Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

What was the last movie you saw at maganda ba?

American Beauty..... Try to watch this movie this can happen to real life!

Transformers Age of Instinct ion: 10/10 still cant get enough of this movie:lol: superb effects and story!

Fabulous

7/10
It's a nice story, pero hindi ko lang nagustuhan yun ending.

Rocky IV (1985) - 7/10
Still entertaining. Action packed and very inspiring. For me, it was just wrong to add politics, or the insertion of political stuff was just inappropriate. Moreover, the poor strength of the supporting characters involved. Formulaic but entertaining

Rocky V (1990) - 9/10
This is clearly an underrated Rocky installment. It redirects from the formula of the first four to a new one which, in my opinion, had a perfect delivery. All of the build up of the scene is outstanding. People probably expect more of action, but it wasn’t an action movie. It was Rocky trying to live his life as a retired boxer. The movie just failed to develop the supporting character who needs proper development.

Rocky Balboa (2006) - 9/10
The final fight of Rocky is outstanding. I know it’s a cliched word, but it’s really outstanding. You can really feel your sympathy with Rocky. The writing is good. Although, some characters are just out of place.

Re: What was the last movie you watched at maganda ba?!!

nina forever mgnda din,sexy nkktwa pero prng bitin ang ending kulang sa explanation may subtitle na nga di q p din naintindihan

The Martian (2015) 8/10 - sana maka bingwit na si Ridley Scott ng oscar awards sa movie na to. kahit best picture lang manalo sya

The Revenant (2015) 8/10 - magaling talaga si leo umarte, pag hindi pa to makabingwit ng best actor this 2016 oscars award ewan ko na lang

Sicario (2015) 8/10 - ang galing ng screenplay at cinematography sa movie na to. Ang galing ni Benicio Del Toro at Emily Blunt

Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016) 7/10 - wala parin kupas, nakakatawa pa rin

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014) 6/10 - okay lang din, kaso mukhang nakukulangan ako sa plot ng story. nanood lang ako ng movie na to bcoz of Liam Neeson

Deadpool (2016) 7/10 - fan ako ng marvel universe. nakakatawa ang movie na to. rated 18 ata to kasi may scene na nag-jajakol si deadpool :lol:

Joy (2015) 6/10 - okay lang. wala ako mapanood eh kaya pinatos ko na latest movie ni JLaw. pampa-antok bago matulog

In the Heart of the Sea (2015) 7/10 - parang si Thor lang din ang buhok ni Chris Hemsworth dito sa movie na to. haha

Room 2015
7/10 story is good, great acting by Brie definitely best actress this season. but i like her Short Term 12 more

Ashby (2015)
5/10 i don't like it, feeling k kalat masyado yung story. may pag ka St. Vincent na mas ok ng kaunti, unti lang....:D

The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015)
7/10 well i like it, i think this is more accurate sa real na nangyari kaysa sa fiction na Das Experiment at The Experiment
about the same Experiment pero mas mature type ung latter two

The Intern (2015)
6/10 interesting enough for me to finish the film, some cringe worthy scene specially ung hotel scene. pero malabnaw na story

Spellbound (2011)
7/10 maganda rin ung stroy specially ung girl kaya tinapos kung panoorin. pero i like if different ung ending too cheesy sana sad..:lol:

Beauty and the Bestie (2015)
6/10 meron nman nakakatawang scene but very predictable, so kung hinde ako masyado natawa dito what more yung kla Vic..:lol:

Cabin Fever (2016)
5/10 too many haters kasi another remake, but wala nmang pinag kaiba sa original..

Blade Runner (1982)
7.5/10 a classic scifi film of Ridley Scott. the theme, mood that they create is good kinda dark..

Secret in Their Eyes (2015)
7/10 this is not bad for a remake of the original Argentian film. don't mind the ratings just watch this before the orig...:lol:

Victor Frankenstein (2015)
7/10 well this is entertaining, different take sa most Frankenstein movies. well i enjoyed it..

Filth (2013)
8/10 great movie, actor, and story. all in all a great watch..

Last edited:

Interstellar (2014) - 10/10
sht naiyak nanaman ako haha

Last edited:
Heneral Luna
for sure nasa minority ako, i stop watching duon sa giyera part. langya seryoso ba sila sa pag gawa nun
wlang ka dating dating to look believable ....:lol:

I had many points as a disagreement to this specific statement, kaso baka mauwi lang sa debate.

napanood ko yung Tandem. maganda kaso di repeatable viewing. a little melodramatic. NOOD PA RIN KAYO THO. second day na niya sa mga sinehan ngayon!

Spotlight (2015) 8/10 - okay yung flow ng story at hindi sya boring kahit walang barilan. langya ang daming bading na pari! hahaha

Bridge of Spies (2015) 7/10 - another movie from spielberg and tom hanks. medyo na antok ako sa middle part... pero overall okay lang

The Hateful Eight (2015) 8/10 - medyo slow ng konti pero okay lang kasi nakakatawa din minsan mga lines nila kaya hindi ka mabobored. basta movies ni quentin tarantino talaga trademark na nya yung barilan at puro dugo ang paligid. naalala ko tuloy yung movie nya na Kill Bill at Django Unchained

Last edited:
I had many points as a disagreement to this specific statement, kaso baka mauwi lang sa debate.

ok, lang brad you can enlighten me. to each his own nman sa mga movies.
pero pag lumaki na pinapanuod mo mga war movies like
The Bridge on the River Kwai, Patton, Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Das Boot etc and hirap tangapin
na yung war scene sa umpisa ay parang pang elementary, regardless kung maliit ang budget
hinde ko matangap na mag uubos ako ng oras sa hinde seryoso sa pag gawa ng movie, wla pa yung mga acting crap...imho :D

ok, lang brad you can enlighten me. to each his own nman sa mga movies.
pero pag lumaki na pinapanuod mo mga war movies like
The Bridge on the River Kwai, Patton, Platoon, Apocalypse Now, Das Boot etc and hirap tangapin
na yung war scene sa umpisa ay parang pang elementary, regardless kung maliit ang budget
hinde ko matangap na mag uubos ako ng oras sa hinde seryoso sa pag gawa ng movie, wla pa yung mga acting crap...imho :D

Having a low budget is one thing, and hindi mo rin pwedeng sabihin na the makers of this didn't take this seriously. In fact I think Jerrold Tarog and his team are one of the most Filipino serious filmmakers today. Basta, medyo elaborate ko bukas, antok na ko, ngayon ko lang nakitang ayos na Symbianize.

Creed (2015) - 10/10
Latest installment of Rocky and heck it is damn good. I loved the father/son chemistry of Balboa and Creed. The sport-drama story is very effective. The plot gives resemblance to the other installments but in the other way. Superb acting by Michael B Jordan, who got my nerves in the most disappointing superhero movie, Fant4stic.

American ultra (2015) - 5/10
I liked the story, unique siya. Meanwhile, some characters just doesn’t fit in the story. Plain masyado ang plot, maraming nangyayare pero dull yung tone ng movie, yung parang ang dry. Still a watchable action movie.

Steve Jobs (2015) - 10/10
This movie is filled with greatness. With the amazing acting from the actors, the proper direction and the well-written script, I think it’s a biopic movie which shows what you need and want to know. An entertaining movie for a biography-drama.
If you want fact-to-fiction-that-looks-like-a-documentary movie, you won’t enjoy this.

Having a low budget is one thing, and hindi mo rin pwedeng sabihin na the makers of this didn't take this seriously. In fact I think Jerrold Tarog and his team are one of the most Filipino serious filmmakers today. Basta, medyo elaborate ko bukas, antok na ko, ngayon ko lang nakitang ayos na Symbianize.

So eto na nga (ngayon lang nakabalik sa Symb), I'll get the "budget" issue out of the way: I mean compared to Hollywood films, ang cheap lang talaga ng budget na 80 million PESOS if you're expecting Hollywood-type battle scenes. Ang pinakamalapit na era ang setting na Hollywood film to Heneral Luna is probably The Patriot, but look at its budget: 110 Million US DOLLARS.

In fact I even applaud Jerrold Tarog for his choice of shots to at least compensate for the lack of budget. I know that the overhead shot of the Filipino army in the trenches was specifically chosen para mapagtakpan kung gaano kakunti ang explosions and extras for the battle scene, pero ang galing pa din, it makes you feel in the midst of the battle pa rin, ang galing pa rin ng cinematography. All I'm saying is if you're going to watch a Filipino film, lower your expectations for a Hollywood-caliber feel na polished ang lahat from costumes to CGI. If you get that out of your way, maa-appreciate mo tong film na to.

And second pointer: Hindi lang naman yung battle scenes ang dapat basehan mo dito: The script also, though baka maturn-off ka pa rin, so I will already say na the script was tailored specifically for Filipinos, and not just highly-intellectual Pinoys but for all... the masses could easily get what the message the film pushes. Kaya nga pumatok sa masa. Think of Jerrold Tarog as the Filipino-level Chris Nolan, (hindi lang din ako ang nagsusuggest nito, may nabasa talaga akong article na i-c-in-ompare talaga si Tarog kay Nolan na) he's a type of filmmaker which creates a highly intellectual film that coud be peddled as a blockbuster... that's what Heneral Luna is, a Filipino-type of blockbuster.

I'm sure may nakalimutan pa akong pointers but I'm suggesting to you na tapusin mo yung film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom