Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (POVs Updated)

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

------------------x

I know who I am.
I am a Goddess!
Every woman envies me.
They dream to be me.

Shiny black curly hair
Long thick curled lashes
Perfect line of brows
Deep brown eyes
Pointed nose
Natural pink blushed cheeks
Pearly white teeth
Two deep dimples
And sexy lips covered with red lipstick.

--------------------x

Chapter 1

"How do you want us to call you?"

"Uhm, Rose, just call me Rose."

"Ok Rose, can you tell us something about yourself?"

"My name is Rosemarie Mendoza Suarez, Rose for short. 24 years old, still single but happy. I was born and grew up in Manila but currently living in Makati with my only sister. I lost my parents when I was just 14 and my sister was the one who took care of me since then. I graduated from University of Sto. Tomas as a varsity scholar with a degree of Business Office Administration. Yes, I am into sports, volleyball to be exact. Since we dont have sufficient income to support my studies in UST because as we all know UST is one of the expensive universities in the Philippines, I tried out for volleyball team and luckily accepted and given a full scholarship. Aside from sports, I am also into singing and dancing, drawing and writing. Though I am also part of the Theater Club, unlike volleyball these theatric skills are just my hobbies and frustrations. Well, I tried once, I was once a band vocalist for a couple of months then afterwards the band was given an opportunity for a Korea contract which was too hard for me to decide. And since I dont want to leave my sister alone and I need to continue my studies, I quit from the band and stayed here in the Ph."

"So you go clubbing?"

"No sir, I am not into clubbing anymore after I left the band. I just satisfied my hunger in singing for a live audience. And I am already happy with that experience."

"And you dont have any plans to continue that "frustration"?"

"As what as you've said sir, its just a frustration. Well, a hobby. After months of singing, I am already fulfilled. I dont have any plans to make it as a career. Its part of my history now and never will be in my future plans."

"You said, you're also a writer?"

"Yes and no. Yes because I do write and everyone who writes is a writer but also no because I dont consider myself as a writer. I do write but all my stories were written in tagalog but it's still literature thou. So to cut the story short, as an amatuer, I really dont consider myself a writer."

"Ok then, how about your job experiences?"

"For 4 years, I worked with one of the largest real estate company here in the country. I worked there as a secretary where my job description was basically office management, clerical and administrative duties."

"And why leaving the company?"

"It's not that I don't love my job. I do love my job, my bosses, my colleagues, but its time for me to take one step forward and setting aside my personal attachment with my job and putting priority on my professional advancement. I am not getting any younger and I dont feel advancing with my previous job. I know I can do more, I can do better. I want to challenge myself. I want to learn more, to know more. I want to be more."

"And you think that what MORE can be found here in SGC?"

"Honestly sir, I dont think so, I know so."

I can see how impressed my interviewers are on how I answered their question. With my confidence and my attitude, I know, change that-- I AM SURE I got this job and Ate will be very proud of me.

"Ok Ms. Rose, that will be all for today. You can go back to the waiting area outside and please wait for the result. We still have numbers of applicants outside and let's just hope that you're one of the four Executive Assistant that we are looking for. Thank you."

What? That's it? Do I really have to wait? Can you just tell me if I am hired or not? If only I can shout it out loud. So I just gave them my best smile and say "Thank you sirs."

"Betty, please assist Ms. Rose outside and do call the next applicant."

While heading to the waiting area I can still feel the adrenaline in me. Being with this kind of interview, a panel interview, where four good looking man held the interview, I am challenged. I really love the feeling of being challenge and to the point that I don't want to end the interview. I never felt nervous. It's a piece of cake.

Betty, the receptionist and I proceed to the waiting area where eight other applicants were patiently waiting for their turn and for the result. No vacant chair to sit in so I'm still standing beside Betty while waiting for the next vacant sit.

"Miss Patricia Flores please." Betty called out.

Everyone seems busy and no one stood up.

"Miss Patricia Flores." Betty called out again but this time with a louder voice.

All who heard the call out checked on each other with a question of who is Patricia Flores. "Maybe she already left." I whispered to Betty.

"Is there any Patria Flores here?" Betty asked out loud.

Still no one stood up. She almost went back to the conference room when someone shouted-

"Ay puke!"

Woah, behaviour. Every one looked at her.

"Sorry nahulog kasi yung vag ko." she said with a grin.

"Excuse me miss, are you Patricia Flores?" Betty asked once more.

"Huh? Sorry pakiulit hindi ko narinig?" after saying, she took off the head set on her ears.

Everyone laughed including me.

"Ikaw ba si Patricia Flores? Tagalog na yan naintindihan mo na sana?" Inis na tanong ni Betty.

"Yes it's me, Is it my turn?" Again with a grin.

Everyone sighed duh! She's just not only look stupid, she's also acts stupid.

"Yes it's your turn. Please follow me."

I studied the way she carries herself. I looked at her from head to toe.

Long straight hair which was rebonded.
Shoulder length gold-coated earings that are fake,
Exagerrated make up looked so cheap,
One inch below the ass dress, super dooper cheap!
But in fairness, nice pair of legs with a 3-inch killer stilettos from ukay-ukay!

That's too much! As I walked closely to her as I am about to take her vacated sit I wouldn't missed that, that smell, what's that smell? Victoria Secret? So sweet. As we're going to pass to each other I saw her gave me a creepy smile and seeing part of her teeth covered with pink lipstick. So groose!

I cant help but to say, "Excuse me miss."

"Yes." I saw those teeth again.

"Uhm, you left your bag." and gave her a pretending smile.

"OMG, sorry I porgot." She runs toward her vacated sit and took her bag. "Thank you."

"That's ok social climber." I whispered the last two words.

"Huh?"she asked.

"I said good luck." Which she believed

"Oh that's sweet. Thank you." With that disturbing smile again.

Did I heard it correctly? Porgot? Does she knows the difference between F and P? and Louis Vuitton huh? Greenhills? I whispired as I take of my sit.

"Oo mukha ngang Greenhills. Hihi." The girl beside me agreed.

"Huh, excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked sarcastically nicely.

"Oo, sabi mo kasi Greenhills yung bag nun babae." She told me with a big grin.

"So you heard it? Uhm, no offense meant, it's just a plain comment." I lied, of course I mean it.

"I know. By the way I'm Olivia but you can call me Via." She offered her hand as she introduced her self.

"Hi, I'm Rose." I answered briefly while ignoring her hand.

"Ah, nice meeting you." as she awkwardly brought her hand down.

"Same here. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to shake your hand, you see my hands are full." Showing her both of my hands, one with my bag and one with my envelope.

"I understand." she smiled.

After a short second I can see her from the corner of my eyes. What's wrong with this girl, can't she quit staring at me? I don't want to start the conversation between us, but how come she never stopped staring? Is there anything wrong with me? The heck! "Excuse me, is there anything wrong with my face?" I asked with a bit loud voice and everyone looked at us.

"Huh? Wala naman. Sorry." She shyly answered.

"So what are you looking at? You're making me so conscious, so if you wont mind?" I demand.

What is wrong with this girl? Why is she smiling like that? Is she crazy or something? She's pretty, educated, simple and elegant however she looks like crazy. Oh whatever, ignore her Rose. Igno- I am just convincing myself to ignore her when she start asking me. What now? I scream at the back of my mind.

"CSR ka ba?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"CSR, Customer Service Representative. I think kasi call center agent ka. Ang galing mo kasi mag-english and may accent ka pa. So I guess galing kang call center. Right? Or if not, why don't you just apply as a call center agent. If hindi tayo sinuwrete dito, gusto mo sabay tayo mag-apply sa Sykes or Teleperformance or sa ibang Call Center?"

What the-? This girl is really insane. "I'm sorry miss-"

"Via. My name is Via." She interrupted.

"Via first of all I know what CSR means and just to answer your question, I am not from a call center and I don't have any plans of applying as a call center agent. Ok?"

"Ganun? Bakit parang galit ka? Sorry." she asked.

Does she gave me that sad face? So sensitive and weak. I took a deep breath and said, "No I am not." I lied again. "Its ok. You're not the first time to ask."

"Uy buti naman." a smile back on her face. "Amazed lang ako on how you speak. Siguro mayaman ka or honor student ka back in college. Sana kapag natanggap tayo dito, we can be friends. Yun eh kung ok lang sayo?"

Why is her eyes twinkling like that? So weird. And those braces with pink rubber band or what so ever they call it on her teeth is so creepy. Even I would like to refuse her offer, I cant. So instead of honestly answering her and hurting her feelings "again" I just took one more deep breath and gave her my sweetest smile and let her believe that be friend with her was actually a great idea. Who knows, she might be useful once we both get hired.

"Hey Rose, Patricia is here." she whispered.

"What? Patricia who?" I am really annoyed by this girl.

"Patricia, the one with the LV bag."

As she spoke I saw this cheap lady sitting in front of us. And by this time I was really not in my comfort zone. Sitting beside the ANNOYING Olivia and seeing the social climber Patricia. Is this bad luck?

"Look at her Rose." Via.

What now?! I really want to scream. "What now Via?"

"Uhm nothing, I just want you to look at her. That's all." she answered.

"I already did Via. She's now sitting in front of us chewing gum? What? Is she chewing that gum all this time? How cheap was that?"

"Haha. Rose, I am not referring to her. Look at the one who's sitting beside her."

"The nerdy-loser one?" I answered.

"No the cute one beside her.

"And what's with her?"

"Nothing much. But like you she's also smart. She's Margaret, graduate from PUP Sta. Mesa, cum laude."

She's not really that interesting. As I look at her, there's nothing so special about her. Maybe she's a flat 5inch, whiter complexion compare to me. And yes she's cute with that short stylish hair with a simple make up, compare with the girl sitting beside her that looks like she's applying for a GRO position. It's hard to tell if she's really smart or not if not told by this chismosa girl beside me.

"Hey Rose, are you still listening?"

"How come you know a lot about her?"

"I was sitting beside her kanina, nag-kwentuhan kaya ko nalaman."

"So you're really into someone else' life?"

"Aray! Ay ang sakit naman nun." she sound offended.

"Oh I am sorry, no offense meant." My third lie.

"No its ok. Hindi naman ako chismosa, madaldal lang talaga ako. Kesa naman mapanisan tayo ng laway dito diba?" She smiled at me so I smiled back.

All was already interviewed after the turn of the loser beside Patricia. Everyone looks nervous for the result except, ofcourse me. Haha. I maybe lied a little because I am somehow nervous now. I need to be hired...I need to be hired! And after an hour of waiting, finally here is Betty for the result. All attention to her waiting for the announcement, it feels like a beau-con.

"As I call on your name, please stand up and gather here in front. First is, Patricia Flores."

"Yes!" Patricia jumped and shouted.

"What?" me and Via exclaimed.

"Miss Flores, in front please."

"Ah, yes ma'am." she walked with teary eyes as if she won a crown.

"Finger crossed Rose." she hold my hand and I felt the moist from it. I took it off from her and gave her a confident smile.

"Next is Margaret Cortez. Followed by Olivia Fernandez." as Betty continues to announce.

"Yes!" Via shouted.

"Last but not the least, Rosemarie Suarez."

With no doubt, I am one of the hired ones. I looked at those who remained sitting, "better luck next time losers."

"I knew it Rose." Via said. "We will be BFF now."

Oh God, I sighed.

"For those who weren't called, thank you for coming, and for the four of you, please follow me."

This is it Rosemarie, after 10 years, things are falling to its right place.

continuation...

Last edited:
Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick

Chapter 32

An echoing slap woke up Adrian. ?Oh I love how it sound. ?If I had let him slap my face and pull my hair, now is my turn.

Adrian now standing bare naked with both hands all stretched out and tied. ? Wounds and blood covering his body. ?He find it difficult to open his eyes because of the flashed light coming from the truck's head light.

"Hello lover boy." I greeted him as I pulled his hair hard.

"Why dont you just f*cking kill me!" he yell.

"Haha. ?And miss all the fun? ?I'm not doing that. ?I already planned your grand exit to this world."

"What do you need from me? Money? Just name your price and it's yours."

"You're really funny Adrian. Don't you know that ?I'm already a millionaire? Thanks to Peter's money, so ?I dont need yours." I answered.

"If not money, then what?"

"Fun, pleasure, justice, revenge are some of my many reasons."

"Fun?"

"Hell Yeah. ?And I'm having the best days of my life."?

"Pleasure?"

"Uh-huh, just like we had a while ago. Haha."

"Justice?"

"Yes Adrian. ?Have you forgotten 10 years ago? ?Well to refresh your memory, here's a flashback... you and your brothers raped a decent woman and made her your sex slave for a month. ?Luckily she escaped from your hide out and got the chance to file a case against all of you. ?Not knowing that we had done the biggest mistake. ?As we seek justice legally we haven't thought that justice comes with a price. ?We just came to realize that when lost not just the case but also our parents lives. ?You've all ruined my family! If the law can't give us the justice we deserve then I'll get it for us just using my bare hands. ?You and your brothers will pay for it! For every tear my family shed. ?Everyone of you will suffer more than we do. ?You all deserve every pain of my revenge."

"Revenge?"

"Yes, I'll take revenge for my family. You have taken my sister's purity, ?my innocence, my-"

"Haha. ?Purity? ?You make me laugh."

I was insulted by his laugh. ?I became very furious, I raised my hand to signal Ate. ?As she saw my hand, she drove the truck in reverse and pulled the rope that was tied unto Adrian's left arm while his other hand was tied on a tree.

I heard his horrible scream, it was music to my ear. ?I got satisfied so I signed Ate to stop.

"One more laugh and I will tear you in half." I threatened him.

"You can tore me into many pieces as you want but as long as I have breath and even on the other side, I wont stop laughing at you -Rose." he said.

I was surprised that he recognized me.

"Surprised that I know you? I really should not under estimate you Rose. ?You are really something, or should I say someone -someone as dirty as your beloved sister."

That was his second insult, again I raised my hand. ?Adrian's screaming all loud. ?I dont want to stop not until I heard words from his scream.

"Aaaaah, your sister is not a f*cking saint. ?Arrrgh. She's not what you think she is. Aaaaaaaah"

I signed Ate to stop.

"What, what are you saying?" I asked Adrian.

"Sh- she- she's my dad's -mistress. ?Yo- your sister was -my dad's mistress. Just like you Rose -my brothers and I just take revenge fo-for our mom. ?Yo-your sister hurted the only woman we loved. ?Yo-your sister was and wi-will always be a f*cking whore." he told me.

"No. ?You're just lying. You think you can fool me? No, you can't fool me."

"I- I knew it, you dont -know everything. ?Yo- you're having revenge for someone who told you -lies. ?Yes we did raped -her, but a whore deserves to be treated as a -trash. ?Just like what you told me that-that we deserve every pain of your revenge, it's the same- same revenge we had for your sister."

"Stop it!" I screamed. ?"Stop making stories Adrian, ?that wont change a thing. ?I wont spare you your life even how many lies you make."

"You- you dont want to believe me? That's fine. ?But just a piece of advice da- darling, next time wag puro puso ang pairalin, use your brain- you-you're smarter that she- she is."

I dont know how to react or what to answer or who to believe. ?I was confused, does Ate really lied to me, to us? ?I can't think of anything. ?I just find myself running.

"Haha. ?Run Rose, run." I heard Adrian shouted.

"Rose wait, where are you going?" I heard Ate calling me but I ignored her.

"Rosemarie stop." I still ignored her?but she was fast and caught me. "I said stop."

"Let me go." I told her.

"No."

"I said let me go." I yell.

"No, unless you told me of what is wrong? What just happened?"

"Wrong question Ate, what did he told me."

"Ok. ?What did he told you?" she asked.

"Things that you have told me 10 years ago." I answered.

"Huh? I had told you evrything Rose."

"No. ?You haven't told me everything. ?You haven't told me that you're a mistress." I told her.

"What?" she asked surprised.

"You're a mistress, sa tagalog kabit. ?Gusto mo spell ko pa?"

"Haha. ?That's nonsense Rosemarie. ?And ?you actally believe him? ?He's just lying." she told me.

"Does he? ?If he's just lying Ate then tell me the f*cking truth?"

"I already did."

"Is that so? Then answer me, is it really true ?that even you ?just graduated from college eh sinwerte ka agad sa trabaho, and that you even got a house for an incentive? ?And after that your own car?"

"That's all true."

"Even if you only worked as a secretary? F*cked. Hanggang ngayon magsisinungaling ka pa rin? My god Ate, I know I was too young then to believe and our parents was too naive to understand, but how dare you to have me live with those lies. ?I'm old enough to know all the truth. ALL THE TRUTH!"?

Ate remained silent but she's about to cry.

"10 years Ate. ?For 10 years, I believed you. ?I believed that you're the victim here. ?Na nadamay na ang pamilya natin sa ginawa nila. ?I dedicated almost half of my life planning for our family's revenge, but all these years I was wrong. ?It was really not OUR revenge, but for your own."

"Rose I'm so-"

"Don't be, it all happened and I'm all done."?

-----------

Red's note:

pasensya na kung may mga errors and typos. katatapos ko lang gawin to using my ipad.

matatagalan ang next upload, out of town ulit eh. mag-aabay ang baby ko sa cavite.

anyways, sana di kayo bumitiw. iiwanan ko muna kayo ng palaisipan. ano kayang susunod kay Rose?

alamin sa susunod na chapter, so wlang bibitaw :)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

di ko alam kung baket nagkakaron ng question marks. copy paste lang naman ako from my notes. I had tried to re-pasting it pero ganun pa rin. sorry kung galit sa question marks ang updates ko ha.
peace po tayo :)
salamat sa mga comments at nag-aabang.

papa breaker, sorry masyado kita kinawawa sa chapter 32.
still labyah! haha ;)

nice.. kaso bitin ulit :giggle: good luck sa pag abay ni baby mo miss red :) nakakahook naman tong sorry na to :whew: galing talaga :clap: tuloy pa kaya ang revenge :pacute:

wow galing...it's getting more intense! more more more!....ms. red wag mo tagalan ha..update po agad..thanks! :thumbsup:

grabe lalo umiinit ang story sana maupdate na agad....... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::salute::clap::clap::clap:

Chapter 33

I kept on staring on my vibrating phone. It was the 106th call from my liar sister. She really expects me to answer that? After each call were text messages that I don’t have any intention of reading nor answering. What for, for more lies? I was hurt, so much hurt.

Together with my pouring tears, I poured on my glass red wine from the 3rd bottle of wine tonight. I haven’t cried for 10 years. I haven’t showed emotions for the past years while planning our revenge to the Sentosa’s. But now, I never thought, I really never thought that the least person that will cause me heartache will cause me so much pain.

Good thing that Ate doesn’t know the address of my pad because if she knows and dares to go here, I don’t know of what I can do to her. I might kill her.

She used me. She lied to me. I was so stupid to fall into my sister’s own evil plans. I have nothing; I have no one but her. But how dare her for doing this to me and causing me all this pain. Napakasama nya and I hate her for doing this!

I don’t know what to do now? Should I go on with what I have started? I don’t know, I really can’t think of anything good. I’m already tired, so tired.

Ring ring…

I was woke up by my company phone’s ring. All the while, I had cried myself to sleep.

I reached my bag and took the phone out. It was Marg who’s calling. I looked up at my wall clock and saw that it was already passed 8. Fudge, I’m already late. The heck, as if I still do have plans to work for that corporation.
The call ended. It was already Marg’s 10th missed call. What’s so very urgent Marg?

Ring ring…

Marg again.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hello Rose, where are you?” she asked.

“My pad. I don’t feel well Marg. I’ll call Clifford later when I feel okay na.”

“Ganun ba Rose? Sorry for calling pero sobrang importante kasi ‘to.”

“What’s so urgent about it? Can’t it wait?” I asked her.

“No Rose, Via’s been arrested.”

“What? Did I hear it right? Via’s been arrested?”

“Yes Rose. It just happened now.”

“Who did it?”

“Inspector Sales with some police. Rose, do you know what’s happening? Is it something to do with the media leakage? What do you think?” she continued to ask.

“Marg don’t be so paranoid. Relax.”

“Rose, do you have something to do with this? Ikaw ba nagsabi sa boss mo na si Via ang nagsumbong sa media?”

“Marg, do you hear what you’re saying? Why should I do that for someone I considered a friend.”

“Sorry Rose, I just don’t understand what is happening.”

“Well Marg, we don’t have to understand everything that doesn’t involve us.”

“Yeah, you’re right. But she’s our friend, I’m just worried.”

“I know. I am too. Wait, where did they bring Via?”

“Makati Precinct 8.”

“Ok, don’t worry that much. I’ll go to the precinct to check on her.”

“But you’re sick?”

“I’m fine, for Via I need to be fine.”

“Rose, you’re really a friend. Call me after ok? Thank you.”

“Ok sure. Bye.” I ended the call.

So my plans did work for Via. Should I consider it a sign of pushing thru with my plans? I asked myself.

Last night I have asked my dearest Ate to text Dave using Peter’s number. Telling him that a package was sent to him with all the evidences he’ll need to solve Peter’s missing. That text was also Dave’s reason why leaving Adrian at the bar.

I need to be sure if I was right; I need to go to the precinct and know for myself. As I tried to stand up hang-over struck me telling me that I still can’t go and that I need to rest. But before taking some sleep, I texted Clifford to inform my leave of absence.

Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (Slow update :( )

Chapter 34

“So it was you?” a bitter greeting from Via when she saw that it was me who visit her.

“Hi Via, how are you?” I asked her.

“Why are you here Rose? To check if I was still alive? To check if your plans worked on me?”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Rose, don’t play innocent here. I know what you’re up to, your evil plans and your dirty secrets. I know that you’re the one who send my things to Dave.” she told me.

“Oh really Via.” I grinned. “And who’s going to believe you BFF? If I were you zipped your mouth or rotten on jail”

“Threatening me? You don’t know what I am capable of.” she told me.

“Oh I know everything Via. And according to all of my information, you’re a freaking liar, stalker and murderer. I haven’t exposed everything Via. I still have plenty of evidences that will put you on jail for the rest of your life. It’s not just about stalking and abducting Peter, but also killing his former secretary and Mr. Chieng. Isang kumpas lang ng kamay ko, you’ll be living in hell. So don’t try to be tough anymore BFF, you already screwed. All you have is me.”

“You? The hell with all your information and evidences. I have all the money I need to turn justice in favor of me. So why will I need you.”

Hearing what she said made me so fury. Just like the Sentosa’s, it’s all about money. Money really can buy everything. Even how solid your evidences were, everything will turn around in favor of who’s wealthy.

“Really? Let’s see about that.” I told Via.

“Listen as I tell you this Rose, hindi matatapos ang araw na ‘to
na hindi ako makakalabas. And once I got out from here, ready yourself. It will be my turn.”

“You’re so amateur Via. If you want to do something, do it, don’t just say it. And one more thing my dear friend, just in case you forgot, hindi ako ang kalaban mo dito but the Sentosa’s. And knowing Clifford Sentosa, don’t think that he’ll let you bailout just like that. If you’ll play with money, I’m telling you, he knows how to play your game so well.”

“How dare you?” she stood up and slapped me.

“Is that all you can do huh Via? A slap that doesn’t even hurt. You’re really a freaking trying hard amateur. Haha” I laughed at her.

“Makakalabas ako dito and you’ll see kung nakanino ang huling halakhak. I will tell them everything.”

“Whatever Via, say what you want to say. Who do you think they’ll believe in, your words or my evidences?”

“What have I done para gawin mo to sakin?” she asked.

“Ikaw wala. But the Sentosa’s, marame silang dapat pagbayaran sa ‘kin.”

“And how does it involve me?”

“Because you have loved Peter, and sooner or later, I know magiging hadlang ka sa plans ko, inunahan lang kita.”

“But I considered you a friend.”

“I don’t have stupid friends.”

“You b*tch!” she once again slapped me.

“Hey what’s happening here? Guard!” I heard a familiar voice calling the guards.

I felt Dave’s arm around my shoulder. Now is the time for a little drama.

“Via, I’m sorry. I just wanted to help you.” I told Via.

“Why Rose what happen?” Dave asked. “Why did she slap you?”

“Help? Wow huh? What’s with the drama Rose?”

“Drama? I just told you to admit that you’re also the one who leakage all the information about Jeffrey and Peter’s case to the media. I don’t know why you slap me.”

“Is that true Via?” Dave asked.

“Via, tell Inspector Sales the truth. He might be able to help you to alleviate your case.” I told Via.

“Yes Via. I might be able to help you, though I don’t promise anything but I can try to convince Clifford to let you bailout. Though all the evidences showed that you have something to do with the case but still you haven’t proven guilty. I know there’s a reason behind everything, let me help you.” said Dave.

“Yes Via, let us help you.” I seconded.

“F*ck you!” she replied and walked out returning to her cell.

“What was that?” Dave asked.

“I don’t know. She’s maybe confused or something. I’m so worried about her Inspector. What can we do to help her? Tell me.” I cried as I asked Dave.

“Sshh Rose. Stop crying, it won’t help you now.” Dave holds my face and wiped up the fake tears that falling out from my eyes.

“If she’s really innocent, justice will prevail.” He continued saying as I he wrapped his arms around me. I can’t hide the feeling of happiness. Happiness that everything happens according to my plans and much happiness that Dave brought me.

I felt safe with him. For the first time, I sincerely felt being cared and being -loved?

-----------------------

Red's Note:

Sorry for slow update po :pray:
pasensya na po talaga....alam ko bitin pa rin.

intay-intay lang po please...3 down, 1 more to go. mageend na rin ito.

pero sa tingin nyo po ba itutuloy pa ni Rose ang plans nya? Let me know what you think po

lovelove

wew. Ayan na. Di na mapakali ang bituka ng readers kung anu na susunod na mangyayare.

Oh my! This is so good Miss Red. :thumbsup:
Bihira lang ako magbasa ng mga ganitong type of stories pero nagustuhan ko talaga to.
Hindi tinigilan up to this page. :lol:

Can't wait for updates. Please? :pray: :D

tengks po TS sa update :praise:

naku si ateng sisteret amalayer...
sa tingin ko baka hindi na ituloy ni rose ang kanyang sweet revenge :giggle:
malamang ibuhos niya lahat kay VIA the BFF (Best Foe Forever) :p

:weep: 3 down na lang pala :weep: :weep:

:wub: :more:

nice!...it's a good hope for christmas...ok lang busy naman ang mga readers..and we all know busy din si ms. red kaya be patient gusy :)

juana reditakoh kelan ang next update :waiting:

:lol: merry christmas :kiss:

Chapter 35

"Your decaf Rose." Dave hand me a hot coffee.

"Thank you." my short reply.

"I heard you're sick. What brought you here?"

"Via. I was so worried that I have to rushed myself here to check on her." my honestly lied answer.

"You're really a friend Rose. But for your own sake, you should go home and take some rest. You can always do the visit once you're ok." Dave hold my hand and my heart melted just that instant.

"I'm fine Dave. Via needed me now." I managed to show him my smile.

"As you say so." he smiled back.

"So Dave, would you mind me asking?"

"What?"

"Uhm, what happen to Via. Why is she arrested?" I already knew the answer but have to hear it from him, just to be sure.

"That was confidential Rose, I must say."

"Is that so?" I was really disappointed.

"But- alright, I'll tell it to you. Since you'd been involved with Pete's case. So please smile, you're more prettier when you're smiling." he pressed my hand and grinned.

"Really." It excites me and at the same time blushed me for a moment.

"There. You're really pretty." he stares at me and cupped my face with his both hands. Is he going the kiss me? I asked myself. Though I loved the thought of kissing the only man I love, I need to focus for what I intent to do.

"Uhm, Inspector?" I took his hand off of my face.

"Ah, sorry." he apologized. "Where were we?" he asked.

"You're about to tell me why Via now's in jail?" I reminded him even though what I want to tell him is that "you're about to kiss me."

"Ah, yeah. Well, last night at the bar, I received a text from Pete's number. It was really a surprised. We tried to call Pete several times after his missing and couldn't reach him. We all thought that he was kidnapped and dead by now unless it was kidnapped-for-ransom. The message clearly says that a package was sent to my house with evidences of Pete's missing. After that message, I hurriedly went home and found a package placed on my doorstep."

"And what's with the package? How does it involve Olivia?"

"To cut the story short Rose, what's inside the package were all evidences of Olivia's connection with Peter's case. I hesitated at first to believe, knowing Olivia, and her angelic face. I never thought she can do something like that. But as part of my job, where no emotions should be attached, I have to do what I am supposed to do. I called Clifford and Adrian, but Adrian did not answer so together with just Clifford, we went to the station to process the warrant of arrest. Clifford really want us to do the arrest as soon as possible." he explained.

"I can't believe that, how can she?" I begun to cry.

"Sssshhh. I know Rose, I know. She's your friend, and she is a friend of mine as well. In all honestly, I was there when she was arrested but I felt pity on her." Dave hugged me and rubbed my back to calm me.

Really Dave? Are you that weak? I told myself. No Dave is not weak, he just know how to care and love. I was hit by my own thought, I smiled and a real tear of emotion poured down on my cheek. I am happy, happy to have Dave.

"Dave?"

"Yes?" Dave released me from his arms and it brought me back to my reality. Dave doesn't love me, he just cared for me because I was his friend. No more, no less. I convinced myself.

"Is she, I mean Via, how long will she be in jail? Forever?" Forever Dave, that's what I want to hear from you.

"That for now I'm not sure."

"Is she allowed to bailout?"

"The law says she is allowed to, but Clifford wont let that happen. Via's lawyer tried to bail her out today but with Clifford's connection, that wont be possible for her." he answered and that was a relief for me.

"That's unfair." I told him.

"I have to agree on you with that, but that is something I don't have any power to-"

"No Dave, you don't have to feel bad for it. There are really things that we can never control even how hard we want to." I told him as I interrupt what he is about to say.

"Thank you Rose. I hope Via understand that too."

"I hope so."

"Rose?"

"Yes?"

"I want to tell you something, but I want you to promise me not to feel so bad over it."

"What was that?"

"I think it's impossible for Via to get out from jail."

My eyes got larger as I heard what Dave told. That's the best thing he said since our conversation started today, uhm well, aside from she told me that I'm pretty because it was all given. But being impossible for Via to get out from the jail, that was something I want to hear more.

"What exactly do you mean?"

"Aside from the evidences sent to me, Mr. Chieng's statement from the last time we talked and his last text for me before he found dead. He clearly says that it was really Via who he saw the night before Peter was kidnapped. Records from CCTV from the previous days also caught Via's face."

So really huh? That was too easy. Mr. Chieng fell from my disguise so as the CCTV's. I was so brilliant in all aspects.

"Are you sure of that? Uhm maybe Mr. Chieng was wrong and so as the CCTV. She must be someone that resembles Via."

"I know you're a friend. But what we have were concrete evidences and facts. We also think that Peter is still alive."

"How?"

"Via was in love with Peter, she may or may not killed him -yet. She maybe just keeping Peter, begging him to love her or killed him after his refusal." Dave now is certainly thinking.

"I hope he is -dead" the last word was kept unsaid.

"Let's just hope he is. If, only if Via could have told us the exact location of Peter, dead or alive, that only can answer our question."

"Did she already told you Peter's location?"

"No. Not even a single detail. She continue denying her involvement with Peter's case. If she continue doing that, she'll be rotten in jail for years and that's for sure. Clifford will do everything it takes to make sure of that."

Somehow that statement made me smile.

"What's with that smile Rose?" Dave noticed.

"Ah, nothing. I'm just glad you're here."

That answer satisfied him, his smile proves that.

Chapter 36

Ring... ring...

I picked up the phone to answer. "Rose, please come in." he instructed.

After a lot of thought last night if either I'll still work for Sentosa's or not, I have decided to continue what I have already started. Anyway, I'm on my way to my victory. I have brought three Sentosa down and that will be unfair to the them if I will let Clifford live.

I have entered Clifford's room and saw him busy with his paper works.

"Yes sir?" I asked.

"After these papers, I'll be out of the office. Please cancel all my appointments and meetings. And also, I want you to screen all my calls. For those urgent matters, take note every message and at the end of the day, I want you to email it to me. Okay?"

"Noted sir."

"Ok, you may leave now."

"Is that all sir?"

"Oh yeah, please tell Adrian, if he calls again, inform him that we'll be having a meeting this lunch with our lawyer and I want him to be there."

Adrian? I got confused. "Adrian sir?" I asked him just to be sure.

"Yes, Adrian. He called me twice this morning."

"He did?" I am really confused now.

"Yes he did. What's wrong with you Rose? Just go back to your desk and do what I have told you." he commanded.

My thoughts were soaring at this moment. What's happening? Adrian? Alive? Did he managed to escaped? No, No, it can't be happening. You're so stupid Ate. How could you? How can it be?

I'm at the peak of thinking and sorting of what went wrong when I remember something I did to continue my plan, my revenge. I had send Clifford a package were Adrian's clothes from last last night and with his nude bloody pictures. My next plan now is to drive Clifford insane and to rattle his thought that he is the next target. But what if Adrian really escaped? I haven't talk to my sister after the last fight. Should I call her to ask? No, I need to call the courier first before it's too late.

Ring... ring...

My local phone rang. The caller ID clearly shows that it was the lobby guard who's calling. Is it about the package? I hope not. It must be a visitor or something different. I tried to pray, but I forgot how to. I just hoped and crossed my finger.

"He-hello?"

"Hello Ma'am Rose?"

"Ah, yes."

"Ma'am may package po for sir Clifford. Accept na po ba namin or paakyatin pa po dyan yung delivery man?" the guard asked.

"Package? What kind of package? From whom?"

"Eh ma'am wala pong nakasulat kung saan galing eh."

"Uhm, please don't accept it, yet. I'll ask sir Clifford first. Uhm just to be sure."

"Ok ma-"

I didn't let the guard answer and just dropped the phone.

What to do, what to do? I can't believe that I am now on panic. I can't believe it's happening. After I have planned everything, just because of someone's mistake, it will end just like this. Yes I said someone's mistake, I don't consider it mine. I am not capable of mistaking nor failing. I am perfect, that fact wont ever change.

Should I call the courier and cancel the transaction as long as I still have time or just tell the guard that Clifford doesn't want to accept package from someone he doesn't know? The second idea will be much easier to do, so I picked up the phone and start dialing lobby's local.

"Hello lobby guard." from the other line. Tss, what kind of answer is that? I asked myself. I want to correct the guard but I remember that I need to do something more important than to argue with stupid guards.

"Hello guard is-" I wasn't able to continue what I am supposed to say when I saw someone's coming. No, it can't be? unbelieving of what I am seeing.

"Hello Ma'am? Hello?" the guard from the other line.

I hanged up the phone as I confirmed myself that I was really seeing that person carrying the package for Clifford. She smiled sweetly as she approached and greeted me.

"Hi Rose. Good morning." she told.

"Sa-sandy, ?"

"Yes Rose it's me. Why you look surprised? Don't tell me? Is someone inside with Clifford? Other woman?" she tried grabbing Clifford's door knob but I was too fast. I reached Clifford's door first.

"Wait Ma'am."

"Hey Rose. What are you doing? You're making me nervous. Let me in."

"Uhm, sorry Ma'am but I can't let you in."

"Rose, what the heck are you doing? Are you hiding something from me?"

"Ma'am Sandy please don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm hiding anything from you. It's all about that package." pointing at the box she is carrying.

"This one?" she showed me the box.

"Yes Ma'am."

"It's for Clifford, so I received it for him. Is there anything wrong with that?"

"Nothing's wrong. But I was instructed by sir to screen everything before giving it to him. I haven't told him yet about the package. I am about to asked him if either accept it or not. That's why I am shocked that you've received it from the courier." I explained.

"Is that all? You made me nervous Rose. I thought Clifford's doing, uhm nah, he wont do that to me." she smiled.

Tss. What's with that smile. It creeps me.

"Ma'am can you please hand the package to me. Let me check it first. I was instructed to do what I was told to do. Just doing my job. I hope you wont mind." I told her.

"Oh poor Rose. I know the pressure on your shoulder. After all the incidents of missing Sentosa's and you being involved with those cases. I know it was hard for you to get back Clifford's trust. But don't worry with this one Rose, if something happen today, I will take all the blame."

Sh*t. I need that package, if I need to use all my strength to get that package from you Sandy, I wont hesitate to do so. I told myself.

I was about to take the package out of her hand, but she's fast. She touched my forehead.

"Rose, I heard from Clifford yesterday that you were sick. You looked so pale and sweating too much. You must see the doctor now. I'll just tell Clifford that you went to the clinic."

"No. Give that package to me." I yell.

"Rose, what's going on?" Clifford asked. We didn't notice that he already opened the door.

"Hey honey, good morning!" she immediately went to Clifford's side to give him a hug and a kiss.

F*ck, I need that package.

"What is happening?" he asked again.

"Nothing much honey. Your secretary was just worried about not doing what you have instructed her." Sandy answered.

"What do you mean? I don't get it."

"Ah, a package was delivered to you today. As I arrived, the guard approached and informed me of the unclaimed package. Since it was addressed to you, I received it from him. Your secretary now was worried that you might be mad at her for not doing what you have told her to screen everything before it reached you."

"Oh well that's right."

"That's why I told her not to worry, I'll take all the blame if ever there's something wrong happen." she smiled at me.

"Ok whatever. Rose it's ok. Go back to your desk." after his last word, both Clifford and Sandy entered the office, closed the door and left me standing.

F*ck that guard! You'll be dead, I promise.

I sat back to my chair contemplating of what will happen next after Clifford opened the box. I just hope he put least priority of opening the package and put all his attention to his former secretary-slash-girlfriend. I want to think of something to get even with those lobby guards who's been pain in my ass for the last few days then get back to Sandy to get more even.

A brilliant idea flashing to my head. I'll be using every opportunity to make my enemy suffer.

I am busy scheming my next move when I heard a loud scream coming from Clifford's office. I knew it will happen. I rushed myself inside the room.

"Sir, what happen?" I asked. As I explore my eyes inside the room, I saw the opened package down the the floor. Confirmed, it was indeed the package I send to him.

"Rose, get out." said Clifford.

"But sir."

"I said get out!" this time he yell.

"Clifford calm down." said Sandy.

"You too, get out!"

"Honey."

"Please get out, before I can do something you will not like."

"Hon?"

"NOW! Both of you out NOW!" he yell again.

Sandy went out of the room first, crying. She deserves it. I told myself.

I left at the room staring at Clifford who's now picking up the pieces of pictures sent to him. He might not believing of what he is seeing as he told me a while ago that Adrian called him and he believed that Adrian was alive and okay.

I can see the shaking of his hand in his disbelief. But I am not sure of what was he thinking. And most of all, I am not sure of what to do next.

Chapter 37

FIRST THING COMES FIRST. I need to get rid of those stupid guards. I thought to myself.

It’s already 10:30 and Clifford will be leaving in about 30 minutes. Getting rid of those guards will be much easier than thinking whether Adrian is still alive.

I should act fast.

Inhale, exhale, am I really nervous now? There’s no place for this sentiment, if I don’t act now, there will be no tomorrow. But-- I have to think that now there’s no place for any mistake.

Knock, knock.

“Sir?”

“What now Rose?”

“Can I come in sir?”

“No I don’t have time.”

“Sir.” the door was already open by this time.

“What a-? Fine, just make sure it’s important Rose or I’ll fire you this instant.” he yell.

“I’m sorry sir, but don’t you think that you have to do something with the-- guards?” I bravely asked.

“What Rose? Guards are in the least of my priority.”

“I- I know sir. But if you’ll give me the permission, I’ll do the appropriate action.”

“You mean firing them?”

“If that's what this company needs to do. And besides sir, they’ve done-“

“I TOLD YOU ROSE, they’re in the least of my priority. I can deal with them in due time. But NOT NOW! So GET OUT.” he yells out loud.

“But sir-“

“No buts-“

“Are you worried about Adrian’s sake si- sir?”

“Oh please Rose it’s none of your business.”

“But you have told me sir that he called you this morning, twice. Is that true? If so, then there’s nothing to worry- right?” I want to hear that he just made the Adrian calling him story, I’m sure it wasn’t true.

“I know, I know, he did and FYI I’m not worried of anything Rose. Please stop bothering me, any of these are none of your business. Look, I have to go but just need to finish these papers. If you have nothing good to say, get out.”

“Sir? Sir please just listen.”

Clifford was done thru his papers and got out from his office. I don’t give up that fast Clifford, what Rose wants, Rose gets.

I kept on following Clifford until we reached the lobby area still insisting the guard issues and he kept on ignoring me. Good thing that he did not yell at me, not even once. Clifford’s still as professional as he is and never he did disrespect his staffs and colleagues.

We saw the guards were standing at the front desk clueless of what the package brought to Clifford. Clifford did not bother to stop and it feared me that once he step out of the building, getting rid of the guards won’t be possible. Once again, I lost— I thought, but Clifford stopped before leaving the building and turn to his back facing the guards.

“Who among you gave my package to Sandy?” he asked but no one answer.

“I asked who?”

“Ako po sir.” one of the guards answered.

“Did Rose really told you to wait for my instruction?”

“Yes sir, pero-“

“Pero you’ve chosen what you thought would be the best?”

“Ano po sir, si Ma’am Sandy-“

“No need to explain. Rose?” he called me.

“Yes sir.”

“You have my permission. Do whatever is needed.” he told me before finally leaving the building.

That brought me a smile. Now it’s payback time.

I crossed my arms as I faced the guards. No I don’t have to bring this issue privately, I want everyone to hear what I’m going to say, this will serve as a lesson to others.

“What’s your name?” I asked the guard.

“SG Paul De Jesus po Ma’am Rose.”

“I instructed you about the package right?”

“Opo, pero sabi po kasi ni Ma’am Sandy-“

“Oh why, sino ba nagpapasahod sayo si Sandy ba o si Clifford?”

“Si sir Clifford po. Pero kasi po-“

“Like what Clifford told you, no need to explain. You’re fired.”

“Ma’am?”

“Hindi mo ba na-gets? Oh sige tatagalugin ko, TANGAL KA NA, sesante, wala ka nang trabaho.”

“Ma’am Rose, tatlo po ang anak ko. Ako lang po inaasahan ng pamilya ko.”

“So what? You could have thought of that earlier bago ka nagmagaling.” I don’t feel pity for those who irritates me.

“Ma’am, baka naman po pwede naman pong pakiusapan si sir Clifford?” OIC Baranda asked. “Suspension po marahil, pero wag naman pong termination.”

“Suspension? Ok OIC, since you asked for the suspension I’ll give it to you. One week suspension for an incompetent OIC like you.”

“Ano po Ma’am?”

“Ok one month suspension. Isa pang apela and I’ll make it one year suspension.”

“Ma’am Rose, dapat kausapin po muna ang Security Head at HR bago po kayo magdecide.” Said Baranda

“Oh well, informing your head and the HR head will be just for the formality because I’ve already made my decision and that’s final with Clifford’s permission. And for the others, this may serve you all lesson.”

I heard more pleadings as I go back to my desk but I don’t pay attention any of it. They just deserve what just happen and they should be thankful that I spare them they’re lives. If what good thing this incident brought, that’s to get rid those pain in the ass and it give me satisfaction even for a while.

Chapter 38

It took me hours to convinced myself of calling my sister. I really don't have plans of talking to her after the revelation from Adrian. Yes, I still do have questions, tons of it but I rather chose to get my answer from someone else. I don't want to hear more lies from her.

My personal phone was off after a freaking 500 missed calls and messages from her. With still hesitations of turning it on, I took one deep breath and pressed its power button and wait until it fully turned on. The screen flashed numbers of missed calls and text messages from my Ate. More new messages coming in. It was all from the same person.

I have no plans of reading all the messages when new messages were received. It's notifications that I got 4 voicemail from an unknown number. No one knows my personal number aside from my Ate and having voicemail from a different number interests me. Does Ate used a different number to get my attention? But knowing her, she will not to do something like that. It's either I'll talk to her or not. She'll be waiting for the waves to ease down, she's very patient.

I decided to dial my mailbox number to listen to the voicemails I've received.

Frist Voicemail

Hi Cliff, it's Adi.
I know you're still sleeping so I will leave you this message.
I wont be reporting for a week, I'm busy with you know what.
I you need anything, or need to tell me something, just leave me a message and I will call you back.

Second Voicemail

I forgot to tell, I'll be turning my phone off after this message.
I'm busy...
Babe, who's that? Let's go (voice of a girl)
She can wait no more Cliff...
Babe? (voice of a girl)
I'll be there babe.
So I'll be hanging now, see you after a week.

Third Voicemail

Clifford, she's Patricia.
What the f*ck Adrian! (a girl yelling)
Her name is Pat-
Give me that! (girl)
Toooooooooooooot (sound of a long beep)

Fourth Voicemail

Hi sissy, it's your Ate.
Let me say first about the voicemails,
Just in case you'll learn from Clifford that Adrian called him, you don't have to worry about it.
He did not escaped, I just made Adrian record his voice before I put him to rest.

I send to you Adrian's first two recorded voices before sending it to Clifford.
I just thought that you needed more time before the revelation of Adrian's missing that's why I recorded his voice and made it more dramatic to sound more convincing.
But since you're not replying to my text messages nor answering the phone, I decided to send it to Clifford even without your permission.
I thought it was the right thing to do because I know you really need time to think things over.
After what you have learned from Adrian, I know you needed time to think.
If you're going to push thru the plans or not? or back out because of the things you've learned?

I'm so sorry Rosemarie, I did kept things from you but believe it or not, I did not lie for any other reason but for your own sake only.
I love you more than anything else. Even more than my life. You're the only person I have.

The third voicemail was not yet send to Clifford, I want to hear your permission first before doing so.

I'm sorry for sending this voicemail but since you're not talking to me, I don't have any other option.
I know you have questions. Let me clear myself to you sis.
Please call me once you got all the voicemails.

Good thing that Adrian did not escaped. That's the only thing entered my mind. It was a relief.

Ate did a good job, she's so clever with the voicemail thing. It did helped me prolong the revelation of Adrian's abduction. And it did gave me more time to think things over. But what I don't want was her idea of talking to her and hear her lame excuses. Like what I said, I don't want to hear anything from her, she'll just definitely lie to me and it will just worsen my hate on her.

Instead of calling her I just send her a message.

|Are you aware that Adrian's phone has tracking device and his number was wiretapped?

She replied

|I know sissy, don't worry about that.

I replied

|Ok. I'm not worried, just making sure. Send him the 3rd voice message this midnight.

She replied

|Noted. Still mad? Can we please talk?

I replied

|Mad? Yes. Talk? No need.

She replied

|Let me explain

I replied

|If I need explanation, I'll not be hearing it from you.

She replied

|Who?

I replied

|Clifford.

She replied

|What do you mean?

I replied

|You don't deserve my explanation. Just send the voice message this midnight.
|I'm turning this phone off.

Chapter 39

Sirens, I heard sirens and gets louder and louder as I get nearer the Sentosa building.

As I arrived, I saw police mobiles parked in front of the building and number of policemen standing by the front door. I looked around looking for Dave but I didn't see from anywhere. He should be here. I told myself. I ignored my dismay and went inside the building and timed-in. I glanced once again at the front door thinking that I could see Dave but who I saw was Patricia Flores coming. If my thought was right, this have something to do with the voicemail sent to Clifford so I decided to stay at the lobby and wait for what will happen next.

Patricia was approached by one of the officer, clueless of what is happening she smiled at the officer and said "Yes?"

"Are you Patricia Flores?" the officer asked.

"Yes."

"You're under arrest. Please remain-"

"Wait, I am what?"

"Here's the warrant of arrest Ma'am. Please come with us."

"Ano 'to joke? Hindi naman Afril Pools day ah." she asked.

"No Patricia, hindi 'to joke. Sumama ka na lang sa amin. We'll tell you everything there." said Dave.

I know he's here and just waiting for the right time. He's with Adrian's bodyguard.

"Dave I'm sure, sya yung girl that night." the bodyguard told.

Patricia wearing her micro-mini black dress topped with red blazer, her long curly hair brushed down, a full hard make-up and also wearing the mac RED LIPSTICK I gave to her. Perfect. Just so right and perfect, she's definitely the girl last night.

"Ha? Nakilala mo ko? How?" she asked the bodyguard.

What did she just said? There's something behind that question. I need to know what, it might be useful.
I told myself.

"You have to remain silent Patricia." said Dave.

After saying that, Patricia was handcuffed and led to the police mobile. The mobile moved as soon as Patricia got inside. Everybody who witnessed what happen was all shocked. Including me. What Patricia said left me question that I need to find the answer. I need to go to the precinct, but how?

"Rose!" a yell from the front door.

"Marg."

"What happen? Why Patricia was arrested?"

"I don't know. Why don't we ask Inspector."

"Oo tama."

"What are you going to ask me ladies?"

We haven't noticed that Dave was already in front of us.

"Ah Inspector, what happen to Patricia?" Marg asked.

"Investigation lang."

"Regarding? Peter or Jeffrey?" Marg again. I let her do the asking.

"No." Dave short reply.

"Another case?"

"Unfortunately yes."

"Don't tell me, it's Adrian?"

"You guess right."

"Why do I have this feeling, inisa-isa ang boss natin Rose."

"I don't want to think that way Marg." I replied.

"Same here, I don't want to think that way. Besides, there's no reason for Clifford to be worried. It's not an act of a serial killer. Peter, Jeffrey and Adrian's cases are different situations and have different suspects. It just happen that all cases involves one name, Sentosa."

"So you mean my boss has nothing to worry about?" I asked.

"Yes. I assure him that. But for security purposes, we assigned him more bodyguards aside from the security system we installed at his office, house, phone and car. And just incase someone tried to abduct him or something, he is now a walking tracking device. It will be easy for us to tracked him and his abductor down just in case that happen. Sad thing that Adrian refused to have the same system, that's for him invading of privacy."

Stupid Adrian. That thing could have save his life, and not the tracking device he tried to threaten me. Oh it was too late for him to regret. Now I need to plan more careful for my next target.

"I see. That's good. Sir Clifford really needs something like that. Now that he's the only remaining Sentosa." I said.

"Yes. We need to do that, Clifford will be our only lead just in case all of these are work of a serial killer."

"Serial killer? Why jumping with that conclusion?" I dare to asked.

"I'm not saying that it was indeed serial killing, but we need to be more vigilant. Clifford is the only one left. We need to protect him as long as we can. And besides we're not disregarding the possibility of serial killing."

"We understand Inspector." I told.

"Rose, I want you to cooperate with us. Just in case someone called, emailed or send a package again to Clifford, everything, please let us know. Especially those unofficial."

"Of course Inspector. I will cooperate."

"Thank you Rose."

"We'll go now Inspector, we don't want to interrupt your work." said Marg.

"Would you like to go to precinct with me? To show care and support to Via and now to Patricia." asked Dave.

That question sends me good vibes.

"Can we?" we both asked.

"I wont ask you two if you're not." his joke was not funny but I just ignored it, going with him and being able to ask Patricia were the only thing on my mind. But wait, how about Clifford? He'll definitely look for me.

"I'll go." Marg excitedly said.

"I would like to, but Clifford will sure look for me." I told.

"Don't worry Rosemarie, he's out. Somewhere more safer. He needs to relax and to think. He's so much stressed of what happen."

"Somewhere safer?"

"Yes, their rest house at Bolinao Pangasinan."

"I see." I don't put much attention of Clifford's whereabouts, I'm looking forward on talking to Patricia.

Last edited:

Chapter 40

"How are you Patricia? What happen?" Mag asked to the distressed Patricia, whose make-up was smudged all-over her face. She cried since she was arrested.

"I-i don't know. Hi-hindi pa naman ni-nila ako kinaka-usap." Pat replied crying.

"Calm down Pat, calm down."

"What really happen Patricia, the man beside Dave a while ago told that he's sure that you're the girl. What does he mean by that?" I can't help but to ask. I really want to know what happen, well aside from my scheme, I'm sure there's something more.

"Ah, yun v-va?" her short reply. Then she looked around to see if someone near listening. When she saw that it was only the 3 of us she continued. "Re-remember the re-red lifstick you gabe me?" she asked.

"Yes, and that was yours right?" I answered.

"U-uhm well, I tried we-wearing that after we had lunch. A-adrian saw me a-afterwards, napansin nya yun lifstick a-and told me that I looked stu-tunning."

"And?"

"La-later that day, napansin kong he's ki-kinda plirting with me. He called me vefore mag-uwian and-" she paused and asked us to get more closer as she continue her story. She start whispering to our ears "-and he asked me to do the vj."

"What?" Marg and I shouted.

"Sshhh, wag kayo maingay."

"What did you just say?" Marg asked. Being innocent, she did not get that what Patricia is trying to say is BJ and not really VJ and it means she did gave Adrian a blow job.

"Marg I think she means bj, as in blow job." I whispered to Marg's ear.

"Ano, ginawa mo yun?" Marg shouted in surprise.

"Sshhh Marg, wag ka nga ma-maingay. Vi-vinayaran naman ako ni Adrian with that extra service eh."

"Kahit na Pat, that's so disrespectful and degrading." said Marg.

"Sshh Marg, I know Pat has a reason by doing that." by saying that, Pat nodded in agreeing.

"Is that all Pat?" asked Marg.

"No-no. Nasu-sundan pa yung mga araw na yun. Then weekends, he a-asked me to go to his pad. He-he gabe me maid's uniporm as my disguise. Hi-hindi kasi ako fafafasukin nun-nung vodyguard nya ku-kung wala akong vu-vusiness sa kanya. Hi-hindi naman pwe-pwedeng makitang secretary nya ko ka-kaya nag-disguise ako. Hi-hindi ko naman akalain na- na makikilala ako nung vodyguard nya that night eh."

"Baket ano bang ginawa mo that night?" Marg.

"Uhm, 5,000 lang naman yun kinuha ko eh. Hi-hindi ko naman akalain ma-makukulong ako dahil du-dun." told Pat.

"What, nagnakaw ka?" still Marg

"Oo. Kasi I asked him money apter we had se-sex. Sa-savi nya fina-fasahod na-naman daw ako ng kumfanya, va-vaket daw nya ko kelangan vigyan ng pera. Ka-kaya nung mag-sho-shower sya, I took 5,000 from-from his wallet."

"That's it? Kaya ka nakulong just because you stole 5,000 from Adrian. Napakababaw naman nun." and Marg got a point there.

"E-ewan ko Marg. Yu-yun lang naman alam kong nagawa ko kay Adrian eh. Ma-may nakita lang naman ka-kasi akong vagong vag sa greenhills na-na gusto kong vilhin eh kaya hu-humingi akong fera tafos nagdamot fa sya kaya a-ayun nagkasagutan kame. Tinakot ko sya, sa-savi ko isu-sumvong ko sya sa fulis na he's taking adbantage op me tapos A-ayun pala a-ako makukulong."

"You're talking about a Sentosa here Patricia, they're wealthy and powerful. You can't just threat them and steal from them. They can do stories and put you in jail for we know. I'm sorry to tell you this but, you'll definitely rotten in jail just because of that. They'll make stories of you kidnapping Adrian for kidnap-for-ransom. And even how hard you try to deny it, the police wont listen to you. They have evidences and sad to say, a witness."

"Anoooooo?" then a loud cry echoed the room.

That's a piece of cake. I really made it. I'd put all the blame to Patricia.

"Rose what can we do to help Pat?" Marg

"Oo nga anong gagawin ko?" Pat

"I don't know, why don't we ask Inspector?" I suggested.

"The only thing you can do Pat is to keep quiet. Everything you will say will be use against you. So if I were you, don't just tell stories like you did with Rose and Marg." Dave told who's been behind us for a while.

"Huh?" Pat

"You see kapag sinabi mo sa investigator lahat ng sinabi mo kina Rose, ididiin ka lang nito sa kasalanan hindi mo ginawa. Listen Pat, Adrian is missing. We're not sure if he's kidnapped or what, but based on your story, pwedeng ikaw ang maiturong suspect sa pagkawala nya. You'd been admitted having sexual relationship with him, been on his pad and stole from him, even yung lang ginawa mo, nobody will believe you. Clifford will not accept any excuse or alibi. Clifford wants Jeffrey, Peter and Adrian's cases closed whether lahat ng person na nainvolve eh may kasalaman man o wala." Dave continued.

"So you're suggesting Patricia to accept everything. As in all the accusations?" I asked.

"I'm not saying that Patricia should admit the crime if she didn't do anything-"

"Wa-wala akong gi-ginawa Dave." Pat cried.

"Kaya nga Pat, just kept yourself quiet. Until we settled everything. I know that you Marg, Via, Patricia and eventually you Rose will be used by the real culprit." said Dave.

I was shocked with what Dave had told. Did he really figured it all out.

"What? What do you mean Inspector?" Marg asked.

"We're not yet sure of it. But like what I've said a while ago, we're not disregarding the possibilities that these are all work of a serial killer. What we are sure now is that the real suspect was definitely a woman."

"Va-vavae?" Patricia asked.

"Yes. We based on our findings with the pictures send to Clifford. Jeffrey, Peter and Adrian were all found with lipstick stain. Red lipstick to be exact. That is the same reason why they've thought that it was Patricia who took Adrian because of the red lipstick she is always wearing."

"Pe-pero hindi naman sa akin talaga yun lipstick."

"Aren't you listening Patricia, I told you to keep quiet. Even how hard you tried to excuse yourself from all the blame, it wont help you. Just stay calm and quiet until things were figured out. Sooner or later, we know the real suspect will look for Clifford and we're ready for it. 24/7, the police wont leave Clifford alone. They wont allow Clifford to get away from their sight."

"I thought Clifford was just only at their rest house and just have number of bodyguards and security systems?" I asked.

"Yes. That's the only thing he knew. Clifford is still denying the fact that it was a serial killer work. He don't want to accept that idea with reason we don't know. But on our investigation and evidences from the pictures, it was indeed work of a same women. So sad that the 4 brothers share one weakness and that's girls with red lipstick."

"How come he's still in denial if you've got all the evidences and proofs? Maybe he's hiding something?"

"Maybe yes, maybe no Rose. But whatever reason Clifford may have, that's the least of our priority. Our top priority now is to secure Clifford and make him safe until we caught the real culprit. Though I want to commend that lady, she's really doing great with her plans."

"Yeah, you can say that again."

"So Rose since your boss is the next target, I want you to be extra careful. Ingatan mo rin lahat ng lihim mo." Dave told me that made me nervous. What does he mean with that?

"What do you mean Inspector?"

"I mean keep all your secrets for it will be used against you buy the real suspect. Like what she did with Dra. Oliquino, Via and Patricia. You've been involve in most of the cases, so you better be careful in all your words and actions." he explained.

"I see. I thought you mean something." Just in case you all figured it out Dave, I will be glad to kill you with my bare hands. I should be watching you closely David Sales. I will deal with you first before Clifford Sentosa if I have to.

"Scary pala yun totoong suspect Inspector. Sana mahuli na sya para makalabas na mga kaibigan ko at para di na rin madamay si Rose at di mamatay si Sir Clifford." Marg worriedly told.

"We will try our best. Kaya nga Patricia, Rose and Marg, just act that the plans of the real suspect were all working so she'll be in progress to her next target at para mahuli na rin sya. I also told Via about this, so she can calm herself and before she do more legal action with her case. In due time, both of you will be free."

So stupid Dave. Go ahead, tell us your plans and ideas. You're not aware that the person you're looking for is just right here beside you. Just good thing that from your stupidity, I can plan more and I promise not to fail on this. I only have one left, no one can stop me, not even my love for you David!

"Yeah speaking of Via, can we visit her Inspector?" asked Marg.

"Ah Marg, I think we need to go back. People might be looking for us. And besides even our boss's were out, we still have works to do." I told her. I don't have time talking to that amateur girl.

"Ah you're right." she agreed.

"So 'til here Patricia. See you soon in the outside world." I teased her.

"Bye Pat." Marg gave her a goodbye kiss which I didn't do.

"Si-sige. Sa-salamat." she waved goodbye and go back to her cell.

"Uhm Rose."

"Yes Inspector?"

"Clifford told me that if you need something to bring him sa Pangasinan, let me know. I will take you there during weekends."

Is Dave scheming for something? If Clifford wants me to do that, he'll be personally calling me and instructing me. If I'm not mistaken, he may know something about me and my plans.

"Did he really told that?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Why didn't he call me to personally tell me that?"

"I'm sorry to tell but their rest house was somewhere unreachable of satellite and signal. It may have electricity but you still need to go to the nearest Bayan just to be able to make a call, just a call. They still don't have access to internet."

"I don't see it a good idea. If there's something that need Clifford sign and approval, I will give it to you and let you bring it to him."

"You're doubting me?"

"No I am not. I just don't see the need of going to Clifford if you can do it for him. And I don't want to work during weekends."

"Yeah you have a point. I can do that for you. Sorry if I sound so arrogant." he apologized and kept himself busy driving.

Silence inside the car when Marg whispered to me.

"Rose, wala naman atang masamang meaning si Inspector dun. Baka gusto ka lang nya masolo. Ganun?"

"I don't care about that. I just don't trust him." I whispered back.

"Takot ka lang ma-fall sa kanya eh, aminin?"

"No I'm not. I don't know for sure, we may not know, he's maybe the real killer." I joked.

"Gaga." and we laughed together, but mine was obviously fake.

"What's with the laughing ladies?"

"Wala naman Inspector, dito na kame. Thanks for dropping us."

"No biggie."

I didn't bother to say my farewell to Dave but I managed to smile a bit. I'm busy studying his every words and actions. If he's really after to me, let's see about that, catch me if you can.

Back
Top Bottom