Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

To Atheists: What if there is a real one God?

Para po sa inyong lahat na nagpost dito sa thread nato..
para sakin poh we must respect what the others opinion about God... believeers or not believers.... ako poh ay naniniwala ako sa dyos.... kasi alam ako na ang lahat nang nandito sa universe ay hindi instant na nabuo lamang... dahil alam ko na may gumawa. pro thats not the big deal anymore.... ang para sakin lang khit naniniwala ka o hinde na may dyos basta ngayong nabubuhay kapa ay gumawa ka ng mgagandang ugali or mabuti sa kapwa alam kong maliligtas ka.... kahit na wala kang pinaniwalaang dyos... bast ikaw naging mabuting tao... AGREE POH BA KAU????

para sakin poh we must respect what the others opinion about God... believeers or not believers.... ako poh ay naniniwala ako sa dyos.... kasi alam ako na ang lahat nang nandito sa universe ay hindi instant na nabuo lamang... dahil alam ko na may gumawa. pro thats not the big deal anymore.... ang para sakin lang khit naniniwala ka o hinde na may dyos basta ngayong nabubuhay kapa ay gumawa ka ng mgagandang ugali or mabuti sa kapwa alam kong maliligtas ka.... kahit na wala kang pinaniwalaang dyos... bast ikaw naging mabuting tao... AGREE POH BA KAU????

i agree, everybody must do good for good...

not to do good for the sake of something in return or a place in the "promise land"

Attached Files jse_12_2_costadebeauregard.pdf (96.1 KB, 1 views)
^that's it? and you are now connecting that "essay" to your duwende and emf?

Last edited:

AGREE!
Respect.

pero...in my opinion...

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' ... And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' - Matthew 22:37 - 39

sad to say that yung ibang christian either yung first or yung second lang sinusunod nila...(meron din namang both)

^that's it? and you are now connecting that "essay" to your duwende and emf?

yup. first we need to know if paranormal is valid. kasi ung duwende ay mag fafall sa paranormal.
second, pag aralan natin anu naman yung emf at duwende. ito naman sir basahin mo...

Attachments

• emf.pdf
    226.6 KB · Views: 2
atheists pla twg skn..hehe

lhat nmn ng sinsmba ng mga rlgion pareparehas lng ngkaiba lng sila ng tawag tksa way ng pgsamba..
by the way ang ssvhn ko sknya'pg nkta ko xa when i died.."y dont you make me believe?????

yup. first we need to know if paranormal is valid. kasi ung duwende ay mag fafall sa paranormal.
second, pag aralan natin anu naman yung emf at duwende. ito naman sir basahin mo...
EVEN if paranormal is valid you can't still say that your "duwende" is real just because of EMF.

^...i'd read the pdf files...and it strikes me that they simply jump to conclusions that when an unknown emf is detected...it will be probably something paranormal...
...there are so many things still unknown in this world that you cannot simply conclude that paranormal exist just because of the sudden surge of emf in a certain area...

...just my observation anyway...heheh

^...i'd read the pdf files...and it strikes me that they simply jump to conclusions that when an unknown emf is detected...it will be probably something paranormal...
YUP. probably pdn po, probably na meron, probably na wala.
pdf files po? ung una has nothing to do with emf e, it is like an introduction about paranormal and why physicists should accept it

...there are so many things still unknown in this world that you cannot simply conclude that paranormal exist just because of the sudden surge of emf in a certain area...

oo there are so many things tlga na unknown at naghihinay lang madiskubre. sbi nga sa:

...because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time." - Luke 1:20

anyway, me sagot jan ung psychology... (more journals to come)

I'm also an Atheist..Well...alam ko naman kung san papupuntahan ko ehh...lols...

oo there are so many things tlga na unknown at naghihintay lang madiskubre. sbi nga sa:

...yup...and there's no need to jump into conclusions when not enough proof has been discovered first..

...unknowns will remain unknowns and theres no need to speculate firsthand what they are unless concrete evidences can support it...:hat:

..just my thoughts...hehehe

...yup...and there's no need to jump into conclusions when not enough proof has been discovered first..

...unknowns will remain unknowns and theres no need to speculate firsthand what they are unless concrete evidences can support it...:hat:

..just my thoughts...hehehe

so that is why...at the end of the day it is still that FAITH that counts.

for believers (like me), a faith that there is GOD.
for atheists, a faith that there is no GOD.

conclusion: we cannot conclude that there is or there is no GOD unless the reason is by FAITH.

its not faith. for some its just "i'm taking no stand while waiting for hard evidence"

for others, no we have proof because of arguments like these
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argume...of_God#Arguments_against_the_existence_of_God

and

Myth:
You cannot prove that God doesn't exist; therefore, atheism is based on faith.

Response:
Often theists will try to place atheism and theism on the same plane by arguing that while theists cannot prove that god exists, atheists also cannot prove that god does not exist. This is used as a basis for arguing that there is no objective means for determining which is preferable because neither has a logical or empirical advantage over the other. Thus, the only reason for going with one or the other is faith and then, presumably, the theist will argue that their faith is somehow better than the atheist's faith.

This claim relies upon the erroneous assumption that all propositions are created equal and, because some cannot be conclusively proven, then therefore none can be conclusively disproven. So, it is argued, the proposition "God exists" cannot be disproven.

But not all propositions are created equal. It is true that some cannot be disproven - for example, the claim "a black swan exists" cannot be disproven. To do so would require examining every spot in the universe to make sure that such a swan did not exist, and that simply isn't possible.

Other propositions, however, can be disproven - and conclusively. There are two ways to do this. The first is to see if the proposition leads to a logical contradiction; if so, then the proposition must be false. Examples of this would be "a married bachelor exists" or "a square circle exists." Both of these propositions entail logical contradictions - pointing this out is the same as disproving them.

If someone claims the existence of a god, the existence of which entails logical contradictions, then that god can be disproven the same way. Many atheological arguments do exactly that - for example they argue that an omnipotent and omniscient god cannot exist because those qualities lead to logical contradictions.

The second way to disprove a proposition is a bit more complicated. Consider the following two propositions:

1. Our solar system has a tenth planet.
2. Our solar system has a tenth planet with a mass of X and an orbit of Y.

Both propositions can be proven, but there is a difference when it comes to disproving them. The first could be disproven if someone were to examine all of the space between the sun and the outer limits of our solar system and found no new planets - but such a process is beyond our technology. So, for all practical purposes, it is not disprovable.

The second proposition, however, is disprovable with current technology. Knowing the specific information of mass and orbit, we can devise tests to determine if such an object exists - in other words, the claim is testable. If the tests repeatedly fail, then we can reasonably conclude that the object does not exist. For all intents and purposes, the proposition it disproven. This would not mean that no tenth planet exists. Instead, it means that this particular tenth planet, with this mass and this orbit, does not exist.

Similarly, when a god is defined adequately, it may be possible to construct empirical or logical tests to see if it exists. We can look, for example, at the expected effects which such a god might have on nature or humanity. If we fail to find those effects, then a god with that set of characteristics does not exist. Some other god with some other set of characteristics may exist, but this one has been disproven.

One example of this would be the Argument from Evil, an atheological argument which proposes to prove that an omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent god cannot exist alongside a world like ours which has so much evil in it. If successful, such an argument would not disprove the existence of some other god; it would instead merely disprove the existence of any gods with a particular set of characteristics.

Obviously disproving a god requires an adequate description of what it is and what characteristics it has in order to determine either if there is a logical contradiction or if any testable implications hold true. Without a substantive explanation of just what this god is, how can there be a substantive claim that this god is? In order to reasonably claim that this god matters, the believer must have substantive information regarding its nature and characteristics; otherwise, there is no reason for anyone to care.

Claiming that atheists "cannot prove that God does not exist" often relies upon the misunderstanding that atheists claim "God does not exist" and should prove this. In reality, atheists merely fail to accept the theists' claim "God exists" and, hence, the initial burden of proof lies with the believer. If the believer is unable to provide good reason to accept the existence of their god, it is unreasonable to expect the atheist to construct a disproof of it - or even care much about the claim in the first place.
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismmyths/a/faith.htm

Last edited:
We are not ruling out the existence of a God, we simply do not believe God exists because we have no reason to.
The idea that an omnipotent creative being exists is technically possible, but because we have absolutely no reason to believe, nor evidence to demonstrate that this is the case, we do not subscribe to said belief.
Believing something without reason is the definition of faith.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DebateAnAtheist/comments/nw49m/atheism_requires_just_as_much_blind_faith_as/

9: Being an Atheist requires faith.

Oh, pshaw. Ever heard of doublespeak? How can a lack of faith require faith?

It's not that I have faith that there isn't a God, I simply lack faith in a God. Understanding this distinction will help you understand what I believe.
http://biblicalindecency.home.comcast.net/~biblicalindecency/bad_arguments.htm

1. You can’t prove atheism. You can never prove a negative, so atheism requires as much faith as religion.

Atheists are frequently accosted with this accusation, suggesting that in order for non-belief to be reasonable, it must be founded on deductively certain grounds. Many atheists within the deductive atheology tradition have presented just those sorts of arguments, but those arguments are often ignored. But more importantly, the critic has invoked a standard of justification that almost none of our beliefs meet. If we demand that beliefs are not justified unless we have deductive proof, then all of us will have to throw out the vast majority of things we currently believe—oxygen exists, the Earth orbits the Sun, viruses cause disease, the 2008 summer Olympics were in China, and so on. The believer has invoked one set of abnormally stringent standards for the atheist while helping himself to countless beliefs of his own that cannot satisfy those standards. Deductive certainty is not required to draw a reasonable conclusion that a claim is true.

As for requiring faith, is the objection that no matter what, all positions require faith? Would that imply that one is free to just adopt any view they like? Religiousness and non-belief are on the same footing? (they aren’t). If so, then the believer can hardly criticize the non-believer for not believing. Is the objection that one should never believe anything on the basis of faith? Faith is a bad thing? That would be a surprising position for the believer to take, and, ironically, the atheist is in complete agreement.
http://tricityfreethinkers.org/abou...riticisms-of-atheismand-why-they’re-mistaken/

so that is why...at the end of the day it is still that FAITH that counts.

for believers (like me), a faith that there is GOD.

conclusion: we cannot conclude that there is or there is no GOD unless the reason is by FAITH.

Me ganun.. akala ko ang faith e para sa mga existing lang?

Di ko na sinama yung agnostics...
It is either orthodox or realist only...
[see Griffiths, Introduction to Quantum Mechanics 2ed.,2005 pp. 3-4, 420-421]

FAITH - belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof
[Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.]

logical proof is not the same as reason.

Last edited:
^that is what we call blind faith

guni guni mo lang yan blind faith...

believers are not blind...

they see the beauty of creation

and they say...what a beautiful evolution...

no...

what they say is

oh what a beautiful creation...

ascribing it to their creator

^1+1=god din ba yan? . . .

guni guni mo lang yan blind faith...

believers are not blind...

they see the beauty of creation

and they say...what a beautiful evolution...

no...

what they say is

oh what a beautiful creation...

ascribing it to their creator
and i say amen

Back
Top Bottom