my work without my brains, or tried to make my work look screwed, well, you get the picture. I'll be very much pleased to prove that b*tch wrong in front of the authorities.

I stand resilient in the midst of all that's been said against me. But when I know that what's been said or done to me has gone way too overboard, I won't hesitate to stand and fight for myself. I know how to fight for myself, and when I do, I'll do whatever it takes for me to get the justice that I deserve. I fight with my own way of fighting - mind games at the very least. As a famous quote goes,
"Do your worst, for I will do mine!" .

If I know that I am the one who's been right all along, then I'll take my stand and fight for it, no matter what.

---

Back there, what we have to work on as control were stubs which indicated the name of the file's owner and the trace/control number for that particular file.

We just put our names, the handling time,
and the number of pages before the document was processed,
on the stubs
so that it can be monitored by the ICM.

The only difference is that those doing production also mark their stubs with the number of groupings made after the document has been processed. Whereas for us doing the qc audit, we take note of the errors made, counting the major,minor, & total errors that has been made to a document that has been processed by production.

Only the ICM knows directly who processed/checked a particular file. We didn't use codenames coz we didn't feel we have a need to. After all, it was for a non-voice, mortgage account. We didn't take calls. It was purely focused on handling data.

The only error made by the ICM was that, when the rankings were placed and the TLs were replaced by us who were on top of the ranking, they should've changed credentials for the network's folder access. The incident of intentionally tracking a file could've been avoided if all 48 of us were denied access. The seniors couldn't have abused that access. The confrontation incident could've been avoided in the first place.

ive lost my reply. where did it go ju ju ju... right after clicking on "submit reply"..

anyway, goodluck lean. im hoping you'll land a better job, better company, and as i can see you'll get a position considering your attitude and work behavior.

tired of typing now jajaja.
so long....

Last edited:

very well said Ms. Lean. hmp

@ caspering - oh. you should've secured your reply by copying it to the clipboard before you've hit the submit reply button. that usually happened to me a lot of times, so I've learned earlier to use that trick to be sure I won't be losing my 'reply', especially if it's quite long. I didn't know what's with that glitch. I'm using freenet now so I don't know if the same goes with those using legit internet connection.

thanks for being a well-wisher all along..

bookmarked! xD

I've been thinking of you most of the time.

papost naman po ng mga bpo na tumatanggap ng hs grad.

@ fruen3 - thanks for the appreciation. :D

try reading the whole thread.
I've read this once before from start to finish..

trust me, once you've read their stories,
you'll somehow gain confidence and you'll find yourself surprised to feel your spirits renewed somehow.

I owe it to this thread - how it has been able to boost my morale at one time when I've almost lost hope. it's quite cumbersome to deal with rejection at first if you didn't know how to handle it. upon reading this thread as a whole, I've renewed my spirits and was able to start again, feeling better than ever.

Hi guys, I am eager to be a part of this so called "Call center World". Any advice could you spare for me?. I'm not confident enough when it regards to verbal communication..I know how to speak and use appropriate vocabularies but i don't know how to deliver it.

Nice thread here TS.
very informative:champ:

Back
Top Bottom