Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

mga born-again christians, dito po tayo

hindi

saka hindi modified ang kanilang 10 commandments
to give way to image worship

Hiding the Second Commandment?

Another charge sometimes made by Protestants is that the Catholic Church "hides" the second commandment. This is because in Catholic catechisms, the first commandment is often listed as "You shall have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20:3), and the second is listed as "You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain." (Ex. 20:7). From this, it is argued that Catholics have deleted the prohibition of idolatry to justify their use of religious statues. But this is false. Catholics simply group the commandments differently from most Protestants.

In Exodus 20:2–17, which gives the Ten Commandments, there are actually fourteen imperative statements. To arrive at Ten Commandments, some statements have to be grouped together, and there is more than one way of doing this. Since, in the ancient world, polytheism and idolatry were always united—idolatry being the outward expression of polytheism—the historic Jewish numbering of the Ten Commandments has always grouped together the imperatives "You shall have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20:3) and "You shall not make for yourself a graven image" (Ex. 20:4). The historic Catholic numbering follows the Jewish numbering on this point, as does the historic Lutheran numbering. Martin Luther recognized that the imperatives against polytheism and idolatry are two parts of a single command.

Jews and Christians abbreviate the commandments so that they can be remembered using a summary, ten-point formula. For example, Jews, Catholics, and Protestants typically summarize the Sabbath commandment as, "Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy," though the commandment’s actual text takes four verses (Ex. 20:8–11).

When the prohibition of polytheism/idolatry is summarized, Jews, Catholics, and Lutherans abbreviate it as "You shall have no other gods before me." This is no attempt to "hide" the idolatry prohibition (Jews and Lutherans don’t even use statues of saints and angels). It is to make learning the Ten Commandments easier.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-worship-statues

Hiding the Second Commandment?

Another charge sometimes made by Protestants is that the Catholic Church "hides" the second commandment. This is because in Catholic catechisms, the first commandment is often listed as "You shall have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20:3), and the second is listed as "You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain." (Ex. 20:7). From this, it is argued that Catholics have deleted the prohibition of idolatry to justify their use of religious statues. But this is false. Catholics simply group the commandments differently from most Protestants.

In Exodus 20:2–17, which gives the Ten Commandments, there are actually fourteen imperative statements. To arrive at Ten Commandments, some statements have to be grouped together, and there is more than one way of doing this. Since, in the ancient world, polytheism and idolatry were always united—idolatry being the outward expression of polytheism—the historic Jewish numbering of the Ten Commandments has always grouped together the imperatives "You shall have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20:3) and "You shall not make for yourself a graven image" (Ex. 20:4). The historic Catholic numbering follows the Jewish numbering on this point, as does the historic Lutheran numbering. Martin Luther recognized that the imperatives against polytheism and idolatry are two parts of a single command.

Jews and Christians abbreviate the commandments so that they can be remembered using a summary, ten-point formula. For example, Jews, Catholics, and Protestants typically summarize the Sabbath commandment as, "Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy," though the commandment’s actual text takes four verses (Ex. 20:8–11).

When the prohibition of polytheism/idolatry is summarized, Jews, Catholics, and Lutherans abbreviate it as "You shall have no other gods before me." This is no attempt to "hide" the idolatry prohibition (Jews and Lutherans don’t even use statues of saints and angels). It is to make learning the Ten Commandments easier.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/do-catholics-worship-statues

you are free to believe what you want.
you are free to interpret it the way you want. :salute:

Nice thread! :) Sino po mga nasa music ministry dito? Jamming tayo minsan! :)

Word International Ministries-Pateros po church namin. :)

God bless us, brethrens! :)

hi po sa inyong lahat, june last year i tried na mag attend sa isang born again group and it was the first time in my life na naramdaman ko ung kakaibang pakiramdam na parang nandon ang DIYOS malapit sa iyo, i started to cry, feel so guilty and begin to realize na napakarami ko palang kasalanan at pagkukuang sa DIYOS, hiyang-hiya ako sa sarili ko noon dahil napakarami po palang taong gumigising this early at galing pa sa malalayong lugar makapagworship lamang sa KANYA, eh ako ano bang ginawa ko, kung hindi magcomplain ng magcomplain. Actually i was born ang raised in a Catholic family and siguro niloob na rin ng DIYOS na hindi ko man lang naipractice ng taimtim kung ano ang mga way nila bilang catholic. All my life kahit hindi ko pa naranasang magpunta sa ibang denomination alam kong may mali na at sa totoo lang di na halos ako nagsisimba at parang may hinahanap ako. GOD is so great at sa tagal ng paghahanap ko ng katotohanan ay tinulot nya na makapunta ako sa isang pagtitipon na ganoon.

It's not actually the first time ng makaattend ako sa isang born again na pagtitipon, I was also invited by my co-worker even before last year of june but at that time parang wla lang sa akin at parang wala akong naramdaman na kakaiba.

After po non dahil po may mga nakaalam na nag aattend na po ako every sunday sa isang born again church ay marami pong nagiinvite sa akin na itry ko daw po ung samahan nila, dahil sa isip ko naman tutal parehas namn silang born again ay bakit hindi, atleast naicocompare ko po ung pagkakaiba. Sa totoo lang po may malaki po palang pagkakaiba sa way ng isang born again na oneness at trinitarian at medyo po naconfuse ako dahil medyo magkaiba ung turo nila or medyo may pagkakaiba.

Although regular na po akong nagsisimba every sunday sa church namin ay minsan po ay parang nagtatanong ako or siguro may gumugulo sa isipan ko na prang natitisod ako minsan sa kadahilalanan na parang iniisip ko po na para yatang nagiging masyadong nahahaluan ng komersyo itong kinabibilangan ko dahil parang ang lahat yata ng activity nila ay kailangang magbayad na parang salungat sa aking idealism na ang relihiyon or ang salvation ay dapat for free. Isa pong dahilan kung bakit parang nawalan ako ng gana sa katoliko ay yung parang halos lahat yata ay may bayad. At para yata ako bigla napatanong sa sarili ko na tama po ba ito, although spiritually i feel so fulfilled ang blessed pag nandon ako sa church.

Wala po akong balak lumipat pa sa ibang denomination dahil ito talaga ung gustong kong sapian, kaya nga lang po gaya ng isang thread na binuksan ko, nagtatanong po ako kung meron po bang isang samahan na hindi pera ang empahasis.

Sa inyo pong lahat mga brother and sister please enlighten me, I am still open sa ibang denomination basta born again sya, maraming salamat po sa inyo lalong lalo na sa makakapagbigay linaw sa mga katanungan ko.

Last edited:
Sunday na naman bukas Goodnight sa lahat :hi:

invited kayo lahat sa sunday service namin bukas :) sa may FCM lang 4-7pm :)

Last edited:
still awake..
dito pa kasi sa office..hahaha..
diretso na mamaya sa church..

simba mode later..
God bless us all ^^

mga bro.. merun po ba kau mga songs/album ni jamie grace pahinge po... tnx..

mga bro.. merun po ba kau mga songs/album ni jamie grace pahinge po... tnx..

nice bro.. :) may the blessing of the Lord be unto you and your household.. :) comment lang po.. siguro ang pagiging born again christian ay hindi isang brand.. or isang religion.. let's take it as parang life style.. medyo kasi naiiba na ang interpretasyon at perception natin.. sabi po ni Paul, when we accept Christ, the old is gone, the new has come.. God bless us all.. :)

Amen to that Bro. Bugged! May God bless you and your entire household... continue to be a blessing to others!

Back
Top Bottom