Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Book Lover / Collector (Anong books, e-books binabasa mo ngayon?) Symbianize Book Club

jinny

🌟 IDYLLIC 🌟
Prime Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Stack of Books Flyer (1).png

Do you love reading or collecting books or e-books? Are you an avid fan of kindle, kobo or nook? Tara usap tayo!
(Dear Mods, if there is already the same thread like this one kindly delete and I do apologize in advance for creating the same thread)

In this thread we can share about the books we are currently reading, we want to read next or the books we finished reading. You can also include the reason/s why do you love this book, anything goes as long as we follow forum rules and regulations ;)

Here's mine:

Currently reading:
DS.png

Plot of the story:

Sequel of the book "The Shinning" it tells the story of Danny Torrance who grows alcoholic and has anger management issue just like his father. He makes his way to New Hampshire and give-up drinking eventually landing a job in a hospice where he aided his dying patience as well as the cat "Azzie", thus acquiring the name "Doctor Sleep".

In the meantime, Abra, a girl who was born with psychic ability and seemingly predicted the 9/11 bombing and unintentionally establish a psychic bond with Dan Torrance making him her "imaginary friend". The rest history!

Why I love this book:
Was able to watch the movie, grabe! Decided to find and buy my own copy of the paperback although I already have the e-book :giggle:
Iba pa rin kasi pag original book ang binabasa :pacute:

I'm so hook-up with this book because of the story, was not able to read or watch the shining but I guess this books sums up both stories.

Next book to read:

LB.png

Hopefully I won't be shedding any tears while reading, according to movie reviews this one is heart breaking :sigh:

Enjoy sharing! :svibe:

meron pala sa SM Seaside :think:

1694658255782.png

Cebu nga lang :lmao:

Sana meron ulit sa MOA MOA :lol:

IMG20230916103617.jpg
Ito sa ngayon binabasa ko.

Synopsis:

Deadly storms have ravaged Mina’s homeland for generations. Floods sweep away entire villages, while bloody wars are waged over the few remaining resources. Her people believe the Sea God, once their protector, now curses them with death and despair. In an attempt to appease him, each year a beautiful maiden is thrown into the sea to serve as the Sea God’s bride, in the hopes that one day the “true bride” will be chosen and end the suffering.

Many believe that Shim Cheong, the most beautiful girl in the village—and the beloved of Mina’s older brother Joon—may be the legendary true bride. But on the night Cheong is to be sacrificed, Joon follows Cheong out to sea, even knowing that to interfere is a death sentence. To save her brother, Mina throws herself into the water in Cheong’s stead.

Swept away to the Spirit Realm, a magical city of lesser gods and mythical beasts, Mina seeks out the Sea God, only to find him caught in an enchanted sleep. With the help of a mysterious young man named Shin—as well as a motley crew of demons, gods and spirits—Mina sets out to wake the Sea God and bring an end to the killer storms once and for all.

But she doesn’t have much time: A human cannot live long in the land of the spirits. And there are those who would do anything to keep the Sea God from waking…

Heyaa ka-wormmies.

I’m currently reading Colleen Hoover’s novel “Reminders Of Him
Partway through Chapter 5 rn.
1695096615860.jpeg

Synopsis 📖

A troubled young mother yearns for a shot at redemption in this heartbreaking yet hopeful story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover. After serving five years in prison for a tragic mistake, Kenna Rowan returns to the town where it all went wrong, hoping to reunite with her four-year-old daughter.

View attachment 375277
Ito sa ngayon binabasa ko.

Synopsis:

Deadly storms have ravaged Mina’s homeland for generations. Floods sweep away entire villages, while bloody wars are waged over the few remaining resources. Her people believe the Sea God, once their protector, now curses them with death and despair. In an attempt to appease him, each year a beautiful maiden is thrown into the sea to serve as the Sea God’s bride, in the hopes that one day the “true bride” will be chosen and end the suffering.

Many believe that Shim Cheong, the most beautiful girl in the village—and the beloved of Mina’s older brother Joon—may be the legendary true bride. But on the night Cheong is to be sacrificed, Joon follows Cheong out to sea, even knowing that to interfere is a death sentence. To save her brother, Mina throws herself into the water in Cheong’s stead.

Swept away to the Spirit Realm, a magical city of lesser gods and mythical beasts, Mina seeks out the Sea God, only to find him caught in an enchanted sleep. With the help of a mysterious young man named Shin—as well as a motley crew of demons, gods and spirits—Mina sets out to wake the Sea God and bring an end to the killer storms once and for all.

But she doesn’t have much time: A human cannot live long in the land of the spirits. And there are those who would do anything to keep the Sea God from waking…
Ang ganda ng cover :hyper:

Mukhang exciting din storya :think: san mo na buy yung book :unsure:

Bat ang sisipag nyo magbasa :lol:
Heyaa ka-wormmies.

I’m currently reading Colleen Hoover’s novel “Reminders Of Him
Partway through Chapter 5 rn.

Synopsis 📖

A troubled young mother yearns for a shot at redemption in this heartbreaking yet hopeful story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover. After serving five years in prison for a tragic mistake, Kenna Rowan returns to the town where it all went wrong, hoping to reunite with her four-year-old daughter.

ansipag magbasa :hyper:

ako kaya kelan :lol:

PATTY.jpg

Pero currently ito yung pinipilit ko tapusin :rofl:

Sypnosis of the book:

The Book of the Dead is the morgue log, the ledger in which all cases are entered by hand. For Kay Scarpetta, however, it is about to acquire a new meaning.

Starting over with unique private forensic pathology practice in the history of Chrleston, South Carolina, seems like the ideal situation for Scarpetta and her colleagues, Pete Marina and her niece, Lucy. But then come the deaths..

A sixteen-year-old tennis star, fresh from a tournament win in Charleston, is found nude and mutilated near Piazza Navona in Rome. The body of an abused young boy is dumped in a desolate marsh. A woman is ritualistically murdered in her multimillion-dollar beach home. Meanwhile, in New England, problems with prominent patient at a Harvard-affiliated psychiatric hospital begin to hint at interconnections among the deaths that are as hard to imagine as they are horrible.

Scarpetta has dealt with many brutal and unusual crimes before, but never a string of them as baffling, or as terrifying. as the ones facing her now. Before she is through, that book of the dead will contain many names-and the pen may be poised to write her own.

Chilling yet exciting!

View attachment 375678

Pero currently ito yung pinipilit ko tapusin :rofl:

Sypnosis of the book:

The Book of the Dead is the morgue log, the ledger in which all cases are entered by hand. For Kay Scarpetta, however, it is about to acquire a new meaning.

Starting over with unique private forensic pathology practice in the history of Chrleston, South Carolina, seems like the ideal situation for Scarpetta and her colleagues, Pete Marina and her niece, Lucy. But then come the deaths..

A sixteen-year-old tennis star, fresh from a tournament win in Charleston, is found nude and mutilated near Piazza Navona in Rome. The body of an abused young boy is dumped in a desolate marsh. A woman is ritualistically murdered in her multimillion-dollar beach home. Meanwhile, in New England, problems with prominent patient at a Harvard-affiliated psychiatric hospital begin to hint at interconnections among the deaths that are as hard to imagine as they are horrible.

Scarpetta has dealt with many brutal and unusual crimes before, but never a string of them as baffling, or as terrifying. as the ones facing her now. Before she is through, that book of the dead will contain many names-and the pen may be poised to write her own.

Chilling yet exciting!
Grabe to, parang gusto ko rin mabasa yan. Add to list ko yan. Sana may mahanap ako sa bookstore pag papasyal haha.

san mo na buy yung book :unsure:
Actually sa Lazada lang haha, nakita ko lang sa mga suggested :-D

Bat ang sisipag nyo magbasa :lol:
Medyo umay lang sa social media tapos walang update yung sinusubaybayan ko na story sa fanfiction or AO3 hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Grabe to, parang gusto ko rin mabasa yan. Add to list ko yan. Sana may mahanap ako sa bookstore pag papasyal haha.

Actually sa Lazada lang haha, nakita ko lang sa mga suggested :-D

Medyo umay lang sa social media tapos walang update yung sinusubaybayan ko na story sa fanfiction or AO3 hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Check mo sa online baka meron :lol: or national :yes:

pero sa booksale ko sya nakita :giggle:

Eto pa yung ongoing

H.P. Lovecraft!!!! :what: :hyper:

love that author and his works :yes:

received_852634212629675.jpeg

Sharing these books na natapos ko nang basahin.

received_509115981420356.jpeg

All books are worth the read.

received_194881240266929.jpeg

Currently searching for a new book or e-book na pwedeng basahin. Kakatapos ko lang basahin from Wattpad yong 'No one will know' ni Beeyotch. Mga ganitong genre sana Mystery, Thriller.

May isa din akong nabasa 'Who are you, my husband' meron siya sa Readme. Storyline niya is billionaire talaga siya, galing sa well known family. Kaso galit siya sa tatay niya kasi namatay nanay niya kaya lumayas siya then naging mahirap siya. Hanggang sa andami na niyang naging problema kaya napilitan na siyang i-inherit lahat ng yaman niya. Hindi siya nag-show off agad agad, pailalim pa rin lahat ng pagtawag niya pag feeling niya kailangan i-threaten na iba-bankrupt yong tao or company.

Meron pang isa, na-hook ako sa story dahil sa facebook. Lol. (meron kasi sa facebook yong mga sponsored ads na story don ko siya nakita) haha. I forgot na the title pero it was a good read. Fixed marriage sila, drinug niya yong lalaki para may mangyari sa kanila. After nun, lumayas siya without knowing na buntis pala siya. Triplets naging anak niya, pero namatay yong isa. May mga plot twist siya tho.

Sana may ma-recommend kayong new book or e-book or Wattpad na pwedeng basahin. Haha.

Thanks in advance!

dati akong reader, haha ngayon hindi na, ewan ko ba. . . puro netflix na ako ngaun :lol: balak ko ng i-let go mga books ko matagal na..

Some of my books. . . may nadagdag during pandemic.

384516198_653865250219435_7806465715284430791_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom