Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

What Lies Behind Red Lipstick (POVs Updated)

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

------------------x

I know who I am.
I am a Goddess!
Every woman envies me.
They dream to be me.

Shiny black curly hair
Long thick curled lashes
Perfect line of brows
Deep brown eyes
Pointed nose
Natural pink blushed cheeks
Pearly white teeth
Two deep dimples
And sexy lips covered with red lipstick.

--------------------x

Chapter 1

"How do you want us to call you?"

"Uhm, Rose, just call me Rose."

"Ok Rose, can you tell us something about yourself?"

"My name is Rosemarie Mendoza Suarez, Rose for short. 24 years old, still single but happy. I was born and grew up in Manila but currently living in Makati with my only sister. I lost my parents when I was just 14 and my sister was the one who took care of me since then. I graduated from University of Sto. Tomas as a varsity scholar with a degree of Business Office Administration. Yes, I am into sports, volleyball to be exact. Since we dont have sufficient income to support my studies in UST because as we all know UST is one of the expensive universities in the Philippines, I tried out for volleyball team and luckily accepted and given a full scholarship. Aside from sports, I am also into singing and dancing, drawing and writing. Though I am also part of the Theater Club, unlike volleyball these theatric skills are just my hobbies and frustrations. Well, I tried once, I was once a band vocalist for a couple of months then afterwards the band was given an opportunity for a Korea contract which was too hard for me to decide. And since I dont want to leave my sister alone and I need to continue my studies, I quit from the band and stayed here in the Ph."

"So you go clubbing?"

"No sir, I am not into clubbing anymore after I left the band. I just satisfied my hunger in singing for a live audience. And I am already happy with that experience."

"And you dont have any plans to continue that "frustration"?"

"As what as you've said sir, its just a frustration. Well, a hobby. After months of singing, I am already fulfilled. I dont have any plans to make it as a career. Its part of my history now and never will be in my future plans."

"You said, you're also a writer?"

"Yes and no. Yes because I do write and everyone who writes is a writer but also no because I dont consider myself as a writer. I do write but all my stories were written in tagalog but it's still literature thou. So to cut the story short, as an amatuer, I really dont consider myself a writer."

"Ok then, how about your job experiences?"

"For 4 years, I worked with one of the largest real estate company here in the country. I worked there as a secretary where my job description was basically office management, clerical and administrative duties."

"And why leaving the company?"

"It's not that I don't love my job. I do love my job, my bosses, my colleagues, but its time for me to take one step forward and setting aside my personal attachment with my job and putting priority on my professional advancement. I am not getting any younger and I dont feel advancing with my previous job. I know I can do more, I can do better. I want to challenge myself. I want to learn more, to know more. I want to be more."

"And you think that what MORE can be found here in SGC?"

"Honestly sir, I dont think so, I know so."

I can see how impressed my interviewers are on how I answered their question. With my confidence and my attitude, I know, change that-- I AM SURE I got this job and Ate will be very proud of me.

"Ok Ms. Rose, that will be all for today. You can go back to the waiting area outside and please wait for the result. We still have numbers of applicants outside and let's just hope that you're one of the four Executive Assistant that we are looking for. Thank you."

What? That's it? Do I really have to wait? Can you just tell me if I am hired or not? If only I can shout it out loud. So I just gave them my best smile and say "Thank you sirs."

"Betty, please assist Ms. Rose outside and do call the next applicant."

While heading to the waiting area I can still feel the adrenaline in me. Being with this kind of interview, a panel interview, where four good looking man held the interview, I am challenged. I really love the feeling of being challenge and to the point that I don't want to end the interview. I never felt nervous. It's a piece of cake.

Betty, the receptionist and I proceed to the waiting area where eight other applicants were patiently waiting for their turn and for the result. No vacant chair to sit in so I'm still standing beside Betty while waiting for the next vacant sit.

"Miss Patricia Flores please." Betty called out.

Everyone seems busy and no one stood up.

"Miss Patricia Flores." Betty called out again but this time with a louder voice.

All who heard the call out checked on each other with a question of who is Patricia Flores. "Maybe she already left." I whispered to Betty.

"Is there any Patria Flores here?" Betty asked out loud.

Still no one stood up. She almost went back to the conference room when someone shouted-

"Ay puke!"

Woah, behaviour. Every one looked at her.

"Sorry nahulog kasi yung vag ko." she said with a grin.

"Excuse me miss, are you Patricia Flores?" Betty asked once more.

"Huh? Sorry pakiulit hindi ko narinig?" after saying, she took off the head set on her ears.

Everyone laughed including me.

"Ikaw ba si Patricia Flores? Tagalog na yan naintindihan mo na sana?" Inis na tanong ni Betty.

"Yes it's me, Is it my turn?" Again with a grin.

Everyone sighed duh! She's just not only look stupid, she's also acts stupid.

"Yes it's your turn. Please follow me."

I studied the way she carries herself. I looked at her from head to toe.

Long straight hair which was rebonded.
Shoulder length gold-coated earings that are fake,
Exagerrated make up looked so cheap,
One inch below the ass dress, super dooper cheap!
But in fairness, nice pair of legs with a 3-inch killer stilettos from ukay-ukay!

That's too much! As I walked closely to her as I am about to take her vacated sit I wouldn't missed that, that smell, what's that smell? Victoria Secret? So sweet. As we're going to pass to each other I saw her gave me a creepy smile and seeing part of her teeth covered with pink lipstick. So groose!

I cant help but to say, "Excuse me miss."

"Yes." I saw those teeth again.

"Uhm, you left your bag." and gave her a pretending smile.

"OMG, sorry I porgot." She runs toward her vacated sit and took her bag. "Thank you."

"That's ok social climber." I whispered the last two words.

"Huh?"she asked.

"I said good luck." Which she believed

"Oh that's sweet. Thank you." With that disturbing smile again.

Did I heard it correctly? Porgot? Does she knows the difference between F and P? and Louis Vuitton huh? Greenhills? I whispired as I take of my sit.

"Oo mukha ngang Greenhills. Hihi." The girl beside me agreed.

"Huh, excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked sarcastically nicely.

"Oo, sabi mo kasi Greenhills yung bag nun babae." She told me with a big grin.

"So you heard it? Uhm, no offense meant, it's just a plain comment." I lied, of course I mean it.

"I know. By the way I'm Olivia but you can call me Via." She offered her hand as she introduced her self.

"Hi, I'm Rose." I answered briefly while ignoring her hand.

"Ah, nice meeting you." as she awkwardly brought her hand down.

"Same here. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to shake your hand, you see my hands are full." Showing her both of my hands, one with my bag and one with my envelope.

"I understand." she smiled.

After a short second I can see her from the corner of my eyes. What's wrong with this girl, can't she quit staring at me? I don't want to start the conversation between us, but how come she never stopped staring? Is there anything wrong with me? The heck! "Excuse me, is there anything wrong with my face?" I asked with a bit loud voice and everyone looked at us.

"Huh? Wala naman. Sorry." She shyly answered.

"So what are you looking at? You're making me so conscious, so if you wont mind?" I demand.

What is wrong with this girl? Why is she smiling like that? Is she crazy or something? She's pretty, educated, simple and elegant however she looks like crazy. Oh whatever, ignore her Rose. Igno- I am just convincing myself to ignore her when she start asking me. What now? I scream at the back of my mind.

"CSR ka ba?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"CSR, Customer Service Representative. I think kasi call center agent ka. Ang galing mo kasi mag-english and may accent ka pa. So I guess galing kang call center. Right? Or if not, why don't you just apply as a call center agent. If hindi tayo sinuwrete dito, gusto mo sabay tayo mag-apply sa Sykes or Teleperformance or sa ibang Call Center?"

What the-? This girl is really insane. "I'm sorry miss-"

"Via. My name is Via." She interrupted.

"Via first of all I know what CSR means and just to answer your question, I am not from a call center and I don't have any plans of applying as a call center agent. Ok?"

"Ganun? Bakit parang galit ka? Sorry." she asked.

Does she gave me that sad face? So sensitive and weak. I took a deep breath and said, "No I am not." I lied again. "Its ok. You're not the first time to ask."

"Uy buti naman." a smile back on her face. "Amazed lang ako on how you speak. Siguro mayaman ka or honor student ka back in college. Sana kapag natanggap tayo dito, we can be friends. Yun eh kung ok lang sayo?"

Why is her eyes twinkling like that? So weird. And those braces with pink rubber band or what so ever they call it on her teeth is so creepy. Even I would like to refuse her offer, I cant. So instead of honestly answering her and hurting her feelings "again" I just took one more deep breath and gave her my sweetest smile and let her believe that be friend with her was actually a great idea. Who knows, she might be useful once we both get hired.

"Hey Rose, Patricia is here." she whispered.

"What? Patricia who?" I am really annoyed by this girl.

"Patricia, the one with the LV bag."

As she spoke I saw this cheap lady sitting in front of us. And by this time I was really not in my comfort zone. Sitting beside the ANNOYING Olivia and seeing the social climber Patricia. Is this bad luck?

"Look at her Rose." Via.

What now?! I really want to scream. "What now Via?"

"Uhm nothing, I just want you to look at her. That's all." she answered.

"I already did Via. She's now sitting in front of us chewing gum? What? Is she chewing that gum all this time? How cheap was that?"

"Haha. Rose, I am not referring to her. Look at the one who's sitting beside her."

"The nerdy-loser one?" I answered.

"No the cute one beside her.

"And what's with her?"

"Nothing much. But like you she's also smart. She's Margaret, graduate from PUP Sta. Mesa, cum laude."

She's not really that interesting. As I look at her, there's nothing so special about her. Maybe she's a flat 5inch, whiter complexion compare to me. And yes she's cute with that short stylish hair with a simple make up, compare with the girl sitting beside her that looks like she's applying for a GRO position. It's hard to tell if she's really smart or not if not told by this chismosa girl beside me.

"Hey Rose, are you still listening?"

"How come you know a lot about her?"

"I was sitting beside her kanina, nag-kwentuhan kaya ko nalaman."

"So you're really into someone else' life?"

"Aray! Ay ang sakit naman nun." she sound offended.

"Oh I am sorry, no offense meant." My third lie.

"No its ok. Hindi naman ako chismosa, madaldal lang talaga ako. Kesa naman mapanisan tayo ng laway dito diba?" She smiled at me so I smiled back.

All was already interviewed after the turn of the loser beside Patricia. Everyone looks nervous for the result except, ofcourse me. Haha. I maybe lied a little because I am somehow nervous now. I need to be hired...I need to be hired! And after an hour of waiting, finally here is Betty for the result. All attention to her waiting for the announcement, it feels like a beau-con.

"As I call on your name, please stand up and gather here in front. First is, Patricia Flores."

"Yes!" Patricia jumped and shouted.

"What?" me and Via exclaimed.

"Miss Flores, in front please."

"Ah, yes ma'am." she walked with teary eyes as if she won a crown.

"Finger crossed Rose." she hold my hand and I felt the moist from it. I took it off from her and gave her a confident smile.

"Next is Margaret Cortez. Followed by Olivia Fernandez." as Betty continues to announce.

"Yes!" Via shouted.

"Last but not the least, Rosemarie Suarez."

With no doubt, I am one of the hired ones. I looked at those who remained sitting, "better luck next time losers."

"I knew it Rose." Via said. "We will be BFF now."

Oh God, I sighed.

"For those who weren't called, thank you for coming, and for the four of you, please follow me."

This is it Rosemarie, after 10 years, things are falling to its right place.

continuation...

Last edited:
Re: What Lies Behind Red Lipstick

walang pagong d2 ehh..hmm sayo nalang..hahaha

Ganun b? Cgeh Kwento mu sa maganda jajaja .

Xabi nila ang magreact daw panguet . . Try mu nga Kung true? :)

Update po was padin? . . Jeje demanding n b mxado?

cge sa maganda :off: hehehe.

Mganda o0h

may update na to sa wattpad e..:) mukhang enjoy sa watty si ms.red..

ay andaya..hmm eh d pano yan? sa WP nalang?wag na sa SB.?hehag

ganun....bakit wala ng updates? :(

Busyness lang siguro si Inay. hehehe

pagpasensyahan nyo na po ako mga kasymb.
nasa bulacan kasi ako ngayon at nasa manila ang drafts ko.

wag nyo naman akong pagalitan :weep::weep:

Chapter 24

I still go after Clifford. It feels like a dog tailing his master. Hating it so much.

"Sir, I didn't do anything. Sir please lis-" I tried explaining myself, no, I tried lying.

"SHUT UP ROSE!" he yell. He's now on his phone. "Inspector, I need you here NOW!" he demanded.

We end up to their private board room. As I can see, he's completely alarmed of what is happening. First with Jeffrey and now with Peter. I watched him closely, I didn't let any of his expression passed my eyes. Every sh*t!, f*ck...every curse he breath out while drinking whiskey. He's freaking out. He lost his composure. He's bursting with anger. He threw his glass just right in front of me. A piece of the broken glass hit my leg, I felt the pain and the blood slowly dripping out from the wound it caused me. It didn't matter to me but it did add more hate to Clifford.

Adrian followed immediately after dispersing all the directors. I was standing next to the door and he intentionally collided with me and I fell down the floor for the second time. I cursed him and already killed him on my mind. The two of you will die on my bare hands. I whispered.

"Clifford, what the hell is happening?" I heard Adrian asked as I'm trying to stand.

"Rose what happen?" a weakening voice. My hand shivered upon hearing his voice. It's him. He's already here. "You're hurt Rose. Your leg is bleeding." he helped me to stand up. "I'll bring you to the clinic." he offered.

"N-no need Inspector." I told him.

"Dave what are you doing?" Clifford shouted.

"She's hurt Clifford, cant you see?" he answered.

"The hell we care Dave!" Adrian. "We called you not to sympathize with her but to discuss this." Adrian showed the video to Dave.

"And we think, that girl have something to do with this." Clifford referring to me.

The hell with both of you, Clifford and Adrian. If I could say it all loud, YES! I am responsible to all of these. The missing of your two brothers and both of you will be next.

"Who Rose? Are you seriously out of your mind Clifford?" Dave asked. "Dont be stupid judging and jumping into a conclusion."

Dave was my night and shining armor, he helped me to sit and he took off the piece of glass that strikes me. It was not painful anymore, Dave took all the pain away. He pulled out his handkerchief and covered the wound on my leg just like what he did on my hand yesterday. I smiled.

"Are you done with her Dave? We need to discuss. This is too alarming. And we think it was the same person who took Jeffrey." Adrian.

"It was more than an affair thing. It's more personal." Clifford.

"And how does it involves Rose?" Dave asked.

"We're not so sure -yet. That is why you're here Dave, to investigate. That's why we hire you." Adrian.

"I know that Adrian, I'm not stupid. But you did not answer my question, how does it involves Rose?" he asked again.

"She's the one who played the video." Adrian.

"Is that true Rose?"

"Y-yes." I answered.

"See! You f*cking b*tch!" Adrian.

"B-BUT IT'S THE SAME CD CLIFFORD GAVE ME!" I screamed on top of my lungs. My voice echoed the room.

"Is that true Clifford?" asking Clifford.

"Maybe yes, but I checked that CD this morning before I gave it to her. It should have all progress pictures and the growth of Sentosa Corp. Not these photos." Clifford.

"When did you gave the CD to Rose?" Dave.

"Inside the conference room just right before the presentation starts." I was the one who answered.

"How did you switched the CD?" Adrian asked furiously.

"I did not. How can that be possible?" I answered.

"Have the conference room check Adrian, the original CD may still there. If so, then Rose is possibly guilty with all your accusations." Dave instructed. "And also, check Rose desk and her things." he looked at me asking permission.

"With or without her permission Dave, I already asked the guards to do so." Adrian.

"That's ille-"

"It's ok Inspector. If it's the only way to prove my innocence. Let them." I told Dave.

I'm not stupid as you think Adrian. I already planned everything. I figured it all out. I know that this will happen. Everything is under my control. I know about Clifford's CD presentation. We worked for it together. I've done the switching a while ago when he's busy checking for the powerpoint presentation I gave him. As I entered his room with his coffee and he's too busy not to glanced me a look to say his thank you, that's my chance. Poor careless Clifford who put the CD out his sight.

As per time check, the presentation started 8:30am and took 1 in a half hour to finished the powerpoint presentation and all the discussions. At 10:00am I've started to play the CD and that was also the janitor's time to pick up every trash per table per floor. That's how the corporation maintain its cleanliness that every break time we have to clean our working area. Being boss of the President, my area should be the first one to clean. If they're looking for the original CD? I already crashed it and put inside a crumpled sandwich bag and was now thrown out of the office. I assumed.

Knock knock

"Sir, SG Barada po." a voice behind the door.

Dave opened the door.

I saw Baranda carrying a black trashed bag and my purse as he entered the room.

"Sir dito po sa trash bag lahat ng CD na na-collect namin sa buong building." he handed Clifford with the trash bag. "At ito naman po ang gamit ni Ma'am Rose." next was my purse.

"Just this?" Clifford referring to my purse.

"Yes sir." Baranda.

"F*ck, you planned everything b*tch!" he looked at me. "Thank you Baranda, you may go now." he instructed the guard.

I don't looked at him in his eyes but deed inside, behind my faked scared face, I cursed him a lot of times.

"Dave, here. Do your job!" Clifford gave it all to Dave.

"Let me check first with Rose things." she looked at me asking permission. But I didn't showed him any expression meaning, just do your job Dave.

"Dave do your job!" Adrian shouted. That's what I mean Adrian. I whispered.

Dave opened my purse. I did not bring anything today aside from my make up kit, wallet and phone in preparation for cases like this. After checking it, Dave gave it to me and whispered me thank you.

"That's all?" Clifford asked.

"Yes. Unless you've seen something I did not." Dave answered.

Knock knock

Another knock from the door. Dave opened it and it's the janitor.

"Sir, eto po yun galing sa basura ni Ma'am Rose." he told. Should I panicked? NO, I'm really not gaga to put my own evidence on my trash bin. "Bale malinis naman po yun basurahan nya bukod sa isang buong sandwich."

"That's all?" this time, it was Adian who asked.

"That was supposed to be my breakfast, but I accidentally dropped it on the floor." I explained.

So where the hell it is you may asked? Some other trash bin of course.

"Ok kuya, you may leave now. Please bring the trash with you." Dave.

Dave, Clifford and Adrian played all the CDs they've collected while I remained sitting and watching their every move. I want to laugh, they're too desperate and eager.

It took them hours and found nothing.

"We've played everything Clifford." Adrian.

"We're done. We should let Rose go now." Dave asked.

"NO." Adrian.

"WHY NOT?" Dave.

"She need to explain." Adrian.

"Explain what?" Dave.

"What's your intention Rose?" Clifford ask me.

"Me? I dont have any sir. I'm just doing my job. I just did what you've told me to do." I explained. Now, I showed a little drama. I am crying.

"F*ck! What is really happening?" Adrian. "We all thought that what happen to Jeffrey concerns about his affair -period. But what just happen to Peter proves that it's different. Is it serial killing?" he asked.

This is becoming too interesting.

"Why Adrian, have you done something before that may lead to grudge and revenge?" Dave asked.

Yes Adrian, tell us about it. We waited for their answer but Clifford and Adrian kept quiet.

"Adrian, Clifford?" Dave asked again.

"None of course." Clifford denied.

Tss, just what I've thought.

"Then we're not sure if its really work of a serial killer. Anything unusual about Peter lately?" Dave asked.

"Yes, he's on leave since Monday." Clifford answered.

"Yeah I already know that." Dave.

"You know?" Adrian.

"Yes, Olivia, his secretary told me." Dave answered.

"How co-" Clifford trying to ask.

"I went out with your secretaries last night. I went with four of them, including Rose." he explained. "Didn't Sandy told you that?"

"Sandy? How'd Sandy be part of this?"

"She saw us yesterday. I also told her to tell you that we're going out. Didn't she told you?" Dave asked again.

"Maybe she did but I'm too busy to pay attention."

"So that's your fault." Dave.

"And why did you gone out with our secretaries?" Adrian asked.

"Why, Am I not allowed to be friend with your secretaries? And besides I'm not working with your company, I can do whatever I want even without your permission." he replied.

"And what else have you learned from them?" Clifford asked.

"Nothing. Should I learn anything from them? We just enjoyed last night." Dave.

"Dave we know you a lot. We know you're up to something-"

"Shut up Adrian!" Dave shouted.

Sh*t! Is that really true Dave? You're up to something that's why you're be-friending with us. How'd come I didn't notice that. I should be more careful now when you're around. I murmured to my self.

"I called Peter's phone this morning. A minute it was ringing but a minute later it was turned off." Clifford.

"It sounded like we're being played by the real culprit." Dave. "I need the video to investigate more and this will be all for today Clifford and Adrian. Let me handle everything form here. How about meeting you later tonight? More private meeting?" he told them. More private means less me.

"That's all?" Adrian.

"Yes. Unless you have something to tell to make this case less complicated." Dave asked.

"None Dave. Later this evening we'll be meeting you at my place. You may go now." Clifford answered.

"How about your secretary?" Dave referring to me.

"Ah yes. Rose we're sorry for what happen today. You may go to the clinic and have your wound check. You may also go home after." Clifford instructed me.

"Not a problem sir, I understand. And sir, I will not go home -yet. I'll stay." I told him.

"If that's what you want." Clifford.

I just nodded. Yes, this is what I want. I dont want to miss all the fun.

The incident rumors spread so fast. It was the talk of the entire building. At 5pm, before everybody leave the building, Clifford called an emergency meeting and every employee were asked to gather inside the canteen. It's the only place where he can gather us all. I saw the other girls at the corner, I notice Via's eyes. She did cried for Peter. Poor Via but your suffer will not end here, it's only the beginning.

"Hi girls." I greeted them.

"OM Rose, what happen to you?" Marg seeing my leg bandage.

"I'm ok Marg. It was just a simple misunderstanding." I answered. "How about Via? After what happened to her boss." I asked.

"I haven't talked to her pa. She did not had her lunch after hearing the news. And now she kept herself quiet. I'm worried about her. She's really that affected. And I am also worried to you Rose. You'd been with the same situation, again, after my boss Jeffrey's case." Marg.

"And just like that Marg, I will be cleared. I'm innocent, remember?" I assure her.

"I know that Rose. But how about Via?" Marg.

"She can move on. Just let her release her emotions. It was her boss who's been missing." I told her.

"Ok." Marg agreed.

Clifford and Adrian arrived at the canteen. They've announced that what ever happen today should be kept inside the building. No facebooking, tweeting, blogging and anything that will worsen the incident. Anyone who'll find violating their request will be reprimanded, suspended or dismissed depending on the weight of their action. And for those who'll be reporting any violators will be rewarded.

We did not bother asking Via if she's ok because definitely she's not. The three of us parted ways after the meeting.

--------

Red's Note:

Hanggang dito na lang po ulit muna.
sorry na please. sorry po talaga sa mga readers ng red lipstick.
babawi po ako promise :)

yehey may update na :happy:

sa susunod ulit :kiss:

Chapter 25

Media.
Media.

I haven't seen this enormous number of press people. Even how hard Sentosa wants to privatize their issue, it wont happen. They're living icons.

Cameras all around. News anchor of every channel and radio station, broadsheets reporter and even tabliods. Did I fed this information with this reporter, of course not. I haven't thought of involving media. Not yet, not until I'm done with the four brothers. Tss, this might be ate's work. I need to talk to her about this. I told myself.

I walked carefully as possible, I don't want any of them to notice me.

I was nearly on our entrance door when one of the press people noticed me. Huh, as if they know me? I whispered. I continue walking as I thought he will not give me much attention, but I was wrong, he approached me and I was like, wtf.

"Are you Rosemarie Suarez? he asked me.

How come he knows me? Of course, I didn't asked that loud. But seriously, Ate? How could you drag me down to your show. I will kill you Ate. Do you really have to tell the press about me. I don't need publicity, not now. it's not yet over. I screamed behind my thoughts.

"Miss, are you really Rosemarie Suarez?" he repeated.

"Yes. what about?" I answered with a question. I saw that a cameraman was already behind him, and his camera was on? What the hell!

"Miss Rosemarie, we're live on TV. Is it true that you're the primary suspect of Peter Sentosa's abduction? Are you his girlfriend? Did you fought? What was your reason of doing so?" he asked consecutively.

"What? What are you talking about? I don't know what you're saying." I answered. I saw more press people coming, the f*ck, what is happening? Am I being caught? Did Ate put me down? I asked myself.

"Miss Rosemarie, we're from GMA news, are you having an affair with Mr. Peter Sentosa? Can you please answer all the accusations?" from another reporter.

I don't understand. Everyone were talking and asking simultaneously. Cameras surrounds me. Flashes blinding me. I don't like this, I'm not enjoying this. I lied. I so love the attention. Go ahead stupid media, feed yourselves false information. But later, I will face my f*cking stupid sister.

"Miss Rose-" i heard another reporter wanted to ask but he was interrupted by someone.

"Leave her alone." he said. "She has nothing to do with this. She's just a secretary. She was not even a suspect so please stop questioning her with your stupid accusations." My night and shinning armor arrived just in time to save his damsel and distress.

The reporters stood still, and continue asking questions that I don't put much attention.

"I-inspector?" I looked at him and saw his furious face. He's more handsome when he's angry.

"Are you ok Rose?" he asked. I nodded to response. "Good, let's go inside." he covered my face with his coat and we walk together. "Get out on our way!" he once again shouted. With Dave's arm surrounded me,I don't need to fear. I felt safe and secured.

As we got inside the building, Dave releases me he told me to stay. He'd instructed the most stupid guards not to let any of the reporter enter the building. They're really dumb asses guards who did not bother to help me when the reporters harassing me. Everyone of these guard will definitely pay for their stupidity. I told myself.

"This is not supposed to happen." I heard Dave told.

"I know." I told him and I managed to show him smile and he did smile back.

"I'm sorry Rose for what happen." he apologized.

"No need to be sorry Inspector, I understand." I sweetly told him.

"I promise Rose, I will make that suspect will pay for all of these. I wont sleep until I got this case solved." he promised me.

I saw how serious he is. Should I be warned? Should I panic? Should I stop from here? NO! no one, not even Dave will hinder my revenge. If it takes for me to kill my dear Dave just to fulfill my plans, I will do so.

"Rose, what are you thinking about?" he asked me.

"huh?"

"Rose, you don't have to worry about everything. I will handle these case and you will be cleared, just like before." he hold my hand and smiled.

The sensation excite me, "Ahm, thank you." my short respond.

"And besides Rose, we already have a our lead."

"You do?" I asked curiously.

"Yes. You'll gonna meet him later." he told me.

"Him? Later?" i asked again.

"Yes. So I'll gonna leave you here. Cliff and Adrian were waiting for me." he excused himself.

I still have some questions but just like that, he's out of my sight.

hey sistah soul sistah go sistah soul sistah
"I saw you on TV, you look gorgeous sissy." Ate called.

"I already know that." I annoyingly answered. "Glad thing you'd called. I am about to do the same." I told her.

"Really? What about?" she asked me.

"Don't play with me sis. You know what I'm talking about!" I screamed.

"Oh chillax sis, I don't have any idea of why you're yelling at me."

"Yea really? How dare you involving the media here? How could you? You don't even informed me." I furiously asked her.

"Me?" she replied.

"Yes you!"

"I thought it was you. It's your idea right? It was all part of your plan?" she answered.

"How could it be me?" I asked her.

"Because you love publicity, you love all the attention. So I don't doubt myself that it was your idea." she explained.

"It's not me. How could I put my self down? Given that i love the publicity and the attention, but I wont put my self in blame of all of these accusations. I should be the star and not the villain of my own show. So please Ate stop acting. Just tell the f*cking truth!" I irately told her.

"Hey don't use your ef word on me Rosemarie. I had told you the truth. It was not me. We're in this together remember, how could i let my own sister down?" she replied.

"If it's not you, then who?" i asked.

"I don't know. maybe one of your officemate, officers or anyone who knew the incident yesterday." she told me, and she got a point there.

"Whoever he or she is, I will make him or her pay." I swear. "And even if it's you ate, I will have you pay, so start praying hard because if I caught you, I'll make you suffer." I told her.

"Oh I'm scared Rosemarie." she joked.

"I'm serious Ate. So be better ready." after saying my last word I ended the call.

I am now on my area and still contemplating of who are the people behind the information feeding with the media. But I don't want to worry that much though it really bothers me. I got more things to think about just like the lead Dave's talking about and how to put all the blame and suspicion to Via.

I closed my eyes planning my next step when I heard a voice.

"Excuse me miss, Clifford please?" it sounded familiar, the dirty voice coming from a dirty old man. Mr. Cheing, no doubt.

"Yes sir. This way please." as I lead him to the private board room a brilliant idea come flashing on my mind.

Dave's waiting outside the door. "I'll take him from here Rose, thank you." he told me.

Next step, here I come.

Chapter 26

I saw Via busy dialing her phone. Who's she calling? I don't give it a care. I really don't, not until she threw the phone on the floor.

I picked it up and in my surprise it was Peter's number she was calling.

"Hhmm, Via you drop your phone." I told her while giving the phone. She grabbed it from my hand. I was not ready with that action, I got hurt, her accidentally scratched my wrist. You b*tch. I cursed.

"Are you ok? Who are you calling? You look mad? I acted calm and worried but fuming inside.

"It's none of your business Rose. And why are you here? My boss's was already gone, killed, murdered. You don't have any business here!" she shouted.

"Relax friend. I was just here to check if you're ok." i caressed her hair softly but wanted to slam her face on the wall. I love to, but I didn't do so.

"Do I look ok to you? I lost my lo-" she took off my hand from her head and paused. "I lost my boss." she continued.

"I know. I want to share the grievance with you. You're my friend, we're bff remember? And sir Peter was also my boss, though not directly." I told her while smirking.

She kept herself silent. "You don't want to talk Via? Well then I'll go now." I already turned my back from her when I told my last words. "Anyway, I also want to inform you that they already got their lead -with the crime. Just incase you're interested to know." I saw Via lifted her head. I now caught her attention.

"What did you just said?" she asked me curiously.

"I said, they already got their lead and they're already conducting their investigation at the PRIVATE-BOARD-ROOM with Inspector Dave." I answered.

"Are you sure?" now she's looking at me, eye to eye.

"Yes. That's what Inspector Dave told me."

"Why haven't you told it earlier?" she yell.

"Because-" I'm not yet done with my sentence when she yell again.

"I don't need your explanation Rose." the b*tch told me. "Let's don't waste time, I want to see who she is." she told me.

"She? Or you mean he?" I asked her as she thought it was a woman who I'm referring to.

"Whatever Rosemarie, I want to see HIM now!" she stood up and walked right thru me.

That's my girl. I smiled. She's fired up with anger.

"Wait Via. They're still inside the board room." I tried stopping her.

"I don't care. I want to see him, I want to meet him right now!" she screamed.

"Ok, but let's just wait here on my desk. They'll for sure go here on Clifford's room after their meeting." I told her.

"For sure? How can you be so sure? I cant wait for that, what if they wont? I will wait outside the board room whether you'll come with me or not." she told me.

"Whatever you want, it's fine. I'll go with-" I haven't finished when she stopped walking. The board room just opened and people started to come out. First it was Adrian.

I saw Via closed her fist, is she really doing what I wanted her to do?

"Via, what are you doing here?" Adrian asked but via didn't replied. she's waiting for only one person.

Clifford came out after Adrian. "Adrian what's happening? Why are you both here, Rose and Via?" he asked.

Via remained silent while I become so much thrilled and excited.

Dave came out after Clifford. "Rose, Via, why are you both here?" he asked but we didn't responded.

Via walk again straight to the board room. Everyone's watching her every step. Slowly, just like in a movie. I become more and more thrilled. I'll be loving this. Just don't try stopping her.

Then finally, Mr. Cheing came out. "What's happening? why you've all stopped?" he asked. He looked at where everybody's looking and he saw Via. "You? I know you." he told.

Tat made Via stopped.

"What did you say Mr. Cheing?" Dave asked.

"I know her. I remember her face." he answered.

"You, you know me?" Via finally spoke.

"Yes. I saw you somewhere but I don't remember where exactly." he answered.

"Are you sure Mr. Cheing?" Dave asked again while looking at Via.

"Not so sure, but she really looks familiar. I've seen that face before." he replied.

"Maybe she resembles on one of your hookers Mr. Cheing." said adrian.

"Ah maybe. Haha." he laughed.

"Let's go Mr. Cheing. I'll walk you out. We're done for today." said Dave.

"Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Cheing. We'll call you soon for further questions" said Clifford.

"Not a problem." Mr. Cheing.

Everybody passed thru us but Via remained standing still. What just happened to my Gabriela Silang? So disappointingly. I smirked.

"Via they're gone. Let's go." I told her.

She didn't bother to reply, she just ran.

I was left rejoicing. My plan worked. It was really my intention to make her furious about Mr. Cheing and also to have her seen by Mr. Cheing. As like what I've said, i will not be wearing a wig as my disguise at Casino Royale if I'm not up to something brilliant.

Chapter 27

"Hi there Inspector." I whispered on Dave's ear.

"Oh hi Cinderella." he greeted me. He smelled cigarette and alcohol. "What brings you here? It's just Thursday." he asked.

"I need to relax. Law school is driving me insane." I answered him. "One tequila please." I ordered.

"I see." his short reply.

"What's the problem Inspector? You seem not on the mood?" I asked.

"Work." again a short reply.

"One-word-man huh? What's bothering you? New case Inspector?"I asked. Since Dave is here, I'll ask him information. Though my only plan for tonight was to just relax, plan and think. I never thought that I'll be seeing him here since his busy with Peter's case.

"Case? I thought you don't believe me being an Inspector?" he answered.

"Yeah I don't, really." I answered on my dismay.

"Let's not talk about my job Cinderella. How about telling me something about yourself." he sounded really drunk.

"I'm not an interesting person Inspector." i told him.

"Oh come on Cinderella. How about your real name?"

"I'm- Cinderella. I more like that name than my real one."

"Well then, mysterious Cinderella, I really like your red lipstick." he asked me.

He's now holding my chin. Our faces now closer. I got drunk with the aroma of his breath. He's lips getting closer and closer. I can't help it. I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip.

"I love you Rose." he told me before the kiss.

Rose? Did he say Rose? I asked my self.

We almost kissed when he stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." he apologize.

"Sorry for what? For almost kissing me?"

"For calling you someone you are not." he explained.

"Someone who I'm no-" I almost forgot that I'm not Rose that very moment. "Who -who is she Inspector?" i just asked him instead.

"She's someone I like Cinderella."

I was shocked. I never expect it.

"Is she more than I am?"

"Honestly, you're way too beautiful. She's not really as pretty as you are, -but she's different. She's unique. She's simple yet very tough and that made her more beautiful." he told me.

I was blushing. Thank God that it was dark.

By that moment, I felt like dreaming. My heart is overflowing with joy. I don't want it to stop. I wanted to scream, to tell him that I am rRsemarie, to tell him that i love him too. If only I could, if only I could.

hey sistah soul sistah go sistah soul sistah.

I heard my phone ringing. What a very good timing. I annoyingly said. I reached my bag to get my phone and put it off. I don't want to miss this very moment that Dave's finally said his I love you. Finally I'm holding my f*cking phone and about to turn it off when it accidentally slipped from my hands and as I tried catching it, I fell myself down the floor.

I felt embarrassed. I looked up to see Dave's reaction but I don't see him anymore. The hard music stopped and the place become too dark, can't hardly see a thing but I recognized the smell. It smelled like my- no doubt it was the smell of my room. And finally I got used with darkness and eventually saw that I was just inside my room. Everything, everything including Dave was just a dream.

hey sistah soul sistah go sistah soul sistah.

"What do you need?" I screamed as loud as possible. I hate my Ate so much. I could kill her right now.

"Ouch sissy! Calm down."

"How could I calm down? You woke me up in the middle of my- sleep." I wanted to say dream, but that was not so me.

"I don't care even if you're dreaming. I want you to turn on your TV. You should see the late news on channel 11." after saying her last word she ended the call.

"hey, hey! dont just hang m-" wtf Ate. you called me just to tell me to watch the late news.

And since I was already up, I turned on the TV just what as she told me. I am too sleepy, my eyes are too heavy. What does she wanted me to see? I rest down to my couch while waiting for the news. I almost fell asleep when I over heard a news regarding a missing Jeffrey Sentosa and it's supposed to be connection with Peter Sentosa's abduction.

Jeffrey? I asked myself. I immediately sat down and paid attention to the news.

I cant believe it, someone have told Jeffrey's case to the media. It was already a closed case. And no one except Marg, Dave, Peter, Clifford and Adrian who knew about it. No wait! Is it Marg mom? Impossible. Or is it Olivia? I swear, I'll kill that girl on my bare hands if she's the one who's leaking all the information to the media.

---------------

Red's Note

makapagupdate lang po. haha :)
bitin pa rin po pero I hope matuwa kayo sa mga updates ko ;)

bitin na naman! :lol:
thanks ulit sa update :smack:

waiting for update .. BM muna ..

ang ganda ng flow ng story :thumbsup:

Wow dame update :yipee: basa basa din

ou mganda ung fl0w.

Eh ung author di mu bA papansinin?.? heha i <3 cinderela.wahahaha.

Salamat sa update misreD :madslap:

:thanks: sa mga nagbasa at nagabang
konting pasensya pa po :)

Chapter 28

I was on my way to the office. I barely slept the whole night. My mind was occupied by questions after questions after questions. Answers been so ambiguous. Now I am floating and wandering. I'm LOST. Everything were not part of any of my plans but I swear, I will make most of these on my advantage.

"Ma'am rose, sabi po ni sir Clifford tumuloy na daw po kayo sa Board Room." the guard told me.

What is this for? An early meeting? "WTF!" the guard heard me. It's already 8:30 am. I'm so so late. "Sino daw kasama sa meeting? Wala naman kameng schedule today ah?" I asked.

"Sina Ma'am Marg and Inspector Dave po, kasama si Sir Clifford and Sir Adrian." he answered.

Did I heard it right? Marg?

I didn't bother listening to the guard. I went immediately to the board room. As I arrived in front of the board room's door, the room seem to be so quiet. I put my ear near the door and tried listening on the other side but cant hear anything.

Are they really here? I asked myself. I tried knocking. After the second knock, the door opened and it was Marg who opened it.

"Why are you late? We'd been waiting for ages." Adrian's trembling voice.

"Adrian calm down." Dave trying to calm Adrian down.

"I'm sorry sirs. I woke up late." my apology.

"You two, Marg and Rose, sit down." Clifford instructed.

"What is happening Marg?" I whispered to Marg.

"I have no idea Rose." she whispered back as we take our sits.

"Let me do the talking Adrian and Clifford." Dave told that both Sentosa agreed.

"Why are we here Inspector?" I asked.

"Have you seen the late night news?" he asked in response.

"What news?" I pretended.

"What news Inspector, please explaine." Marg.

"Jeffrey's case was all over the news, god d*mn it." Adrian exclaimed.

"Adrian?" Dave shouted.

"Fine." he answered.

"Jeffrey Sentosa's case was all over the news Rose and aside from me and the brothers, it's only you and Marg who knew his missing." Dave explained.

"And you think one of us leaked it to media?" I bravely asked.

"No Rose. We're just-"

"Assuming? It's the same thing Inspector." Marg told.

"Look Marg-" he paused. "Let's make this issue lighter. Does anyone of you?" he can't continue asking.

"My god Dave, what's wrong with you? Just f*cking ask them." said Adrian.

"I have nothing to do with this sir, Inspector. I am already cleared with this issue. I don't want to involve myself again." said Marg

"Rose?" Dave turned to me.

"Of course not. I will not do something stupid like that. It's like putting all the blame in my shoulder. Media started accusing me of Peter's abduction, and now Jeffrey's. How can I do something like that to myself?" I answered.

"Yes i understand. But if none of you have done it, then who?" Dave asked.

"You're supposed to be the one who can answer that question Inspector. We really have no idea. But look Inspector, just a wild guess. Peter's case been released publicly and Jeffrey's been also missing for almost a month now. Maybe someone just connected the issues and have thought that Jeffrey's been abducted as well." said Rose.

"Yes, maybe that's true sirs. I've been asked nth times of my boss's whereabouts but cannot give a definite reply of when he'll be back after his long vacation. I'm not saying that one of your employees have done that but it is certainly not us. Rose and I been your suspects before, we don't have any intention of dragging ourselves again with this case. We'd been cleared because we're innocents." very well said by Marg.

"Have you told anyone about Jeffrey?" Dave asked.

"Of course none." we both answered.

"Sh*t!" Adrian.

"How could these things happen?" Clifford.

"Ok, that's all ladies, we're done for today. Not unless you have something to-" I didn't let him finished his sentence.

"We're not lying Inspector." I said. I'm indeed not lying, I dont know about Marg but for the first time I told the truth.

"Then fine. You may go back to your places." Dave.

I know it's not the end of it. I should be doing what I had planned to do. It's time for the evidences. I need to make a call. "Fudge!" I sighed, I left my bag inside the room.

"What's wrong Rose?" Marg asked.

"I left my bag inside. I'll just go back to get it. Una ka na. See you later sa lunch." I said to Marg.

"Ok Rose. But can I ask you something?" I know what she gonna ask.

"I did not do it Marg, if that's what you're going to ask. Believe me. Why don't you try asking Via?" I told her.

"Via?" she was shocked. "Oo nga pala, may alam din sya. You think sya may gawa ng lahat? What if she's not. What if they can't-" I didn't let her to finish her words.

"I'm not sure. Whether its Via or someone else, I will certainly look for that person Marg. Trust me." I swear to her.

Marg nodded. "I trust you Rose." she was then satisfied and we parted ways.

I'm almost back at the board room when I heard a broken glass. I am so curious that I put my ear near the door to listen.

"The hell Dave. Do your job. Don't sympathize with them." it was Adrian who screamed.

"I am doing my job Adrian. I AM. And besides they're just your secretaries." said Dave.

"They're just playing innocent. I can sense that. And that Rose. She got involve twice. She's really someone we should watch carefully." it was Clifford.

"Look Cliff, I'm not siding anyone here. But have you thought that Rose been involve twice because she's your secretary and she's working with your company. Being involve doesn't mean she's guilty of anything." said Dave.

I'm so really loving you Dave. I whispered.

"Are you really doing your job Dave? How? Show us improvement? Show us facts?" Adrian.

"I am doing my job Adrian. Cut off your bullsh*ts." Dave now yelling.

"F*ck you." Adrian.

"Tell me whatever you want. Curse me, the hell I care. I'd been investigating my ass at Casino Royale the whole night while you're rubbing your ass with b*tches. After what Mr. Cheing told us that he's been playing poker with Peter last Sunday night and how he lost his millions and a girl, I went immediately at Royale." dave.

Even in this situation, Adrian is still fooling around. This is getting interesting. I don't want to interrupt them. I want to listen with what Dave will tell.

"I have met the Casino's manager and asked him for the CCTV's record from last Sunday down to last-last week." he continued.

"And?" Clifford.

"And I have confirmed Mr. Cheing statement. Thou the videos were blurry, but it was so vivid that Peter went out at the Casino Royale with a girl. This is the same girl that I've seen sitting next with Mr. Cheing last Saturday night. I also asked the manager the permission to allow me investigate further and to asked his employees about what happen last Saturday and Sunday- " Dave paused.

"Please continue." said Clifford. Yes please continue. I also beg.

"This girl was with Mr. Cheing together with other hookies. Surprisingly that night, Peter grabbed this girl hand and told that she belonged to him which Mr. Cheing did not allow. It caused a scenario and a lot witnessed the two gentlemen agreement of having an one on one poker the next night."

"What? Does it mean that Peter knew that girl?" Adrian asked.

"Maybe, but according to Mr. Cheing, I have the chance to talk to him last night, Peter and him been with the same situation before, that Peter lost all his millions with him together with his date girl. Now he thinks that it's just Peter's way of getting even." Dave explained.

"That makes sense." said Clifford.

"So do you think that girl killed Peter?" Adrian asked.

"Probably. She's a hooker and Peter's carrying 20 million in cold cash that night." Dave agreed.

"So you think it's more than a rubbery than revenge?" Adrian.

"Revenge? I don't see any reason. Mr. Cheing told me that it was not the same girl he took from Peter before. So it's not a matter of revenge not unless there's another reason for revenge Adrian?" Dave asked.

"None. That stupid Dave." Clifford answered.

I knew it, I've already shook Adrian and Clifford sanity. I know that they already knew that they're next.

"Well then. It might be a robbery holdup and she might be keeping Peter for a future kidnap-for-ransom." Dave was so brilliant misleading the case. As what I've thought, I will benefit from all of these. Haha. I was tickled by my happy thought.

"So there's a possibility that Peter is still alive." Clifford asked.

"I hope so, and so as Jeffrey." Dave agreed.

"We have to find them." Adrian.

"We'll definitely do that. But I have something to tell you. Something very important. " said Dave.

"What?" they both asked.

"Mr. Cheing is missing." Dave blurted.

"What the-?" Adrian.

What?
I also asked. Via, I know it was you.

"I was trying to call his number after I received his last text but it was out of reached. I called his house and office but he had not returned since last night." he said.

"This is too alarming Dave. Even Mr. Cheing was missing. Oh wait, what is his last text?" Clifford asked.

I didn't bother hearing his answer, I need to see Via now.

Back
Top Bottom