Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendation

super thankful ako sa thread na to..as in book overload.....andami ko nanamang mababasa cant wait to read them all...
na hook nga ako kaka basa sa thread na eto kaya mag mamarathon talaga ako ng mga recom books...
eto naman ang ilan sa mga faves q:
>katherine nevile
>jackie collins
>laurell k hamilton
>dean koonts
...sana madami pa kayong ma recommend na mga urban fantasy/paranormal books..
_thanks talaga!!_:clap::clap::praise::praise:

hi there mga bookworms ;) parecommend naman ng fiction books na about sa spilt personality. matatapus ko na kasi yung tell me your dreams e. thankyou po:pray:

Hi,HELP PLEASE..... my daughter wanted to read "548 heartbet", anybody who read this book already? Any comments on its content?

Hi People good day/! :D

Im a Guy and currently into reading books.
I've read books like the alchemist , five people you meet in heaven, the fault in our stars, and currently reading the broken empire series by mark lawrence.

So far konti palang ang books na nababasa ko.
Wala parin ako in a point where i can really admire/like/continue/reading books.

Can someone recommend a good book na magugustuhan ko or ung best book na mababasa ng tao na magugustuhan mag basa ng book?

also the thread consist of mostly females contributors.
I want to read sana is from male perspective books. XD
or female pero maganda siya :D

Ang weird ko XD im into romance din! but male perspective sana haha :D
hope someone can help recommend a good book na maeenganyo ako to continue reading books. TIA! :D
dito ako nag post kasi mas gusto ko parin ung reply ng tao. kaysa sa post ng reviews reviews (i've read a lot of reviews)

Hi People good day/! :D

Im a Guy and currently into reading books.
I've read books like the alchemist , five people you meet in heaven, the fault in our stars, and currently reading the broken empire series by mark lawrence.

So far konti palang ang books na nababasa ko.
Wala parin ako in a point where i can really admire/like/continue/reading books.

Can someone recommend a good book na magugustuhan ko or ung best book na mababasa ng tao na magugustuhan mag basa ng book?

also the thread consist of mostly females contributors.
I want to read sana is from male perspective books. XD
or female pero maganda siya :D

Ang weird ko XD im into romance din! but male perspective sana haha :D
hope someone can help recommend a good book na maeenganyo ako to continue reading books. TIA! :D
dito ako nag post kasi mas gusto ko parin ung reply ng tao. kaysa sa post ng reviews reviews (i've read a lot of reviews)

I highly recommend The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's lovely to read and very entertaining. It's so rare to find a book that is both a work of art and an engaging story. I felt this was something profound, a book that I fill come back to again and again.

I also highly recommend Blood Song by Anthony Ryan. I can't let go this book till I finished reading it. The plot and twist make you wanting to read it more and more.

@smurf

well, good to know na may mga guys admitting na they like romance books :)

re: males perspective, does the current New Adult books which is presented in 2 pov (point of view) fits your requirement? or you mean, male author, male pov books?

do you want kilig books or kinda serious type romance books? you mentioned John Green kasi.

male romance writer - Charles Sheehan-Miles https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/415636.Charles_Sheehan_Miles

reco: Tangled by Emma Chase is written in male's POV (but of course the author is a woman).

regarding books na mapapawow ka and will push you to read more and more, since di mo pa nadidiscover kung anong genre ang favorite mo mahirap magrecommend. reading kasi is subjective. one person might throw a gazillion praises for one book while another person might not like it at all, case in point: Twilight.

side comment: Azhure recommends Rothfuss - The Name of the Wind, but for me it's just so-so (i'm just starting to read fantasy, and though this was highly recommended in Goodreads, I found the book too long and the ups and downs were jarring). Probably if I read it in another time, I might find it better than so-so, because there were instances naman sa book na natouch ako.

but smurf, in case na you want to start Fantasy books - one good series is Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, you can start with this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9533378-hounded?ac=1

(side comment 2: Azhure, I've been meaning to read Bloodsong but up to now has not started it. Everytime I see the number of pages nagbaback-out ako hahaha).

Last edited:

@smurf

well, good to know na may mga guys admitting na they like romance books :)

re: males perspective, does the current New Adult books which is presented in 2 pov (point of view) fits your requirement? or you mean, male author, male pov books?

do you want kilig books or kinda serious type romance books? you mentioned John Green kasi.

male romance writer - Charles Sheehan-Miles https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/415636.Charles_Sheehan_Miles

reco: Tangled by Emma Chase is written in male's POV (but of course the author is a woman).

regarding books na mapapawow ka and will push you to read more and more, since di mo pa nadidiscover kung anong genre ang favorite mo mahirap magrecommend. reading kasi is subjective. one person might throw a gazillion praises for one book while another person might not like it at all, case in point: Twilight.

side comment: Azhure recommends Rothfuss - The Name of the Wind, but for me it's just so-so (i'm just starting to read fantasy, and though this was highly recommended in Goodreads, I found the book too long and the ups and downs were jarring). Probably if I read it in another time, I might find it better than so-so, because there were instances naman sa book na natouch ako.

but smurf, in case na you want to start Fantasy books - one good series is Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, you can start with this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9533378-hounded?ac=1

(side comment 2: Azhure, I've been meaning to read Bloodsong but up to now has not started it. Everytime I see the number of pages nagbaback-out ako hahaha).

@maysapaw.
Thanks for the reply and recommendations :))

Yeah what i meant is a male POV type not a (Male male gay thing *no offenses to others) XD

I'll try tangled nagtaka lang ako puro fan girls nag cocomment sa goodreads though male perspective siya hehe.

Medyoo off din ako sa high number of pages napapabackout ako haha.
Medyo tinatamad na rin ako pag fantasy books all ive read are same old stories fantasy books.(Maybe i just havent read a good fantasy book though)

Maybe Kilig books nalang siguro para maka kuha pa kong techniques not into serious type books
I just read fault in our stars kasi medyo catchy ung title and nirecommend lang sakin un so i just give it a try. hehe

also if you can recommend good reads in life na ndi boring which where i can learn things and apply those in life. i can give it a try.

I just read books for past time just feeding my mind kaysa puro games etc. also expanding my vocabularies na rin haha.

Thanks again maysapaw! :D

naku smurf

mahirap maghanap ng male author na kilig type na romance books. they tend to write the serious type of romance. well...there's Nicholas Sparks pala...hmmmm....have you read The Notebook? or The Choice (<-- I recommend this)?

yung Kevin Hearne na books, super funny fantasy sya kaya baka magustuhan mo. and the book is not that long either, so win-win situation.

i'm currently hooked din with Larry Coreia's Monster Hunter series so you might want to give it a try as well.

nothing wrong with reading a few pages of these books dahil...well...libre naman sya di ba :p

hi there mga bookworms ;) parecommend naman ng fiction books na about sa spilt personality. matatapus ko na kasi yung tell me your dreams e. thankyou po:pray:

All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark

When Laurie Kenyon, a twenty-one-year-old student, is accused of murdering her English professor, she has no memory of the crime. Her fingerprints, however, are everywhere. When she asks her sister, attorney Sarah, to mount her defense, Sarah in turn brings in psychiatrist Justin Donnelly. Kidnapped at the age of four and victimized for two years, Laurie has developed astounding coping skills. Only when the unbearable memories of those lost years are released can the truth of the crime come out—and only then can the final sadistic plan of her abductor, whose obsession is stronger than ever, be revealed.

recent read:

The Martian by Andy Weir - 4.5 stars (actually bawas .5 stars dahil sa maliit na bagay lang (which you may not notice at all when reading). This is a sci-fi (well, c'mon, the title says it all :p), it's like Castaway meets Gravity, highly recommended :thumbsup:

Not books but movies - Primal Fear (Richard Gere - ehhhh...may caveat ako dito....anyways this was based on a book by William Diehl) and Identity (John Cusack) are pretty good movies on split/dissociative personality. These movies are really heavy on the suspense/thriller aspect, not like Sidney Sheldon's book.

Last edited:

Do you have a copy of monster hunter? Wanna try reasding it!

hi fellow bookworms!

can anyone give me some humorous YA titles wherein yung love angle is parang at first the boy really hates the girl (or vice versa) or they both hate each other.

and sino po may goodreads acct. pwede pa link
or message nung profile nyo so i can follow/add you? mine is -- /user/show/3685786-janet

Hello booklovers!

Medyo matagal me nawala.. kamusta kayo?
Di na yata masyado active ngayon ah.. ung bookclub sa GA wala na ba? I noticed just now na empty na un Dropbox folder natin..

Meron pa din yung group sa GR. Busy lang yata sila sa blog.
May facebook group din sila sa pagkakaalam ko, pm mo nalang kahit sino siguro sa admins to join.

Hi Nina, yep, if you're looking for the "old" members yep, they are busy with the blog nowadays. :P Nawawala na din ata yung mga password nila dito. Kasi nagkaroon ng time na laging "out of commission" 'tong site.

Maysapaw, walang bagong book si lisa kleypas? Ang tagal ng walang update dito, sana bumalik ulit:)

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

I wanna join your GR group too. I need more book recommendation.
Meron ba kayong marerecommend na book where in at first the guy bullies the girl Tapos maiinlove din Sya. Or the guy hates the girl.

BTW these are my fave books
Lunar chronicles - Parang Harry Potter lang ang peg ko sa paghihintay ng next book.
Lux series by Jennifer armentrout
Take this regret
Existence by Abbi glines
These broken stars
City of ember
The warded man
Steelheart
Julie James books
The host
Wounded
Forbidden
Sarah' solace
Vain
The 5th wave

Dami e. Lol. Nasa GR lahat. Di ko na nilagay yung mga kilala ng books na fave ko din like hunger games etc. I use moonreader pro sa s4 ko Tapos I downloaded Ivona Text-to-Speech app. Ang Saya, lahat ng ebook ko nagging audiobook. I use the Kendra voice and it's not robotic. Very natural ang dating.

Just finished undone by cat Clarke. Rated it 5 sa goodreads. Can relate Kasi. Hehe.

edit**
discovered angelfall by backreading. waah!! ang ganda!

Last edited:

Hi Nina, yep, if you're looking for the "old" members yep, they are busy with the blog nowadays. :P Nawawala na din ata yung mga password nila dito. Kasi nagkaroon ng time na laging "out of commission" 'tong site.

Kaya nga.. wala na din dropbox natin.. nawala din me kasi internet sa bahay at kinatamaran ko na mag open laptop, pangint pa GR app kaya nawala me sa sirkulasyon.

Hi Andi,

Favorite ko din yung Lunar Chronicles and just read Angelfall this year... Hahaha nasa TBR list ko na sya dati pa pero ngayon ko lang natripan na basahin.

By the way I can recommend Bully by Penelope Douglas and Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. (Guys that bully/don't like the girls at first but fell in love with them in the end). Di ko na matandaan yung iba pang books like it. Hehe

Back
Top Bottom